SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Team Canada Scandal

5 févr. à 15 h 58
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,359
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
Okay. But what about any of this is "political"?

I don’t know if that is an honest question or not.

Public influence on how societies are managed and governed is the very definition of ‘politics’.
5 févr. à 16 h 8
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
Quoting: NHLfan10506

The media looked really bad too… asking the same question over and over.

I'd rather multiple reporters ask similar questions about the accountability of the police department than have them lob softballs.
BeterChiarelli a aimé ceci.
5 févr. à 16 h 29
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,359
Quoting: mondo
I'd rather multiple reporters ask similar questions about the accountability of the police department than have them lob softballs.

For sure…but there are so many questions that need answers. And they weren’t budging on the timing question. At some point, move on.

There was one good one at end about how the multiple investigations impacted the process. She started to answer it…but seemed to back off.

Could have heard more about why McLeod got two charges…as there seem to be two paths of speculation: one says he is ring-leader, organized alleged assault, and therefore he is culpable for other four guys actions…the other says, the “party to” charge was brought because he is person #1 and victim said he did not participate, and therefore would be harder to convict on same as others. (All speculation of course).

Also…could have heard more about the other three involved…is one to believe that they were cooperating and the five that were charged were not? Or were they saying that they did not participate in the alleged assault?
5 févr. à 17 h 49
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
For sure…but there are so many questions that need answers. And they weren’t budging on the timing question. At some point, move on.

There was one good one at end about how the multiple investigations impacted the process. She started to answer it…but seemed to back off.

Could have heard more about why McLeod got two charges…as there seem to be two paths of speculation: one says he is ring-leader, organized alleged assault, and therefore he is culpable for other four guys actions…the other says, the “party to” charge was brought because he is person #1 and victim said he did not participate, and therefore would be harder to convict on same as others. (All speculation of course).

Also…could have heard more about the other three involved…is one to believe that they were cooperating and the five that were charged were not? Or were they saying that they did not participate in the alleged assault?

Both questions you posed would've been rebuffed with LPS saying they can't go into details. As far as we've heard all members of the team cooperated; the evidence the LPS have will have dictated their ability to reasonable charge the assailants which could explain both your questions, but I don't believe they'd outright say that. The other three individuals may not be absolved of wrongdoing just yet.

Both questions could've been asked but the long timeline of this entire investigation absolutely a sticking point to the competence of the LPS, the level of profile this investigation has and the nature of the crimes. It was very much the thing on most people's minds in that room which is why it got asked a lot.
NHLfan10506 a aimé ceci.
6 févr. à 8 h 33
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 435
I don’t know if that is an honest question or not.

Public influence on how societies are managed and governed is the very definition of ‘politics’.

Yeah, you're right. This is "political" in the sense that literally everything is political (which I actually tend to agree with).
I guess as an American I'm conditioned to understand that when someone labels something "political" they're almost always speaking more conspiratorially.
You are broadly correct though.
6 févr. à 12 h 49
and proud of it
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,605
Can we all just accept that this is bad. It's bad for the players, bad for the victim, bad for the league, and bad for the London Police. Now, they have to maje things right. That's really the end of the story.
6 févr. à 12 h 54
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,273
Quoting: HockeyManiac95
Can we all just accept that this is bad. It's bad for the players, bad for the victim, bad for the league, and bad for the London Police. Now, they have to maje things right. That's really the end of the story.

Let's just hope there actually is enough evidence to convict or else this turns into a witch hunt which makes things 10x worse.
HockeyManiac95 et DougieGilmour a aimé ceci.
6 févr. à 12 h 56
and proud of it
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,605
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Let's just hope there actually is enough evidence to convict or else this turns into a witch hunt which makes things 10x worse.

That too
25 févr. à 11 h 11
TheLeafsAbuseMe
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 659
I’m glad we finally have the players who were allegedly involved out there and facing charges. I was so tired of seeing every player on that junior team slandered with the allegations.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage