Forums/Armchair-GM

No Gibson

Créé par: jet11567
Équipe: 2022-23 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 13 juin 2022
Publié: 14 juin 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
He was statistically one of the worse goalies in the league this past season with a goals saved above expected of -14 wich ranked 112th in the league while still being the 4th highest paid goaltender. Why would any team give up anything of value for a guy that’s sucked 3 years in a row. Its like Ottawa asking for a haul for Matt Murray who has been the better goalies these past 3 seasons. He’s also got the Stanley’s cup pedigree
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
31 650 000 $
21 550 000 $
11 350 000 $
11 250 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
11 000 000 $
33 500 000 $
21 500 000 $
1975 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (MIN)
CHI
  1. Mrázek, Petr
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (TOR)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MIN
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $82 064 783 $212 500 $0 $435 217 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
950 000 $950 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 2
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 3
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 2
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
975 000 $975 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 3
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 8
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 3
1 550 000 $1 550 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
G
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
14 juin 2022 à 10 h 41
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
I think it's great that there are zero Ducks fans on here making Gibson trades, but there's a wholllllle lot of Leafs fans (and others) that are, and then they're following it up with "bUt He SuKs BeCaUsE hOcKeY-rEfErEnCe SaId So!", even though they've never actually watched a Ducks game (not good), how the team defends (not well), and who the players are around him (Also, not really good).

Just don't trade for him. Quite simple. I'm pretty confident that 99% of Ducks fans on here would happily keep him.
14 juin 2022 à 10 h 42
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 564
Feel the same about Gibson. Not sure Husso is the best option, but Gibson is a huge risk. And apparently will cost Nylander, Sandin and a first...... LOL

Acquiring any goalie with term means essentially you're locking that guy in to be the goalie during your next 3-4 years with this core. I'm nervous about doing that with a lot of the available options, Husso included. I might prefer to see the Leafs take a short-term approach (at least for the offseason) and potentially see if they can upgrade next year or during the season. Unless they're able to swing for the fences for somebody like Saros or Hellebuyck. I just don't want to be in the exact position next offseason.
14 juin 2022 à 10 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,265
Quoting: Lenny7
I think it's great that there are zero Ducks fans on here making Gibson trades, but there's a wholllllle lot of Leafs fans (and others) that are, and then they're following it up with "bUt He SuKs BeCaUsE hOcKeY-rEfErEnCe SaId So!", even though they've never actually watched a Ducks game (not good), how the team defends (not well), and who the players are around him (Also, not really good).

Just don't trade for him. Quite simple. I'm pretty confident that 99% of Ducks fans on here would happily keep him.

He still lets in more goals then expected and doesn’t face a tone of shots he’s dropped off a cliff and hasn’t been good in 3 seasons. And I think ur right in the fact most of the leafs fans making the trades for him haven’t watching him play because if they did they wouldn’t want a over paid has been
GenXHockey a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2022 à 10 h 48
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700

I watch a lot of ducks games... he has stunk. You know it, I know it. Would you like a list of players that cap friendly has gone insane for who thoroughly suck?

Maybe ducks fans would be okay with keeping him. It doesn't make them right. I would say if he wants out and you could get some decent value from a struggling goalie with a large cap hit now is the time.

If you're going to absolutely rob a team I just hope it isn't the leafs.
jet11567 a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2022 à 10 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: newballcoach
Feel the same about Gibson. Not sure Husso is the best option, but Gibson is a huge risk. And apparently will cost Nylander, Sandin and a first...... LOL

Acquiring any goalie with term means essentially you're locking that guy in to be the goalie during your next 3-4 years with this core. I'm nervous about doing that with a lot of the available options, Husso included. I might prefer to see the Leafs take a short-term approach (at least for the offseason) and potentially see if they can upgrade next year or during the season. Unless they're able to swing for the fences for somebody like Saros or Hellebuyck. I just don't want to be in the exact position next offseason.

Those guys would be slam dunks that I would definitely pay a hefty price for but I doubt Winnipeg or Nashville want to trade them. I’d also maybe give Columbus a call and see if the would be willing to move Elvis
14 juin 2022 à 10 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: GenXHockey
I watch a lot of ducks games... he has stunk. You know it, I know it. Would you like a list of players that cap friendly has gone insane for who thoroughly suck?

Maybe ducks fans would be okay with keeping him. It doesn't make them right. I would say if he wants out and you could get some decent value from a struggling goalie with a large cap hit now is the time.

And his body language is awful after he lets in a goal Toronto media would eat him alive he’s not a fit AT ALL
GenXHockey a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2022 à 10 h 55
Lenny7
Quoting: jet11567
And his body language is awful after he lets in a goal Toronto media would eat him alive he’s not a fit AT ALL

He still lets in more goals then expected and doesn’t face a tone of shots he’s dropped off a cliff and hasn’t been good in 3 seasons. And I think ur right in the fact most of the leafs fans making the trades for him haven’t watching him play because if they did they wouldn’t want a over paid has been

If you dislike him so much, why bother making a thread about a goalie that you don't like? Is this a public service announcement?
Ritzy a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2022 à 10 h 56
Démarrer sujet
If you dislike him so much, why bother making a thread about a goalie that you don't like? Is this a public service announcement?

Just informing my fellow leafs fans that he isn’t good
14 juin 2022 à 10 h 58
Kyle from Chicago
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,820
I wouldn’t do that Chicago trade as it is. A 2nd round pick is too high to give back when considering where Toronto is with the cap.

Either change the 2nd to one of our thirds (EDM,TOR) or send a different package of a 2024 2nd round pick + Prospect/pick upgrade.
14 juin 2022 à 11 h 1
Lenny7
Just informing my fellow leafs fans that he isn’t good

Thank goodness you're out there to save them from themselves. Dubas should hire you to save him from signing Mrazek for 3 x $3.8 mil after 5/7 seasons as a below league average goalie.
14 juin 2022 à 11 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Kyle_Davidson
I wouldn’t do that Chicago trade as it is. A 2nd round pick is too high to give back when considering where Toronto is with the cap.

Either change the 2nd to one of our thirds (EDM,TOR) or send a different package of a 2024 2nd round pick + Prospect/pick upgrade.

That’s very expensive cap dump if teams are being stingy like that they will just buy him out it only cost 1 million against the cap not bad at all
14 juin 2022 à 11 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Thank goodness you're out there to save them from themselves. Dubas should hire you to save him from signing Mrazek for 3 x $3.8 mil after 5/7 seasons as a below league average goalie.

It’s ok signing a 60 point top 6 forward for 950k cancels that out
14 juin 2022 à 11 h 8
Kyle from Chicago
That’s very expensive cap dump if teams are being stingy like that they will just buy him out it only cost 1 million against the cap not bad at all

That’s cool. I get the second option may seem more expensive…But if you are willing to move back one round in this post why wouldn’t you be willing to move back two rounds? The percentages aren’t that much different (of drafting an NHL player) in the late 2nd/late 3rd round.
jet11567 et newballcoach a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2022 à 11 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Kyle_Davidson
That’s cool. I get the second option may seem more expensive…But if you are willing to move back one round in this post why wouldn’t you be willing to move back two rounds? The percentages aren’t that much different (of drafting an NHL player) in the late 2nd/late 3rd round.

Need atleast one pick in the first 2 rounds and Dubas has a good track record of drafting in the second round (Knies,Robertson,Hirvonen,Durzi)
14 juin 2022 à 11 h 17
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,228
Thats a pretty iffy goaltending duo.

The way Ville finished the season, I'm not sure hes the answer and Comrie is average at best. It just seems to be ignoring the most important position and going for cheap options.

The window is now, theres not tons of draft picks this year and only 2-3 prospects look like real difference makers, with the big 4 all hitting UFA in 2-3 yrs, the window (especially for keefe and dubas) is now, so they need probably a better option than ville/comrie
14 juin 2022 à 11 h 30
Kyle from Chicago
Need atleast one pick in the first 2 rounds and Dubas has a good track record of drafting in the second round (Knies,Robertson,Hirvonen,Durzi)

Chicago Blackhawks
Mrazek
2022 1st TOR (25)

Toronto Maple Leafs
2022 3rd TOR (90)
2022 6th CBJ (173)

I’m not saying you could trade back into the 2nd round with the assets in this trade but I don’t think it would cost all that much if you targeted a late pick. In any case I think this would probably be chicagos best offer going the route that you did in the post.
14 juin 2022 à 11 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Hammerwise
Thats a pretty iffy goaltending duo.

The way Ville finished the season, I'm not sure hes the answer and Comrie is average at best. It just seems to be ignoring the most important position and going for cheap options.

The window is now, theres not tons of draft picks this year and only 2-3 prospects look like real difference makers, with the big 4 all hitting UFA in 2-3 yrs, the window (especially for keefe and dubas) is now, so they need probably a better option than ville/comrie

The goalie market is very thin and there will definitely be a bidding war for Kuempers services and when you have 5 players taking up half ur cap it doesn’t leave much else for the rest of ur team
Hammerwise a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2022 à 11 h 34
BW
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 98
Hawks decline
14 juin 2022 à 11 h 50
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,228
The goalie market is very thin and there will definitely be a bidding war for Kuempers services and when you have 5 players taking up half ur cap it doesn’t leave much else for the rest of ur team

I agree but theres via trade as well. I also happen to think that if the Leafs (who have Giordano) cant move Muzzin via trade (even for peanuts) then theres an option of buy-out or moving one of the big 4. This team will not/can not escape its cap restrictions with 6 players (and not one of them a goalie) eating 52mil in cap. That leaves 30mil for 16 players and its the same story every year that the team lacks depth or quality throughout lineup, mostly because of that cap structure.

While Kuemper is the only top goalie on the OPEN market, Toronto can trade for one. After so many years of the same result, the clock is ticking on Keefe/Dubas and lets face it the prospect pipeline isn;t going to save the team when Matthews/Nylander eat even more.

Maybe you do go for Ville, but then you'd have to go for a top backup (Fleury, Holtby) or a Georgiev/Samsonov.

The Leafs have to create cap space for a real goaltender, cheap and relatively unknown/unreliable or average is not what a 115pt club should be looking for.
14 juin 2022 à 13 h 54
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,945

All Ducks fans know he hasn't been great the last few seasons. But most Ducks fans, including @Lenny7, that this isn't just because "he sucks" (not quoting you, just a lot of NHL fans in general). There are multiple factors that influence his stats:
1) Gibson has been misused a lot and overused under Dallas Eakins a lot. Gibson needs a bit more rest than a lot of other Goalies.
2) He did get frustrated rather easily the lsat few seasons which also impacted his overall play. He isn't the same guy once the frustration becomes visible.
3) The team infant of him the last few years made said frustration occur a lot. A lot of great Goalies around the league would get frustrated after playing behind the Ducks defense these last few years.
(4) He also wasn't bad in the first third of the last 3 seasons. His play always regressed shorty after the Ducks as a whole started playing worse. He got frustrated, which should be understandable after now 4 seasons of playing behind one of the league's worst teams.)

I'm not saying Gibson has been great, because he hasn't. But saying he's a bad Goalie is, in my opinion, just not correct, the elite Goaltender is still in him. Put him onto a good team with a locker room with a winning mentality and I'm confident he'll show everyone that.
jet11567 a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2022 à 14 h 15
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: TZ11
All Ducks fans know he hasn't been great the last few seasons. But most Ducks fans, including Lenny7, that this isn't just because "he sucks" (not quoting you, just a lot of NHL fans in general). There are multiple factors that influence his stats:
1) Gibson has been misused a lot and overused under Dallas Eakins a lot. Gibson needs a bit more rest than a lot of other Goalies.
2) He did get frustrated rather easily the lsat few seasons which also impacted his overall play. He isn't the same guy once the frustration becomes visible.
3) The team infant of him the last few years made said frustration occur a lot. A lot of great Goalies around the league would get frustrated after playing behind the Ducks defense these last few years.
(4) He also wasn't bad in the first third of the last 3 seasons. His play always regressed shorty after the Ducks as a whole started playing worse. He got frustrated, which should be understandable after now 4 seasons of playing behind one of the league's worst teams.)

I'm not saying Gibson has been great, because he hasn't. But saying he's a bad Goalie is, in my opinion, just not correct, the elite Goaltender is still in him. Put him onto a good team with a locker room with a winning mentality and I'm confident he'll show everyone that.

1. Nhl starters need to handle the workload
2. Nhl starters need to keep their head in check. It is 90% of being a good starter rather than a backup.
3. No argument really. Other than Stolarz was able to put up decent numbers. Good goalies can still shine on bad teams.
4. I checked in on this and it is simply is not true. Maybe 3 years ago you can make an argument but even then it was very marginal.

I don't think I would use the word sucks. But struggling for sure. More goalies don't get it back than do. A change of scenery might might do the trick but maybe a team in a different situation with the luxury of that not being catastrophic should make that move.
jet11567 a aimé ceci.
14 juin 2022 à 15 h 3
Marner rocks
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 887
That 2nd line was broken up around the 60 game mark because it was trash. When it's the part of the season where everyone is adjusting for a playoff run that line fell of the map. No forecheck, no defense, no emotion.
14 juin 2022 à 16 h 2
1. Nhl starters need to handle the workload
2. Nhl starters need to keep their head in check. It is 90% of being a good starter rather than a backup.
3. No argument really. Other than Stolarz was able to put up decent numbers. Good goalies can still shine on bad teams.
4. I checked in on this and it is simply is not true. Maybe 3 years ago you can make an argument but even then it was very marginal.

I don't think I would use the word sucks. But struggling for sure. More goalies don't get it back than do. A change of scenery might might do the trick but maybe a team in a different situation with the luxury of that not being catastrophic should make that move.

Of course they need to handle the workload. But Gibson has been overused regardless of him needing a bit more rest than others. Most other Goalies would've been considered overused too in the same situation, at least that's what I think.

Every starter has to keep their head in check. But they aren't robots. Just because someone shows emotions, that doesn't mean their head isn't in check.

Stolarz was used as a backup. His stats aren't always comparable with Gibson's because of workload and the other factors I mentioned before. Especially since Gibson played great (better than Stolarz) until the all-star break, even though the Ducks' play already regressed quite a bit in the time prior.

21/22:
Nov: .921
Dec: .915
Jan: .944

20/21:
Jan: .920
+first 5 games in Feb: .921

19/20:
Oct: .920

These are Gibson's stats to start the season. The team startet regressing during some of these time periods and his play did so shortly after.

(CF doesn't let me add screenshots so I just typed the stats down)
14 juin 2022 à 18 h 17
Formerly Jamiepo
Modifié 14 juin 2022 à 23 h 37
Quoting: TZ11
Of course they need to handle the workload. But Gibson has been overused regardless of him needing a bit more rest than others. Most other Goalies would've been considered overused too in the same situation, at least that's what I think.

Every starter has to keep their head in check. But they aren't robots. Just because someone shows emotions, that doesn't mean their head isn't in check.

Stolarz was used as a backup. His stats aren't always comparable with Gibson's because of workload and the other factors I mentioned before. Especially since Gibson played great (better than Stolarz) until the all-star break, even though the Ducks' play already regressed quite a bit in the time prior.

21/22:
Nov: .921
Dec: .915
Jan: .944

20/21:
Jan: .920
+first 5 games in Feb: .921

19/20:
Oct: .920

These are Gibson's stats to start the season. The team startet regressing during some of these time periods and his play did so shortly after.

(CF doesn't let me add screenshots so I just typed the stats down)

Ummm... season starts in October. That's why I said you could make a case in 19/20. I could pull a month for mrazek and make him look good. Or just about any goalie for that matter.

I'm not trying to **** on Gibson though. To me he does not have the value he did in 2019 or even 20 or 21. Every year chips away at that value. Players don't lose value as quick as people in cap friendly think, but in some instances they don't retain as long they think when it's someone they like.

My offer, which was just as much as I think the leafs should offer was a 1st 2nd and Woll. With Mrazek being dumped for a 3rd. I'd be willing to add a prospect that Anaheim had use for. Not one named Robertson, knies or niemela.

Now that isn't saying it's s much as they will be offered. Just as much as I think the leafs should be willing to gamble.
15 juin 2022 à 3 h 55
Ummm... season starts in October. That's why I said you could make a case in 19/20. I could pull a month for mrazek and make him look good. Or just about any goalie for that matter.

I'm not trying to **** on Gibson though. To me he does not have the value he did in 2019 or even 20 or 21. Every year chips away at that value. Players don't lose value as quick as people in cap friendly think, but in some instances they don't retain as long they think when it's someone they like.

My offer, which was just as much as I think the leafs should offer was a 1st 2nd and Woll. With Mrazek being dumped for a 3rd. I'd be willing to add a prospect that Anaheim had use for. Not one named Robertson, knies or niemela.

Now that isn't saying it's s much as they will be offered. Just as much as I think the leafs should be willing to gamble.

20/21 started in January. He had a rough first few games last season which is why I left October out because it was also less games, should've specified that. He had a .905 in October 2021 btw.

I just think GMs still view him as valuable, everything indicates that (including the anonymous vote that placed Gibson at 5).

I feel like someone, maybe even the Leafs will add more. I don't have any sources or anything but I think it'll happen.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage