SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

If Slaf Scores More Than Laffy And Kakko

15 déc. 2022 à 15 h 28
HuGo is a Boss GM
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,088
The last 7 games have been the most consistent hockey from Slafkovsky. He has 5 points (1 goal and 4 assists) in that 7 game span and he's been better on the ice as well.

I am starting to suspect that he will outscore BOTH Lafreniere and Kakko this year. Now I know every player is different and that the two teams are different and have different pressures and levels of expectation on them, but I wanted to run a little Poll.

If Slafkovsky as rookie 18 year old outscores Lafreniere at 21 in his 3rd season and Kakko at 21/22 in his 4th season, does that mean:

A) Slafkovsky is the better player of the 3
B) MSL and the MTL staff are doing a better job
C) The Habs are now "Good" at player development
D) It's easier to score for him because he feels less pressure
E) All of the above?
F) Other (Please elaborate?)
15 déc. 2022 à 15 h 31
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,207
way too early to be having this kind of discussion
LumberJacques et jonh514 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2022 à 15 h 32
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: leafs101
way too early to be having this kind of discussion

So F) Then?
leafs101 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2022 à 15 h 34
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,207
Quoting: jonh514
So F) Then?

G) none of the above, its too early to say any of those things
jonh514 et GMBL a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2022 à 15 h 36
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,329
So F) Then?

Yeah, I would say F) for B-D at best or G) too early as leafs101 said.
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2022 à 15 h 36
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: leafs101
G) none of the above, its too early to say any of those things

But... That's what F was for! Kidding thanks for the response. Going forward I will hold my player evaluation posts until after 7pm!
GMBL a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2022 à 15 h 41
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,329
But... That's what F was for! Kidding thanks for the response. Going forward I will hold my player evaluation posts until after 7pm, 2025!

If it makes you feel any better, if I were to grade your survey, I would give you an F even though it's an A to B-grade survey.
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2022 à 15 h 55
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,358
Here is a list of thing I think are true about the Rangers and Habs:
a) MSL is great at developing young players. Suzuki, Cauf, Dach, Guhle, and others have all made improvements under his guidance.
b) The rangers have struggled to develop young forwards. (Laffy, KK, Krastov)
c) The rangers have done well developing young Dmen (Fox, Lindgren, Miller)
d) The habs can lean on their young players to develop them and they can afford to let their young players make mistakes. The rangers are trying to compete so the leash for these young players to make mistakes is much smaller.
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2022 à 16 h 14
GM
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,737
Well NYR isn't really trying to develop players, they are trying to win and play post season. So yeah of course MTL are better at that now.
But to your point, NYR needs to develop there young forwards too. Because otherwise thus train ain't moving forward.
I feel that term generational talent is thrown around too much, and chemistry is very important for production. But I agree you guys are better at that now. Much thanks to St. Louis, because last year at this time it didn't look all too well either.
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2022 à 16 h 20
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,375
Kakko isnt close to either of them. It should be Slaf or Laf. Catchy toosmile
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2022 à 16 h 42
Billy739
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,629
I think its either or with these two.
I dont think it'll be Slafkovsky traded though.

IMO Lafreniere's a real option i think NYR would consider moving as he still has value.
Kakko on the other hand like Puljujarvi is running out of time fast as he hasnt shown the same progress Lafreniere has.
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2022 à 17 h 22
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: DangleCat
Here is a list of thing I think are true about the Rangers and Habs:
a) MSL is great at developing young players. Suzuki, Cauf, Dach, Guhle, and others have all made improvements under his guidance.
b) The rangers have struggled to develop young forwards. (Laffy, KK, Krastov)
c) The rangers have done well developing young Dmen (Fox, Lindgren, Miller)
d) The habs can lean on their young players to develop them and they can afford to let their young players make mistakes. The rangers are trying to compete so the leash for these young players to make mistakes is much smaller.

All very true!
15 déc. 2022 à 17 h 23
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: AG_sweden
Well NYR isn't really trying to develop players, they are trying to win and play post season. So yeah of course MTL are better at that now.
But to your point, NYR needs to develop there young forwards too. Because otherwise thus train ain't moving forward.
I feel that term generational talent is thrown around too much, and chemistry is very important for production. But I agree you guys are better at that now. Much thanks to St. Louis, because last year at this time it didn't look all too well either.

OMG. It was a nightmare last year at this time!
AG_sweden a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2022 à 17 h 25
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: Billy739
I think its either or with these two.
I dont think it'll be Slafkovsky traded though.

IMO Lafreniere's a real option i think NYR would consider moving as he still has value.
Kakko on the other hand like Puljujarvi is running out of time fast as he hasnt shown the same progress Lafreniere has.

I disagree. 21 years old is too soon to give up on any top 10 pick. They rushed him, they are screwing with his confidence, but put him in a situation to play free and he might blow your mind. A lot of young players rushed into the league, including Slaf & Guhle one day, will struggle when it's time to "win now". That pressure can eat at you.
Billy739 a aimé ceci.
15 déc. 2022 à 17 h 41
GM
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,737
OMG. It was a nightmare last year at this time!

Yeah, you need to be given support by your coach to succeed. I feel like Gallant is just waking up to that.
16 déc. 2022 à 20 h 26
Billy739
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,629
I disagree. 21 years old is too soon to give up on any top 10 pick. They rushed him, they are screwing with his confidence, but put him in a situation to play free and he might blow your mind. A lot of young players rushed into the league, including Slaf & Guhle one day, will struggle when it's time to "win now". That pressure can eat at you.

Not saying they'd give up on him but as it sits MTL has the 11th and 13th OA picks
Just stating what pretty much everyone's saying this is the best draft since the 2016 Matthews draft.
Top 15 pick in that is going to be coveted case and point last years draft was half as deep and a former 3rd OA pick was acquired for a top 15 pick.
The pick has value and MTL as of now is likely looking at owning two of those picks

While Lafreniere isnt someone you give up on
McAvoy, Mcleod and Chychrun fit into that range in 2016
Now NYR would be looking at getting a similar level prospect or possibly better given the Russian Superstars expected fall out of top 10.
If i was NYR i'd be interest in a TDL especially Michnikov is still available and NYR unlike most teams hasnt shy'd away from picking Russians in the draft lately like 80% of the NHL.

Top 15 pick in 2023 draft
3rd round pick in 2023
Dvorak

For
Lafreniere
Chytil(to make cap work)

MTL's POV we gave up Chiarot(1st from FLA) ,1st and a 2nd (Dvorak) and a 3rd for Lafreniere.
Given what we got last year at TDL Monahan should get a 1st as should Edmundston likely both heavily conditioned.
We'll get back at the TDL more then we'll give up to land Lafreniere.

Downside is this years Draft is also stacked with a lot of quality Center options but all the defensman especially the RD are clustered near the 33rd-40th picks.
MTL will get the Center it wants with their pick and likely use the Monahan and Eddy picks to land a couple of those RD.

NYR upside is they get a 3rd line Center who can take bulk faceoffs and back checking line.
He's a serious upgrade on Chytil and gives NYR the power they need.
Michnikov is ready to turn Pro and could slot into NYR plans sooner then later at atleast the same level as Lafreniere's playing (already has pro games by 17 and sent back to Junior where he's dominating)

Longterm and Short term it makes NYR a better team
But it would have to at the TDL with Michnikov similar to Dach trade when Nezar fell to the position in which MTL could offer a pick for them to get him.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage