SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

16-Source Aggregate Mock Draft

16-Source Aggregate Mock Draft

Cuvée de repêchage: 2021
Créé par: bruinsdude77
Publié: 17 juin 2021 à 17 h 56
Description
I've combined the draft rankings of sixteen leading sources to create my draft board. Some rankings and tie-breakers were broken by my own opinion of players. Team needs were mostly just evaluated based on current depth in players and prospects under 22 rather than immediate NHL roster needs. Enjoy.
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-I don't think Owen Power really wants to go to Buffalo and honestly I don't think Buffalo really wants another LHD with the top pick. However, there doesn't seem to be a lot of value in reaching for anyone else. Power will be the pick and he'll be a great defenseman for the Sabres once the team gets back on track
2Logo de Kraken de Seattle-I don't think a brand new franchise can pass up a potential top line center with their first ever pick. I think Beniers has that potential and I think he is ready to play in the NHL right away.
3Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-The Ducks have needs everywhere, but I think they desperately need a game-changing winger to bring along with Zegras. Guenther is No. 7 on my board, but he's a shooter who plays both sides and fits the bill for the Ducks. Yes it could be considered a reach when they need defense too, but I just think a winger with Guenther's ability is too hard to pass up
4Logo de Devils du New Jersey-I hate to break Devils fans hearts with this pick, but I have Hughes and Clarke even in my rankings and the right side of the blue line is a much much larger concern. The Devils have six LHD drafted in the top three rounds over the past three years. Clarke is the far better need pick
5Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-This is a tough spot for Columbus. They have a ton of needs, but they also have three first round picks. Because of that, you would like to see them address their most important need - center - right off the bat and then get to defense later. However, the value just isn't there. Elund and Johnson project as wingers in the pros and Lucius is too much a reach. If I were Columbus, I would trade No. 5 and the TOR pick to Seattle to move up to No. 2 to get Beniers. In this situation though, they have to just take the best D on the board and look at center later.
6Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-I hate mocking the Red Wings because they have been rebuilding for so long and have so many high picks each year that they really have no needs. Except one. They still don't have a blue chip goalie. I personally think this is too high for Wallstedt, especially given the rise of Cossa, but Detroit needs to address their net and he's an elite prospect.
7Logo de Sharks de San Jose-San Jose needs help everywhere and Eklund is the best player on the board. He is a caliber of prospect that the Sharks have not had in some time.
8Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-The Kings have the best pipeline in the NHL in my opinion and any pick is redundant at this point. The best player on the board is Edvinsson so that's the pick.
9Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-Johnson is a great fit for the Nucks. They have almost no center depth in the system, but they also don't need a top-six center with Pettersson and Horvat in place. Johnson needs time to bulk up and learn the position better, but in the meantime already has NHL play-making ability from the wing
10Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-For all their pipeline strengths, RW is still in need of help. Need matches up with value here, as the top two players on my board are both RW: Lysell and Lucius. The Sens take the more natural winger. If Lucius was going to North Dakota instead of Minnesota, maybe it goes the other way.
11Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-
Choix au repêchage retiré
12Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-The Blackhawks also need a RW and while Lucius also plays center, that never a bad thing.
13Logo de Flames de Calgary-With aggregate rankings, some are more recent and some are from earlier in the season. McTavish is actually ranked below Sillinger and Raty, but to me that doesn't reflect his rising stock. Although it isn't their greatest need, the Flames need a center and that is the value pick here. They seem more likely to grab McTavish than either of the other two.
14Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Philly's biggest needs are RD and RW and this isn't a great spot for that. However, it's worth reaching for Ceulemans because the RD depth behind him falls off a cliff.
15Logo de Stars de Dallas-The Stars don't have a deep pipeline but it is especially shallow on the blue line. They'll be bummed to miss out on Ceulemans by one pick, but Lambos is nice consolation prize.
16Logo de Rangers de New York-Everyone knows the Rangers need a center, so they would be thrilled to have the choice between Raty and Sillinger. I think Sillinger is the better player, but I think Raty is the more natural center and that is what the Rangers need
17Logo de Blues de St-Louis-The Blues need defense in the pipeline but they also could use some forward depth and it is hard to pass up on Sillinger at this point
18Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-This is the first place I considered Cossa. Winnipeg needs an heir apparent to Hellebuyck. However, I still think its too early for him. The Jets could use a RW and Coronato is a fast riser.
19Logo de Predators de Nashville-Chibrikov is fascinating to me because some list him as C, some as LW, and some as RW. You don't often see a top prospect who regularly plays all forward positions. Nashville needs help down the middle but could also use depth on the wing so Chibrikov's versatility makes him a good choice
20Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-This could be Cossa as well, but until further notice the Oilers need to keep adding potential help for McDavid and Draisaitl. Olausson is the best player on the board, has pro experience, and plays both sides. Good fit for the Oil.
21Logo de Bruins de Boston-I know the Bruins needs better than any team so I feel comfortable going off the board a little to take Suomaala. The Bruins need better shooting, both in frequency and accuracy, and more grit and physicality and there is a need on the right side. Tuoamaala checks all of these boxes. A perfect fit.
22Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Minnesota is in pretty good shape all around and as a result I did consider Cossa. However, with just three picks between their next selection and knowing Detroit and Florida don't need goalies, its a better bet to go best player available here and sit on Cossa
23Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Capitals de WashingtonThis is why taking Walstedt early is a risk for Detroit, as Cossa made it back to them. Oh well. Best player available is Rosen, a versatile scoring winger.
24Logo de Panthers de la Floride-The Panthers desperately need a RHD, but there aren't any left with a first round grade. Their next biggest need is at LW and Othmann just so happens to be the best player available. Good fit.
25Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoAs noted earlier, center is Columbus' biggest need and they will definitely use one of their three first rounder to take one. Bolduc here could end up as an excellent value for Columbus.
26Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Penguins de PittsburghThe plan works and Minnesota gets Cossa. Any concerns over Kahkonen's play this year or Filip Lindberg planning to leave as a free agent should be alleviated by adding Cossa to Hunter Jones in the pipeline.
27Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-I know I just said for Florida that there were no first-round RHD left. However, when you have drafted as well as Carolina has in recent years, you can reach. Morrow is actually a player I really like.
28Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-I thought Colorado would win the Cup this year. Perhaps a polished winger with pro experience might be able to crack the roster sooner rather than later and get them there.
29Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Montreal would have loved to have gotten Cossa. They'll settle for the best available player who also happens to be a Quebecois
30Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Islanders de New YorkStankoven is the best player available and seems like he would be a good fit for what the Devils are building offensively
31Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayAfter grabbing a LHD and a C already, Columbus would rather grab a RHD or a winger. That's not the value here though. So they take another LHD, one with a different skill set than Hughes but also looks like he could be NHL ready soon
32Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-Congratulations to Vegas on their Stanley Cup. Now sit back and take it easy. I like Pastujov's game, but he a project who needs a few years at Notre Dame.
RONDE 2ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
33Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-My explanations will be shorter now. Buffalo adds a center with Eichel probably leaving
34Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Guenther and Svozil is a great 1-2 for Anaheim. Solid start.
35Logo de Kraken de Seattle-All the best players on the board are centers. If you have to double up on a position in your first ever draft, center is the way to go. They won't get much help there in the Expansion Draft.
36Logo de Golden Knights de VegasLogo de Devils du New JerseyAnother college-bound prospect as Vegas finally starts to think about the future
37Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusIf Arizona had forfeited their first pick and still addressed their biggest need with a player like Chayka or Svozil... It could happen, but it didn't here
38Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Of course Detroit ends up with the last first-round graded player on the board
39Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Sharks de San JoseOttawa can afford a long-term investment
40Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-All I know is that LA doesn't need any more centers...
41Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-Johnson and Mailloux quietly check a lot of boxes for Vancouver's pipeline needs
42Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-Ottawa again? BC isn't North Dakota but Hreschuk will have to do. Maybe he can transfer
43Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-Pretty good value here on a kid I think has more potential than he's shown
44Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-Put your delicate sensibilities aside and realize that Red Savage playing for the Blackhawks is just too good. He's also just an underrated player
45Logo de Flames de Calgary-Another team reaching for a RHD because the depth is just not good at that position
46Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-I really like Johnston
47Logo de Stars de Dallas-Dallas could have used a RHD or a RW, but they both just went
48Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Rangers de New YorkA good project for a team with too many pro-ready prospects, two picks already, and another coming up.
49Logo de Kings de Los AngelesLogo de Blues de St-LouisAnother weapon up front for LA
50Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Winnipeg needs a goalie, but not here. They'll reach for RHD
51Logo de Predators de Nashville-RHD is probably the bigger need than LHD, but not enough to reach. Nashville could double up on forward here too
52Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Oilers d'EdmontonBest player available
53Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Bruins de BostonBuffalo gets their RHD
54Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Minnesota adds a Golden Gopher they can watch closely
55Logo de Capitals de Washington-Not bad for Washington's first pick of the draft. Has fallen from fringe first round status
56Logo de Panthers de la Floride-
Not a great spot for a RHD again but need neccesitates the reach
57Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-Ranked higher than all three of Schmidt, Heimosalmi, and Bar, but left-handed
58Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-Pens fans should be very happy with this pick
59Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-Played around with a few options here but after Carolina reached for need in round one I gave them best available in round two
60Logo de Islanders de New YorkLogo de Avalanche du ColoradoMan the Caps, Leafs, Pens, and Isles all make their first picks in the second round and all luck into a good player at their biggest need being at the top of the board
61Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-The third goalie off the board. MTL needs RHD, but after all the reaches there is no one reasonably worth a second-rounder left
62Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Islanders de New YorkDevils don't have many needs after taking Clarke, so they just take the best player available again
63Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayIf you had asked me early last year I would have said he was a surefire first rounder
64Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Golden Knights de VegasLucius, Savage, and Peart is an impressive All-American draft class for the Hawks
RONDE 3ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
65Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Sabres de BuffaloRangers double down at center with their second pick
66Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Great draft so far for the Ducks
67Logo de Kraken de Seattle-In reality, the Kraken will likely have a ton more picks after the Expansion Draft. But in this mock they only have three and I am not comfortable giving them three straight forwards so a slight reach for a LHD
68Logo de Devils du New Jersey-Good value here
69Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Still no RHD value for Columbus. They go wing instead
70Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-I hate picking for the Wings
71Logo de Sharks de San Jose-Only the Sharks' second pick. They need a RHD but no luck. High upside project instead
72Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-
73Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-Nucks could use some more RW depth
74Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-Best player available
75Logo de Capitals de WashingtonLogo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaCaps need a RHD and a G. No one is available in this range. Wilmer is a fascinatingly small player
76Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Blackhawks de ChicagoFed up with no good RHD available when they pick, the Habs settle for a lefty
77Logo de Flames de Calgary-Flames have to feel pretty good about the bloodlines in the system with McTavish and Stillman
78Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Flyers don't have a lot of needs and already addressed two depth concerns, so they take the best available player
79Logo de Stars de Dallas-Still no RHD for Dallas, but there is a nice RW near the top of the board
80Logo de Rangers de New York-Rangers could use a RW too
81Logo de Blues de St-Louis-The Blues went talent over need in round one. They get both here with a LHD that was also the best available player
82Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-The Jets' goalie pipeline is garbage and they will be in real trouble if Berdin is lost in Expansion. Have to reach for a keeper here
83Logo de Predators de Nashville-Little bit of a reach by Nashville to get the next-best RW
84Logo de Flames de CalgaryLogo de Oilers d'EdmontonCalgary could have looked at goalie here. LHD Grushnikov is best player available
85Logo de Bruins de Boston-The Bruins have a ton of needs and while they would rather have a RHD or power winger here, LHD is the position of power on the board. Allan is the best player on the board, the last player with a second-round grade, and looks like a potential Jeremy Lauzon replacement as a physical, penalty-killing LHD.
86Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Minny has already added two good forwards and a future starting goalie. Time to look at D
87Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Capitals de WashingtonFinally the Habs have a plausible RHD available to them
88Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Panthers de la FlorideA project center for Buffalo
89Logo de Kings de Los AngelesLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoAfter taking a stud defenseman and three wingers, and no need for centers, I'm ok with reaching for a goalie here
90Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Penguins de PittsburghBest player available
91Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-Best player available
92Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-A second winger for Colorado
93Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Canadiens de MontréalA project center for Buffalo... again
94Logo de Islanders de New York-A nice need pick and style fit for the Isles
95Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay-Tampa's first pick in the draft
96Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Golden Knights de VegasDetroit's seventh pick in the draft
RONDE 4ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
97Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Expect a run on RHD in the fourth. Ufko, Ty Gallagher, Oscar Plandowski, and Brent Johnson are all among the best names available. Others include LHDs Aleksi Malinen, Guillaume Richard, and Topias Vilen, and Fs Ilya Fedotov, Riley Kidney, Jayden Grubbe, Liam Gilmartin, Eric Alarie and Josh Doan. My highest-rated over ager is LW Simon Knak, who I think could go late in the fourth.
98Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-
99Logo de Kraken de Seattle-
100Logo de Devils du New Jersey-
101Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-
102Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-
103Logo de Sharks de San Jose-
104Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Kings de Los Angeles
105Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Canucks de Vancouver
106Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
107Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-
108Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-
109Logo de Kings de Los AngelesLogo de Flames de Calgary
110Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-
111Logo de Stars de Dallas-
112Logo de Rangers de New York-
113Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Blues de St-Louis
114Logo de Golden Knights de VegasLogo de Jets de Winnipeg
115Logo de Predators de Nashville-
116Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-
117Logo de Bruins de Boston-
118Logo de Wild du Minnesota-
119Logo de Capitals de Washington-
120Logo de Panthers de la Floride-
121Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
122Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
123Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-
124Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Avalanche du Colorado
125Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
126Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-
127Logo de Islanders de New York-
128Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Golden Knights de Vegas
17 juin 2021 à 19 h 31
Your deal is bad
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 530
It seems like a lot of work went into this, great job!
17 juin 2021 à 19 h 52
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,226
If Philly keeps their pick and go after Ceulemans they are probably trading down and get a pick in the process. Otherwise well thought out mock draft.
17 juin 2021 à 19 h 59
Jackson
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 45
great mock draft all round but what from I've seen coronato in a late first or early second

his international ranking is 32 and just from what I've seen 18 is a little high

you did put a lot of work into this though. great job!!!!
17 juin 2021 à 21 h 26
Devils Guy
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 361
Yeah I'd still grab Hughes over Clarke. Good mock though.
17 juin 2021 à 22 h 5
CbjSabresDucks
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,180
IMO Hughes is the only projected top ten player i see and go "yeah, he wont be a jacket", although i wouldnt hate him. id much prefer Eklund there, and i remember seeing a reported suggest that hes heard CBJ might go for McTavish
17 juin 2021 à 22 h 40
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 38
The "Tampa's first pick.. Detroit's seventh pick" got me good.
bruinsdude77 a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2021 à 22 h 58
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,434
Oh so original that Montreal's three first picks are Quebecers .... And why is Montreal going for goaltenders early in your eyes? They've got Price which is kinda set in stone an NHL goaltender for the upcoming years, Allen is our backup (Until if picked by Seattle), Primeau is growing up in the AHL and Dobes' heading to the NCAA after a more than decent season in the USHL.
Also I'm not hating or biased but we've picked 2 guys out of the Q since 2008 (Quebec born or not) with a third round pick or earlier, Montreal doesn't like what the Q gives so ... I dig L'Heureux but I don't think that happens because of what the past has shown.
18 juin 2021 à 0 h 20
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,437
Great mock draft

I still the Devils take Hughes since Smith and Hughes can both play RD
18 juin 2021 à 9 h 3
True Reverse Retro
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,047
First, love the effort put into this mock.

I don't see Dallas taking Lambos though. The left side of Dallas blue line is actually pretty deep between Lindell, Heiskanen (assuming he gets moved back to the left side at some point), Harley, potentially Oleksiak, and a couple of college free agents that they have signed. If Ceulemans is off the board, Dallas is likely looking at guys like Chibrikov, Sillinger, Coronato, or they trade down. I have all 3 of them higher than Lambos & Lambos doesn't fill a need for Dallas in the short or long term
18 juin 2021 à 12 h 22
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,251
Well done. Just some constructive criticism from the Kings stand-point. I don't mind the Edvinsson pick, but when you get into the next rounds all you pick are relatively undersized, left-shot wingers. The Kings have plenty of those both at the NHL level and in the pipeline. I think there's a much stronger need for right-shot wingers with top-6 upside. Maybe a swing on Wyatt Johnston would be something LA would be interested in, hoping that he's got more to show.
18 juin 2021 à 12 h 52
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4
I would rather the wings go left defense or scoring with the first pick, they have plenty of draft ammunition to try and move up for Cossa (#21, and extra mid rounders)

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage