SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Waddaya think

Créé par: Segar48
Publié: 17 juin 2022 à 20 h 5
Plafond salarial: 82 500 000 $
Journées à la saison: 185/186 (99%)
Détermination du registraire central: Cette transaction a été refusée, car une des équipes ne rencontre pas l'exigence minimale de 3 gardiens de but

Logo de Red Wings de DetroitRed Wings de Detroit

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (Logo de Red Wings de DetroitDET)---100------
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Petry, JeffCanadiens de MontréalLNH-6 216 398 $011---0000--
Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (Logo de Flames de CalgaryCGY)---100------
Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (Logo de Canadiens de MontréalMTL)---010------
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial35 771 111 $1531563815
Variation-6 216 398 $111010
Final29 554 713 $ (↓)16 (↑)32 (↑)57 (↑)39 (↑)15000

Logo de Canadiens de MontréalCanadiens de Montréal

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Petry, JeffCanadiens de MontréalLNH-6 216 398 $011---0000--
Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (Logo de Flames de CalgaryCGY)---100------
Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (Logo de Canadiens de MontréalMTL)---010------
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (Logo de Red Wings de DetroitDET)---100------
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial1 923 334 $1933515917
Variation6 216 398 $-1-1-10-10
Final8 139 732 $ (↑)18 (↓)32 (↓)50 (↓)58 (↓)17000
17 juin 2022 à 20 h 19
Stats Are For Losers
Rejoint: nov. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,395
It’s not a bad trade. It gives Petry a value of roughly a 2nd round pick which isn’t out of line. Although, personally I’d prefer the Wings’ didn’t make a deal like this. Detroit needs prospects that are expected to be difference makers offensively and if they want to acquire a veteran defenseman, I don’t think they should give up more than. 3rd or 4th round pick for that, especially one with a high cap figure and term.
EatMyScoobySnack a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2022 à 21 h 16
arky
Rejoint: août 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,341
It is bad. I mean real bad. Wings are not dripping 18 spots for a player who is not a difference maker. That 8th pick could be the future 2nd line center, helps Habs with cap and their rebuild while hurting Wings rebuild. I will say that this is worse than the Zadina for Petry deals.

Is
Narwhal90, Dutchies et aedoran a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2022 à 21 h 44
Stats Are For Losers
Rejoint: nov. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,395
Quoting: mikearky
It is bad. I mean real bad. Wings are not dripping 18 spots for a player who is not a difference maker. That 8th pick could be the future 2nd line center, helps Habs with cap and their rebuild while hurting Wings rebuild. I will say that this is worse than the Zadina for Petry deals.

Is

It’s a bad trade for the wings but from a value standpoint; it isn’t far off. It’s just not what the red wings need right now.
mikearky, Dutchies, aedoran and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2022 à 22 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 39

Is

Petry instantly becomes your first Dman, how is that not a difference maker? He had one bad year on a dog**** team but he's still a 40-50 pts reliable Dman
17 juin 2022 à 22 h 11
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 436
Okay, the fundamental flaw with this deal is that if the player picked at 8OA (I think Detroit might like Nazar personally), become a possible 1st line center, more likely a 2C, then you have to get that back in value.

Instead, you're getting an aging top 4 D who might have two or three good years left, and a late first, which gets you a top 9 forward or a bottom 4 defenseman. Detroit loses value here and for what? Will getting Petry make them a contender? No.

And you can't just say "well okay, Petry isn't worth 8OA, but if we pile on more assets, we can even its value" - that's not how trades work.

Let's use minerals as an example. You have Diamond, you have Gold, you have Silver, and you have Copper.

You don't trade diamond for gold even if you pile on gold, and you don't trade gold for silver, even if you pile on more silver and copper. One diamond is worth like five or six golds, and that trade only happens if you have too many diamonds OR if you're forced to trade off your asset and that's the best you can get for it. Well no team is FORCED to move draft picks, so you're stuck..

So if Detroit is moving 8OA, then Montreal needs to give them a young prospect who's destined for top 6 status... a player of Suzuki's or Caufield's caliber, because Frank Nazar may well achieve their status as a player.
mikearky et DatsyukianDekes a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2022 à 23 h 21
arky
Rejoint: août 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,341
Quoting: Segar48
Petry instantly becomes your first Dman, how is that not a difference maker? He had one bad year on a dog**** team but he's still a 40-50 pts reliable Dman

Now that is a really stretch. He had a bad year on a bad team, then what is Detroi? Not much better right now. Can not defend well, can not get abig goal when needed and some suspect goaltending. But the difference is Deteoit is stocked with young players and some veterans. They are in the later stages of rebuilding. They have some good players in Larkin, Bertuzzi, and Vrana and some very good young players in Seider, Raymond. They are building thru the draft and smart moves. Petry maybe a good player but he is declining. It idp not a slight but a truth.

Lastly the player we would.pick at 8 is a better fut for this team by a wide margin then a 35 yo defenman.

Lastly saying he would be the Wings best defensman, is a joke as Seider had a way better season than Petry did.
Dutchies et EatMyScoobySnack a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2022 à 23 h 24
Pop Pop
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 8,285
You can add whatever you want to petry Detroit doesn't need to move a 1st to aquire him so why would they. Just no.
aedoran a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2022 à 0 h 49
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 12,057

Petry would be in the 3rd pair but Detroit doesn't need another RHD. A rebuilding team isn't giving up a 1st or anything close to that for a 34yr old dman with a cap hit of $6.25M.
19 juin 2022 à 16 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 39
Quoting: aedoran
Petry would be in the 3rd pair but Detroit doesn't need another RHD. A rebuilding team isn't giving up a 1st or anything close to that for a 34yr old dman with a cap hit of $6.25M.

People acting like Petry is done but the guy can still play hockey. Pretty sure we are gonna get something good for him, maybe not from Detroit.
aedoran a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2022 à 19 h 13
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 12,057
People acting like Petry is done but the guy can still play hockey. Pretty sure we are gonna get something good for him, maybe not from Detroit.

I wasn't saying he was bad I just think Detroit has 2 RHDs that are better. Petry to Detroit makes no sense. Detroit is rebuilding why in the world would they give up futures for a 34yr old defenseman? Detroit also doesn't need an RHD. So far the only provable reason for Petry to Detroit is he's from Detroit. So I think you are right Montreal will get something for him but it won't be from Detroit.
19 juin 2022 à 22 h 17
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 413

While I would defend Petry when people say he's old trash etc, I can't agree with you Seider is THE BEST defensemen on Detroit period. The dude is a beast and was really piss off when MTL could do a thing to advance and try to pick him. He will probably be a pillar defensemen in the league in the near futur for sure.

Now that is a really stretch. He had a bad year on a bad team, then what is Detroi? Not much better right now. Can not defend well, can not get abig goal when needed and some suspect goaltending. But the difference is Deteoit is stocked with young players and some veterans. They are in the later stages of rebuilding. They have some good players in Larkin, Bertuzzi, and Vrana and some very good young players in Seider, Raymond. They are building thru the draft and smart moves. Petry maybe a good player but he is declining. It idp not a slight but a truth.

Lastly the player we would.pick at 8 is a better fut for this team by a wide margin then a 35 yo defenman.

Lastly saying he would be the Wings best defensman, is a joke as Seider had a way better season than Petry did.

Your not so far while I understand that getting old mean less performant but people already have this question about Petry when he join MTL. He's getting older and won't be able to do **** except what we could see of is gameplay and stats is that the older he get better he play. We can't really use this season as a full display of is game. Every Habs player execpt maybe Suzuki has a bad year. Look for example Caufield Before St-Louis he have not alot of pts neither good play but after he have goes few game in Laval, come back in MTL with a coach who lets him play is game he produced correctly.

Same situation with Petry the last 20 game of is was better then the rest of is season. I'm not saying that he will be the Messiah in Detroit and would be god like but getting onto a third or a second pair and bringing offense could help a team in sharing the pressure to bring offensive around. If you have only one offensive treat the other team would be able to cover it easily. But having 3 apte offensive defensemen would stretch other team counter line and won't be able to cover everyone correctly.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage