SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Montreal Canadiens Season Discussion Thread

18 juill. 2021 à 0 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
So there is an option that @nepTrystan suggested that I hadn’t even considered. Montréal and Seattle could have a deal in place where Seattle selects Price and sends him back to Montréal while retaining part of his salary. Price has 5 years left on his contract, so it would be extremely expensive, and I’m not sure the habs need cap space that badly, but it does fit with everything we know. I’m guessing we would be probably looking at a 1st round pick for every 15% or so ($1.6 million per year, $8 million total) if that were the case.
nepTrystan, A_Habs_fan et pinslack a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2021 à 0 h 34
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 99
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
So there is an option that @nepTrystan suggested that I hadn’t even considered. Montréal and Seattle could have a deal in place where Seattle selects Price and sends him back to Montréal while retaining part of his salary. Price has 5 years left on his contract, so it would be extremely expensive, and I’m not sure the habs need cap space that badly, but it does fit with everything we know. I’m guessing we would be probably looking at a 1st round pick for every 15% or so ($1.6 million per year, $8 million total) if that were the case.

Hi des grin

I didn't even know for the Angela's twitter message, it's better news x)
Kotkaniemi15 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2021 à 6 h 18
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,381
So Angela Price posted on Instagram: “Just checked my DM’s. Don’t worry guys things will make more sense soon”

Which at least shows that Carey & Co. know they’re not leaving Montréal. So as I see it, the 2 options are:

1. Bergevin & Price are 100% sure that Price won’t be chosen in the expansion draft. Although I have no idea how they’d be able to know this, since Francis wouldn’t want to show his hand in the hopes that Allen is exposed.
or
2. Bergevin made a trade with Seattle to protect Price, although this is unlikely, since I don’t see how protecting Price would cost Montréal less than protecting Allen.

Have to go with option 1

Quoting: SevenLeg
That $11M bonus Price was owed in September is a real disincentive for a brand new franchise.

For sure, plus Price isn’t exactly worth 10.5 now and he has multiple years left

Quoting: pinslack
Hello obscure section du forum que je viens de découvrir

So Perry isnt resigned : Drouin most likely exposed with Byron. MTL must know he's either LTIR or even out of hockey (i wouldnt rule that out). I don't think it's because he's ready to play (but not at MTL) but has lost so much value that he doesnt deserve a protection

Also : wow... le suspens est intenable! Price knows what he's doing, but he could do it for X family reason too...

I’m only okay with Drouin being exposed if there’s some knowledge MB knows but not us ( ex: he's demanded a trade, taking a break from hockey, etc )
pinslack et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2021 à 6 h 20
So there is an option that nepTrystan suggested that I hadn’t even considered. Montréal and Seattle could have a deal in place where Seattle selects Price and sends him back to Montréal while retaining part of his salary. Price has 5 years left on his contract, so it would be extremely expensive, and I’m not sure the habs need cap space that badly, but it does fit with everything we know. I’m guessing we would be probably looking at a 1st round pick for every 15% or so ($1.6 million per year, $8 million total) if that were the case.

It would be expensive but with our deep prospect pool, we could make it work something like 2021 1st, Harris ( or other good D prospect ) +
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2021 à 8 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
It would be expensive but with our deep prospect pool, we could make it work something like 2021 1st, Harris ( or other good D prospect ) +

Yeah, I’m not sure it’s worth it, especially because there’s no guarantee we’ll be able to spend that cap space. But it is a possibility, so we’ll see how this goes.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2021 à 9 h 29
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,650
Friedman on Price with RS : "The NHL would have to approve such a move, and I'd say that's very unlikely."

Engels : "I know a lot of creative ppl suggesting Habs may have worked it out to have Price claimed by Seattle and then traded back for assets with salary retained, but any pre-arranged deal like that would be negated by the NHL. It would be sidestepping the expansion draft rules."
18 juill. 2021 à 9 h 35
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Yeah, I’m not sure it’s worth it, especially because there’s no guarantee we’ll be able to spend that cap space. But it is a possibility, so we’ll see how this goes.

It will cost more, but it would still be possible dans worth it
18 juill. 2021 à 9 h 35
Friedman on Price with RS : "The NHL would have to approve such a move, and I'd say that's very unlikely."

Engels : "I know a lot of creative ppl suggesting Habs may have worked it out to have Price claimed by Seattle and then traded back for assets with salary retained, but any pre-arranged deal like that would be negated by the NHL. It would be sidestepping the expansion draft rules."

No frown I thought I was Big Brain 😂
18 juill. 2021 à 12 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
So Jo is exposed. No matter the reason, this is terrible news. I’m holding out hope that he doesn’t get selected and is with the habs in the fall.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2021 à 12 h 30
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,495

18 juill. 2021 à 14 h 54

Dont worry they said...
18 juill. 2021 à 15 h 21
https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2021/07/18/repechage-dexpansion-le-ch-devoile-sa-liste-de-protection-1

"Malgré les bons services qu’il a rendus au Canadien lors des dernières séries éliminatoires, les négociations entre les deux camps sont au point mort.

D’ailleurs, une source près du dossier a affirmé au Journal que Danault ne s’attend pas à signer à Montréal.

Selon une autre source, l’athlète originaire de Victoriaville exigerait une entente de cinq ou six saisons qui lui rapporterait annuellement un salaire avoisinant les 5,5 M$."

English : Danault isn't expecting to sign with MTL
18 juill. 2021 à 15 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan

Dont worry they said...

Well I guess there’s no trade then. Yay, more stress!
18 juill. 2021 à 15 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2021/07/18/repechage-dexpansion-le-ch-devoile-sa-liste-de-protection-1

"Malgré les bons services qu’il a rendus au Canadien lors des dernières séries éliminatoires, les négociations entre les deux camps sont au point mort.

D’ailleurs, une source près du dossier a affirmé au Journal que Danault ne s’attend pas à signer à Montréal.

Selon une autre source, l’athlète originaire de Victoriaville exigerait une entente de cinq ou six saisons qui lui rapporterait annuellement un salaire avoisinant les 5,5 M$."

English : Danault isn't expecting to sign with MTL

If he leaves for $5.5 million or less elsewhere I swear to god…

What the hell is Bergevin going to do with all this cap space? Trying to lure a bunch of free agents here isn’t exactly foolproof strategy. We have a really good player who’s willing to come back at a reasonable number, and is extremely valuable to this team. Not to mention the fact that no C available comes even close to being as good as him.

If we don’t sign Danault, we better sign Bonino. Making a trade would be stupid, unless it’s some great deal.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2021 à 15 h 36
If he leaves for $5.5 million or less elsewhere I swear to god…

What the hell is Bergevin going to do with all this cap space? Trying to lure a bunch of free agents here isn’t exactly foolproof strategy. We have a really good player who’s willing to come back at a reasonable number, and is extremely valuable to this team. Not to mention the fact that no C available comes even close to being as good as him.

If we don’t sign Danault, we better sign Bonino. Making a trade would be stupid, unless it’s some great deal.

Hands down the most ****ed up offseason for MTL ever
18 juill. 2021 à 15 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Hands down the most ****ed up offseason for MTL ever

This is the weirdest off-season by any team that I’ve ever seen. The fact that they made it to the cup finals plays into that.
lucal2228 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2021 à 17 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
I’d like to share with you all a very fun (and definitely not depressing whatsoever) possibility of what the Kraken could look like:
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2575667
18 juill. 2021 à 17 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
This is hilarious, amazing, and terrible all at the same time.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/seravalli-prices-health-concerns-cloud-krakens-expansion-selection/

Sources indicated it was Price’s idea to waive his “no-move” clause, knowing the uncertainty of his health. The belief is he did not want to see the Kraken to select Allen, himself being potentially unavailable to start the season, thus leaving the Canadiens in a tough spot to fill the void without both of their netminders. The Canadiens themselves waffled on what to do. Sources say Bergevin worked the phones well into Saturday afternoon trying to find a proper return for Allen, being ultimately deciding to play the card that Price left him in his back pocket.

So on the bright side, the habs timed everything perfectly to screw over Seattle, and they almost certainly won’t pick Carey. On the other hand, Price is injured again, which really, really sucks. And it means the need for Allen is that much greater.
pinslack et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2021 à 17 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
All of this probably means that Price is 100% not getting chosen, and Montréal needs to sign a 3rd goalie this offseason to fill in while Price is out.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2021 à 18 h 30
This is hilarious, amazing, and terrible all at the same time.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/seravalli-prices-health-concerns-cloud-krakens-expansion-selection/

Sources indicated it was Price’s idea to waive his “no-move” clause, knowing the uncertainty of his health. The belief is he did not want to see the Kraken to select Allen, himself being potentially unavailable to start the season, thus leaving the Canadiens in a tough spot to fill the void without both of their netminders. The Canadiens themselves waffled on what to do. Sources say Bergevin worked the phones well into Saturday afternoon trying to find a proper return for Allen, being ultimately deciding to play the card that Price left him in his back pocket.

So on the bright side, the habs timed everything perfectly to screw over Seattle, and they almost certainly won’t pick Carey. On the other hand, Price is injured again, which really, really sucks. And it means the need for Allen is that much greater.

When Price retires, his number is getting retired and he’s offered a job in the org ( if he wants to join it’s his choice )
18 juill. 2021 à 20 h 12
Hop on the Slaftrain

That's such a bad take I can't
A_Habs_fan et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2021 à 20 h 30

Oof, one of Drouin/Kulak/Fleury is gone, Byron/Price/Weber are the outliers
18 juill. 2021 à 21 h 37
Mentions "j'aime": 7
That $11M bonus Price was owed in September is a real disincentive for a brand new franchise.

Seattle just spent $650m in expansion fees. You really think $11m is going to phase them? Nope.
nickthehabsfan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2021 à 21 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan

Lmao. No, don’t take the proven NHL player, instead take the guy with a ceiling as an AHL 1C.
SevenLeg et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
19 juill. 2021 à 10 h 26
Hop on the Slaftrain

Danault's house is on sale.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage