Créé par: Ledge_And_Dairy
Équipe: 2021-22 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 1 mars 2022
Publié: 1 mars 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
*Disclaimer*
This roster is banking entirely on Campbell figuring his stuff out again

Last year Anders Lee was placed on LTIR around a month before the TDL and stayed there until the post-season where he was expected to play but the Islanders got eliminated first. At the trade deadline NYI used that newly available LTIR cap space to add Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac, and Braydon Coburn.

Similarly Toronto has placed Muzzin on LTIR for the foreseeable future and can also make use of his provided available cap space. However I am making a bit more "big moves" here.

Here is a breakdown of the trades and my though process

New Jersey:
First off moving on from Holl is probably a must at this point. He's a serviceable #5 that can fill in for a top 4 role if needed but he cannot be a mainstay on any team trying to contend. On a secondary note, you can't just move on from him without a suitable replacement either. Severson is a proven top 4 RD with an excellent defensive game (yes Leafs fans, he is excellent defensively even though the 2 games you watched him play he did not look good). He can move the puck well and kills penalties.
He won't be cheap though as I have Jersey retaining 50% of his remaining 2 years here. I feel like if Jersey is selling their multi year top 4 RD they would want a good RD prospect coming back as well as Holl working as a stopgap here for them.

Someone Like DeMelo could also work here but I find it very unlikely that Winnipeg will retain on him even if made available

Arizona:
I saw a similar proposal recently that was in response to the Washington game last night where (similarly to the Calgary game not long ago) Toronto just got ragdolled around at points. This is likely something that needs to be addressed for the playoffs. I think Crouse would fit that perfectly, he's a proven powerhouse of a forward that is massive, hits a lot, and is not afraid to get scrummy or stand up for his team. He also helps fill that question mark on Toronto's LW depth.
Again, similar to Severson he won't be cheap since he's a pending RFA. I think Arizona would have extended interest in local kid Matthew Knies to be part of a deal here.

Seattle:
I think Gio is the perfect short term replacement for Muzzin here. Proven leader with an excellent 2-way game. Only a rental so you don't have to worry about his age. Excellent PKer and solid on the PP with a bomb of a shot. Hard working and always engaged. Not afraid to get scrummy after the whistle. Proven chemistry with Brodie. Likely wants to chase a cup
List just goes on and on here.
I think Toronto should use what remaining cap space they have after addressing other needs to acquire him. If Muzzin returns then he can be moved down to the 3rd pair with either Lyubushkin, Sandin, Liljegren, or Dermott and that is some really respectable defensive depth.
Transactions
TOR
  1. Severson, Damon (2 083 333 $ retained)
NJD
  1. Holl, Justin
  2. Niemelä, Topi [Liste de réserve]
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (TOR)
ARI
  1. Knies, Matthew [Liste de réserve]
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (TOR)
TOR
  1. Giordano, Mark (1 687 500 $ retained)
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (SEA)
SEA
  1. Robertson, Nicholas
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (TOR)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de SEA
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $77 948 949 $0 $0 $3 551 051 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
950 000 $950 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 3
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 3
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
1 533 333 $1 533 333 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 4
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
1 645 000 $1 645 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 3
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Kraken de Seattle
1 687 500 $1 687 500 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
2 083 333 $2 083 333 $
DD
UFA - 2
3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 3
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
1 mars 2022 à 22 h 59
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,745
@MrDinkiee thoughts?
1 mars 2022 à 23 h 8
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 554
Wow, talk about emptying the system. Not only N.Robertson, a 2022 1st and 2nd, and a ‘23 2nd. But Topi Niemela and M.Knies too.

I think they could get a lot more for Knies and a 2nd.

And a lot more for Niemela and a 1st.

I think the Giordano trade works though. Probably a prospect and a 2nd is right with them retaining some salary too. And giving back a high 4th rounder.
MatthewsFan et palhal a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2022 à 23 h 15
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 36
Severson is not excellent defensively. He's good, but not excellent. It's his offense and puck moving ability that make him the player he is.
1 mars 2022 à 23 h 41
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,097
I like it but man is it a tough pill to swallow lul. Like I dont think Niemela is being traded period so probs switch him for Robertson

Crouse I believe is not for sale as apparently Arizona wants to keep him along with that goalie Vajmelka or something...

Anyways pretty interesting

That Dcore especially once Muzzin comes back is scary

As you got

Puck moving machines in Rielly-Brodie

A mix of both worlds in Gio-Severson

And a Shutdown pair in Muzzin-Lybushkin
Ledge_And_Dairy a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2022 à 23 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: aadoyle
I like it but man is it a tough pill to swallow lul. Like I dont think Niemela is being traded period so probs switch him for Robertson

Crouse I believe is not for sale as apparently Arizona wants to keep him along with that goalie Vajmelka or something...

Anyways pretty interesting

That Dcore especially once Muzzin comes back is scary

As you got

Puck moving machines in Rielly-Brodie

A mix of both worlds in Gio-Severson

And a Shutdown pair in Muzzin-Lybushkin

Oh for sure, that is one hell of a pill to swallow. It even hurt me when making it, just felt like so much to send out. I feel like no team should have to add this much but it does feel like Toronto has some really frustrating holes
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2022 à 23 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: LetsGoPens69
Wow, talk about emptying the system. Not only N.Robertson, a 2022 1st and 2nd, and a ‘23 2nd. But Topi Niemela and M.Knies too.

I think they could get a lot more for Knies and a 2nd.

And a lot more for Niemela and a 1st.

I think the Giordano trade works though. Probably a prospect and a 2nd is right with them retaining some salary too. And giving back a high 4th rounder.

I think you are overrating prospects vs proven players here. 1.5 years of Severson at just over 2M is really good and he's a massive upgrade on Holl in the top 4. 1.5+ years of Cruse is worth a lot, he is an effective player that provides a much needed grit that a lot of teams would want.

Don't get me wrong though, I don't expect a deadline like this. BrisBois may have the balls to go all in like this but most GM's dont. I do think the Gio trade is a legitimate thing that could happen though
2 mars 2022 à 0 h 1
Modifié 2 mars 2022 à 0 h 18
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
I think you are overrating prospects vs proven players here. 1.5 years of Severson at just over 2M is really good and he's a massive upgrade on Holl in the top 4. 1.5+ years of Cruse is worth a lot, he is an effective player that provides a much needed grit that a lot of teams would want.

I understand what NHL teams pay for young, proven NHL players.

And I understand what top 100 prospect plus 1st and 2nd round picks go for as well. And all 3 of M.Knies, Topi Niemela, and Nic Robertson are top 100 prospects.

Nic Robertson has been a top 100 prospect for acouple years. And close to NHL ready.

Topi Niemela is one of the best offensive D-man prospects(actually 2-way D-man prospect). And he’s Right-Handed. Killed it in WJ’s and for Liiga. Climbed up all the prospects rankings and still climbing.

Knies had one of the best freshman’s college hockey seasons in recent memory.

I bet Knies and Niemela are top 50 prospects. And Nic Robertson has been top 50 prospect for the past 2-3 years(although I’m not as high on him).

If all 3 drafts were done over, all 3 would be 1st round picks.

Be like trading C.Zary, M.Coronato and J.Pelletier(plus a 1st and two 2nd) for Crouse, Severson and Giordano.
palhal a aimé ceci.
2 mars 2022 à 0 h 20
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,911
Holl has a very good game last night....Is Severson really that much of an upgrade? Gee in his two games against the Leafs he was among the worse Dmen on the ice.
Yeah, Crouse is nice, but really he doesn't add much that Leafs don't already have at left wing.
Find it hard to believe that any team would trade two top prospects, a 1st and 2nd rounder and 20 minute a night RHD for Crouse and Severson. But for some reason the Leafs have to overpay for positions for marginal help if at all.
Giordano might be the best add possible.
2 mars 2022 à 0 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: palhal
Holl has a very good game last night....Is Severson really that much of an upgrade? Gee in his two games against the Leafs he was among the worse Dmen on the ice.
Yeah, Crouse is nice, but really he doesn't add much that Leafs don't already have at left wing.
Find it hard to believe that any team would trade two top prospects, a 1st and 2nd rounder and 20 minute a night RHD for Crouse and Severson. But for some reason the Leafs have to overpay for positions for marginal help if at all.
Giordano might be the best add possible.

Holl has had 1 good game, and yes Severson is a clear upgrade, I feel like we've been over this. 2 games does not define a player.
Crouse adds a Wilson-lite package. He's pretty solid 2-way, cheap, hits a lot and hard, and will fight. Toronto doesn't have anyone that can do that, and that was evident in the Calgary and Washington games.
I completely understand finding it hard to believe that they would pay this much, I don't expect them to. (Severson is also retained here for the rest of this year and next)
It's not about the Leafs specifically being a team overpaying, I am just trying to address what I consider the holes on the roster.
2 mars 2022 à 0 h 33
Démarrer sujet
I understand what NHL teams pay for young, proven NHL players.

And I understand what top 100 prospect plus 1st and 2nd round picks go for as well. And all 3 of M.Knies, Topi Niemela, and Nic Robertson are top 100 prospects.

Nic Robertson has been a top 100 prospect for acouple years. And close to NHL ready.

Topi Niemela is one of the best offensive D-man prospects(actually 2-way D-man prospect). And he’s Right-Handed. Killed it in WJ’s and for Liiga. Climbed up all the prospects rankings and still climbing.

Knies had one of the best freshman’s college hockey seasons in recent memory.

I bet Knies and Niemela are top 50 prospects. And Nic Robertson has been top 50 prospect for the past 2-3 years(although I’m not as high on him).

If all 3 drafts were done over, all 3 would be 1st round picks.

Be like trading C.Zary, M.Coronato and J.Pelletier(plus a 1st and two 2nd) for Crouse, Severson and Giordano.

Coronato is more along the lines of Amirov who I did not include here.
I would rank Pelletier about the same but a bit above Robertson.
Zary and Knies might be similar value but I think most people would choose Zary between the 2 without question.

I understand your point but it's not a great comparison. As for the value, it all depends on what teams need. Calgary doesn't need any of those players, if anything they need an upgrade on Monahan.

I see it like this. Tampa traded the equivalent of 3 1st rounders for 2 cheap 3rd liners with 1.5 years of term. Those trades were key factors in their back to back cups.
2 mars 2022 à 0 h 36
Modifié 2 mars 2022 à 0 h 46
Coronato is more along the lines of Amirov who I did not include here.
I would rank Pelletier about the same but a bit above Robertson.
Zary and Knies might be similar value but I think most people would choose Zary between the 2 without question.

I understand your point but it's not a great comparison

TopiNiemela = Zary. Neimela is a RHD. Very valuable. Top 50 prospect and climbing.

Coronado = Knies. Again, Knies had one of the best freshman’s seasons in recent memory. Would be a top 15 pick if the draft was re-done.

Pelliter= Robertson.

**Just use this list as comparison, although I don’t always agree with Hockey writers articles. It’s a mid-season, 2022, top prospect list. They are all similar. They wouldn’t be too far off from any other rankings.

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-top-100-prospects-ranking/

Coronado -55th, Knies-54th
Pelletier- 44th, Neimela-29th
C.Zary-39th, N.Robertson-20th.

Plus add a 1st round pick and two 2nd..lol.
2 mars 2022 à 0 h 39
Démarrer sujet
TopiNiemela = Zary. Neimela is a RHD. Very valuable. Top 50 prospect and climbing.

Coronado = Knies( again Knies had one of the best freshman’s seasons in recent memory). Would be a top 15 pick if the draft was re-done.

Pelliter= Robertson.

Plus add a 1st round pick and two 2nd.

Would you say Knies = Amirov then?
2 mars 2022 à 0 h 49
Would you say Knies = Amirov then?

Yep, Knies and Neimela will be Toronoto’s top prospects on any upcoming reports/list.

**Just use this list as comparison, although I don’t always agree with Hockey writers articles. It’s a mid-season, 2022, top prospect list. They are all similar. They wouldn’t be too far off from any other rankings.

Edit****

https://editorinleaf.com/2022/02/10/toronto-maple-leafs-prospect-pool/

2 weeks ago report.
2 mars 2022 à 0 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Yep, Knies and Neimela will be Toronoto’s top prospects on any upcoming reports/list.

https://editorinleaf.com/2022/02/10/toronto-maple-leafs-prospect-pool/

2 weeks ago report.

That list is written by a Leafs reporter, the fact that Pelletier while being arguably the top forward prospect in the AHL is 44th and Robertson is 20th is some relatively clear bias.
2 mars 2022 à 0 h 53
Modifié 2 mars 2022 à 1 h 0
That list is written by a Leafs reporter, the fact that Pelletier while being arguably the top forward prospect in the AHL is 44th and Robertson is 20th is some relatively clear bias.

No it’s not.

The hockey writers list is a top 100 prospect list. Mid season 2022.
2 mars 2022 à 0 h 55
Démarrer sujet
No it’s not. The hockey writers list is a top 100 prospect list.

That doesn't change who wrote this specific list, Baracchini is almost strictly a Leafs reporter
2 mars 2022 à 0 h 56
Modifié 2 mars 2022 à 1 h 2
That doesn't change who wrote this specific list, Baracchini is almost strictly a Leafs reporter

2 different things. You ask Amorov=knies. I replied “any Leaf’s report will even rank Knies ahead of Amirov”. So I edited and posted a leafs report for their teams top prospects.

The hockey writers list is a top 100 prospects in the NHL.
2 mars 2022 à 0 h 59
Démarrer sujet
2 different things. You ask Amorov=knies. I replied “any Leaf’s reported will even rank Knies ahead of Amirov”. So I edited and posted a leafs reporters list for their teams top prospects.

The hockey writers list is a top 100 prospects in the NHL. Not written by leafs reporter.

Ok sure, if you want to rank Knies above Amirov that's fine.

I don't get how its confusing to you that Baracchini is a leafs reporter. You can literally click on his name and see what articles he writes. He wrote that top 100 list, he does not nod all the top 100 lists
2 mars 2022 à 1 h 2
Ok sure, if you want to rank Knies above Amirov that's fine.

I don't get how its confusing to you that Baracchini is a leafs reporter. You can literally click on his name and see what articles he writes. He wrote that top 100 list, he does not nod all the top 100 lists

Either way.

Knies= Coronado

Neimela= Zary

Robertson= Pelletier
2 mars 2022 à 1 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Either way.

Knies= Coronado

Neimela= Zary

Robertson= Pelletier

Agree to disagree then
2 mars 2022 à 1 h 7
Agree to disagree then

They are even close as far as NHL readiness too. Zary maybe alittle ahead of Niemela. Just b/c Niemela is in Liiga and not on US ice yet.

But If that draft was done over; Niemela would be drafted ahead of Zary. Niemela is leading Liiga in scoring and is a RHD.

2022 draft done over. Knies would be a top 15 pick as well.

Pelletier and Robertson even have the same knock; their size.
2 mars 2022 à 1 h 25
Démarrer sujet
They are even close as far as NHL readiness too. Zary maybe alittle ahead of Niemela. Just b/c Niemela is in Liiga and not on US ice yet.

But If that draft was done over; Niemela would be drafted ahead of Zary. Niemela is leading Liiga in scoring and is a RHD.

That is merely your own opinion. The Athletic did a redraft for 2020 and had Zary at 22nd and Niemela at 34th

Niemela isn't leading Liiga in scoring he is 34th (32 in pts/g) league wide, 5th amoung defensemen, and 4th on his own team.

2022 draft done over. Knies would be a top 15 pick as well.

This is just pure bias from you, far too early to hold any legitimacy. Top 15 is troll af, this is like when all the Leafs fans were saying "Robertson would have gone top 10 in a redraft" 2 years ago.

I am not saying Toronto's prospects are bad, on the contrary they are quite solid. But you have some crazy bias takes here
2 mars 2022 à 8 h 52
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 459
MrDinkiee thoughts?

I can't see Knies moving as well as Niemela, teams have been apparently calling on those two prospects and EF confirmed that Dubas isn't moving them
2 mars 2022 à 8 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: MrDinkiee
I can't see Knies moving

That seems to be a consensus among leafs fans. To me he is just the new shiny toy, like Robertson was 2 years ago. Good prospect just has a boatload of hype around him right now.
2 mars 2022 à 8 h 57
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 459
That seems to be a consensus among leafs fans. To me he is just the new shiny toy, like Robertson was 2 years ago. Good prospect just has a boatload of hype around him right now.

I updated my post, but I agree there was hype around Robertson, but the concern was his size. Matthew Knies is a power forward in the making, he has size and the physicality, he played against adults (Olympics), and Robertson hasn't during his development

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage