Forums/Armchair-GM

Army stays competitive for years to come

Créé par: aldore
Équipe: 2022-23 Blues de St-Louis
Date de création initiale: 21 avr. 2022
Publié: 21 avr. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
SO let me walk you through my thought process.

The Blues have several key players contracts coming up in 2023 offseason. If we don't start addressing it now we are in trouble. There are also still the glaring issue of who do we pair on LD with Parayko. Army doeesnt like rebuilds. He tries to always stays competitive and he's pretty damn good at it since our only pick in the top 15 since 2010 was in 2010 and was Schwartz and Vladdy.

Trades:

1) Get rid of Scandella's contract. Scandella has been a lot better this past month or so but is still overpaid. Especially since the contract doesnt expire until 2024. I think we could probably dump him for even less than this since he is a serviceable 3rd paring D man for a team that needs players and to reach the floor. I put a 4th and figured no on can complain about that. AZ gets a pick and a player under contract for 2 years.

2) The big one. Ryan O'Reilly. Our captian. Conn Smythe winner and Stanley cup champion. Consistent Selke finalist. A pro's pro. A guy who would help every single team in the league. SO why trade him? well, I wouldnt really want to. This is just an alternative option for us to find some cap space and help ourselves years in the future. I chose to dump ROR of the guys who will ned contracts in 2023 because he would bring in the biggest return. Colorado is the cup favorite right now. If they win, they will want to repeat before Mack is owed 10+ million a year and they find themselves in cap hell. They have notable free agents in Kadri, Nichushkin, Burakovsky, and Darcy Keumper. Kadri is going to want 7ish mil + with term which they will not be able to make work. and they will need a 2C. ROR would be the best 2C in the league. He only has 1 year term left but how I have set it up, the Blues retain which allows Colorado to bring back those other big pieces that make them the team they are today. Byram was a 4th OA pick and has a lot of promise. This would be the big piece from them. They would probably rather trade Girard and make Byram the 2nd LD but to get a piece like ROR, that wouldn't cut it. They have two solid LD under contract for years to come so they wouldnt be crating a positional hole with this trade. As I type this, Im thinking they probably wouldn't part ways with both him and Lehkonen. The blues have tried for Lehkonen in the past and that would certainly be the ask. I think a guy like Logan O'Connor might be more doable from the Avs point of view. I did the trades to add a little more value from the blues for the fact that the avs are giving up two guys under team control still.

3) The weird one. The Blues are a team that is cap strapped. Why would we help Calgary with a cap dump so that they can bring back their big players with expiring contracts while giving up a young middle 6 guy who is just starting to reach his potential and plus a bottom 6 guy who is young and under team control. Well, Barby is another one of those contracts that is up in 2023 and he is at the bottom of that totem pole for me. We might as well try and get something for him. While the Blues have a lot of prospects at center, none of them are very high end options. While Zary hasn't exactly excelled at the AHL level he is still very young and has a lot of the tools to become a middle/top 6 center. We havee seen with Kyrou, sometimes players tak a few years to put it all together and figur it out at the pro level. We would aslo be giving up Klim kostin who has been productive at times but hasn't quite figured it out. A switch up would be good for him and he is still so young and can be a valueable, cheap, bottom 6 player for the flames. I added their 2nd and our 4th to even out the value change and the cap dump that the Flamees would be doing in dropping monahan. Monahan has been a good playeer in the past but has been injury ridden and beeeds to be done in Calgary. He only has 1 year left on his contract so we could take on the cap and have him serve as our 3/4C then let him walk. H doesnt interfere with our ability to sign our contracts ending after this season.

Free Agency:

Perron: I think he would likely take a discount to stay in STL. Hes played for a bunch of teams but only ever signed a contract with the Blues. I put him at 3.75M for 2 years. I think he might take that. Trading ROR might make signing him much moree difficult. If this weree to happen, I would like to see us go after someone like Mason Marchment as his replacement. I think he may fall right around 4M AVV

Wedgewood: Husso has been amazing this year. I would like to have him on our team again but I believe a team is going to over him 4.5/5M with term and we just cant pay two goalies that. Wedgewood has shown flashes of being really solid and I think he could be a solid backup for us. If we want to be competitive, we will need 6M Binnington to be a good goaltender.

The rest: Bring back all the depth, young guys who have made apperences and cycle them as needed to fill a 4th line that is good. I like Dak and Torpchenko a lot. I thin walker with them is a good 4th line that can grind in the corners and control puck possesion while still having a little bit of scoring flare.

Overall

So the team lost ROR so it is definitely a worse forward core than we have this year. To be fair, its gonna be hard to match our forward core from this year. What we did do was adress left D. We would accquire Bowen Byram who could pair with Parayko now and he could grow even more into that role and be a top pairing LD. We also got a really solid two way middle 6 guy in lehkonen (if hes too much for Colorado, I would take O'connor, who would be a super affordable, effective depth guy as well but I would drop the pick exchange). We aquireed some more draft capital in the 2023 draft which is supposed to be amazing. We aquired a solid C prospect which we need cause our two top end forward prospects are Neighbors and Bolduc who both play LW. Yes, i know Bolduc is listed as C but he even said he sees himself as LW at the next level. We also changed the outlook for 2023 being 5 big players 3 UFA, 2 RFA, to 4 big guys 1 UFA, 3 RFA which would be much more manageable. So lets talk about 2023. How we have the team set up here, we have 4 big names and 28M in cap space. Lets leave 3M for the depth guys/call ups ( I think Neighbors gets called up and probably Xary too this year. I probably would wan to see bolduc get one more year in the A depending on how next year goes for him. He is super young still. ) CAp is gonna go up 1M. 26 M for Tank, Kyrou, Thomas, and Byram. I would think we could get them all signed for that. Lets give Thomas 8x8 since he may actually be the second coming of Jesus Christ. Kyrou I think we could sign for somewhere in the range of 6.5x7. Byram would be signing his first deal and basically has no control but I would like to see a 4 x4 deal --I am thinking the longest term that would keep him an RFA. Then sign Vladdy to a 7x5. AN youre all done. The team is set for years. Following that I think I would want to clear Saad at some point to creat space on th left for Neighbors and bUlduc and aquire assets to continue to replenish the system.

All this hard work and I know nobody is gonna agree with me. But hey, its capfriendly.

Let me know what you think.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 000 000 $
21 000 000 $
21 250 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
43 250 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
2900 000 $
22 000 000 $
23 750 000 $
1750 000 $
1750 000 $
1750 000 $
Transactions
STL
    Future considerations
    ARI
    1. Scandella, Marco
    2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (STL)
    STL
    1. Byram, Bowen
    2. Lehkonen, Artturi [Droits de RFA]
    3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (COL)
    COL
    1. O'Reilly, Ryan (3 000 000 $ retained)
    2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (STL)
    STL
    1. Monahan, Sean
    2. Zary, Connor
    3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (CGY)
    CGY
    1. Barbashev, Ivan
    2. Kostin, Klim
    3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (STL)
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2281 500 000 $78 369 167 $1 100 000 $2 500 000 $3 130 833 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Blues de St-Louis
    5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
    AG, AD, C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 1
    3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
    AD
    NTC
    UFA - 1
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    C, AG
    NTC
    UFA - 6
    2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 5
    Logo de Flames de Calgary
    6 375 000 $6 375 000 $
    C, AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    750 000 $750 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    900 000 $900 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 2
    750 000 $750 000 $
    AG, AD
    RFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    DG
    NTC
    UFA - 5
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    DD
    NTC
    UFA - 5
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    G
    NTC
    UFA - 5
    Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
    894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
    DG/DD
    RFA - 1
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    DD
    NTC
    UFA - 8
    1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    DG
    RFA - 1
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    750 000 $750 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA
    950 000 $950 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 2

Unités spéciales

Infériorité numérique 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    21 avr. 2022 à 23 h 55
    RETIRED
    Rejoint: avr. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,482
    Completely out to lunch on the COL deal.
    You think one year rental of O’Reilly nets you Byram + Lehkonen? Lmao
    capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
    21 avr. 2022 à 23 h 56
    Rejoint: juin 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,028
    I love O’Reilly, but this ain’t it.
    xercuses et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
    21 avr. 2022 à 23 h 57
    Xercuses
    Rejoint: juin 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,616
    let me just say None of these happen
    Now is the value there, Yes but i cannot see ROR or VT moved
    sure we might lose one for free but we are also trying to win a cup so keeping them helps us more
    McRanteskog a aimé ceci.
    21 avr. 2022 à 23 h 58
    Banni
    Rejoint: févr. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,483
    One year rental in Ryan O'Reilly doesn't return Byram and Lekonen get real. And Marco Scandella is a cap dump. Probably take more like a 3rd rounder to move him.
    McRanteskog a aimé ceci.
    22 avr. 2022 à 0 h 2
    STL
    Rejoint: juill. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,640
    Yeah, that's really bad for COL.

Also don't understand the CGY trade whatsoever. We don't need Zary, Bolduc is better. We would need Barby for our 3rd line and PK under the circumstances ROR departs.
    McRanteskog a aimé ceci.
    22 avr. 2022 à 0 h 18
    Démarrer sujet
    aldore
    Rejoint: janv. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 67
    Quoting: TampaBayLightning22
    Completely out to lunch on the COL deal.
    You think one year rental of O’Reilly nets you Byram + Lehkonen? Lmao

Quoting: TampaBayLightning22
    One year rental in Ryan O'Reilly doesn't return Byram and Lekonen get real. And Marco Scandella is a cap dump. Probably take more like a 3rd rounder to move him.

Yeah I realized the value is tilted. That’s why in my explanation I said I would probably change it for a lesser player. I said O’Connor but maybe even do jost to help with cap.

And I know scandella is a dump but not a massive dumb. He is a servicable 3rd pairing guy. Not great but not the worst in the nhl or anything. Arizona needs players under contract and he’s a veteran who could hold that spot
    22 avr. 2022 à 0 h 42
    Démarrer sujet
    aldore
    Rejoint: janv. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 67
    Quoting: jwg314
    Yeah, that's really bad for COL.

Also don't understand the CGY trade whatsoever. We don't need Zary, Bolduc is better. We would need Barby for our 3rd line and PK under the circumstances ROR departs.

Barby is someone we certainly don’t pay, he’s terrible defensively. We sell high and get a 2nd in a stacked draft class and an actual center in Zary. Bolduc is a better prospect but he’s a LW, he won’t play center at the NHL level. Also it never hurts to have more talented prospects. I’m saying we use what we have and will lose for nothing to get pieces that allow us to stay competitive for longer
    22 avr. 2022 à 1 h 3
    mokumboi
    Mentions "j'aime": 11,630
    Everyone says no to everything, as they should.
    22 avr. 2022 à 1 h 17
    Rejoint: août 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 113
    Neither of cgy, col and stl will help each other to stay competetive.
    22 avr. 2022 à 7 h 26
    Rejoint: janv. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,982
    Colorado says heck no. Calgary deal is feasible, but don't see the Blues trading Barbashev to a contender. Blues will use him to get LD help.
    22 avr. 2022 à 8 h 6
    RETIRED
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,482
    Quoting: aldore
    Yeah I realized the value is tilted. That’s why in my explanation I said I would probably change it for a lesser player. I said O’Connor but maybe even do jost to help with cap.

And I know scandella is a dump but not a massive dumb. He is a servicable 3rd pairing guy. Not great but not the worst in the nhl or anything. Arizona needs players under contract and he’s a veteran who could hold that spot

Jost in no longer in COL as he was traded at the deadline.
    The difference between Byram or Lehkonen vs Jost is miles apart
    22 avr. 2022 à 11 h 53
    Rejoint: août 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 9,398
    Ah yes checking ACGM’s with Avs knowing somehow the ACGM is going to try and justify some trade involving Byram, Newhook, or Girard. Scanning the trade seeing how big of a rip off it is going to be and usually laughing. Then reading a paragraph long description justifying why COL would trade for 1) a guy they already had that they already traded away once 2) a guy that burned them by signing a bizarre OS 3) would trade PREMIUM assets for said guy who would be a rental because he sure as hell wouldn’t be re-signed. 4) that makes them appreciably worse next season.

Kudos for thinking outside the box, but let’s be realistic when dealing with COL MacK, Mikko, Landy, Makar, Toews are untouchable. Byram and Newhook are nigh untouchable unless a literal top 10 player in the league who has term on his contract is coming back and even then there is no guarantee COL would be willing to part with them.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage