SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Discussion Thread #10 - Happy New Year!

10 janv. 2022 à 9 h 9
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,746
Quoting: Db1899
The refs from the blues/stars game deserve to be put in jail

I missed the game and can't get a straight answer other than "Stars fans angry, stars fans salty". What happened?
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2022 à 9 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
I missed the game and can't get a straight answer other than "Stars fans angry, stars fans salty". What happened?

I love that the stars equipment manager brought out a stick for the coach at the end of the game to smack things with😂
10 janv. 2022 à 9 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Let's say each team in the NHL was forced to trade all their current assets, (players/picks). To another team but the management stayed the same, how would you rank each NHL organizations assets. I got it started. Each person quote me, delete my comments above and add to the list

#1 Colorado
#2 Carolina
#3 Florida
#31 Seattle
#32 Arizona
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 2
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Modifié 10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 12

That’s probably coming from Blues fans, some of them are the worst in the league.

Here is what I found:

So basically in short: Heiskanen’s stick gets held down by Schenn which in result should’ve been a penalty, but wasn’t and out of rage Heiskanen slashes someone and gets a penalty, all of this resulted in 2 goals against which made us lose the game.

Refs in St Louis are probably the most bias refs in the entire universe (100% serious), they pretty much handed them the cup in 2019, and obviously are still doing the same bs. That’s why the Blues are probably my least favourite team, they can all go rot in hell for what I care.

Edit: also during the time where Schenn held his stick, Buch tripped him, which should’ve resulted in a 5-3 for the Stars, but instead was a 5-4 for the Blues, refs bought them the game and it’s really obvious.

Double edit: after Heiskanen’s slash on Kyrou, it resulted in the stick breaking and he still played the puck with it (which is illegal), so in the end there should’ve been 3 calls on the Blues, but none were made, and there should’ve been 1 call on the Stars and for sure it was made.
justaBoss, A_Habs_fan, MitchMarner_16 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 8
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN

#1 Colorado
#2a Carolina
#2b Florida
#4 Tampa Bay
#5 Toronto
#6 NYR
#7 Vegas
#8 Detroit
#9 Edmonton
#10 Boston

I'll come back and do the rest later, but I think it gets quite tough outside of the first couple.

#31 Arizona
#32 Seattle

^ My List ^
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 9
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,946
Quoting: Devil1122

Kings make the most sense imo

Ducks shouldn't trade for him imo. Same reasons I didn't want them to trade for Eichel. They don't have the kind of depth of good prospects the Kings have and they also aren't good enough yet. They should be sellers not buyers.

Why are they likely losing Lindholm to UFA? Right now it seems just as likely that he stays.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 10
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
That’s probably coming from Blues fans, some of them are the worst in the league.

Here is what I found:

So basically in short: Heiskanen’s stick gets held down by Schenn which in result should’ve been a penalty, but wasn’t and out of rage Heiskanen slashes someone and gets a penalty, all of this resulted in 2 goals against which made us lose the game.

Refs in St Louis are probably the most bias refs in the entire universe (100% serious), they pretty much handed them the cup in 2019, and obviously are still doing the same bs. That’s why the Blues are probably my least favourite team, they can all go rot in hell for what I care.

Yikes, horrid missed call. I think there is a share of blame to Heiskanen, as he has to keep his composure, but I would definitely say the large share of the blame goes to officiating. Haven't seen much more of a blatant miss this year, outside of a puck hitting the netting above the glass in WSH vs PIT.
EsoYeezus69, justaBoss et TZ11 a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 12
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: TZ11
Ducks shouldn't trade for him imo. Same reasons I didn't want them to trade for Eichel. They don't have the kind of depth of good prospects the Kings have and they also aren't good enough yet. They should be sellers not buyers.

Why are they likely losing Lindholm to UFA? Right now it seems just as likely that he stays.

Maybe saving cap for Zegras and Drysdale? If they are going to lose Lindholm I would assume they trade him right?
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 17
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,946
Maybe saving cap for Zegras and Drysdale? If they are going to lose Lindholm I would assume they trade him right?

Yeah, everything else would be kinda dumb. They should talk to him about his contract and then see what he wants. If cap and term are far higher than what the Ducks had in mind, trade him. If it's a solid cap and a good term, sign him to that contract right then and there. Don't let him hit free agency. The Ducks are in a pretty good cap situation (depending on what happens to the UFA's this summer), but they'll have to sign Drysdale, Zegras, Terry and Comtois all in the same summer (2023=.
NoVaSpartan a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 20
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,168
Keep him as the starter. He has his struggles at times but also seems to get far less help from his defense from night to night than Vanecek does. His upside, as shown from his earlier season form, is far greater than Vitek and should be locked down this year. I'm hoping for a 4.5 x 5 type deal, since Demko got a 5 x 5 and Samsonov is worth slightly less. Capitals fans are far too critical (and many still nostalgic and angry that Holtby is gone) on Samsonov, but he's got some great talent.

Edit: I would consider keeping Vanacek and going with a tandem since we know Samsonov can have his struggles, and Vanacek is a good enough option to lean on more if Samsonov struggles. If Vitek must be traded, I would look for a backup like Reimer, someone who in my opinion is a good backup and is capable of starting for short stints for when another goalie struggles.

I was thinking keeping sammy and trading vitek for holtby one for one for the playoffs
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 25
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,467

Here is what I found:

Edit: also during the time where Schenn held his stick, Buch tripped him, which should’ve resulted in a 5-3 for the Stars, but instead was a 5-4 for the Blues, refs bought them the game and it’s really obvious.

Double edit: after Heiskanen’s slash on Kyrou, it resulted in the stick breaking and he still played the puck with it (which is illegal), so in the end there should’ve been 3 calls on the Blues, but none were made, and there should’ve been 1 call on the Stars and for sure it was made.

Have been out of twitter for today so I was living in blissful ignorance until I saw this clip.

Now I'm mad.

F*ck the Blues and f*ck those refs. F*cking incompetent clowns.
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 27
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: capsfan2121
I was thinking keeping sammy and trading vitek for holtby one for one for the playoffs

I'm not a fan. Vitek is younger and cheaper, and while Holtby started off well, he's cooled down recently and I don't have confidence in his long term success. a move like that would just be meaningless fanservice, instead of a decent upgrade.
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 31
Tintin over 1122
I'm not a fan. Vitek is younger and cheaper, and while Holtby started off well, he's cooled down recently and I don't have confidence in his long term success. a move like that would just be meaningless fanservice, instead of a decent upgrade.

He is the only goalie that could be a true number one on the caps if we trade for him. Inconsistencies from the goalies has lost us games. We need a true number and we need to win a cup now. Also fucale is god. F hagelin
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 39
Jinx god

People who’re crying about this have clearly have never played hockey 😂.

I play in a league where people literally try to remove your head from the rest of your body, and basically chirp at you every single second of the game. Those type of fans wouldn’t survive at all if the NHL played like us.

Things like those happen probably several times per game in our league.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 43
Tintin over 1122

sh**
zk97 a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 45
Craig Laughlin Fan
He is the only goalie that could be a true number one on the caps if we trade for him. Inconsistencies from the goalies has lost us games. We need a true number and we need to win a cup now. Also fucale is god. F hagelin

I don’t think he can be a true #1. He’s seemingly struggled in his last few games, and overall watching him play I don’t trust him to hold up. At least from the games I’ve seen, I don’t see him as any better in the long term than Samsonov. Samsonov has also had the misfortune of dealing with defenseman like Cholowski, Kempny, and large amounts of Matt Irwin (who’s bee surprisingly alright, but overworked imo). I would blame it less on samsonov being a bit inconsistent, and more on Injuries/Covid that has put him in some very tough spots. Holtby is not an upgrade to our current tandem, and a trade for him I see as nothing but a lateral move. I trust Sammy in the playoffs after his very good play vs Boston last year (minus that one brain fart behind the net)
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 45
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516

I play in a league where people literally try to remove your head from the rest of your body, and basically chirp at you every single second of the game. Those type of fans wouldn’t survive at all if the NHL played like us.

I’m not sure if it was called, but it’s absolutely a penalty, which might be why Blues fans are upset.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 45
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,467

Love that the slash is so nonchalant. He doesn't even bother looking towards Kostin there tears of joy
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 46
Craig Laughlin Fan

sh**

Son of a…

Left side is now probably:
Marty-Party Fehervary
TVR
Irwin (though maybe Kempny if Laviolette hates us)
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 47
Tintin over 1122
I don’t think he can be a true #1. He’s seemingly struggled in his last few games, and overall watching him play I don’t trust him to hold up. At least from the games I’ve seen, I don’t see him as any better in the long term than Samsonov. Samsonov has also had the misfortune of dealing with defenseman like Cholowski, Kempny, and large amounts of Matt Irwin (who’s bee surprisingly alright, but overworked imo). I would blame it less on samsonov being a bit inconsistent, and more on Injuries/Covid that has put him in some very tough spots. Holtby is not an upgrade to our current tandem, and a trade for him I see as nothing but a lateral move. I trust Sammy in the playoffs after his very good play vs Boston last year (minus that one brain fart behind the net)
alright. We will see.
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 48
Jinx god
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
I’m not sure if it was called, but it’s absolutely a penalty, which might be why Blues fans are upset.

Yeah it wasn’t called (maybe should’ve been), but my point was that these types of things happen daily in the league that I play, and are almost never called. I don’t see anyone complaining, the only times someone complains is if the Refs call something against us when someone tried to remove the opposing players head.

Benn lives rent free in the head of pretty much every fan of the NHL.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 49
Tintin over 1122
Son of a…

Left side is now probably:
Marty-Party Fehervary
TVR
Irwin (though maybe Kempny if Laviolette hates us)

I got a Martin fer jersey for Christmas and it hasn’t come yet or tickets to a home which haven’t come yet either. I love it when that guy bails out Carlson. Also the powerplay is a waste of everyone’s time and so is 3 on three,
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 52
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Yeah it wasn’t called (maybe should’ve been), but my point was that these types of things happen daily in the league that I play, and are almost never called. I don’t see anyone complaining, the only times someone complains is if the Refs call something against us when someone tried to remove the opposing players head.

With how slashing is called in the NHL, this is pretty egregious. Considering that slashing penalties are called with light taps near a player’s hands when they has the puck, and this is separated from the play and is a slash meant to injure right on the wrist.
capsfan2121 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 54
Jinx god
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
With how slashing is called in the NHL, this is pretty egregious. Considering that slashing penalties are called with light taps near a player’s hands when they has the puck, and this is separated from the play and is a slash meant to injure right on the wrist.

If that slash is meant to injure I’m truly scared what a hit is considered like.

I could be wrong, but that slash was probably to get in their heads and make them lose composure, not to injure him (not enough force to injure him). That’s what I’m getting from since it’s Benn’s play style.
10 janv. 2022 à 10 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Nvm
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage