Forums/Armchair-GM

Isles 2020-2021

Créé par: Fafhrd
Équipe: 2020-21 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 13 sept. 2020
Publié: 13 sept. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
1. Boychuck will probably be LTIR. I can trade him if need be.
2. NHL RFA/UFA contracts will be 20-30% lower than they were in 2019; factor in the virus, lockdown, and boycott fallout on sports. Players will want to sign either short or long term deals because the cap's gonna be flat at least 2-3 years. Remember, Isles GM is Lou Lamoriello. He's not going to overpay for RFAs or UFAs, and the Isles are moving into UBS Arena in 2021.
3. Red Wings are nowhere ready to compete. Zetterberg's contract is up next year, that swap gives them Ladd (who might play) and puts them further away from the Cap Floor. Flippula for Komarov is a contract swap. Isles don't need LW/RW but could use a 3/4 C if Cizikas gets hurt (and he will). Wings need D and Aho has been NHL ready for a while, just not a Trotz D (he's kinda small).
4. I want to keep Leddy but I'd rather have the cap space and draft pick. I can go with a 2nd rounder instead, but Leddy's postseason play away from Boychuk has risen his stock considerably. Jets need defense and Leddy's a perfect fit. They could also do something useful with Ho-Sang, I guess. Willing to throw more stuff into the trade but not much more.
5. Hall wants to go to a winner. There's a hole on L1 for him to play next to Barzal. Again, Cap hits won't be gangbusters. I could easily go with Hoffman, Fast, or Toffoli, though.
6. I'm not against the Isles keeping Matt Martin, but he's not the player he was.
7. It'll be hilarious if the Isles somehow win the Cup in 2020 and keep their 1st round pick in the JG Pageau trade.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
87 500 000 $
83 500 000 $
83 500 000 $
1800 000 $
1700 000 $
1950 000 $
1850 000 $
1750 000 $
1750 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
77 000 000 $
21 000 000 $
Transactions
NYI
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (WPG)
WPG
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de WPG
Logo de EDM
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $77 913 334 $0 $1 075 000 $3 586 666 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Islanders de New York
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 4
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 6
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 5
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
UFA - 4
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 6
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
AD
RFA - 3
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
3 350 000 $3 350 000 $
C
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 3
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 4
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
DD
RFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
700 000 $700 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
6 083 333 $6 083 333 $
C
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
13 sept. 2020 à 1 h 26
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 301
Pretty good contracts in Pulock and Toews
Fafhrd a aimé ceci.
13 sept. 2020 à 1 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 24
They could get more, but let's face it: the NHL has a flat cap and it's going to STAY there for a while. And Lou Lamoriello is not the guy to play games with.
13 sept. 2020 à 1 h 52
Red Wing Nut
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 302
Wings NOT interested
buffbry et NLidstrom a aimé ceci.
13 sept. 2020 à 1 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Mike
Wings NOT interested

Why not? Remember, Wings need to hit the Cap Floor and Zetterberg's contract is up after this season. Basically it's Flippula for Komarov and Aho and Ladd for Zetterberg and a 2nd rounder. Aho is blocked on the NHL level for the Isles (mostly b/c Trotz has a defensive "type"). I can go with a 3rd rounder in a pinch, though.
13 sept. 2020 à 2 h 10
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 301
Quoting: Fafhrd
Why not? Remember, Wings need to hit the Cap Floor and Zetterberg's contract is up after this season. Basically it's Flippula for Komarov and Aho and Ladd for Zetterberg and a 2nd rounder. Aho is blocked on the NHL level for the Isles (mostly b/c Trotz has a defensive "type"). I can go with a 3rd rounder in a pinch, though.

Wings are in a great position financially with enough in cap to get their players signed. Sure Bertuzzi and Mantha will eat up some of the cap, but hey, they’re fine financially.
buffbry et BStinson a aimé ceci.
13 sept. 2020 à 2 h 13
Buffbry
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,369
Wings pass this is terrible. You are going to be surrendering firsts and top prospects to get rid of those contracts. Wings are not trading 2nds during a rebuild and zetteberg goes on ltir. The trade is more ladd for 2021 first, bode Wilde and Kiefer bellows for Adam erne
AnyoneButTheBruins, redwingsfan04, NLidstrom and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
13 sept. 2020 à 2 h 14
Buffbry

After wings sign their own players mantha and bertuzzi they will be above the cap floor, this point is moot
AnyoneButTheBruins, redwingsfan04, NLidstrom and 2 others a aimé ceci.
13 sept. 2020 à 2 h 17
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,386
Jets pass big time. They aren’t paying that much for leddy lol. He’s not that good anymore and a good season won’t change that. Anyways, the jets need a big, physical top 4 d, which leddy isnt
13 sept. 2020 à 2 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: ICantHaveFunWithMyUsername
Wings are in a great position financially with enough in cap to get their players signed. Sure Bertuzzi and Mantha will eat up some of the cap, but hey, they’re fine financially.

And then Zetterberg's contract comes off the table...

Bertuzzi and Mantha will get paid, but look at the following season, and the next, and the next. And the NHL isn't going to go overboard with RFA contracts when the entire league is looking at financial contraction.
13 sept. 2020 à 2 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: buffbry
Wings pass this is terrible. You are going to be surrendering firsts and top prospects to get rid of those contracts. Wings are not trading 2nds during a rebuild and zetteberg goes on ltir. The trade is more ladd for 2021 first, bode Wilde and Kiefer bellows for Adam erne

Go look up the Cap Floor and then get back to me. Zetterberg's contract is up after next season. LTIR only works for teams OVER the cap, Wings are using it to GET to the Cap Floor.

Why does everyone forget how cap mules work? And the 2nd is for Aho and Ladd. Pay attention. Aho is what they'd want for the rebuild.
13 sept. 2020 à 2 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: arafay
Jets pass big time. They aren’t paying that much for leddy lol. He’s not that good anymore and a good season won’t change that. Anyways, the jets need a big, physical top 4 d, which leddy isnt

Have you seen Leddy in the playoffs? Playing with Greene has changed his game so much that the Isles haven't put Boychuk back in. Leddy's 29, still can QB a PP, is fantastic on offensive zone entries, moves the puck well, and plays a solid 2 way game. Jets need defense big time to replace a laundry list of guys who are UFAs. Leddy makes sense.
13 sept. 2020 à 2 h 40
StevieY19!!
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 690
Go look up the Cap Floor and then get back to me. Zetterberg's contract is up after next season. LTIR only works for teams OVER the cap, Wings are using it to GET to the Cap Floor.

Why does everyone forget how cap mules work? And the 2nd is for Aho and Ladd. Pay attention. Aho is what they'd want for the rebuild.

Man it's a flat cap for what might be 3 years so many teams are going to be strapped. Many already are including yours. Red Wings are in one of the best positions to take on cap. Go see almost every other ACGM any cap that red wings are taking on they are going to be getting picks/prospects for. Like if they take on Eriksson, Ladd, and many other bad contracts they will be getting a ton of picks for them. Teams know right now they have to pay to get rid of crap contracts. Also, I think Barzal signs for quite a bit more than that same with Hall. Man I think this is a huge pipedream sorry.

EDIT: now they are saying that Vegas is going to even have to pay to get rid of FLEURY's contract put that into prospective and think man I guess I have to pay to get rid of Ladd
buffbry et redwingsfan04 a aimé ceci.
13 sept. 2020 à 2 h 40
Buffbry
Modifié 13 sept. 2020 à 2 h 46

They will be just fine getting to the cap floor, we are not doing you any favors by taking the worst contracts in the nhl for nothing. You will pay us what we want a first and those prospects or you can keep them during a flat cap year and we will happily move on with our rebuild. We will be above the cap floor when we sign our own guys figure it out. Even after next year, we will sign other guys or make trades to absorb cap hits for assets. We aren't giving you a 2nd for aho anyway. Rebuilding teams through the draft do not give up assets, they get them for taking the contracts. Sorry pal you are wrong and can keep your garbage players and contracts since you won't give us picks and prospects, have fun trying to sign barzal @10M per year
13 sept. 2020 à 2 h 45
Have you seen Leddy in the playoffs? Playing with Greene has changed his game so much that the Isles haven't put Boychuk back in. Leddy's 29, still can QB a PP, is fantastic on offensive zone entries, moves the puck well, and plays a solid 2 way game. Jets need defense big time to replace a laundry list of guys who are UFAs. Leddy makes sense.

The jets had a big issue with size on the back end against Calgary. They need to add size and leddy isn’t that. Again, as I said, leddy isn’t worth anywhere near a first to the jets. I mean he’s not worth a first to anyone but...

I’m not saying leddy is bad. I’m just saying he’s not what the jets are looking for
13 sept. 2020 à 2 h 52
Isles7
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
Quoting: AnyoneButTheBruins
Man it's a flat cap for what might be 3 years so many teams are going to be strapped. Many already are including yours. Red Wings are in one of the best positions to take on cap. Go see almost every other ACGM any cap that red wings are taking on they are going to be getting picks/prospects for. Like if they take on Eriksson, Ladd, and many other bad contracts they will be getting a ton of picks for them. Teams know right now they have to pay to get rid of crap contracts. Also, I think Barzal signs for quite a bit more than that same with Hall. Man I think this is a huge pipedream sorry.

EDIT: now they are saying that Vegas is going to even have to pay to get rid of FLEURY's contract put that into prospective and think man I guess I have to pay to get rid of Ladd

To be fair, fleury sucks. He’s barely worth 3 mill per year.
13 sept. 2020 à 2 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 13 sept. 2020 à 3 h 0

Flat cap means players get less on RFA/ UFA contracts. Anyone thinking Barzal's getting $10 million is thinking its still 2019. Not happening. He might get more than $7.5 million, but probably not. This also means the Wings aren't paying top dollar for their RFAs just because. Sure, Mantha and Bertuzzi will get good money but 20-30% less (possibly more) than what it would have been. You have to factor that in.

Remember, Zetterberg's contract will be up, and the cap will still be flat. And then you have another $17.2 million coming off the books NEXT season (with Zetterberg, that's $23.3 million). Ladd can also help be a veteran on the team, and you'd get the real star of the deal: Sebastian Aho, who's really good but blocked on the Isles. He's worth more than draft picks. Again, I'd be fine with a 3rd rounder in the trade anyways.

Also, this happens EVERY YEAR "Oh noes team XYZ has no cap space what do they do?" and then they find a way to move the contracts and free up space. It's going to happen. Might not with this move, but I like the way it gives the Red Wings more cap floor certanity*, and a viable (young) player to help anchor the defense. And it helps the Isles out, too.

*You have no idea how important this is; I'll take market certanity over fluctuation any day of the week. Takes the zero-sum percentages out of the game and gives you the freedom to look at other options and resources without having to play the doubt game.
13 sept. 2020 à 2 h 54
Démarrer sujet
The jets had a big issue with size on the back end against Calgary. They need to add size and leddy isn’t that. Again, as I said, leddy isn’t worth anywhere near a first to the jets. I mean he’s not worth a first to anyone but...

I’m not saying leddy is bad. I’m just saying he’s not what the jets are looking for

He's a pretty good upgrade over Kulikov (who I happen to like). Beggars also can't be choosers- no guarantee you'll get what you want on the trade/UFA market. As it is, I'd rather have Leddy than most of the guys on the market. And I DON'T want to trade Leddy, but I think the Isles have to.
13 sept. 2020 à 2 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Btw, if anyone says "garbage players" or taunts, I will report you. Fair warning, I don't play the internet trash talk game. Until then, you get ignored unless you apologize.
13 sept. 2020 à 2 h 59
Démarrer sujet

Nah, Fleury's problem is that he's making $7 million, his agent sandbagged the Knights, and there's a glut of goalies on the market. Why get Fleury in a trade when you can get Greiss or Markstrom? They'd have to pay because of the position and the situation.
13 sept. 2020 à 3 h 1
He's a pretty good upgrade over Kulikov (who I happen to like). Beggars also can't be choosers- no guarantee you'll get what you want on the trade/UFA market. As it is, I'd rather have Leddy than most of the guys on the market. And I DON'T want to trade Leddy, but I think the Isles have to.

Oh I don’t disagree. Under normal circumstances I would take leddy above others too. The problem is that the jets defence is too small. They need a big top 4 guy like Edmundson or Dillon, no matter how inferior to leddy, until Samberg is ready. Again, it’s just a matter of fit.

Also I highly doubt the jets bring back kulikov (who has gotten much better since his surgery) for that reason. The jets will be looking for size in FA or through trade. I made a jets post that I will post in the evening (too late for people to see right now). Take a look at that one, I think you might be surprised how I went about getting that big top 4 d.
13 sept. 2020 à 3 h 3
StevieY19!!
Mentions "j'aime": 690
Flat cap means players get less on RFA/ UFA contracts. Anyone thinking Barzal's getting $10 million is thinking its still 2019. Not happening. He might get more, but probably not. This also means the Wings aren't paying top dollar for their RFAs just because. Sure, Mantha and Bertuzzi will get good money but 20-30% less (possibly more) than what it would have been. You have to factor that in.

Remember, Zetterberg's contract will be up, and the cap will still be flat. And then you have another $17.2 million coming off the books NEXT season (with Zetterberg, that's $23.3 million). Ladd can also help be a veteran on the team, and you'd get the real star of the deal: Sebastian Aho, who's really good but blocked on the Isles. He's worth more than draft picks. Again, I'd be fine with a 3rd rounder in the trade anyways.

Also, this happens EVERY YEAR "Oh noes team XYZ has no cap space what do they do?" and then they find a way to move the contracts and free up space. It's going to happen. Might not with this move, but I like the way it gives the Red Wings more cap floor certanity*, and a viable (young) player to help anchor the defense. And it helps the Isles out, too.

*You have no idea how important this is; I'll take market certanity over fluctuation any day of the week. Takes the zero-sum percentages out of the game and gives you the freedom to look at other options and resources without having to play the doubt game.

I understand there's a flat cap but I doubt players will be taking less otherwise the NHLPA will be all over that and we would have probably seen a free buyout. I don't think players are going to take less if the team tries to low ball them they will arbitrate it and more than likely get close to what they want. Obviously this isn't the case for all RFA's but for Mantha and Bert it is. Just look at the Marleau contract they had to trade a first because their cap situation and Isles are in a pretty bad cap situation as well and Ladd's contract is for 3 more year his contract is worse than Abdelkader's and his play level is pretty comparable, so there's not a fat chance I'm taking on that contract without getting something in return and if have to hit the cap floor we can sign some actual nhl players that can contribute 6 million dollars worth of play level not 1-1.5.
13 sept. 2020 à 3 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Oh I don’t disagree. Under normal circumstances I would take leddy above others too. The problem is that the jets defence is too small. They need a big top 4 guy like Edmundson or Dillon, no matter how inferior to leddy, until Samberg is ready. Again, it’s just a matter of fit

Leddy is 6 feet tall, 207 lbs. He's not exactly small and his puck handling skills can't be ignored.

Also, Edmundson will likely sign with the Canadiens. Dillon's meh.
13 sept. 2020 à 3 h 12
Démarrer sujet
I understand there's a flat cap but I doubt players will be taking less otherwise the NHLPA will be all over that and we would have probably seen a free buyout. I don't think players are going to take less if the team tries to low ball them they will arbitrate it and more than likely get close to what they want. Obviously this isn't the case for all RFA's but for Mantha and Bert it is. Just look at the Marleau contract they had to trade a first because their cap situation and Isles are in a pretty bad cap situation as well and Ladd's contract is for 3 more year his contract is worse than Abdelkader's and his play level is pretty comparable, so there's not a fat chance I'm taking on that contract without getting something in return and if have to hit the cap floor we can sign some actual nhl players that can contribute 6 million dollars worth of play level not 1-1.5.

Players are already talking about taking lower contracts. No one's paying $10 million. It's not just the flat cap, it's the fact that we don't even know if there will be fans in the stands in 2021, and how much the boycotts pissed the fanbases off. And we'll have to make sure the US and Canada can have international flights again, too.

Some teams are financially okay cap wise for next season, provided they don't want to add a lot. Otherwise, there are only a few teams that aren't close to the cap and it's not enough to move the UFA needle. (Don't forget that guys like Barzal are RFAs- and he doesn't have arbitration rights*). All of this is going to limit the ability of players to swing massive contracts in the short term. How short? Don't know. They'll still get good contracts, though.

*$7.5 million is also right in the pre-2020 range for Barzal. It's comparable to what talent on and around his level made in their RFA contracts. Again, I built in space with my cap that would allow me the flexibilty to add/subtract. And I can always move Hickey and dump Ross Johnson into the minors. And if Ladd is willing to go LTIR I don't even need to pull a trigger on a Wings trade, although I like how it'd work out for both teams.
13 sept. 2020 à 3 h 13
Leddy is 6 feet tall, 207 lbs. He's not exactly small and his puck handling skills can't be ignored.

Also, Edmundson will likely sign with the Canadiens. Dillon's meh.

Kulikov is 6’1 204 lbs and as I said, we need to get bigger on the back end. Edmundson is 6’5 and dillon 6’4 and they are hard hitters which is exactly what we need. We don’t need a defensemen with puck skills, especially for this price. He is not worth a first. Maybe a 2nd to some teams but defiantly not a first. Also, the jets have plenty of puck movers in Morrissey, pionk, and poolman
13 sept. 2020 à 3 h 37
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 641
I'm sorry dude, but that Red Wings trade is laughably bad.
AnyoneButTheBruins, NLidstrom, BStinson and 1 other person a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage