Forums/Armchair-GM

Not Trading Girard for Scraps

Créé par: UpsideDownQue
Équipe: 2022-23 Avalanche du Colorado
Date de création initiale: 9 nov. 2021
Publié: 9 nov. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Ive seen so many posts trading Girard for a bunch of spare parts. The only return I think is somewhat realistic is a young top 6 forward with term. Avs arent going to trade a 23 year old top pair D man under contract for 5Mx6 for a older, less productive winger with less term and a couple throw in prospects and picks. They also arent going to trade him for prospects and picks while the Avs are trying to win now

I made some Girard trade frameworks that I think make (at least a little bit of) sense for COL. These are not 1-for-1's. Just examples of the quality of player that would be needed in a Girard trade
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1874 125 $
2850 000 $
1787 500 $
55 000 000 $
77 500 000 $
55 250 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
33 333 333 $
77 500 000 $
14 000 000 $
24 000 000 $
12 000 000 $
11 500 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Girard, Samuel
55 000 000 $
Girard, Samuel
55 000 000 $
Girard, Samuel
55 000 000 $
Girard, Samuel
55 000 000 $
Girard, Samuel
55 000 000 $
Young Top 6, Forward
56 000 000 $
Girard, Samuel
55 000 000 $
Transactions
COL
  1. Boeser, Brock [Droits de RFA]
PHI
  1. Girard, Samuel
OTT
  1. Girard, Samuel
COL
  1. Kubalik, Dominik [Droits de RFA]
CHI
  1. Girard, Samuel
COL
  1. Fiala, Kevin [Droits de RFA]
MIN
  1. Girard, Samuel
VAN
  1. Girard, Samuel
STL
  1. Girard, Samuel
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $81 797 458 $25 000 $3 562 500 $702 542 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 7
6 300 000 $6 300 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 3
3 333 333 $3 333 333 $
AD, AG
UFA - 8
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
C
UFA - 8
Young Top 6, Forward
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
908 333 $908 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AG
RFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 5
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DD
RFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 5
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
874 125 $874 125 $
C
RFA - 1
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
787 500 $787 500 $
DG
UFA - 2
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
4 975 000 $4 975 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 5
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
4 950 000 $4 950 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 7
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
AG, AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
9 nov. 2021 à 19 h 11
Banni
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 449
Quoting: EccE
Just last year we did, though...

Average or bad player trade. When does goid young players trade are made. Last one was kunin with Nashville. You guys also didn't read my comment before attacking me. I literally said forwarder d trade, and how MIN can’t afford to take away from their forward care and add another d
9 nov. 2021 à 19 h 20
Banni
Quoting: TanSor
You have to cut it out with these absolutes, man. I don't think any player on the Wild is truly untouchable as you have said in 90% of threads involving the Wild. Guerin is willing to make trades if he thinks it makes us a better team, he has been quoted saying this many times and I am almost positive he said it a few times in radio/podcasts over the summer. He has traded with division rivals before (Luke Kunin trade at the draft floor), I wouldn't rule out the idea of him doing it again.

Luke kunin is average to OK. Again appears none of you read what I wrote before attacking me , and trying to embarrassing me. Again where did I say untouchable or absolutely. My gosh some of you attacking me didn't even read my point. Players of fiala and Girard aren't traded in division. Nice of you to attack me and make childish points without reading or trying to understand what I said. Nice of you to pile on to get a like. Never said anything absolute in my comment. You all are trying to act like Greg pateryn and Ian Cole are in Girard and fiala league. It's childish to come in here and attack, pile on without reading or trying to understand what I said in here
9 nov. 2021 à 19 h 22
Banni
This is where my head went, Girard is on a fantastic contract that is better than what I think Fiala will get. That being said, I don't think I'd do this either since we need the help up front more than on the back end (especially now that we have O'Rourke, Hunt, and Lambos in the prospect system). It's an interesting idea, I just don't know if it's the right move for us.

Did you forget point where I said trade wouldn't be made because Girald is a D, while fiala is offensive?
9 nov. 2021 à 19 h 58
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
Quoting: CAPDumba
Luke kunin is average to OK. Again appears none of you read what I wrote before attacking me , and trying to embarrassing me. Again where did I say untouchable or absolutely. My gosh some of you attacking me didn't even read my point. Players of fiala and Girard aren't traded in division. Nice of you to attack me and make childish points without reading or trying to understand what I said. Nice of you to pile on to get a like. Never said anything absolute in my comment. You all are trying to act like Greg pateryn and Ian Cole are in Girard and fiala league. It's childish to come in here and attack, pile on without reading or trying to understand what I said in here

Kunin may be average, but you said we'd never trade with Colorado (which is an absolute) even though Guerin did last year... He's clearly fine with trading players to division rivals. Nobody is arguing that Pateryn and Cole are as talented as Girard and Fiala, but as I said before Guerin has been quoted saying that he will make a trade if he believes he improves the team. I don't see why he wouldn't trade Fiala for Girard if he believed it improved our club.

I read everything you said and I've been reading a lot of what you've been posting since you made your account (and I'm fairly certain the other 5-6 accounts you've made on here). I'm not trying to embarrass you, nor am I trying to attack you, but when you say things like "player x is untouchable" or "Fiala is never being traded to Colorado for Girard" and are completely unwilling to have civilized discussion, it's hard to take you seriously. Especially in a thread like this that actually proposes a pretty fair framework of a deal. I am aware that you didn't say that Fiala is untouchable in this thread, I am talking about your comments about Wild players in general. I don't give a **** about likes on a hockey forum. If people like my ideas and comments, cool. If not, cool.

Did you forget point where I said trade wouldn't be made because Girald is a D, while fiala is offensive?

You said that we can't afford another D at that price. We're already paying Goligoski the same exact AAV that Girard makes (and we'd probably save around $2M in cap space next year if we made this trade since Fiala will likely be in the $7M AAV range), so why couldn't we afford him?
EccE a aimé ceci.
9 nov. 2021 à 20 h 24
Banni
Kunin may be average, but you said we'd never trade with Colorado (which is an absolute) even though Guerin did last year... He's clearly fine with trading players to division rivals. Nobody is arguing that Pateryn and Cole are as talented as Girard and Fiala, but as I said before Guerin has been quoted saying that he will make a trade if he believes he improves the team. I don't see why he wouldn't trade Fiala for Girard if he believed it improved our club.

I read everything you said and I've been reading a lot of what you've been posting since you made your account (and I'm fairly certain the other 5-6 accounts you've made on here). I'm not trying to embarrass you, nor am I trying to attack you, but when you say things like "player x is untouchable" or "Fiala is never being traded to Colorado for Girard" and are completely unwilling to have civilized discussion, it's hard to take you seriously. Especially in a thread like this that actually proposes a pretty fair framework of a deal. I am aware that you didn't say that Fiala is untouchable in this thread, I am talking about your comments about Wild players in general. I don't give a **** about likes on a hockey forum. If people like my ideas and comments, cool. If not, cool.

You said that we can't afford another D at that price. We're already paying Goligoski the same exact AAV that Girard makes (and we'd probably save around $2M in cap space next year if we made this trade since Fiala will likely be in the $7M AAV range), so why couldn't we afford him?

Because we would then have spurgeon, brodin, Girald, Alex g, Dumba, dimitri, etc..; expensive d when Minnesota need Offensive with limited cap, that's exactly what I meant. You can't commit all those money to d
9 nov. 2021 à 20 h 25
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641

It makes me very sad when I remember that Goli is making $5m this year. Even sadder when I remember Benn is adding another $900k to the cap.
9 nov. 2021 à 20 h 27
Banni

So you attack me for comments that may, or may not have nothing to do with these prosal? So if you didn't care about like, then you wouldn't have had. Shows you do. I made a comment here referring to suter buyout, and wild not afford, spending all those money on d. If you want to have civilized discussion, then let's do so. But Don't come in here, trying to attack me when not once did I do so.
9 nov. 2021 à 20 h 41
Being wrong is ok
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 354
Would Hampus Lindholm and the Ducks be a realistic option? A good rental for a Stanley cup run and would give you some cap space. I know the avs are looking for a top 6 but I dont see them trading inside the division and getting those other players you've listed above.
9 nov. 2021 à 21 h 0
Because we would then have spurgeon, brodin, Girald, Alex g, Dumba, dimitri, etc..; expensive d when Minnesota need Offensive with limited cap, that's exactly what I meant. You can't commit all those money to d

This thread is proposed for next season, so Goligoski would be gone if we made this trade. Dumba will probably be gone after his deal is up since he'll want a raise and he's not worth much more than he's making. So we'd be left with Spurgeon, Brodin, and Girard in two seasons. Addison will likely be playing on the 2nd pairing by that point. That's a damn good core. Fiala is likely gone in the next two seasons anyways.

So if you didn't care about like, then you wouldn't have had. Shows you do.

What?
9 nov. 2021 à 21 h 0
Quoting: wabit
It makes me very sad when I remember that Goli is making $5m this year. Even sadder when I remember Benn is adding another $900k to the cap.

Goligoski has been fine. Maybe not quite a $5M player, but he's not that far off. Benn has been awful.
9 nov. 2021 à 21 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Quoting: BuckoJoyde
Would Hampus Lindholm and the Ducks be a realistic option? A good rental for a Stanley cup run and would give you some cap space. I know the avs are looking for a top 6 but I dont see them trading inside the division and getting those other players you've listed above.

I dont think so. Girard is younger and has more term, plus since its just an LD for LD swap theres no real benefit for the Avs positionally either
BuckoJoyde a aimé ceci.
9 nov. 2021 à 21 h 31
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
Goligoski has been fine. Maybe not quite a $5M player, but he's not that far off. Benn has been awful.

Goli has been awful. He's 6th among MN d-men in basically every category and has the highest in o-zone start rate.

Look at Spurgeon's numbers with and without Goli. It's a big difference.
10 nov. 2021 à 0 h 12
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,262
Average or bad player trade. When does goid young players trade are made. Last one was kunin with Nashville. You guys also didn't read my comment before attacking me. I literally said forwarder d trade, and how MIN can’t afford to take away from their forward care and add another d

I didn't attack you. I never mentioned anything about your opinion on the trade itself. All I did was point out that the Wild and the Avs have, in fact, made a trade with each other quite recently. That's not an attack in my book.
10 nov. 2021 à 10 h 1
Quoting: wabit
Goli has been awful. He's 6th among MN d-men in basically every category and has the highest in o-zone start rate.

Look at Spurgeon's numbers with and without Goli. It's a big difference.

Honestly haven't been looking at advanced stats that much this year. Just took a look, woof, they do not look good for him.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage