Forums/Armchair-GM

Embracing the Elderly

Créé par: Chigurrhh
Équipe: 2021-22 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 14 févr. 2022
Publié: 14 févr. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Getting rid of Kapanen and Pettersson clears up cap space and room for next year's UFA extensions. POJ can play in Pettersson's spot next year.

Giordano and Pavelski are upgrades for this year.
Transactions
PIT
  1. Giordano, Mark (3 000 000 $ retained)
SEA
  1. Légaré, Nathan
  2. Pettersson, Marcus
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (PIT)
PIT
  1. Pavelski, Joe (3 500 000 $ retained)
DAL
  1. Kapanen, Kasperi
  2. Poulin, Samuel
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (PIT)
  4. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (PIT)
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de TOR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $76 528 031 $0 $0 $4 971 969 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Stars de Dallas
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
2 636 364 $2 636 364 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
1 725 000 $1 725 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 2
Logo de Kraken de Seattle
375 000 $375 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
750 000 $750 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
14 févr. 2022 à 22 h 9
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,456
If I'm Dallas I'd look for better prospects. Moving Pavelski means we're going to retool, and thus far it doesn't seem likely that either Kappy or Poulin is ever going to be better than a third line winger.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
14 févr. 2022 à 22 h 13
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,465
The other night against the Devils, Carter took a puck off the side of his face. And didn’t even flinch.

One benefit of the old farts is that their pain thresholds increase with age.
Chigurrhh a aimé ceci.
14 févr. 2022 à 22 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Chiggy
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 590
Quoting: justaBoss
If I'm Dallas I'd look for better prospects. Moving Pavelski means we're going to retool, and thus far it doesn't seem likely that either Kappy or Poulin is ever going to be better than a third line winger.

If I'm Dallas I'd want more too but it's all going to depend on the market. Is a team like Colorado (linked to Giroux) willing to buy multiple expensive players?

Most teams aren't really willing to give up top-line blue-chip prospects at the deadline. The Fillip Forsberg trade is a good example of why.
14 févr. 2022 à 22 h 23
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,456
Quoting: Chigurrhh
If I'm Dallas I'd want more too but it's all going to depend on the market. Is a team like Colorado (linked to Giroux) willing to buy multiple expensive players?

Most teams aren't really willing to give up top-line blue-chip prospects at the deadline. The Fillip Forsberg trade is a good example of why.

In general I agree, although the Forsberg example is a bad one considering Erat who he was traded basically 1-on-1 to had scored 21 points in 36 games, which is a far cry from Pavelski's 48 points in 46 games.

Pavelski is literally a top5, maybe even top3 player of his position in the entire league with elite stats both offensively and defensively, too.

In a slightly more offensive environment and not so slow start the guy could be in the race for Art Ross, Hart and Selke trophies this year.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
14 févr. 2022 à 22 h 40
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,440
I’d agree pavs is an upgrade over Kappy, however I’ll disagree that Gio is an upgrade over Pettersson.
14 févr. 2022 à 22 h 46
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Those trades are awful for pit.
Pavs is going to control his future. He's not going to just any team. Why would a 37 year old go to a team that's probably out in round 1 or 2.

That means this list is much shorter. Most of those teams have 0 cap, aka VGK, TB, etc...
The return on him won't be high, and I wouldn't expect the pens to give up more than what they gave up for Carter.
14 févr. 2022 à 22 h 48
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,123
my man is out here collecting all the olds and can't find a 7th D spot for zdeno chara???
Chigurrhh et Chigurrhh a aimé ceci.
14 févr. 2022 à 22 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Chiggy
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
my man is out here collecting all the olds and can't find a 7th D spot for zdeno chara???

Fair. But is Lou going to make a trade with the Penguins?

If we need more olds, I'm sure Eric Staal can be had after the Olympics.
dannibalcorpse a aimé ceci.
14 févr. 2022 à 23 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Chiggy
Modifié 14 févr. 2022 à 23 h 27
Quoting: pharrow
Those trades are awful for pit.
Pavs is going to control his future. He's not going to just any team. Why would a 37 year old go to a team that's probably out in round 1 or 2.

That means this list is much shorter. Most of those teams have 0 cap, aka VGK, TB, etc...
The return on him won't be high, and I wouldn't expect the pens to give up more than what they gave up for Carter.

Pavelski, this season, is over a point per game player and a great play driver. Carter was a sub .5 PPG player with bad underlying numbers in LA. How can you possibly think those values would be similar? That's just insane.

Also, every playoff team is more likely than not, going to be out by round 1 or 2. That's how the math works.
15 févr. 2022 à 3 h 15
Banni
Pavelski, this season, is over a point per game player and a great play driver. Carter was a sub .5 PPG player with bad underlying numbers in LA. How can you possibly think those values would be similar? That's just insane.

Also, every playoff team is more likely than not, going to be out by round 1 or 2. That's how the math works.

1st, it's not about what your PPG is, it's about what the options are. Demand creates value.
2nd He controls that path. Honestly, We can both look at playoff brackets and pick teams that have better "math" of making it to the 2nd round. That's how Vegas works.
So you end up with a guy who is 37. really think he's going to ANA or LA?
I'm pretty sure at 37 with no cup, the only reason for him to join in a playoff run is to have a high chance of success. Otherwise what is the point. Play 2 weeks and go home. He doesn't need to make that kind of move at 37.
So you can limit that move to a hand full of teams. A lot of them are close to the cap if not over. Which is bringing down the demand market.
So this idea there is going to be a huge bidding was driving up the price on a 37 year old, is insane. especially from a Pens team that is openly saying, 1sn and 2nd off the table and prospect pool off limits.
How many teams do you really think are out there at this point making those kind of offers above on a 37 year old rental. Talk about insane.
Even CGY didn't pay that much for a younger player scoring a lot of goals with 3 playoff years worth of term.
So lets be more open and honest about what an expected value is here. I don't think you're going to see what you think you are going to see here.
I'd say if you look at the best teams in every division right now. TB no cap, VGK no cap, COL, little cap, but they have other options, CAR again little cap space.
These aren't exactly the building blocks of great demand on a guy. What are you're next to teams there. PIT, doesn't want to give anything up, FL. ok maybe.
That's really it. You look at the west, maybe CGY, but they have no cap. MIN is a young team, lost of players under 25, don't see them making that kind of move and paying a lot.
I'm sorry, I just don't see the market here that's going to give something like that up.
Fact is there are a handful of teams I think he'd really consider that can actually afford him in the cap. I think the choice is going to be his if he wants it, and I don't think they are gong to pay anything close to what you think for it. It's a buyers market.
15 févr. 2022 à 3 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Chiggy
Modifié 15 févr. 2022 à 3 h 42
1st, it's not about what your PPG is, it's about what the options are. Demand creates value.
2nd He controls that path. Honestly, We can both look at playoff brackets and pick teams that have better "math" of making it to the 2nd round. That's how Vegas works.
So you end up with a guy who is 37. really think he's going to ANA or LA?
I'm pretty sure at 37 with no cup, the only reason for him to join in a playoff run is to have a high chance of success. Otherwise what is the point. Play 2 weeks and go home. He doesn't need to make that kind of move at 37.
So you can limit that move to a hand full of teams. A lot of them are close to the cap if not over. Which is bringing down the demand market.
So this idea there is going to be a huge bidding was driving up the price on a 37 year old, is insane. especially from a Pens team that is openly saying, 1sn and 2nd off the table and prospect pool off limits.
How many teams do you really think are out there at this point making those kind of offers above on a 37 year old rental. Talk about insane.
Even CGY didn't pay that much for a younger player scoring a lot of goals with 3 playoff years worth of term.
So lets be more open and honest about what an expected value is here. I don't think you're going to see what you think you are going to see here.
I'd say if you look at the best teams in every division right now. TB no cap, VGK no cap, COL, little cap, but they have other options, CAR again little cap space.
These aren't exactly the building blocks of great demand on a guy. What are you're next to teams there. PIT, doesn't want to give anything up, FL. ok maybe.
That's really it. You look at the west, maybe CGY, but they have no cap. MIN is a young team, lost of players under 25, don't see them making that kind of move and paying a lot.
I'm sorry, I just don't see the market here that's going to give something like that up.
Fact is there are a handful of teams I think he'd really consider that can actually afford him in the cap. I think the choice is going to be his if he wants it, and I don't think they are gong to pay anything close to what you think for it. It's a buyers market.

Every single year there is a player with a high cap hit, high production, and trade protection. Every year they go for a first+ and teams find ways to fit them in the cap either by trading away players or getting multiple teams to retain. Every single year there are teams at the cap that make these moves. Every year, we see older players without cups, go to playoff teams and chase cups.

Vegas also had "No cap" when they acquired Eichel. Didn't seem to stop them. Last season, both Tampa and Toronto got third teams involved in trades to end up with only 25% of the player's cap hit. Every single team you listed with "no cap" has a contract or two they wouldn't mind trading. Many of them will have players injured by the time the deadline comes. Every year, it seems like there are only going to be a few teams buying in February, and then at the deadline, every playoff team adds players.

It's like you are intentionally ignoring all of this to come to your conclusion.

A carter-like return is insanely low for one of the best players in the league this year, and I'm pretty sure you know that.
EsoYeezus69 et justaBoss a aimé ceci.
15 févr. 2022 à 3 h 54
Banni
Every single year there is a player with a high cap hit, high production, and trade protection. Every year they go for a first+ and teams find ways to fit them in the cap either by trading away players or getting multiple teams to retain. Every single year there are teams at the cap that make these moves.

Vegas also had "No cap" when they acquired Eichel. Didn't seem to stop them. Last season, both Tampa and Toronto got third teams involved in trades to end up with only 25% of the player's cap hit. Every single team you listed with "no cap" has a contract or two they wouldn't mind trading. Many of them will have players injured by the time the deadline comes. Every year, it seems like there are only going to be a few teams buying in February, and then at the deadline, every playoff team adds players.

It's like you are intentionally ignoring all of this to come to your conclusion.

A carter-like return is insanely low, and I'm pretty sure you know that.

it really is not.
You can say the exact opposite of everything you just said.
Did you listen to Burke talk about trading?
He was blunt, trading away 1sts doesn't make sense for teams. He said that, openly. This is the view of the NHL today. Less and less teams are willing to make that move on a rental.
When it does happen, it's instantly a poor move, Foglino last year. Teams are more and more conscious of this. Deals including 1sts are deals with term on players more and more.
That is the trend of the NHL.
You can say every team there wants to make a move. Every move you make drives up the cost. Does DAL really want to take back bad cap especially if it's with term?
These teams really don't have a ton of cap space. A lot of teams aren't really looking to be involved in retaining. Look at AZ, everyone pins them as a retaining team, but AZ would rather retain and dump Kessel.
This is really a question in the end for supply and demand. We can look at the teams you are talking about there who actually can open up space. TOR is a good example, sure TOR can open up space, but are they going to go after Pavs, who I don't think would play for TOR to be honest, OR are they going to go after defense?
CGY made their move already. VGK did too. TB who are they moving out, look at the roster there and tell me? That's a joke to think TB is moving a player out. COL probably not trading with DAL.
CAR, FL, maybe PIT. Those are your real options. PIT openly said, they aren't paying that. You got two teams there. CAR and FL. CAR doesn't really have a bad player to move, maybe Staal but he's the kind of guy you want for the playoffs. And DAL would have to carry that cap next year. So you got FL who could move out Hornqvist, but they too are probably looking at defense.

Down the line here. The demand is not what you think it is. What is available on the market is also strong. He's not getting the return you want him to. I'm pretty sure you can realize that.
15 févr. 2022 à 12 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Chiggy
Modifié 15 févr. 2022 à 12 h 35
it really is not.
You can say the exact opposite of everything you just said.
Did you listen to Burke talk about trading?
He was blunt, trading away 1sts doesn't make sense for teams. He said that, openly. This is the view of the NHL today. Less and less teams are willing to make that move on a rental.
When it does happen, it's instantly a poor move, Foglino last year. Teams are more and more conscious of this. Deals including 1sts are deals with term on players more and more.
That is the trend of the NHL.
You can say every team there wants to make a move. Every move you make drives up the cost. Does DAL really want to take back bad cap especially if it's with term?
These teams really don't have a ton of cap space. A lot of teams aren't really looking to be involved in retaining. Look at AZ, everyone pins them as a retaining team, but AZ would rather retain and dump Kessel.
This is really a question in the end for supply and demand. We can look at the teams you are talking about there who actually can open up space. TOR is a good example, sure TOR can open up space, but are they going to go after Pavs, who I don't think would play for TOR to be honest, OR are they going to go after defense?
CGY made their move already. VGK did too. TB who are they moving out, look at the roster there and tell me? That's a joke to think TB is moving a player out. COL probably not trading with DAL.
CAR, FL, maybe PIT. Those are your real options. PIT openly said, they aren't paying that. You got two teams there. CAR and FL. CAR doesn't really have a bad player to move, maybe Staal but he's the kind of guy you want for the playoffs. And DAL would have to carry that cap next year. So you got FL who could move out Hornqvist, but they too are probably looking at defense.

Down the line here. The demand is not what you think it is. What is available on the market is also strong. He's not getting the return you want him to. I'm pretty sure you can realize that.

Every year Burke would complain about the deadline having too many trades. Yet, it would still happen and then he would complain about it.

Arizona only has one retention spot left (which will be Kessel when he's traded). They are already retaining on OEL and Kuemper. Arizona isn't the team to look for in these deals. The thing is though that playoff lines are more clear this year than most. The East is already decided. The Sabres, Ducks, Red Wings, Blue Jackets, Devils, and Kraken are all out of the playoffs and have plenty of cap space to to use in deals. Nashville will make the playoffs and still have cap room to make one of these deals and get assets.

CGY is by all accounts, going to make another move. So the notion that one move and they are done is silly.

Who would Vegas move out? Every time they have the chance, they move out roster players and try to upgrade. Tuch in the Eichel trade. Schmidt after getting Pietrangelo. In this case, Dadonov is simply not as good as Pavelski, Giroux, etc, and is a contract they would be willing to move.

Tampa? They can just LTIR it again to make room for someone. There are a ton of cap moves that teams can make to add to their teams. Don't buy for one second the "we don't have cap room excuse." Even in the Penguins case, Zucker has been injured all season and just had core muscle surgery. They could easily keep him on LTIR until the playoffs.
15 févr. 2022 à 12 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Chiggy
16 févr. 2022 à 2 h 51
Banni
Every year Burke would complain about the deadline having too many trades. Yet, it would still happen and then he would complain about it.

Arizona only has one retention spot left (which will be Kessel when he's traded). They are already retaining on OEL and Kuemper. Arizona isn't the team to look for in these deals. The thing is though that playoff lines are more clear this year than most. The East is already decided. The Sabres, Ducks, Red Wings, Blue Jackets, Devils, and Kraken are all out of the playoffs and have plenty of cap space to to use in deals. Nashville will make the playoffs and still have cap room to make one of these deals and get assets.

CGY is by all accounts, going to make another move. So the notion that one move and they are done is silly.

Who would Vegas move out? Every time they have the chance, they move out roster players and try to upgrade. Tuch in the Eichel trade. Schmidt after getting Pietrangelo. In this case, Dadonov is simply not as good as Pavelski, Giroux, etc, and is a contract they would be willing to move.

Tampa? They can just LTIR it again to make room for someone. There are a ton of cap moves that teams can make to add to their teams. Don't buy for one second the "we don't have cap room excuse." Even in the Penguins case, Zucker has been injured all season and just had core muscle surgery. They could easily keep him on LTIR until the playoffs.

everything you just said here is a stretch.
VGK and CGY their 1st round picks are already gone this year.
TB will just LTIR come on man, do better than that.
You say NSH. they might as well be in the same boat as BOS or WSH. Only there due to the fact that the rest of the division is that bad. They are 2 games ahead and 12 points back from the top of the division.
They got games ahead of every team in that division and are in 4th place. Come on. They aren't trading futures with a team that is just mediocre at best.
It is clearly not their year.

You are hoping and praying here. None of what you are putting forth is really representative of what the market really is. I'm trying to have an honest conversation about that but you're not really up for that.
Supply > Demand on the market today. Because of the massive imbalances and the cap positions of the teams who are likely to make moves. On top of it, you are talking about an asset that doesn't really need to go to a team that they know is going nowhere. Much like CG in PHL. Don't expect him leaving PHL unless he think's he's getting a real shot at a cup, Those chances due to the cap realities of teams and what they are really willing to give up is not much.
You just don't want to come to that realization. Even though the trend over the years has shown what I'm saying here to be true. CGY trade is an example of that, yeah they moved a 1st out etc.... but they got a guy for 3 years.
Teams just aren't paying for rentals like you think, and they just aren't rushing out to pay an arm and a leg for Pavs.
There maybe 2 teams he's actually capable of going to. Both know that. Both know they have a lot of other options too.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage