Forums/Armchair-GM

Malkin moved to 3C

Créé par: swifferbrain
Équipe: 2022-23 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 18 avr. 2022
Publié: 18 avr. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Realistically, this is where Malkin is at in his career. Dropping him to the third gives him a chance at more favorable match ups that will mask his regression and create more depth scoring that Pittsburgh needs. His pay cut along with trading a few contracts will open up the space to sign a big name UFA and revamp the second line. Kapanen's and Heinen's RFA rights could also be traded to recoup some draft stock.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2900 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
57 000 000 $
44 500 000 $
35 500 000 $
11 000 000 $
78 500 000 $
56 000 000 $
55 500 000 $
1750 000 $
Transactions
PIT
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2022 (NSH)
ANA
  1. Zucker, Jason
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (PIT)
PIT
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (DET)
PIT
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2022 (SEA)
SEA
  1. McGinn, Brock
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (PIT)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de DET
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de NSH
Logo de PIT
Logo de SEA
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de TOR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $80 884 167 $0 $82 500 $1 615 833 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 8
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 8
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 7
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 6
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AD, AG
UFA - 1
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
C
UFA - 4
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, C
UFA
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
UFA - 5
900 000 $900 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 avr. 2022 à 13 h 10
Pens are the best
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,691
Why sign Forsberg when you can sign Rust for over 3 million cheaper who put up similar if not better numbers this year
aedoran a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2022 à 13 h 13
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,515
ah yes, those famous points per game players 3c that every teams have.
aedoran a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2022 à 13 h 17
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
Quoting: Imagine875948
Why sign Forsberg when you can sign Rust for over 3 million cheaper who put up similar if not better numbers this year

I don't disagree, but something tells me Forsberg playing with Crosby would be massive/fun to watch.

I also don't think Malkin takes that kind of pay cut though, which makes re-signing Rust over Forsberg make even more sense.
18 avr. 2022 à 13 h 18
Pens are the best
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,691
Quoting: Lenny7
I don't disagree, but something tells me Forsberg playing with Crosby would be massive/fun to watch.

I also don't think Malkin takes that kind of pay cut though, which makes re-signing Rust over Forsberg make even more sense.

It would be fun to watch. Also Malkin said he doesnt want money in his next contract so I expect to to take at most 6 mil
aedoran et Lenny7 a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2022 à 13 h 19
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 12,086
Detroit accepts.
18 avr. 2022 à 13 h 20
Lenny7
I'd rather the Ducks make a run at a winger to play with Zegras/Terry, but with Eakins for another year taking Zucker and a pick probably makes sense...if they got someone like Forsberg, Eakins would probably still fire Zegras out there with Derek f*ckin' Grant anyway.
Salzy a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2022 à 13 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 21
Quoting: drambui
ah yes, those famous points per game players 3c that every teams have.

Kessel was on the third and just shy of a point per game when they went back to back. The point is that most teams don't have 3 lines that could take over on any given night and this would create that.
18 avr. 2022 à 13 h 28
Démarrer sujet
I'd rather the Ducks make a run at a winger to play with Zegras/Terry, but with Eakins for another year taking Zucker and a pick probably makes sense...if they got someone like Forsberg, Eakins would probably still fire Zegras out there with Derek f*ckin' Grant anyway.

Seeing Grant out there with Zegras is why I think the Ducks would work with this trade. Zucker may not be an all-star but thats a big step up.
18 avr. 2022 à 13 h 31
Mentions "j'aime": 2,515
Quoting: swifferbrain
Kessel was on the third and just shy of a point per game when they went back to back. The point is that most teams don't have 3 lines that could take over on any given night and this would create that.

i know. its more a remark on the ''realisticly this is where he is at''. pens have been accomodated too much to the luxury of their past line up and might not realize this is not a normal situation. i guess i dont really know what sort of deal malkin will be looking for, but i doubt he comes back as a 3c for pit. (mostly becaus there is gonna be a big bidding war on kadri and trocheck as the main ufa centers).
18 avr. 2022 à 13 h 33
Lenny7
Seeing Grant out there with Zegras is why I think the Ducks would work with this trade. Zucker may not be an all-star but thats a big step up.

I mean, Milano/Zegras/Terry is the correct answer, and they've shown it, but Eakins is quite literally the worst. Picking up his contract option for next year is the first time I've been disappointed with Verbeek. My assumption (and hope?) is that the guy he wants long term isn't available this year, and he doesn't want to waste that bullet yet. I could see a situation where the right person becomes available mid-season and a change is made. I just really can't see a situation where he's still the coach of this team by Sept. 2023.
Salzy et swifferbrain a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2022 à 13 h 33
Démarrer sujet

I'm curious to see how much of a cut he's willing to take. He's said a few times how much he wants to play with Sid and retire in Pittsburgh. He also has said how much he wants to win a 4th cup. If he takes more than that and they sign Rust over Forsberg it certainly isn't the end of the world.
Lenny7 a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2022 à 13 h 44
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,974
I mean, Milano/Zegras/Terry is the correct answer, and they've shown it, but Eakins is quite literally the worst. Picking up his contract option for next year is the first time I've been disappointed with Verbeek. My assumption (and hope?) is that the guy he wants long term isn't available this year, and he doesn't want to waste that bullet yet. I could see a situation where the right person becomes available mid-season and a change is made. I just really can't see a situation where he's still the coach of this team by Sept. 2023.

Honestly if Eakins continues to bury guys like Comtois, Milano, etc over guys like Derek Grant and Carrick, Verbeek is just as much to blame for the stunted development and his hire immediately goes from great to terrible
Lenny7 a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2022 à 13 h 45
Lenny7
I'm curious to see how much of a cut he's willing to take. He's said a few times how much he wants to play with Sid and retire in Pittsburgh. He also has said how much he wants to win a 4th cup. If he takes more than that and they sign Rust over Forsberg it certainly isn't the end of the world.

Yeah, if he's willing to sign for $6 or something than it's a big win for you guys...I mean, I really don't think he goes anywhere, and this doesn't necessarily apply to Gino, but I'd certainly take anything that comes out of a players mouth with a grain of salt. It's not like they're going to badmouth the team or city...I just don't like that there's not already an extension there. Again, I think he signs, but if he wants to get paid, he's going to get paid.
swifferbrain a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2022 à 13 h 47
Lenny7
Quoting: Salzy
Honestly if Eakins continues to bury guys like Comtois, Milano, etc over guys like Derek Grant and Carrick, Verbeek is just as much to blame for the stunted development and his hire immediately goes from great to terrible

Did you watch the game last night? 2 minutes in the first for Zegras...I didn't hear the clip, but apparently they said that Eakins thinks Zegras has hit a wall and is exhausted or something along those lines...then he proceeded to carry that line yet again tears of joy
Salzy a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2022 à 13 h 51
Did you watch the game last night? 2 minutes in the first for Zegras...I didn't hear the clip, but apparently they said that Eakins thinks Zegras has hit a wall and is exhausted or something along those lines...then he proceeded to carry that line yet again tears of joy

I think the words he used was Fragile and tired. Verbeek is on the hot seat already for me personally, picking up the option on Eakins is beyond baffling honestly. Took all the wind out of the sails after a great deadline. Literally nobody connected to the Ducks should want Eakins back, if we arent ready to hire a new outside coach we should have promoted Bouchard.

Verbeek has done so much damage to our future by keeping Eakins around

Eakins may legitimately be the worst coach in NHL history when you factor in how many seasons hes been behind a bench without a single good season to show for it
Lenny7 a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2022 à 13 h 58
Lenny7
I think the words he used was Fragile and tired. Verbeek is on the hot seat already for me personally, picking up the option on Eakins is beyond baffling honestly. Took all the wind out of the sails after a great deadline. Literally nobody connected to the Ducks should want Eakins back, if we arent ready to hire a new outside coach we should have promoted Bouchard.

Verbeek has done so much damage to our future by keeping Eakins around

Eakins may legitimately be the worst coach in NHL history when you factor in how many seasons hes been behind a bench without a single good season to show for it

I was ecstatic with the deadline work that Verbeek did, but yeah, this is baffling. I still think that it's just a case of him not wanting to waste a bullet on Eakins when the guy(s) that he wants aren't available yet, but I absolutely do not get the whole "Let's bench Zegras, but ohhhh, Sam Steel just gave the puck away and directly caused a goal against, but we're going to fire him right back out next shift".

Like, Mo Seider is going to win the Calder, and I couldn't give two craps about individual awards, but Zegras is out there sitting 2nd in points per game by a rookie, and he's spent the majority of the season with Derek friggin' Grant.

RANNNNNNT.
Salzy a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2022 à 14 h 1
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,271
Quoting: Imagine875948

I think it's cause Forsberg would be an absolute beast playing with Crosby. It would elevate him to insane numbers.
swifferbrain et Imagine875948 a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2022 à 14 h 1
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,271
I don't mind these moves at all
swifferbrain a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2022 à 14 h 8
I was ecstatic with the deadline work that Verbeek did, but yeah, this is baffling. I still think that it's just a case of him not wanting to waste a bullet on Eakins when the guy(s) that he wants aren't available yet, but I absolutely do not get the whole "Let's bench Zegras, but ohhhh, Sam Steel just gave the puck away and directly caused a goal against, but we're going to fire him right back out next shift".

Like, Mo Seider is going to win the Calder, and I couldn't give two craps about individual awards, but Zegras is out there sitting 2nd in points per game by a rookie, and he's spent the majority of the season with Derek friggin' Grant.

RANNNNNNT.

Honestly for me, Picking up the option on Eakins undid all the good the deadline did and then some. Overall the Verbeek Era has been more bad than good just from that alone.

Not having the guys you want available is a horrid reason to keep a guy like Eakins around (I know you arent justifying it haha)

The handling of Zegras (and Comtois, Terry last year, Milano, Drysdale, I can go on) is enough of a reason to fire Eakins today and not look back. Verbeek has made me lose all faith in him as our GM by doing that. Thats a decision that will hang on him the rest of his career and now he is part responsible for how Eakins sets his lineups and stunts the growth of our younger players.

I hate to go there but its a Bob Murray-esque move

Zegras has the potential to be the biggest star in the league, both from a marketing and on-ice perspective, He is easily the most valuable piece the Ducks have ever had (Yes Im counting Teemu and Kariya in there)

Eakins and know Verbeek could potentially ruin his confidence and marketability in less than a year.

I wouldnt even be mad if Verbeek follows Eakins out the door at this point

This rant is probably better served elsewhere though haha
Lenny7 a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2022 à 14 h 27
Lenny7
Honestly for me, Picking up the option on Eakins undid all the good the deadline did and then some. Overall the Verbeek Era has been more bad than good just from that alone.

Not having the guys you want available is a horrid reason to keep a guy like Eakins around (I know you arent justifying it haha)

The handling of Zegras (and Comtois, Terry last year, Milano, Drysdale, I can go on) is enough of a reason to fire Eakins today and not look back. Verbeek has made me lose all faith in him as our GM by doing that. Thats a decision that will hang on him the rest of his career and now he is part responsible for how Eakins sets his lineups and stunts the growth of our younger players.

I hate to go there but its a Bob Murray-esque move

Zegras has the potential to be the biggest star in the league, both from a marketing and on-ice perspective, He is easily the most valuable piece the Ducks have ever had (Yes Im counting Teemu and Kariya in there)

Eakins and know Verbeek could potentially ruin his confidence and marketability in less than a year.

I wouldnt even be mad if Verbeek follows Eakins out the door at this point

This rant is probably better served elsewhere though haha

Hahaha, I don't disagree with any of this. I'm just hoping the justification wasn't "But didn't you see where Eakins had them for the first half of the season?!".
Salzy a aimé ceci.
18 avr. 2022 à 15 h 3
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,002
Detroit accepts but if you're walking Kapanen we'll take him too.
18 avr. 2022 à 15 h 27
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 4,483
Detroit accepts, And it's doubtful that Forsberg takes anything less then $9,000,000 on the open market.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage