SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Idle Thought on Kirill Kaprizov and Foreign Contracts

22 août 2021 à 19 h 1
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,215
I wonder how much longer Bill Guerin is going to endure the Kaprizov situation before he starts thinking about lobbying his fellow GMs for an amendment to the CBA requiring that all initial contracts for foreign players be three years, just like ELCs.
22 août 2021 à 21 h 7
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,384
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I wonder how much longer Bill Guerin is going to endure the Kaprizov situation before he starts thinking about lobbying his fellow GMs for an amendment to the CBA requiring that all initial contracts for foreign players be three years, just like ELCs.

Well it wouldn’t make sense for the NHL to do that since it would deter foreign players to sign since they’d make way less money for 3 years
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
23 août 2021 à 0 h 29
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
GMBG has only himself to blame for this situation. Kaprizov should be entering year 2 of his ELC this year, not an RFA looking for a huge contract. GMBG is the one that burned a year off of the deal before the Playins; which Kaprizov wasn't allowed by the NHL to be a part of.

All the league will do is say you're the one that made this mess, you clean it up.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
23 août 2021 à 9 h 0
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,764
Quoting: wabit
GMBG has only himself to blame for this situation. Kaprizov should be entering year 2 of his ELC this year, not an RFA looking for a huge contract. GMBG is the one that burned a year off of the deal before the Playins; which Kaprizov wasn't allowed by the NHL to be a part of.

All the league will do is say you're the one that made this mess, you clean it up.

Player had/still has all the leverage being a KHL stud at the time. I'm sure the talks went "you want me there sign me now." To the OP, I dont think you can change anything about the foreign player signing issue. for the most part nhl pays significantly more than any other league. KHL highest contracts are sub 2m american dollars. Realistically Kaprizoff doesnt want to play in minnesota lol, he probably wants to play in NY/LA Etc.
25 août 2021 à 8 h 46
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516

Then you’d never get anyone coming over from Russia if they went undrafted, unless they sign young. The current age-based system works well, and it certainly wouldn’t be fair for it to be having different requirements for certain leagues.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
25 août 2021 à 12 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,215
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Then you’d never get anyone coming over from Russia if they went undrafted, unless they sign young. The current age-based system works well, and it certainly wouldn’t be fair for it to be having different requirements for certain leagues.

But they DO have different requirements for certain leagues -- North American kids have to sign three-year ELCs.
25 août 2021 à 20 h 50
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,384
But they DO have different requirements for certain leagues -- North American kids have to sign three-year ELCs.

Actually i don’t think so, it depends on their age
26 août 2021 à 0 h 22
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516

Every player needs to sign 3 year ELCs if they’re under 22. Kaprizov’s was 2 years because he signed his ELC as a 23 year old. The only difference is the KHL doesn’t have an agreement with the NHL so the Wild kept his rights indefinitely, whereas CHL players become UFAs if they aren’t signed before they enter their 20 year old season. (Other than special cases if they’re drafted as over-agers)
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage