SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Rodion Amirov appreciation post

20 déc. 2022 à 15 h 21
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
When Amirov suited up in the MHL, he was lights out. In 17 games for Tolpar Ufa, he tallied 10 goals and 12 assists. His experience in the VHL was a little less fruitful, but he still managed to tally three points in five regular season games for Toros Neftekamsk. At the beginning of the season, he was battle tested at the KHL level, but he did not get a ton of playing time, which impacted his offensive production (two assists in 21 games). He made his KHL debut during the 2019-20 season at just 18 years

One of my favorite things about Amirov is his ability to read playing surface and identify which teammate is going where. When the Russian prospect is about to make a pass, he seems to identify the desired area where his teammate will be and deliver the pass to that spot.

While not a dynamic fast skater, he has some of the best crossovers to help him accelerate up and down the ice. Amirov is not known for his shot and is more known for his two-way game. He is defensively responsible and when he sees his defenseman pinch and jump into the cycle, he drops back to the blue-line to provide support for the other defenseman. In the defensive zone, Amirov is a versatile defender. He is always in gear and is often seen identifying open lanes in the zone and quickly moving to that lane to shut it down. There are moments where Amirov is providing support/insurance along the boards for a fellow teammate who is executing a poke-check or bodycheck. In addition, you can expect Amirov to play the puck and use his poke-checking ability to neutralize the attack. He brings the same poke-checking style to his offensive zone and neutral zone play.

Rodion Amirov, based on most scouting reports, is the ideal prospect: a winger with a 200 foot game, a good shooter with good hands, a strong work ethic, and a great mind on the ice.

How anyone can argue against picking a winger with a strong mind who is great in all three zones, plays successfully on both the PP and PK, and already has pro experience in the 2nd best league in the world is ridiculous.
20 déc. 2022 à 15 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
20 déc. 2022 à 15 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
20 déc. 2022 à 15 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
“Amirov’s game doesn’t have many flaws, as he’s a great skater which in turn makes him a great forechecker. Even though he’s not the biggest of forwards, he plays with an aggressive mindset and is unafraid of physicality along the boards. But the biggest asset of his game is his hockey IQ and ability to influence the game from all three zones and both special teams. The work ethic and attitude he possesses is also second-to-none. Basically he’s a complete player who is only going to get better. Expect him to attract a lot of attention from teams selecting in the top half of the first round. Amirov has all the tools to succeed in the NHL from his elite two-way game to his hockey IQ and ability to come through in clutch situations, he is a player you win Stanley Cups with. Throw in his overall work ethic and mature attitude, and you have a complete player. He may not light it up as a top-line winger, but he will provide great production as a top-nine forward playing on both the power play and penalty kill.” -The Hockey Writers
20 déc. 2022 à 15 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
“An impressive two-way winger. Competes for every puck and tends to win thanks to his balance and strong core. Makes the subtle plays that add up. Still searching for that separation speed.” -Dobber Prospects
20 déc. 2022 à 15 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
“Shifty, aggressive and incredibly smart, Amirov impacts the game in all three zones with or without the puck.” … “He can play either side of center, and his shot accuracy on his off-wing is as accurate as it is on his strong side.” … “Amirov has a quick first step, but his directional changes in open ice are incredibly rapid and perfectly timed.” … “Amirov excels in both areas of special teams.” … “sharp instincts and decision making combine to force opponents into bad choices.” … “He has soft hands to handle tough passes, and his skate-to-stick transition is among the best you’ll see from a pre-draft teenager.” … “extremely elusive in tight spaces” … “He enters the offensive zone with his head up and consistently identifies and connects with the best option.” -Steve Kournianos, the Draft Analyst
20 déc. 2022 à 15 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
20 déc. 2022 à 15 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137

Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 janv. 2023 à 3 h 15
Summary Writer
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 329
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 janv. 2023 à 13 h 27
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,215
Quoting: MatthewsFan

I didn't know he was a Christian, that's awesome!
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
6 janv. 2023 à 16 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Saskleaf
I didn't know he was a Christian, that's awesome!

Ya, you should check out his Insta post from today
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 févr. 2023 à 12 h 49
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,085
I think revisionist history has a lot to do with people complaining about the Amirov selection. There were certainly a few disgruntled Leafs fans when he was initially selected in 2020, but the consensus seemed to be that he was a very solid pick. Amirov has been my single favourite prospect in the Leafs organization since being drafted, his playstyle is just so fantastic. Now in 2023, Amirov is obviously yet to make his debut due to this cancer diagnosis while other 2020 draftees have debuted and looked very good. I don't know how people can genuinely hold the diagnosis of Amirov against Dubas and even Amirov himself. He is an absolute warriors and I cannot wait for the day he buries his first NHL goal.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
14 août 2023 à 14 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Ovchinnikov 137
F3gnEXjWMA4iIkM?format=webp&name=900x900

Absolutely gutted
14 août 2023 à 14 h 52
McMann Season
Mentions "j'aime": 967
Rest in peace Rodion, I was so sad to hear.

Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends, this has to be a difficult time for them.
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
14 août 2023 à 15 h 31
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,047
Was hoping he would make a comeback but when the relapse occurred man the signs were there

When he was drafted was a bit confused on the pick but then I saw the reports and this kid had the tools to be scary good

Then when it was looking like we may see him in the Marlies brain cancer struck. He fought through and when it looked like things were back on track it came back

Never got to suit up for an NHL game and was taken away to soon RIP man the ice rink above is yours

Also even though he never played nor suited for them retire #72 to honor the kid
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
14 août 2023 à 16 h 28
Save Ukrane, end war
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 783
Rest in peace, 21 is far too quick to have graced the earth. Condolences to his friends and family and to all Leafs fans who were wishing and hoping for a healthy recovery.
MatthewsFan et Manson a aimé ceci.
14 août 2023 à 20 h 21
45 for Norris.
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 328
Rest in peace Rodion.

When I saw this my heart plummeted. A life taken way too soon. My condolences to his family and friend.
BigDaddyOvech a aimé ceci.
14 août 2023 à 22 h 21
Amirov Forever
Mentions "j'aime": 6,085
I heard the unfortunate news of Amirov's passing while at work today. Now that I've had time to sit on the news, my heart is fully broken. This is a man I never knew, but his passing is extremely upsetting. By all accounts, Rodion was a warrior, a positive person, and an excellent hockey player. In spite of his tragic diagnosis, he made the best of his situation and positively affected those around him. He is an inspiration to everyone and a testament to the power of human will. He was taken far too soon, but even in this brief time here, he made a huge impact. I can't remember the last time anything hockey related broke my heart like this.

Amirov was a guy that I had my eyes on going into the 2020 draft. His strong play in every situation was immediately clear, and I was extremely excited when my Leafs picked him. He had all the making of being an excellent player, and was extremely easy to cheer for. I still remember seeing his Matthews celly after scoring at the WJCs. He had all the character in the world, and a bright future. He looked like he was progressing well for a while, and seeing him in good spirits at the home opener was a really nice display. I still can't believe he is gone, and I wish nothing but the best for his family and friends. Leafs nation will always honor your legacy Rodion, and your number 72 will be forever in our hearts. Rest easy buddy 💙🤍
15 août 2023 à 1 h 53
Summary Writer
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 329
Terrible news for the entire hockey world today, rip to a great person. Sending love to his family. Taken from this world too soon 😭

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage