Forums/Armchair-GM

If Cat gets traded scortched earth

Créé par: ChiHawk
Équipe: 2022-23 Blackhawks de Chicago
Date de création initiale: 10 juin 2022
Publié: 10 juin 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
What tanking really looks like; probably could throw in a big cap dump from someone as well.

Of course this is all low probability
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
32 000 000 $
32 000 000 $
Transactions
CHI
  1. Holtz, Alexander
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (NJD)
Détails additionnels:
2023 1st round pick is top 7 picks protected, resulting in the 2024 1st if that happens
CHI
  1. Holl, Justin
  2. Knies, Matthew [Liste de réserve]
  3. Mrázek, Petr
Détails additionnels:
Holl considered as a dump, but doesn't need to include him if the Leafs want to move him elsewhere
CHI
  1. Kakko, Kaapo [Droits de RFA]
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (NYR)
NYR
  1. Kane, Patrick (5 250 000 $ retained)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (TBL)
CHI
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (COL)
COL
  1. Toews, Jonathan (5 250 000 $ retained)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (MIN)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Frais appliqués
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CHI
Logo de EDM
Logo de TOR
Logo de VGK
Logo de CHI
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de TBL
Logo de NJD
Logo de NYR
Logo de COL
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de TBL
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CGY
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $59 317 212 $237 500 $2 322 500 $23 182 788 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 3
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AD
RFA - 4
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
AG, C
RFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C
RFA - 1
758 333 $758 333 $
AD
RFA - 2
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
AD, C, AG
UFA - 2
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
C
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
820 000 $820 000 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AG
RFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, C
RFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 2
758 333 $758 333 $
AG
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
883 750 $883 750 $
G
RFA - 1
867 500 $867 500 $ (Bonis de performance32 500 $$32K)
DG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 1
866 667 $866 667 $
DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
975 000 $975 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 juin 2022 à 14 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,984
Quoting: delneggs
Easiest no ever from the Rangers. No thanks to a 1 year Kane rental.

Kane would get you past Tampa, Kakko can't and next year the same would hold true. Kane is lights out in the playoffs and throw him in the top 6 in new york and they would be insane. All depends what a cup is worth to a team that hasn't seen a cup in many years.
10 juin 2022 à 14 h 48
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,515
Quoting: ChiHawk
Kane would get you past Tampa, Kakko can't and next year the same would hold true. Kane is lights out in the playoffs and throw him in the top 6 in new york and they would be insane. All depends what a cup is worth to a team that hasn't seen a cup in many years.

So you're saying trading for Kane GUARANTEES the Rangers a cup? I doubt that. Rather have a 21 year old Kakko on the team for the next 5 to 10 years than roll those dice.
10 juin 2022 à 14 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: TooMalevolent
If Mrazek does cost a 2nd, then you pay a 2nd. You don't add him to a big trade that requires you to up the level of prospect. I don't think a Murphy is worth that.

Cat definitely worth Knies. But I don't think teams should trade A prospects unless it fits. The issue with Cat is his contract is up. If this was 2 yrs ago, I think it starts with knies and a 1st. Now the leafs have to pay him. I don't know his qualifying, but I imagine it's high. It's probably $9million per to lock him in. Which is fine, but Leafs have Matthews UFA coming up. This also means you have to trade Nylander. For the leafs to give up Knies they have to be better this year and next. That's the window. If it costs you Nylander you are only a bit better.

Yes, but Murphy is worth a mid to late 1st and a 3rd if it's a late first. I figured Knies is worth that plus the 2nd (Mrazek dump) so that's where the trade idea came from, but again, I think Knies is a top 6 player, I just don't see him as a franchise player or hold him in high as regard as some people do.

The situation in Toronto contextually what you're saying makes sense but Cat for Knies value in a silo on paper, Cat all day and it's not close.
10 juin 2022 à 14 h 55
Démarrer sujet
So you're saying trading for Kane GUARANTEES the Rangers a cup? I doubt that. Rather have a 21 year old Kakko on the team for the next 5 to 10 years than roll those dice.

I'm saying Kane is a huge upgrade at RW for the Rangers and he's a game changer there is no question about it; he could easily push the Rangers past Tampa. Then plug in Panarin and he have obvious chemistry on the ice, those two together with Strome in the middle would be a deadly line, almost impossible to stop. Colorado would have a really hard time stopping that line.

KK is not even close to Kane right now and he's developing slowly, has been underwhelming considering what the expectations were when he was drafted and where he drafted at. For a team competing, every team in their right mind would take Kane over KK in a cup run this year and next year because a real chance at the cup doesn't come very often...you take that chance with everything you've got versus worrying about the team in 5 years. Look at the moves TBL have made to maximize the window, Hawks did the same thing which is why Panarin was let go as well as Tuevo Terenvainen
10 juin 2022 à 14 h 57
Shaners79
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 188
Quoting: Garak
For sure. And I think a lot of people mistake him for a pure offensive forward because of his offensive numbers and size. But that little f$#er can play some defense. His 2 way game seems to get better and better every season too.

He was on the pk this season two. That tells me that there is more to his game
Garak et ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
10 juin 2022 à 14 h 58
Shaners79
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 188
Quoting: Shaners79

Too
Garak a aimé ceci.
10 juin 2022 à 15 h 0
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 457
Quoting: Garak
For sure. And I think a lot of people mistake him for a pure offensive forward because of his offensive numbers and size. But that little f$#er can play some defense. His 2 way game seems to get better and better every season too.

That's interesting. I don't watch Chicago as much as a fan would, but I watch a ton of hockey, and I watched alot of the Blackhawks this year. Most of it was because I was critical of the Jones trade- more for the fact that I didn't think they were good enough overall to be making a trade that involved futures- so I wanted to see how it would turn out. Another part was definitely the off-ice and see how that would look on the ice. And then a big part was DeBrincat. He's big in parts of the Leafs fan base because many wanted him at the draft. And if you believe the reporting, it was a big issue amongst leafs management/scouting. So I always tune in for him. I got admit though, being good defensively is not something I attribute to him. I believe in valuing players for what they are, so it's not even a knock, but I don't see the defense in him at all.
10 juin 2022 à 15 h 4
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,035
Quoting: Shaners79

Definitely. There may be some inflation to his offense too since he plays with Kane. But there is something to be said for a player that can keep up with Kane's creativity and pace, and he immediately had the confidence to not be intimidated by a player like Kane. A lot young players seem to get star struck playing with the guys they grew up watching. Cat just jumped right in and was like "I'm good at hockey too. So, what are we doing? Lets score some goals." haha
10 juin 2022 à 15 h 5
I'm saying Kane is a huge upgrade at RW for the Rangers and he's a game changer there is no question about it; he could easily push the Rangers past Tampa. Then plug in Panarin and he have obvious chemistry on the ice, those two together with Strome in the middle would be a deadly line, almost impossible to stop. Colorado would have a really hard time stopping that line.

KK is not even close to Kane right now and he's developing slowly, has been underwhelming considering what the expectations were when he was drafted and where he drafted at. For a team competing, every team in their right mind would take Kane over KK in a cup run this year and next year because a real chance at the cup doesn't come very often...you take that chance with everything you've got versus worrying about the team in 5 years. Look at the moves TBL have made to maximize the window, Hawks did the same thing which is why Panarin was let go as well as Tuevo Terenvainen

No question it's a huge upgrade, but I agree with op that is way too much for a rental. We just don't see these kinds of trades for 1yr players. Teams like TB take chances, but they have proof of concept, and for NYR it's only been one year. And honestly TB example does not fit. They never do those trades for rentals, and those cap hits. I don't even know if Kane can fit on a NYR team next yr if Strome is signed.
10 juin 2022 à 15 h 12

Do you understand that trading for Kane means a 1 year rental? Do you get that basic concept? It has nothing to do with Kane's skill, and everything to do with HOW LONG he will be on the team. Not giving up a 21 year old with Kakko's potential for ANY player for a 1 year rental. If you don't understand that then there isn't anything else to say.
TooMalevolent a aimé ceci.
10 juin 2022 à 15 h 17
Yes, but Murphy is worth a mid to late 1st and a 3rd if it's a late first. I figured Knies is worth that plus the 2nd (Mrazek dump) so that's where the trade idea came from, but again, I think Knies is a top 6 player, I just don't see him as a franchise player or hold him in high as regard as some people do.

The situation in Toronto contextually what you're saying makes sense but Cat for Knies value in a silo on paper, Cat all day and it's not close.

Of course Knies is not a franchise player, but he's still an across-the-board A prospect. The cost of that is not a 2nd and 3rd.

Yeah there is no question about Cat > Knies on paper. But the context is key. Fit in terms of window, assets, cap, lineup needs, etc. is everything. Cats fit is more for the coming teams like NJ and LA, (and I guess buffalo and Ottawa if you believe their fan base), or the pivoting teams that are doing a shake-up/have money coming off this year and/or next. So Philly, Pittsburgh, Carolina (maybe). Of course when a player like him is available every team is interested, and it's imperative they assess their position and look into it, but for it to fit, realistically it's not every team. That's the reality with a soft cap.
10 juin 2022 à 15 h 20
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,035
That's interesting. I don't watch Chicago as much as a fan would, but I watch a ton of hockey, and I watched alot of the Blackhawks this year. Most of it was because I was critical of the Jones trade- more for the fact that I didn't think they were good enough overall to be making a trade that involved futures- so I wanted to see how it would turn out. Another part was definitely the off-ice and see how that would look on the ice. And then a big part was DeBrincat. He's big in parts of the Leafs fan base because many wanted him at the draft. And if you believe the reporting, it was a big issue amongst leafs management/scouting. So I always tune in for him. I got admit though, being good defensively is not something I attribute to him. I believe in valuing players for what they are, so it's not even a knock, but I don't see the defense in him at all.

Well, being a top line forward, he isn't on the ice for a ton of defensive time, but when it calls for it, his two way game is solid and is very defensively responsible. He is good on the PK, transitions well, is quick on the back check, can strip pucks, not afraid to get in board battles, he is strong, can hit and take hits, and can move the puck well. Yes you want to value players on what they are, and what I am saying is that is part of his game that a lot of people miss. He definitely isn't a defensive dynamo, but he isn't just some "offense only" defensive liability, especially for his size. He works hard out there in every zone.
10 juin 2022 à 18 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Of course Knies is not a franchise player, but he's still an across-the-board A prospect. The cost of that is not a 2nd and 3rd.

Yeah there is no question about Cat > Knies on paper. But the context is key. Fit in terms of window, assets, cap, lineup needs, etc. is everything. Cats fit is more for the coming teams like NJ and LA, (and I guess buffalo and Ottawa if you believe their fan base), or the pivoting teams that are doing a shake-up/have money coming off this year and/or next. So Philly, Pittsburgh, Carolina (maybe). Of course when a player like him is available every team is interested, and it's imperative they assess their position and look into it, but for it to fit, realistically it's not every team. That's the reality with a soft cap.

I think you missed my point.

Murphy = 1st and 3rd
Mrazek = -2nd round pick

So effectively Knies is returning a 1st, 2nd, and a 3rd rounder in this trade. I don't think Knies is really worth that much more; that's a heck of return for a player that has never played pro and where he was drafted. I get he's shown up well in the NCAA but again, is a he truly a top 6 player and in what capacity, driving a line or complimenting a line? Hard to say
10 juin 2022 à 18 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Do you understand that trading for Kane means a 1 year rental? Do you get that basic concept? It has nothing to do with Kane's skill, and everything to do with HOW LONG he will be on the team. Not giving up a 21 year old with Kakko's potential for ANY player for a 1 year rental. If you don't understand that then there isn't anything else to say.

You can see I'm a veteran on this site and am well aware of what a 1 year rental is, a little deductive reasoning would help you make that conclusion instead of trying to talk down to me.

You can also see what that Kane has a NMC meaning, if he were to waive to go to the rangers that means the rangers have the leg up to resign him after a year and a very good chance Kane would; even sign an extension. Regardless, at the same time, KK is not living up to anywhere near his potential and in another year will be a dissapointment and for a team hitting their prime it might be worth the risk versus a rebuilding team it may. Meanwhile, Kane 1000% moves the needle to get a cup back in NY whereas now KK does not and hard to say if he ever will. He's like Dach, both players are not living up to their potential and could end up being relative busts. Watch in 2 more years if KK turns out to be what he is now, you'll be saying "what if" and that's the point of the proposal. For a player drafted so high, be it Dach or KK, now is the time to consider a trade for someone who moves the needle while they still have a fair amount of value, be it for different reasons (cup run vs. rebuidl) but nevertheless as been discussed in the case of both players by the analysts.

Now you may think KK is going to be an elite player in the league still, good for you and that's your opinion but there are plenty that say he's never going to be that or even able to drive his own line. That's the luxury of having subjective opinions on prospects and young players, nobody knows how it's going to turn out and you don't either.
Garak a aimé ceci.
10 juin 2022 à 18 h 22
You can see I'm a veteran on this site and am well aware of what a 1 year rental is, a little deductive reasoning would help you make that conclusion.

You can also see what that Kane has a NMC meaning, if he were to waive to go to the rangers that means the rangers have the leg up to resign him after a year. At the same time, KK is not living up to anywhere near his potential and in another year will be a disapointment. Meanwhile, Kane 1000% moves the needle to get a cup back in NY whereas now KK does not and hard to say if he ever will. He's like Dach, both players are not living up to their potential and could end up being relative busts. Watch in 2 more years, you'll be saying "what if" and that's the point of the proposal. For a player drafted so high, be it Dach or KK, now is the time to consider a trade for someone who moves the needle, be it for different reasons (cup run vs. rebuidl) but nevertheless as been discussed in the case of both players by the analysts.

Now you may think KK is going to be an elite player in the league still, good for you and that's your opinion but there are plenty that say he's never going to be that or even able to drive his own line.

You obviously don't understand basic math. The Rangers have no cap space for Miller going forward, and they are not moving out players to try to create cap space for him. This is a math problem a 3rd grader could understand, why can't you?
10 juin 2022 à 21 h 43
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 812
Maybe, but Toronto's window is now and Knies isn't ready yet. Moving out some cap with Holl and Mrazek will obviously help. Maybe Hawks retain $1M on Murphy, but Murphy would solidify their right side; Brodie and Murphy is pretty solid, especially bringing the physical element around the net. The bigger question for Toronto is goalie and what the cost is there...once that is decided, if there is room I could see them doing this type of trade all day long.

Torontos window doesnt close after this year, or the next, or the next....
10 juin 2022 à 21 h 44
Quoting: Greysuits
Their window is over the next 2 to 3 years while they have Mathews and Marner signed and before Tavares completely falls off a cliff. I think they will have other options for Mrazek and Holl that doesn't cost them known young cheap talent. I also don't think Murphy pushes them over the edge so its just too high of a price to pay. This is coming from a Sabres fan who would love nothing more than to watch Toronto get bounced again in the first round.

Their window is not over in 2-3 years.... unless Matthews doesnt resign.... Torontos window is open as long as hes in town
11 juin 2022 à 1 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: SNipeSHowInc
Their window is not over in 2-3 years.... unless Matthews doesnt resign.... Torontos window is open as long as hes in town

You never know given the last 5 years. If another year of first round exists happens it's hard to say what Toronto does. Teams always need to capitalize when they are close to making a run, injuries, change in GM, coach, players retiring, etc. things happen.
Garak a aimé ceci.
11 juin 2022 à 9 h 57
You never know given the last 5 years. If another year of first round exists happens it's hard to say what Toronto does. Teams always need to capitalize when they are close to making a run, injuries, change in GM, coach, players retiring, etc. things happen.

Things certainly can change, but what teams window closed when their top 5 player in the league was in the prime of his career?
12 juin 2022 à 12 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: SNipeSHowInc
Things certainly can change, but what teams window closed when their top 5 player in the league was in the prime of his career?

Who's to say if the leafs falter again, they don't go into a rebuild and trade Matthews in his last year? Teams have done that before, moved their top players when they keep faltering.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage