SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Montréal Canadiens Season Discussion Thread

20 févr. 2022 à 6 h 45
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,168
Quoting: habitantlecolon
capsfan2121 How much for Ilya Samsonov if Vanacek is back by feb 24 ??

Could Washington go for another goalie like Holtby for the playoff and Habs acquire Sammy for a Lehkonen ??? Or should the habs go Lehkonen Chiarot both at 50% for Kravtsov + Georgiev?

I think you should do the nyr package. It is uncertain when we will get a goalie. When we do that, that leky tarde will be a possibility
habitantlecolon a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 11 h 27
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,298

Could Washington go for another goalie like Holtby for the playoff and Habs acquire Sammy for a Lehkonen ??? Or should the habs go Lehkonen Chiarot both at 50% for Kravtsov + Georgiev?

Why would we trade for a young unproven goalie? I'd rather sign a proven 1A/1B in FA and then try and develop one of our goalies. We have many promising netminders coming up right now so there isn't a point in trading assets for voodoo.

Go after Husso/Campbell/Kuemper/Fleury/Holtby if we want to compete next year

There's other options like Koskinen/Halak/Korpisalo if we want a backup and trust Allen to be our starter.
20 févr. 2022 à 11 h 55
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,684

Nah not good.
Samsonov for Allen + 3rd makes sense
Lehkonen + Chiarot for lundqvist + georgiev + kravtsov
20 févr. 2022 à 14 h 24
Le patriote
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,415
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Why would we trade for a young unproven goalie? I'd rather sign a proven 1A/1B in FA and then try and develop one of our goalies. We have many promising netminders coming up right now so there isn't a point in trading assets for voodoo.

Go after Husso/Campbell/Kuemper/Fleury/Holtby if we want to compete next year

There's other options like Koskinen/Halak/Korpisalo if we want a backup and trust Allen to be our starter.

rather have more option
20 févr. 2022 à 14 h 26
WentWughes
rather have more option

That's fair I guess, but I don't see goalies as having much value unless you know they are Elite level goaltenders. 80% of the NHL goalies are capable of winning cups as long as the system/defense can support them. It's the least valuable position IMO
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 23 h 26
Le patriote
That's fair I guess, but I don't see goalies as having much value unless you know they are Elite level goaltenders. 80% of the NHL goalies are capable of winning cups as long as the system/defense can support them. It's the least valuable position IMO

Allen is one year away from UFA, Price could be done, Primeau no where near the level, McNiven can i say LoL, Hammond is a patch, so I guess having Georgiev or Sammy as a real stop gap can upgrade our backend and give confidence to support the attack first vision. And if we trade Allen to a contender, Monty with all due respect can not do all the job alone.

We also need to get younger one to fill the time gape until our drafties can play the league level.
DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 23 h 34
v5 Minnesota GM
Allen is one year away from UFA, Price could be done, Primeau no where near the level, McNiven can i say LoL, Hammond is a patch, so I guess having Georgiev or Sammy as a real stop gap can upgrade our backend and give confidence to support the attack first vision. And if we trade Allen to a contender, Monty with all due respect can not do all the job alone.

We also need to get younger one to fill the time gape until our drafties can play the league level.

I agree. Samsonov should be acquired, since he still has potential and will come fairly cheap. I think this is a fair trade.

Allen, Jake
Wideman, Chris
Hoffman, Mike
5th round pick

For

Samsonov, Ilya
Iorio, Vincent
Schultz, Justin

What do you think?
20 févr. 2022 à 23 h 43
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
I agree. Samsonov should be acquired, since he still has potential and will come fairly cheap. I think this is a fair trade.

Allen, Jake
Wideman, Chris
Hoffman, Mike
5th round pick

For

Samsonov, Ilya
Iorio, Vincent
Schultz, Justin

What do you think?

Add calgary's first on our side going to Washington, and I still don't know if Washington takes that...
A_Habs_fan, capsfan2121 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 23 h 50
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: nickthehabsfan
Add calgary's first on our side going to Washington, and I still don't know if Washington takes that...

A caps told me they would
21 févr. 2022 à 0 h 1
WentWughes

The problem is with this, who are you going to get? No point in trading assets for a voodoo position that can be filled in FA.
21 févr. 2022 à 0 h 33
Le patriote
The problem is with this, who are you going to get? No point in trading assets for a voodoo position that can be filled in FA.

Would be good for you to put demographic into account. Most of ufa Market is getting too old to fill the gape ... We ain't patching, we need to build around a new core, and getting a young stable goalie is part of the process.
21 févr. 2022 à 0 h 38
Le patriote

Allen, Jake
Wideman, Chris
Hoffman, Mike
5th round pick

For

Samsonov, Ilya
Iorio, Vincent
Schultz, Justin

What do you think?

Why would they take Hoffman longterm ?
21 févr. 2022 à 0 h 44
WentWughes
Would be good for you to put demographic into account. Most of ufa Market is getting too old to fill the gape ... We ain't patching, we need to build around a new core, and getting a young stable goalie is part of the process.

Who would that be? Like I said, goalies are voodoo. We are wasting assets trying to get a guy who we don't even know if they will be a good starter. Let somebody else develop him and then we'll swoop in and take them in FA or cheap (Toronto getting Campbell). All of the goalies you mentioned, none of them are looking like they will 100% be starters in the NHL so we are just swinging for the fences.
21 févr. 2022 à 1 h 42
Le patriote
Modifié 21 févr. 2022 à 1 h 47
Who would that be? Like I said, goalies are voodoo. We are wasting assets trying to get a guy who we don't even know if they will be a good starter. Let somebody else develop him and then we'll swoop in and take them in FA or cheap (Toronto getting Campbell). All of the goalies you mentioned, none of them are looking like they will 100% be starters in the NHL so we are just swinging for the fences.

it's not about a starter but a stabilizer until our rookies are ready to jump in. We need to build team confidence, having the same goalie with a backup can do more than those filling hole like a stop gap. Georgiev and Samsonov are not the best but are actual good goalie who can fill the role and then be the backup when our young one is ready. We need to stop inling goalie for one or 2 season, we need someone for 4 years. So betta be get a youngling instead of few oldster and that's my opinion here, not a claimored tendancy wink !
DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 8 h 54
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,405

Allen, Jake
Wideman, Chris
Hoffman, Mike
5th round pick

For

Samsonov, Ilya
Iorio, Vincent
Schultz, Justin

What do you think?

That deal makes no sense for Washington considering they’re giving up the 2 best pieces ( I can see the argument though that Allen is close to Iorio ) but Wideman, Hoffman, the 5th and Schultz aren’t worth too much
capsfan2121 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 8 h 56
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
That deal makes no sense for Washington considering they’re giving up the 2 best pieces ( I can see the argument though that Allen is close to Iorio ) but Wideman, Hoffman, the 5th and Schultz aren’t worth too much

I’m willing to give up Justin, and iorio. Sammy I’m very conflicted about. We shouldn’t pull the trigger yet. Vitek id be fine with unless we don’t get a goalie.

The player I would want that’s realistic is Schueneman.
21 févr. 2022 à 8 h 57
To the goalie discussion, if the right offer comes along, we should take it but realistically, it’s Allen and Price/Monty or FA goalie ( if Allen is gone and Price is still injured/gone )
zk97 a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 8 h 59
Quoting: capsfan2121
I’m willing to give up Justin, and iorio. Sammy I’m very conflicted about. We shouldn’t pull the trigger yet. Vitek id be fine with unless we don’t get a goalie.

The player I would want that’s realistic is Schueneman.

Schueneman isn’t worth much. He’s been having a good showing but it’s unlikely he become anything better than a 3rd pair guy, when you’re giving up someone like Samsonov even with his inconsistency, he has that potential and if a team wants him, they probably think he can figure it out so you could get better assets
capsfan2121 et SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 9 h 0
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Schueneman isn’t worth much. He’s been having a good showing but it’s unlikely he become anything better than a 3rd pair guy, when you’re giving up someone like Samsonov even with his inconsistency, he has that potential and if a team wants him, they probably think he can figure it out so you could get better assets

I’m thinking Justin and a third.
21 févr. 2022 à 17 h 57
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,572

capsfan2121 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 17 h 58
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: Zuki9797

No chiarot trade yet unfortunately....
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 17 h 59
Tintin over 1122

I’m so excited to watch today. I need to get a hab jersey. I’m think Cole.

Also is Corey injured or is it covid
21 févr. 2022 à 18 h 1
No chiarot trade yet unfortunately....
just gotta be patient for hopefully less than a month

I’m so excited to watch today. I need to get a hab jersey. I’m think Cole.

Also is Corey injured or is it covid

caufield habs jersey would be a good choice. i have a suzuki one
scheuneman has been hit by the covid curse
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 18 h 3
Tintin over 1122
just gotta be patient for hopefully less than a month

caufield habs jersey would be a good choice. i have a suzuki one
scheuneman has been hit by the covid curse

He looked so good when I watched him in the blues game.

Also
zk97 a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 18 h 7
He looked so good when I watched him in the blues game.

Also

saw that, and happy to see that
thought that anderson would be on the left wing though
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage