Forums/Armchair-GM

Anaheim facilitates 3-way -- the kind of partner we all dream about

Créé par: LargeFarva
Équipe: 2022-23 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 2 août 2022
Publié: 3 août 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Anaheim takes Bailey at a cost of a 3rd from the Islanders, then flips his 2 year deal to Pittsburgh for Zucker's expiring contract and a 5th.

The Islanders clear cap to sign Kadri. The Pens swap Zucker for a more consistent player (health and performance) who has had success in the playoffs. The Ducks add 2 picks and an asset that can be swapped at the TDL. Given the cost to move cap it's possible Anaheim wants more to facilitate the deal so consider this a starting point.

With more assets added maybe Anaheim can retain 50% on Bailey, allowing the Pens to add another $2 mil contract to complete a 23 man roster. In essence the Pens trade Zucker+POJ(?)+5th? for Bailey (50%) and Milano/Larrsson.
Transactions
PIT
  1. Bailey, Josh
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (NYI)
Détails additionnels:
NYI trade Bailey + 3rd to ANA
NYI
PIT
ANA
  1. Zucker, Jason
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (NYI)
  3. Choix de 5e ronde en 2023 (PIT)
Détails additionnels:
PIT trades Zucker + 5th to ANA
The NYI 3rd in this deal was already sent to ANA to dump Bailey
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de NJD
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de FLA
Logo de TOR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $76 510 592 $0 $0 $5 989 408 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo de Islanders de New York
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
UFA - 2
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 2
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
UFA - 3
2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
3 août 2022 à 12 h 7
1GarthSnowFan
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,803
Yeah I get ur idea here. Makes me wonder why the isles should have to dump bailey at all tbh. I’d rather swap him for Zucker tbh. Or better yet… Dont sign 32 YEAR OLD Nazim Kadri 😅😅😅
LargeFarva a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 7
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,090
Both teams decline, but especially the islanders. They would maybe do this if we weren’t division rivals but they won’t for that reason
LargeFarva a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 11
Quoting: Hullsy09
Both teams decline, but especially the islanders. They would maybe do this if we weren’t division rivals but they won’t for that reason

I see your point if this was a true 3-way trade, but maybe Anaheim takes Bailey first without the Islanders knowing the intent to flip him to Pittsburgh.
Not_Isles5513 a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Isles5513
Yeah I get ur idea here. Makes me wonder why the isles should have to dump bailey at all tbh. I’d rather swap him for Zucker tbh. Or better yet… Dont sign 32 YEAR OLD Nazim Kadri 😅😅😅

I'm just working under the assumption the Isles have to dump someone to fit Kadri on the roster. I like Bailey, particularly since he shows up in the playoffs, so I thought it made for an interesting deal for Pittsburgh.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 12
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
I'm genuinely curious as to why Anaheim takes a cap dump and only gets a 3rd+5th? There's no reason for them to do that.
Salzy et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 12
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,974
Yeah ANA doesnt give up anything for either player, and a 3rd and a fifth isnt enough to take Zucker, a first to ANA or they tell PIT to get lost

Each day that passes the cost to dump salary goes up, and the amount of teams that can take cap on goes down

ANA has no reason to take on cap unless they are paid a premium
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 13
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: LargeFarva
I'm just working under the assumption the Isles have to dump someone to fit Kadri on the roster. I like Bailey, particularly since he shows up in the playoffs (and against the Pens specifically), so I thought it made for an interesting deal for Pittsburgh.

I see your point if this was a true 3-way trade, but maybe Anaheim takes Bailey first without the Islanders knowing the intent to flip him to Pittsburgh.

Quoting: Hullsy09

You are both right. My philosophy is you move bailey if you are clearing space for an elite guy around Barzal’s age. Not Nazim Kadri.

I’m gonna be honest tho. Wouldn’t shock me to learn Lou is gonna trade Varly and Beauvillier before Bailey. Bailey just might be too difficult to move in this market. I genuinely don’t know.
LargeFarva a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 13
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: Salzy
Yeah ANA doesnt give up anything for either player, and a 3rd and a fifth isnt enough to take Zucker, a first to ANA or they tell PIT to get lost

Each day that passes the cost to dump salary goes up, and the amount of teams that can take cap on goes down

An alternative way at looking at this is each day the price goes down cause at some point the shortage of cap space won’t exceed the shortage of talent.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 15
1GarthSnowFan
I'm just working under the assumption the Isles have to dump someone to fit Kadri on the roster. I like Bailey, particularly since he shows up in the playoffs, so I thought it made for an interesting deal for Pittsburgh.

These cap dump demands remind me of Connor Brown and Matt Murray to Toronto at 50% retained AND Toronto gets a first out of it. At some point you just have to laugh about it and move on.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 16
Démarrer sujet

I don't know what it costs to dump these players, as I said. The point of the deal is that we assume NYI has to dump Bailey to make room for Kadri. Call it a 1st if that's what it takes. However, after that the Pens trade isn't a straight cap dump since they're taking Bailey's contract back, so my assumption is it wouldn't cost them as much in the deal.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 17
An alternative way at looking at this is each day the price goes down cause at some point the shortage of cap space won’t exceed the shortage of talent.

Teams need to be compliant by a certain day, the amount of days is going down not up

The amount of teams that can take on cap is going down

The amount of cap that those teams can take on is also going down

There is no scenario where the cost to dump salary goes down, it only goes up and it goes up drastically.

The "Talent" in question here has 0 positive value to the teams with cap space to fit them, it will cost a premium to move any cap hit like these out.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 19
1GarthSnowFan
Teams need to be compliant by a certain day, the amount of days is going down not up

The amount of teams that can take on cap is going down

The amount of cap that those teams can take on is also going down

There is no scenario where the cost to dump salary goes down, it only goes up and it goes up drastically.

The "Talent" in question here has 0 positive value to the teams with cap space to fit them, it will cost a premium to move any cap hit like these out.

I remember the Matt Murray cap dump demands lol. Yeah Bjorkstrand was dealt for a third. Yes Pacioretty was traded with Dylan Coghlan for literally nothing. So how the **** is Connor Brown worth a second? I assume that I have no idea who has trade value and who doesn’t in todays day and age. What Vegas and Columbus do is not necessarily the only path forward for nhl teams.
LargeFarva a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 19
1GarthSnowFan
I remember the Matt Murray cap dump demands lol. Yeah Bjorkstrand was dealt for a third. Yes Pacioretty was traded with Dylan Coghlan for literally nothing. So how the **** is Connor Brown worth a second? I assume that I have no idea who has trade value and who doesn’t in todays day and age. What Vegas and Columbus do is not necessarily the only path forward for nhl teams.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 21
1GarthSnowFan
I don't know what it costs to dump these players, as I said. The point of the deal is that we assume NYI has to dump Bailey to make room for Kadri. Call it a 1st if that's what it takes. However, after that the Pens trade isn't a straight cap dump since they're taking Bailey's contract back, so my assumption is it wouldn't cost them as much in the deal.

Breaking News: NHL fans want a first to take on Former All-Star and Clutch Playoff Performer Josh Bailey. Bailey is 32 years old and is one year removed from having 20 points in the isles ECF run. 32 is OLD! He’s about to DIE! And I demand 3 FIRST ROUND PICKS to take him.

That’s what y’all sound like rn. Lower ur expectations.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 23

CBJ had to move out a contract, VGK had to move out a contract, OTT didnt need to move out a contract

Teams that need to move cap out have 0 leverage in moving players out if there arent suitors for those players

There are realistically 5 teams that can take on cap dumps over 3M: ANA, ARI, BUF, CHI, DET

Thats it, and its only going to keep getting smaller of a list, and those teams are going to ask for more and more each day to take on that cap
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 24
1GarthSnowFan
CBJ had to move out a contract, VGK had to move out a contract, OTT didnt need to move out a contract

Teams that need to move cap out have 0 leverage in moving players out if there arent suitors for those players

There are realistically 5 teams that can take on cap dumps over 3M: ANA, ARI, BUF, CHI, DET

Thats it, and its only going to keep getting smaller of a list, and those teams are going to ask for more and more each day to take on that cap

And when nobody gets cap dumped and teams avoid this issue by using LTIR then what?
3 août 2022 à 12 h 25
Breaking News: NHL fans want a first to take on Former All-Star and Clutch Playoff Performer Josh Bailey. Bailey is 32 years old and is one year removed from having 20 points in the isles ECF run. 32 is OLD! He’s about to DIE! And I demand 3 FIRST ROUND PICKS to take him.

That’s what y’all sound like rn. Lower ur expectations.

Josh Bailey is making 5M a year for 2 more years, the Isles Need to dump salary, they have 0 leverage in any deal for him

He is declining and expensive, Ive been watching Josh since he played in Windsor, if anyone appreciates what he does its me, but he is undoubtedly a cap dump right now, and it will take a premium to dump his contract
LargeFarva et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 26
And when nobody gets cap dumped and teams avoid this issue by using LTIR then what?

You cant just magically use LTIR.

Why do the teams with cap space take cap dumps for the fun of it?
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 27
1GarthSnowFan

Or the isles send Josh Bailey to LTIR with a sprained dick and bring him back in the playoffs. I wouldn’t put it past lou or any other Gm to game the system. Hell I’m not even sure players will be against it if they r older. Will keep them well rested lmao.

I can picture it now

Josh Bailey LTIR: sprained dick

Kyle Palmieri LTIR: Damaged ego.

Matt Martin LTIR: Broken Middle Finger.
LargeFarva a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 28
1GarthSnowFan
You cant just magically use LTIR.

Why do the teams with cap space take cap dumps for the fun of it?

The Tampa Bay lightning and Stephen Robidas respectively disagree with you
3 août 2022 à 12 h 29
1GarthSnowFan
Josh Bailey is making 5M a year for 2 more years, the Isles Need to dump salary, they have 0 leverage in any deal for him

He is declining and expensive, Ive been watching Josh since he played in Windsor, if anyone appreciates what he does its me, but he is undoubtedly a cap dump right now, and it will take a premium to dump his contract

Honestly I don’t even disagree with you. In this market he should be a cap dump. I just think ur asking price is insanely high. A first? Really?
LargeFarva a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 33
1GarthSnowFan

Honestly I don’t even disagree with you. In this market he should be a cap dump. I just think ur asking price is insanely high. A first? Really?

Also btw I’m half joking with all these comments. I agree with your assessment of the market. Just not the market itself lol.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 38

The reason the Flyers couldnt sign Johnny was they didnt want to attach a first to dump JVR after thats what ARI asked for

If anything a first is low for taking on a 5M/2 contract
3 août 2022 à 12 h 40
1GarthSnowFan
The reason the Flyers couldnt sign Johnny was they didnt want to attach a first to dump JVR after thats what ARI asked for

If anything a first is low for taking on a 5M/2 contract

Yeah but we r talking about Chuck Fletcher here. The guy who worked for Ron Hextall when they took Nolan Patrick over Cale Makar. Then when Chucky got the job he traded Patrick and Myers for Ryan Ellis.
3 août 2022 à 12 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Lenny7
I'm genuinely curious as to why Anaheim takes a cap dump and only gets a 3rd+5th? There's no reason for them to do that.

Kassian with 2 years on his deal cost a 2nd, 3rd and 4 spots in the 1st. Even with his injury history I think Zucker is more valuable than Kassian, particularly with only 1 year left on his deal. Maybe it's 2 3rds, or a 2nd and 3rd, but that's kind of the point of the deal - Anaheim takes Bailey and immediately swaps him for another asset and Zucker, who can be traded for yet another asset the TDL this season.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage