Forums/Armchair-GM

Stop trading for ChychrunOthers - Discuss

Créé par: GSGHARRIS
Équipe: 2023-24 Sénateurs d'Ottawa
Date de création initiale: 7 sept. 2022
Publié: 23 sept. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
All of the Sens core (minus Debrincat) have been locked up long term. We know what the spending will be moving forward so every trade you are thinking about, ask yourself. Would I rather have Chychrun/P.Kane/Karlsson @50% etc etc OR would I rather have Debrincat. All of the trades boil down to that question.

If you're able to move Zaitsev for a pick, it opens the option to have Talbot or another experienced goalie come back or up the Pinto dollars for more term.

I think 4 Mil avg for Zub is fair but maybe his camp seeks an AVG of 5mil. Zaitsev doesn't need to be moved for a 1 for 1 swap with Chychrun, he needs to be moved to pay for Zub and Pinto.

There are 7! players here that are under 1 million to float the roster if the cap only rises 1 Million for next season and the Sens are still 350k over the ceiling.

I just don't see how it would work out but I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1900 000 $
43 000 000 $
1900 000 $
89 500 000 $
22 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
54 000 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de NSH
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de WSH
Logo de OTT
Logo de TBL
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2083 500 000 $83 840 713 $0 $2 275 000 $-340 713 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
8 350 000 $8 350 000 $
C
UFA - 8
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 2
8 205 714 $8 205 714 $
AG
UFA - 5
7 950 000 $7 950 000 $
C
UFA - 7
4 975 000 $4 975 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG
RFA
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
RFA - 1
2 950 000 $2 950 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
762 500 $762 500 $
AG
RFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
AG
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 5
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
G
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
DD
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
G
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 850 000 $$2M)
DG
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
23 sept. 2022 à 10 h 45
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,818
You are correct in your analysis. So many Ottawa CF posts do not appreciate the bonuses to paid and how it affects the cap, or the upcoming expensive RFA signings in 23/24.
And you have laid the cap roster for the Sens in 22/23. I still say the Giroux and his 3 year contract might have messed up the Sens in the final two years of his contract....despite being a good player, and the Sens ability to retain younger players.
GSGHARRIS a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2022 à 10 h 48
Banni
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,536
I've had a few... interesting conversations with Sens fans and I think so many are short-sighted. OTT has handled their rebuild very well. I get it, trust me, when you're going through a rebuild and you're getting close to being out of it you can get a bit impatient. Due to the division their in and the current state of development of some of their young players, more specifically their dmen, the Sens are probably a year away from being a playoff team and probably two to three from being a true contender.

To me you ride out contracts like Zaitsev. Be patient and he'll be gone soon. The goalie situation will be different by then and if Forsberg doesn't emerge as a true #1, you have some time to figure out the options. The defense is not ready yet, but they will be.

OTT made some big moves this off-season, but personally, I'd avoid any other big moves for now. Let the young guys take a few more steps, let teams like Boston and Tampa fizzle out and enjoy a long run at the top.
GSGHARRIS a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2022 à 11 h 1
KFTW
Mentions "j'aime": 24,113
Formenton will be moved and replaced with Greig. Sens are a playoff team this year and will be adding a Dman sometime between September and February for the playoff run
23 sept. 2022 à 11 h 38
alwaysnextyear
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,568
Quoting: csick
Formenton will be moved and replaced with Greig. Sens are a playoff team this year and will be adding a Dman sometime between September and February for the playoff run

If the Sens keep using Zub as a top pair, defensive Dman (#2) and he and the team have success this year, I think his camp look to a contract like Pelech's as a comparable. A $4m AAV won't cut it.
csick a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2022 à 11 h 40
alwaysnextyear
Quoting: alwaysnextyear
If the Sens keep using Zub as a top pair, defensive Dman (#2) and he and the team have success this year, I think his camp look to a contract like Pelech's as a comparable. A $4m AAV won't cut it.

Cernak would be another good comparable for his agent.
23 sept. 2022 à 11 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 17
Quoting: palhal
You are correct in your analysis. So many Ottawa CF posts do not appreciate the bonuses to paid and how it affects the cap, or the upcoming expensive RFA signings in 23/24.
And you have laid the cap roster for the Sens in 22/23. I still say the Giroux and his 3 year contract might have messed up the Sens in the final two years of his contract....despite being a good player, and the Sens ability to retain younger players.

The 6.5 mil in Cap space would have been the room for a Chychrun trade and some breathing room for other positional options but I'm a huge fan of the signing. I think that's the veteran guy this team 100% needed to bring on to this group. He will be huge for Stutzle, and Tkachuk. Maybe a year too long but he's here. He'll be able to teach how to score, how to lead, how to win face offs and everything else. He was one of the NHL's biggest talents for a long run. I think it off sets the cap he's using.
23 sept. 2022 à 11 h 51
Leafs Sufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,511
Wait, you post on this site?
GSGHARRIS a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2022 à 12 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: csick

Eventually that may be the plan but I think the Sens are a better team this year and at least next with Forms in the 3LW spot. I'm looking at next year. There is space this year for a Dman but not one that has term.

I think Form's floor is a 1st line PK and 35pt guy playing 3rd line mins/teammates. That's a very valuable player @ 3mil. If that's what the contract ends up being. Him and Joseph running the 1st PK is going to push a lot of shorties.
23 sept. 2022 à 12 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Ritzy
Wait, you post on this site?

You told me to.
Ritzy a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2022 à 12 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: alwaysnextyear
Cernak would be another good comparable for his agent.

I think there is a decent gap between those two and Zub. I'm not sure he can command that term/$. He's getting 1st pair mins because he's the best of the Sens competition for that role. He's not playing 1st line mins for NYI or TB. Both those players also had many more years of NHL time.
alwaysnextyear a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2022 à 12 h 16
alwaysnextyear
Quoting: GSGHARRIS
I think there is a decent gap between those two and Zub. I'm not sure he can command that term/$. He's getting 1st pair mins because he's the best of the Sens competition for that role. He's not playing 1st line mins for NYI or TB. Both those players also had many more years of NHL time.

You're probably right that he wouldn't be first pair on those teams, but his agent will still point to the role he has/minutes played when it comes to his next contract. Considering how effective he is on the defensive side I think he definitely gets more than $4m.
23 sept. 2022 à 12 h 21
Kster
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 359
When did the SENs become a team that can reliably spend to the cap? Maybe (& big maybe) once the new arena is built but that is a long way off. Reality going to hit soon - they can’t sustain salary structure at the cap ceiling; something will give.
23 sept. 2022 à 12 h 24
Démarrer sujet

23 sept. 2022 à 12 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,684
Quoting: palhal

What Giroux brings as a team leader is something Ottawa would be severely lacking in right now without him. I think the addition of Giroux was really important for this teams growth.
23 sept. 2022 à 13 h 37
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,721
Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
I've had a few... interesting conversations with Sens fans and I think so many are short-sighted.

On Cap Friendly? Maybe some that just passed through but not among the regulars...

Is it really about if they'll make the playoffs or not? Some tried to convince you that they will make the playoffs? Are they short sighted because they have faith that their team are about to turn the corner?

Nobody knows what will happen. They have made some huge additions, but also some additions by subtraction and could see a significant progress from some of the young players like it happened last year from basically everyone

There's nothing short sighted about believing in your team, that's what sports is all about
23 sept. 2022 à 13 h 44
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 4,536
Quoting: Xspyrit
On Cap Friendly? Maybe some that just passed through but not among the regulars...

Is it really about if they'll make the playoffs or not? Some tried to convince you that they will make the playoffs? Are they short sighted because they have faith that their team are about to turn the corner?

Nobody knows what will happen. They have made some huge additions, but also some additions by subtraction and could see a significant progress from some of the young players like it happened last year from basically everyone

There's nothing short sighted about believing in your team, that's what sports is all about

No, short-sighted in the decisions they propose instead of letting the process play out a little more. Letting your younger guys ease in before making drastic changes.
23 sept. 2022 à 13 h 47
Quoting: kster34
When did the SENs become a team that can reliably spend to the cap? Maybe (& big maybe) once the new arena is built but that is a long way off. Reality going to hit soon - they can’t sustain salary structure at the cap ceiling; something will give.

Melnyk died, the landscape changed. But even then, it was in the plans. Melnyk said so a few years ago. They were supposed to start spending to the cap last year actually.

If the team becomes a playoffs team in the near future, they will be more than fine financially and we don't know how much Melnyk daughters are ready to invest in the team even if the bottom line is not profitable. They are billionaires after all.

Yes they will need an arena downtown but short term they will be fine. Maybe the team will be sold too. Lot of things could happen but Melnyk in the past wanted to rebuild and diminish the expenses to focus on paying the loans. Not saying we approve what he did or not, but that's what happened
23 sept. 2022 à 14 h 0
Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
No, short-sighted in the decisions they propose instead of letting the process play out a little more. Letting your younger guys ease in before making drastic changes.

Ok I would need to see those threads so I can't comment further but one example about this is Zaitsev

I would keep him this year as an insurance policy as the bonus is already paid and the team can easily afford his 2.5 salary

Worst case scenario, he fills in if there's an injury on RD or he goes down to help the AHL team.

He will cost less in assets to dump next off-season

And no need to pay the moon for Chychrun, if he's too costly to acquire, statu quo

That I can agree, let's just see how things unfold.
Mr_Gardoki a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2022 à 16 h 30
Kster
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 359
Quoting: Xspyrit
Melnyk died, the landscape changed. But even then, it was in the plans. Melnyk said so a few years ago. They were supposed to start spending to the cap last year actually.

If the team becomes a playoffs team in the near future, they will be more than fine financially and we don't know how much Melnyk daughters are ready to invest in the team even if the bottom line is not profitable. They are billionaires after all.

Yes they will need an arena downtown but short term they will be fine. Maybe the team will be sold too. Lot of things could happen but Melnyk in the past wanted to rebuild and diminish the expenses to focus on paying the loans. Not saying we approve what he did or not, but that's what happened

Understood Melnyk died, but reality didn’t change - SENs are bottom 5 in revenue and $CD is dropping . Even with playoffs (which are a long shot) no way you can cover $80+M in salary + operating expenses, etc.
reality will hit soon - no owner is willing to continuously fork out double digits in millions year after year . And Melnyk wasn’t that rich
23 sept. 2022 à 17 h 54
Quoting: kster34
Understood Melnyk died, but reality didn’t change - SENs are bottom 5 in revenue and $CD is dropping . Even with playoffs (which are a long shot) no way you can cover $80+M in salary + operating expenses, etc.
reality will hit soon - no owner is willing to continuously fork out double digits in millions year after year . And Melnyk wasn’t that rich

Hence my last paragraph lol

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage