Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $82 111 450 $212 500 $0 $388 550 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
950 000 $950 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 2
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 2
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 3
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
834 167 $834 167 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 8
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 2
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 2
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
20 août 2022 à 14 h 44
Banni
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,536
Quoting: GenXHockey
His QO of 5.1m was against their offseason cap. Then there was his ask of 8m to consider as well.

Again, there was no cap dumped. The Wild prioritized depth over Fiala and moved his RIGHTS.
RazWild a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 14 h 45
Owly
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 932
Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
Well, there's no cap to dump when you're trading rights.

And that has absolutely zero to do with anything I just said, so I'll ask again. How is a player, who out performs his contract, is a good player and the team he is on CAN afford him, a cap dump?

Seems to me if a player who CAN be kept because his team can afford him and is good and affordable is still a cap dump, who isn't a cap dump. Is Nylander a cap dump? He out performs his contract, the Leafs can afford to keep him and he's a good player, is he a cap dump? Is Matthews a cap dump? The Leafs CAN keep him but if they wanted to go in a different direction, does that mean he's worthless? Your definition of a cap dump seems to make everyone a cap dump.
20 août 2022 à 14 h 49
Judd Bracket ripoff
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,581
Again, there was no cap dumped. The Wild prioritized depth over Fiala and moved his RIGHTS.

The wild trading Fiala to stay cap compliant would be like the leafs trading nylander to stay cap compliant. Nylander would not be a cap dump because he is a high end player regardless of the circumstances of his teams cap. Kerfoot is a cap dump because you can find equivalent players for less money on the free agent market. Simple as
RazWild et Mr_Gardoki a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 14 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Formerly Jamiepo
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Quoting: RazWild
Because they're NOT the same context?

Because if they are.

Which multiple players are you moving out to keep one player around for?

I'm highly interested in finding that one out...

Getting cap compliant and keeping good players are two very different things. As it's been said before, you're not losing Kerfoot because you're trying to keep someone else. You're moving Kerfoot to become cap compliant.

There's a major difference between those two scenarios.

And hey, if you want to run the risk of a 20 man roster. And are comfortable with the injury concerns that entails should someone go down. Be my guest.

But don't expect other teams GM's to do Dubas a favor and gift him a B-level prospect while also giving him cap compliancy in the same breadth.

Well we do still have Sandin to sign. Leafs could certainly move out Muzzin instead. He would cost assets in my opinion.

Your argument just makes zero sense. It's okay to gift jarmo with assets but dubas oh no. Kerfoot in a vacuum is worth far more than B prospect. But at this stage his value is low. I can't believe such a simple trade generates this much hoopla.

Wild get a good player for cheap. Leafs get some cap space and a young player for the marlies. It's win/win in my mind.
OldNYIfan et Sign_em_up000000 a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 14 h 51
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,157
Quoting: The_Rocket
The wild trading Fiala to stay cap compliant would be like the leafs trading nylander to stay cap compliant. Nylander would not be a cap dump because he is a high end player regardless of the circumstances of his teams cap. Kerfoot is a cap dump because you can find equivalent players for less money on the free agent market. Simple as

My point, more or less.
20 août 2022 à 14 h 52
Judd Bracket ripoff
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,581
Well we do still have Sandin to sign. Leafs could certainly move out Muzzin instead. He would cost assets in my opinion.

Your argument just makes zero sense. It's okay to gift jarmo with assets but dubas oh no. Kerfoot in a vacuum is worth far more than B prospect. But at this stage his value is low. I can't believe such a simple trade generates this much hoopla.

Wild get a good player for cheap. Leafs get some cap space and a young player for the marlies. It's win/win in my mind.

Bjorkstrand is a much better player than Kerfoot and will probably be a core piece for Seattle going forward. Kerfoot as averaged 12 goals per 82 games since joining the leafs. He is a two way 3rd liner penalty killer. Not comparable to Bjorkstrand
20 août 2022 à 14 h 52
Banni
Quoting: Logan_Ollivier
Hilarious response. Your elementary math is a joke and once you get hit with it you get mad. Absolutely typical of the fragile troll culture on this site. Bending numbers to fit a nonsense rhetoric that is easily proven false and then you get mad. Hilarious

Yes, another thing you do when you're wrong. Call people trolls. I laid out the math quite clearly. Trolls rarely provide detailed stats to back up their argument. Marner, Matthews, Bunting, Tavares, Mikheyev and your defense equated for 234 goals. 75% of your scoring. You've already lost Mikeheyev. Spezza retired. You added Jarnkrok, but you're still looking at a net loss. Moving Kerfoot causes a bigger issue. This isn't rocket science.
20 août 2022 à 14 h 54
Owly
Yes, another thing you do when you're wrong. Call people trolls. I laid out the math quite clearly. Trolls rarely provide detailed stats to back up their argument. Marner, Matthews, Bunting, Tavares, Mikheyev and your defense equated for 234 goals. 75% of your scoring. You've already lost Mikeheyev. Spezza retired. You added Jarnkrok, but you're still looking at a net loss. Moving Kerfoot causes a bigger issue. This isn't rocket science.

And your math was massively flawed. As is your attempt to troll. Have fun with your elementary math buddy.
20 août 2022 à 14 h 56
Banni
And your math was massively flawed. As is your attempt to troll. Have fun with your elementary math buddy.

LOL Adding up your top six scoring forwards and your defense is flawed math? Oooook, bud. You have a nice day.
20 août 2022 à 14 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Formerly Jamiepo

So if he counts as zero against the cap why didn't they keep him?

I already tried to explain his QO would be held against the cap. They moved him because they could not afford him. Not this season and not in the future. He was a good player but since teams knew he had to be moved for cap reasons he only had a modest return.

Love how you keep avoiding bjorkstrand since he was under contract at the time.

If a player is performing up to or exceeding their contract value they will not cost assets to move. That's not saying they will get full value though.
20 août 2022 à 15 h 1
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,319
Modifié 20 août 2022 à 15 h 7
These are not even close to the same situations. You guys CAN afford Kerfoot and you're looking to move him to free up space to do other things. That's a cap dump.

If they can afford him, then moving him for cap flexibility doesn't make him a cap dump. Why would they move him if it isn't in a hockey trade (or at least trade him at a reduced value) , if they can afford him? They won't be attaching assets to move him because they aren't over the cap nor does he carry negative value.

With Sandin unsigned, the Leafs could move on from someone else and keep him like you suggested, but assuming that the Leafs (not Leaf fans on CF) are actually trying to move him, getting a useful player at a discounted rate isn't farfetched and perhaps they actually get good value for him as well.

Both Kapanen and Johnsson were cap casualties in 2020. Johnsson returned Joey Anderson which is similar to the mock trade by the OP, while Kapanen was moved in a multi-player trade but it's safe to say he returned a 1st at least. The Leafs couldn't afford them because they signed Brodie and resigned Kerfoot if I recall correctly.
GenXHockey et Sign_em_up000000 a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 15 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: The_Rocket

But can you? The only player with more points than kerfoot is Kessel. He can't play centre or kill penalties. You also don't know what their contract asks are. Wild certainly aren't looking to hand out more than 1 year in term. If those players will willing to sign with the wild on their terms wouldn't they already be under contract?
20 août 2022 à 15 h 3
Banni
Quoting: GMBL
If they can afford him, then moving him for cap flexibility doesn't make him a cap dump. Why would they move him if it isn't in a hockey trade, if they can afford him?

With Sandin unsigned, the Leafs could move on from someone else and keep him, but assuming that the Leafs (not Leaf fans on CF) are actually trying to move him, getting a useful player at a discounted rate isn't farfetched and perhaps they actually get good value for him as well.

Both Kapanen and Johnsson were cap casualties in the same year, Johnsson returned Joey Anderson which is similar to the mock trade by the OP, while Kapanen was moved in a multi-player trade but it's safe to say he returned a 1st at least.

They didn't move him for flexibility. As someone else pointed out, they basically prioritized to not have dump actual money to keep him.
20 août 2022 à 15 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: GMBL
If they can afford him, then moving him for cap flexibility doesn't make him a cap dump. Why would they move him if it isn't in a hockey trade, if they can afford him?

With Sandin unsigned, the Leafs could move on from someone else and keep him, but assuming that the Leafs (not Leaf fans on CF) are actually trying to move him, getting a useful player at a discounted rate isn't farfetched and perhaps they actually get good value for him as well.

Both Kapanen and Johnsson were cap casualties in 2020. Johnsson returned Joey Anderson which is similar to the mock trade by the OP, while Kapanen was moved in a multi-player trade but it's safe to say he returned a 1st at least. The Leafs couldn't afford them because they signed Brodie and resigned Kerfoot if I recall correctly.

I thought it was a pretty modest return that helped both teams.
GMBL, OldNYIfan et Sign_em_up000000 a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 15 h 5
Banni
So if he counts as zero against the cap why didn't they keep him?

I already tried to explain his QO would be held against the cap. They moved him because they could not afford him. Not this season and not in the future. He was a good player but since teams knew he had to be moved for cap reasons he only had a modest return.

Love how you keep avoiding bjorkstrand since he was under contract at the time.

If a player is performing up to or exceeding their contract value they will not cost assets to move. That's not saying they will get full value though.

You either can't seem to grasp the difference or simply don't want to in order to support your argument.
20 août 2022 à 15 h 7
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,157

I wouldn't give up a B-level prospect for Kerfoot, vacuum or no vacuum. Period.

He's good, be he's not that good.

Bjorkstrand is a better player than Kerfoot, and he only got back a 3rd and 4th round picks in next year's draft.

Beckman as a B-level prospect is probably worth about a mid 2nd rounder right now.

I'm not seeing the reason why Minnesota should be giving up that good of a prospect for a player that should return less than Bjorkstrand did.

And Kerfoot doesn't do a damn thing for the Wild that both Hartman and Eriksson-Ek don't already do. So acquiring him would be redundant anyway. I'd rather keep Beckman, and use that cap space on something else.
20 août 2022 à 15 h 8
Owly
LOL Adding up your top six scoring forwards and your defense is flawed math? Oooook, bud. You have a nice day.

It's flawed in the sense that very few bottom 6's scored 80+ goals. Almost none. But because TO's top 6 scored soooooo much, that makes it bad somehow. That's why it's flawed.
20 août 2022 à 15 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: RazWild
I wouldn't give up a B-level prospect for Kerfoot, vacuum or no vacuum. Period.

He's good, be he's not that good.

Bjorkstrand is a better player than Kerfoot, and he only got back a 3rd and 4th round picks in next year's draft.

Beckman as a B-level prospect is probably worth about a mid 2nd rounder right now.

I'm not seeing the reason why Minnesota should be giving up that good of a prospect for a player that should return less than Bjorkstrand did.

And Kerfoot doesn't do a damn thing for the Wild that both Hartman and Eriksson-Ek don't already do. So acquiring him would be redundant anyway. I'd rather keep Beckman, and use that cap space on something else.

Beckmann is worth a 2nd rounder but a 50 point nhler isn't worth anything? Lol.

No Beckmann is probably somewhere in the neighbourhood of a 4th.
20 août 2022 à 15 h 11
Banni
It's flawed in the sense that very few bottom 6's scored 80+ goals. Almost none. But because TO's top 6 scored soooooo much, that makes it bad somehow. That's why it's flawed.

Again, your reading comprehension is not great. I said clear as day that it's not BAD, but it's also not GOOD. It's OK and now you've lost two players in Mikheyev and Spezza. Adding Jarnkrok helps cushion that blow a little above the loss of Spezza, but if you lose Kerfoot it causes a bigger issue. You now would have BAD depths scoring.
20 août 2022 à 15 h 12
Owly
You either can't seem to grasp the difference or simply don't want to in order to support your argument.

It's impossible to grasp an argument when you change your tune every response.
20 août 2022 à 15 h 14
Banni
It's impossible to grasp an argument when you change your tune every response.

I've stayed quite consistent.
20 août 2022 à 15 h 15
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,319
They didn't move him for flexibility. As someone else pointed out, they basically prioritized to not have dump actual money to keep him.

I was talking about Kerfoot not Fiala. Guerin said that signing Fiala wasn't going to work, he essentially said they couldn't afford him, of course they could have made moves to accommodate his new cap but long-story short Minn couldn't afford him, and in an ideal situation where Sandin signs, the Leafs can’t afford Kerfoot. That doesn't mean that the Leafs won't get good value for Kerfoot, or a reduced value. They certainly won't be adding anything to dump him though, since at worst case they waive him to become compliant and someone will claim him. Kerfoot has a M-NTC and not a lot of teams have cap space, so it's no surprise that there hasn't been a trade IF he is being shopped. On waivers though anyone team who wants can claim him, and I'm sure Arz would love his contract, and Chi, and Ana would too since they could flip him around deadline.
Sign_em_up000000 a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 15 h 15
Owly
Again, your reading comprehension is not great. I said clear as day that it's not BAD, but it's also not GOOD. It's OK and now you've lost two players in Mikheyev and Spezza. Adding Jarnkrok helps cushion that blow a little above the loss of Spezza, but if you lose Kerfoot it causes a bigger issue. You now would have BAD depths scoring.

Clear as day you said they have a depth scoring issue. And moving Kerfoot is bad. Does Colorado have a depth scoring issue. Their bottom 6 scored less than 70 goals. Once again you are moving the goal posts changing your tune and insulting everyone who points it out. Reading comprehension isn't the problem here. Your "elementary math" and writing skills seem to be at fault. Saying one thing, meaning another and then saying it's clear as day says it all really. Someone who isn't trolling doesn't just spew nonsense only to change it every 5 minutes
20 août 2022 à 15 h 16
Owly
I've stayed quite consistent.

Yes, Kerfoot is worthless that has been consistent but why he is changes every response.
20 août 2022 à 15 h 17
Banni
Clear as day you said they have a depth scoring issue. And moving Kerfoot is bad. Does Colorado have a depth scoring issue. Their bottom 6 scored less than 70 goals. Once again you are moving the goal posts changing your tune and insulting everyone who points it out. Reading comprehension isn't the problem here. Your "elementary math" and writing skills seem to be at fault. Saying one thing, meaning another and then saying it's clear as day says it all really. Someone who isn't trolling doesn't just spew nonsense only to change it every 5 minutes

Dude, LAST season your depth scoring was OK. You LOST Mikheyev and Spezza. That's now caused an issue. Moving Kerfoot makes it worse.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage