Forums/Armchair-GM

My Nucks blow the sht up

Créé par: jwg314
Équipe: 2022-23 Canucks de Vancouver
Date de création initiale: 10 mai 2022
Publié: 10 mai 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Full rebuild. Sell everyone except Demko, EP40, Hughes and Horvat (extends long-term).
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
32 500 000 $
2925 000 $
3925 000 $
3925 000 $
2925 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
46 000 000 $
32 000 000 $
76 500 000 $
31 500 000 $
Transactions
VAN
  1. Kravtsov, Vitali [Droits de RFA]
  2. Lundkvist, Nils
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (NYR)
Détails additionnels:
Rangers lose 1st round, whatever OVR that makes it
VAN
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2022 (STL)
VAN
  1. Beckman, Adam
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (MIN)
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (MIN)
Détails additionnels:
MIN loses in 1st round to Blues or 2nd round to Avs, so maybe 18-24? idk
MIN
  1. Boeser, Brock [Droits de RFA]
Détails additionnels:
Boeser extends long term, lets say like 8x7
VAN
  1. Durzi, Sean [Droits de RFA]
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (LAK)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de VAN
Logo de NYR
Logo de MIN
Logo de VAN
Logo de MIN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de STL
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de LAK
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de NYR
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $74 470 834 $1 250 000 $2 000 000 $8 029 166 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
7 350 000 $7 350 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
891 667 $891 667 $ (Bonis de performance300 000 $$300K)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
C
UFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 8
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
894 167 $894 167 $
AG
RFA - 2
2 650 000 $2 650 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
DG
UFA - 5
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
UFA - 4
7 260 000 $7 260 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 5
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Rangers de New York
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
G
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
C, AG
UFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 mai 2022 à 2 h 53
Démarrer sujet
STL
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,639
Quoting: Knuckl3s
Yes, the team needs to clear cap space, but it doesn't have to come at the expense of missing the playoffs next season. We don't know what management will be able to pull off this off-season

Let me ask you, are you in the camp of dealing Miller or keeping him and maybe letting him walk for nothing? Boeser is great, but surely the potential return for him is enticing. You are nowhere close to contending with this team, even with an elite goalie, elite 1C, elite OFD, elite two-way 2C, etc. You have good pieces but its not now. Re-tool and get younger, and you could contend in a few years.
10 mai 2022 à 2 h 54
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,630
Quoting: SimonSelaars3
They don’t, Fiala, Gaudreau, and Eriksson Ek are the only good forwards that kill penalties and Spurgeon, and Brodin are the only good Dmen that kill penalties. The system laid out by the coaching staff also has deserved some fault at times this year.

Oh, I see. Getting to our earlier point, of course Fiala is better and more valuable than Boeser right NOW, I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying that I still see a world where Boeser bounces back next season and raises his stock to be even higher than Fiala's, because at the beginning of this season, Boeser was a more valuable asset than Fiala was, so I would not trade Boeser + for Fiala in any scenario this off-season with Boeser's stock being as relatively low as it is
10 mai 2022 à 2 h 57
Démarrer sujet
STL
My proposal made your empty RD look quite sturdy and Kane and Nichushkin would be solid replacements for the forwards I dealt. I don't think it's all perfect, but I think it's a good route to take.
10 mai 2022 à 2 h 57
Banni
Quoting: jwg314
Let me ask you, are you in the camp of dealing Miller or keeping him and maybe letting him walk for nothing? Boeser is great, but surely the potential return for him is enticing. You are nowhere close to contending with this team, even with an elite goalie, elite 1C, elite OFD, elite two-way 2C, etc. You have good pieces but its not now. Re-tool and get younger, and you could contend in a few years.

I'm not saying the Canucks will contend next year, of course they can't, I'm smart enough to recognize that as well, but with the talent that the team does have, it's not possible for them to be bad enough to tank for a top 3 or top 5 draft pick, so they have to go into next season with playoff aspirations. Canucks were playing at a 106 point pace under Boudreau for 57 games, that's a meaningful sample size

There is no reason for me to doubt the Canucks ability to make the post-season next season even if they trade Miller (it sounds like Boeser is going to re-sign and stay). If Pettersson, Hughes, Demko, and Podkolzin all take steps in their game, and if guys like Boeser, Dickinson, and Hoglander bounce back, this team will have made up much of the value from losing JT Miller
10 mai 2022 à 3 h 1
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,150
So I guess Minnesota doesn't have a lot of good penalty killers outside of Fiala then

Nah, dude. The PK'ers are fine. They shouldn't be anywhere near as bad as they are. It's bad for two reasons.

1) They're special teams coach is awful. Needs to be fired into the sun and replaced. We also lacked a big bodied defenseman who could clear out the front of the net.

2) Inconsistent and and bad goaltending this year dropped them down the rankings a ****ton. Why the f*** do you think we traded for Fluery?

We addressed both issues in regards to goaltending and and lack of size on the back end by bringing in Fleury and moving out Kahkonen for Middleton.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2022 à 3 h 2
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 536
Oh, I see. Getting to our earlier point, of course Fiala is better and more valuable than Boeser right NOW, I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying that I still see a world where Boeser bounces back next season and raises his stock to be even higher than Fiala's, because at the beginning of this season, Boeser was a more valuable asset than Fiala was, so I would not trade Boeser + for Fiala in any scenario this off-season with Boeser's stock being as relatively low as it is

I wouldn’t do it if I were Vancouver either, it doesn’t make sense for either team.
Knuckl3s a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2022 à 3 h 5
Quoting: SimonSelaars3
Because he only started killing penalties a month and a half ago, it also takes more than 1 good penalty killer to have a good penalty kill.

Actually, he's killed penalties all year long. But was only on the PK2 unit until about a month and half ago when he was promoted to the 1st penalty kill unit, and jumped from 35s pk toi to 55s pk toi.
10 mai 2022 à 3 h 12

Fiala has been the better overall player by stats comparison for the last three years. This is not some scenario where Boeser will magically overtake him.

Fiala simply left Boeser in a lesser tier this year.

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_compare.php?players%5B%5D=4512&players%5B%5D=4048&period=2021-2022%3AR%3A99
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2022 à 3 h 36
Banni
Quoting: RazWild
Fiala has been the better overall player by stats comparison for the last three years. This is not some scenario where Boeser will magically overtake him.

Fiala simply left Boeser in a lesser tier this year.

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_compare.php?players%5B%5D=4512&players%5B%5D=4048&period=2021-2022%3AR%3A99

Fiala is still a year older and playing on a better team
10 mai 2022 à 4 h 4
Modifié 10 mai 2022 à 4 h 11
Fiala is still a year older and playing on a better team

And Boeser still played with better players then what Fiala had on his line until this year, plays 2 minutes more a game on average than Fiala does. Plays roughly a minute more of PP time on average than Fiala does.

And despite all that Fiala was neck and neck with Boeser for that entire time, and still beat him on most categories.

Ergo, Fiala did more with less.

Fiala is the clearly better player, and it's simply no longer close.

Even if Boeser does bounce back there is absolutely no evidence to suggest or support to your claim that he'll overtake Fiala again. That's strictly wishful thinking on your part. Boeser's a 60-65'ish point player if he bounces back. How many years of playing with the likes of Pettersson, Horvat, Miller, and Garland/Toffoli level players does Boeser need to hit 80 points in a season?

When he's never even hit 70, not once, or even been on pace for that number.

Fiala's been on that type of pace without linemates of note or help, basically on his own, for the last three years. Get him a player worth a damn on his line and this season was the type of season he was always capable of. The underlying numbers have always bared that out.

That hasn't been the case for Boeser.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2022 à 4 h 10
Banni
And Boeser still played with better players then what Fiala had on his line until this year, plays 2 minutes more a game on average than Fiala does. Plays roughly a minute more of PP time on average than Fiala does.

And despite all that Fiala was neck and neck with Boeser for that entire time, and still beat him on most categories.

Ergo, Fiala did more with less.

Fiala is the clearly better player, and it's simply no longer close.

Even if Boeser does bounce back there is absolutely no evidence to suggest or support to your claim that he'll overtake Fiala again. That's strictly wishful thinking on your part. Boeser's a 60-65'ish point player if he bounces back. How many years of playing with the likes of Pettersson, Horvat, Miller, and Garland/Toffoli level players does Boeser need to hit 80 points in a season?

When he's never even hit 70, not once, or even been on pace for that number.

Fiala's been on that type of pace without linemates of note or help for the last three years. Get him a player worth a damn on his line and this season was the type of season he was always capable of. The underlying numbers have always bared that out.

That hasn't been the case for Boeser.

Lol, Fiala wasn't going anywhere this season until Boldy came along, and Boeser hasn't been getting carried by his linemates the way you think he is, in fact to the contrary, he makes his linemates better
10 mai 2022 à 4 h 29
Lol, Fiala wasn't going anywhere this season until Boldy came along, and Boeser hasn't been getting carried by his linemates the way you think he is, in fact to the contrary, he makes his linemates better

Fiala had a slow start, that's true. But he's always been a second half of the season type of player. That is nothing new. He was the hottest player in the NHL by point total for the final two months of the 19-20 season.

He did it again last year, despite the shortened season where he was on a tear the final couple of months before that playoffs started.

Only Stamkos was the hotter player down the stretch this year.

He was on a 70 point pace in 19-20.

He was on a 70 point pace for an adjusted 82 game schedule in 20-21.

He was on a 63 point pace on his own at the time Boldy joined the team. It's not unreasonable to think he hits 90+ points if Boldy doesn't get injured the last preseason game and actually makes the team roster out of camp as was originally slated to happen.

Sure you can sit there and say he doesn't have the year he has without Boldy. But he still would of broken through on his own eventually. It's who he is. And given his tendencies, he would of once again been on a 70 point pace on his own.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2022 à 4 h 40
Banni
Fiala had a slow start, that's true. But he's always been a second half of the season type of player. That is nothing new. He was the hottest player in the NHL by point total for the final two months of the 19-20 season.

He did it again last year, despite the shortened season where he was on a tear the final couple of months before that playoffs started.

Only Stamkos was the hotter player down the stretch this year.

He was on a 70 point pace in 19-20.

He was on a 70 point pace for an adjusted 82 game schedule in 20-21.

He was on a 63 point pace on his own at the time Boldy joined the team. It's not unreasonable to think he hits 90+ points if Boldy doesn't get injured the last preseason game and actually makes the team roster out of camp as was originally slated to happen.

Sure you can sit there and say he doesn't have the year he has without Boldy. But he still would of broken through on his own eventually. It's who he is. And given his tendencies, he would of once again been on a 70 point pace on his own.

Okay, but the whole inconsistency trend looks a little disconcerting to me
10 mai 2022 à 4 h 46
Am Yisrael Chai
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,741
Rangers accept if they can't get Girard or Chychrun.
10 mai 2022 à 5 h 6
Okay, but the whole inconsistency trend looks a little disconcerting to me

That's true of any goal scorer. Boeser is the same way. He's been streaky as well througout his career and injury prone as well. Even Kaprizov goes into little lulls every now and again. Kaprizov got off to a slow start this year too.

But back to Fiala, it's been his inconsistencies that have kept him from getting the long-term contract he's always wanted and why he's focused so heavily on improving defensively the last two years and a becoming a full 200 foot player. Not just beyond because it's what both Guerin and Evason have wanted, but because it's what he's wanted too.

And for the record, Fiala may not have been producing much if anything earlier in the year until Boldy arrived. But he was never inconsistent this year. He was still engaged, still doing the right things, and contributing at both ends of the ice. He just wasn't getting rewarded for it. In a word, snakebit. His expected goals rate via shot chances to actual production was the lowest in the league by a wide margin for the first two months until Boldy arrived.

But he was in no way invisible or inconsistent with his level of play during that stretch.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2022 à 6 h 17
Banni
That's true of any goal scorer. Boeser is the same way. He's been streaky as well througout his career and injury prone as well. Even Kaprizov goes into little lulls every now and again. Kaprizov got off to a slow start this year too.

But back to Fiala, it's been his inconsistencies that have kept him from getting the long-term contract he's always wanted and why he's focused so heavily on improving defensively the last two years and a becoming a full 200 foot player. Not just beyond because it's what both Guerin and Evason have wanted, but because it's what he's wanted too.

And for the record, Fiala may not have been producing much if anything earlier in the year until Boldy arrived. But he was never inconsistent this year. He was still engaged, still doing the right things, and contributing at both ends of the ice. He just wasn't getting rewarded for it. In a word, snakebit. His expected goals rate via shot chances to actual production was the lowest in the league by a wide margin for the first two months until Boldy arrived.

But he was in no way invisible or inconsistent with his level of play during that stretch.

Still engaged while not scoring? Yeah right, show me some proof
10 mai 2022 à 9 h 22
Banni
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 520
I never intended for it to be realistic. This is the scenario where it is unrealistic blowup.

How exactly is it do you think Minnesota is paying anything for boeser much less that? Minnesota says no
10 mai 2022 à 9 h 44
Judd Bracket ripoff
Mentions "j'aime": 3,578
Brutal miller trade, Boeser trade doesn’t make sense for minny, no way LA trades away Durzi AND a 1st for 2 players who don’t crack their first line, overpaying free agents by, like, a lot, and the forward groups is a lot worse than last year; a worse first line without miller and a worse 3rd line without Pearson/garland.

Brutal offseason. If the Canucks do anything like this then they should fold the franchise
10 mai 2022 à 13 h 23
Modifié 10 mai 2022 à 13 h 30
Still engaged while not scoring? Yeah right, show me some proof

What am I, your mother? Your fully capable of looking this information up on your own you know.

But since you asked...

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/players/kevin-fiala

It's right there under the Regular Season Quarterly Comparison heading. A little ways down the page. Now, as I already explained but you don't seem to understand. His xG/SC numbers or expected goals via shot chances to actual production were the lowest in the league for the first two months in the league. That means he was putting high-quality chances on net and wasn't getting rewarded. By sheer volume of shots alone, he should of have been more productive. His expected goals rate during his early drought was 11, he had 3. As I said, that difference of -9 was worst in the league.

He started scoring not because Boldy showed up, but because the puck started going into the net for him.

But since you can't be bothered to look this information up for yourself.

2021-2022 Regular Season

Quarter 1:
GP - 21
G - 3
A - 12
P - 15
SOG - 69

Quarter 2:
GP - 17
G - 8
A - 6
P - 14
SOG - 56

Quarter 3:
GP - 22
G - 9
A - 17
P - 26
SOG - 70

Quarter 4:
GP - 22
G - 13
A - 17
P - 30
SOG - 67

His SOG were consistent throughout the year, but his scoring was not. If a player is putting that many pucks on net, bottom line... they're engaged. This is and should be common sense.
11 mai 2022 à 1 h 38
Banni
What am I, your mother? Your fully capable of looking this information up on your own you know.

But since you asked...

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/players/kevin-fiala

It's right there under the Regular Season Quarterly Comparison heading. A little ways down the page. Now, as I already explained but you don't seem to understand. His xG/SC numbers or expected goals via shot chances to actual production were the lowest in the league for the first two months in the league. That means he was putting high-quality chances on net and wasn't getting rewarded. By sheer volume of shots alone, he should of have been more productive. His expected goals rate during his early drought was 11, he had 3. As I said, that difference of -9 was worst in the league.

He started scoring not because Boldy showed up, but because the puck started going into the net for him.

But since you can't be bothered to look this information up for yourself.

2021-2022 Regular Season

Quarter 1:
GP - 21
G - 3
A - 12
P - 15
SOG - 69

Quarter 2:
GP - 17
G - 8
A - 6
P - 14
SOG - 56

Quarter 3:
GP - 22
G - 9
A - 17
P - 26
SOG - 70

Quarter 4:
GP - 22
G - 13
A - 17
P - 30
SOG - 67

His SOG were consistent throughout the year, but his scoring was not. If a player is putting that many pucks on net, bottom line... they're engaged. This is and should be common sense.

I'm just not as good with analytics as you are. Thanks mom
11 mai 2022 à 1 h 57
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,385
Boeser is looking to bounce back, so he could end up being better than Fiala by the end of next season. Boeser was better than Fiala going into this season

No, he wasn't, you just thought he was because you only look at total points accumulated without any context.

Fiala has been better for 3 years, he will continue to be better going forward.
11 mai 2022 à 2 h 4
Banni
Quoting: Caerii
No, he wasn't, you just thought he was because you only look at total points accumulated without any context.

Fiala has been better for 3 years, he will continue to be better going forward.

He's been better for 1 maybe 2 years, but not three. You are ignoring Boeser's analytics
11 mai 2022 à 2 h 10
Démarrer sujet
STL
He's been better for 1 maybe 2 years, but not three. You are ignoring Boeser's analytics

I'm gonna chime in and say Fiala and Boeser were once on the same page, but Fiala has run away with it. Maybe Boeser can bounce back, but Fiala is way ahead at the moment.
11 mai 2022 à 2 h 17
Banni
I'm gonna chime in and say Fiala and Boeser were once on the same page, but Fiala has run away with it. Maybe Boeser can bounce back, but Fiala is way ahead at the moment.

For sure, Boeser has had a down year while fiala has had a career year. I'm just saying that I still believe Boeser has the potential to catch up to Fiala's level or close to
11 mai 2022 à 2 h 18
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,385

He's been the overall better player going back to the 2019-20 season. The "analytics" you claim are what tells us he's done more with less. I've gone over this time and time again, any disparity in production has been explained entirely by a difference in opportunity- ice time and linemates. When Fiala has gotten quality linemates to play with during those years, his production far surpasses Boeser's.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage