Forums/Armchair-GM

Draft Day Trade

Créé par: The_Puck_Whisperer
Équipe: 2020-21 Kings de Los Angeles
Date de création initiale: 30 juin 2020
Publié: 30 juin 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Draft Byfield & Stuzle so BF3551 and I can finally get along lol.
Transactions
LAK
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (SJS)
OTT
  1. Turcotte, Alex
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (VGK)
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (LAK)
Rachats de contrats
Frais de résiliation
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de LAK
Logo de SJS
Logo de LAK
Logo de VAN
Logo de LAK
Logo de CBJ
Logo de LAK
Logo de CGY
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de STL
Logo de TOR
Logo de LAK
Logo de CGY
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1681 500 000 $55 226 364 $0 $2 550 000 $26 273 636 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
2 425 000 $2 425 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 636 364 $2 636 364 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
5 875 000 $5 875 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C
RFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, C
RFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 7
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
G
UFA - 3
700 000 $700 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
858 333 $858 333 $
G
UFA - 2
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD, AG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 5
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,382
ahahha. I feel ya. Thats the reason im glad we have 3rd. The decision is on you guys and the decision may or may not haunt you forever. I love both so much but based on an insider, Stutzle was partying in Germany once he found out LA could be taking him. And theres a German connection with the assistant coach. I really have a feeling they take him. They also didnt interview Byfield when they were a bottom 5 team
ZiggyPalffy a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 9
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 217
Quoting: csick
ahahha. I feel ya. Thats the reason im glad we have 3rd. The decision is on you guys and the decision may or may not haunt you forever. I love both so much but based on an insider, Stutzle was partying in Germany once he found out LA could be taking him. And theres a German connection with the assistant coach. I really have a feeling they take him. They also didnt interview Byfield when they were a bottom 5 team

Unfotunate I'd rather Stuzle over Byfield for Ottawa
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 10
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,805
Not a good start at patching up a violent debate history.
Why would we give up Turcotte in order to draft Byfield? Byfield has many flaws to overcome as we've talked about. Turcotte can make a serious case to be in the Kings lineup next year. Byfields ceiling isn't much higher than Vilardis or Turcottes.
csick a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 11
KFTW
Quoting: sens2020
Unfotunate I'd rather Stuzle over Byfield for Ottawa

im torn; back and forth. Im all in on Byfield and Drysdale/Raymond or Stutzle and Rossi
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 11
KFTW
Quoting: Bf3351
Why would we give up Turcotte in order to draft Byfield? Byfield has many flaws to overcome as we've talked about. Turcotte can make a serious case to be in the Kings lineup next year. Byfields ceiling isn't much higher than Vilardis or Turcottes.

Byfield's ceiling is around Barkov or a bit better imo. Stutzle's ceiling is around Giroux in his prime imo
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7

It’s definitely 50/50 in my mind. I don’t read too much into the fact they didn’t interview him. We also don’t know who else they did or didn’t interview. Byfield is too much player to pass on...
csick et sens2020 a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 13
Banni
Byfield's ceiling is around Barkov or a bit better imo. Stutzle's ceiling is around Giroux in his prime imo

Vilardis ceiling is Kopitars and so far that is better than Barkov. Turcottes ceiling is Toews, hopefully he gets there. As long as one of then reaches there ceiling that's all that matters to me. The other can be 2C
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 14
KFTW
Quoting: The_Puck_Whisperer
It’s definitely 50/50 in my mind. I don’t read too much into the fact they didn’t interview him. We also don’t know who else they did or didn’t interview. Byfield is too much player to pass on...

Sure but Stutzle is versatile, a wizard with the puck and could challenge Laf for best player in this draft class. A ton of mocks and analysts have him at 2, i really think they like him more. Add in to the fact that he can be a centre or LW since they have Kopitar, Vilardi and Turcotte and i dont think its a big stretch they take him
ZiggyPalffy a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 15
im torn; back and forth. Im all in on Byfield and Drysdale/Raymond or Stutzle and Rossi

1.Laf
2.Stuzle
3.Byfield
4. Perfetti
5. Raymond
6. Holtz
This is just the order I think Ottawa should have them for their two picks and maybe if one falls trade up for him. I do not want to draft a dman neither of them really stand out to me and we can get two of these guys guaranteed and hopefully trade up for a third
ZiggyPalffy a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 15
Démarrer sujet

In my opinion I think both Stuzle and Byfield will be better than Turcotte. Byfields ceiling is much higher than Vilardi and Turcotte. But like you always say “he has flaws”. So do all the prospects lol
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 15
Banni

McKenzie, Button, and many others have Stutzle ranked a 2. Some scouts have Byfield ranked as low as 6. Stutzle is too much of a player to pass on. Don't underestimate the germans. Draisaitl should have gone 1OA.
sens2020 et csick a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 15
KFTW
Vilardis ceiling is Kopitars and so far that is better than Barkov. Turcottes ceiling is Toews, hopefully he gets there. As long as one of then reaches there ceiling that's all that matters to me. The other can be 2C

Barkov is way better than Kopitar offensively but Kopitar is better defensively
The_Puck_Whisperer a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 16
KFTW
1.Laf
2.Stuzle
3.Byfield
4. Perfetti
5. Raymond
6. Holtz
This is just the order I think Ottawa should have them for their two picks and maybe if one falls trade up for him. I do not want to draft a dman neither of them really stand out to me and we can get two of these guys guaranteed and hopefully trade up for a third

Id have Raymond or Rossi at 5
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 18
Id have Raymond or Rossi at 5

Rossi is definetly the best player right now but I don't think he has much more potential to grow. He has already reached pretty much his max physical capactiy where the rest of these guys have some room to grow. I'd have Rossi and Drysdale as 7/8 for Ottawa to take but they will go higher than I'd like them at.

As cool as it would be to get a 67's player Rossi and Quinn both has flash in the pan seasons on the best junior team the CHL has seen in a long time. Neither of them were close to that good the season before and I wouldn't be surprised if neither of them lived up to the hype. IMO the last 67's player we took was Ceci and we should stay away again this year
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 19
Banni
In my opinion I think both Stuzle and Byfield will be better than Turcotte. Byfields ceiling is much higher than Vilardi and Turcotte. But like you always say “he has flaws”. So do all the prospects lol

Fair enough, except most prospects aren't 6'4 soon to be 6'5 and lack physicality.

That's your opinion and a lot of people defer from it. Stutzle is the BPA and the better playmaker as well as the better all-rounded player hence why the Kings need to pick him.
csick a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 19
KFTW
Rossi is definetly the best player right now but I don't think he has much more potential to grow. He has already reached pretty much his max physical capactiy where the rest of these guys have some room to grow. I'd have Rossi and Drysdale as 7/8 for Ottawa to take but they will go higher than I'd like them at

Ive always wanted them to draft Raymond. He's a complete player imo
sens2020 a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 20
Banni
Barkov is way better than Kopitar offensively but Kopitar is better defensively

Kings dont want offensive players. They play defense first hockey. Look what happens when you have too many offensive players like Toronto. They break your bank.
csick a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 22
Ive always wanted them to draft Raymond. He's a complete player imo

I think taking Raymond and Holtz would be awesome to pair with Brannstrom to create a Swedish connection on Ottawa once again. Also Raymond plays for same team Karlsson did in Sweeden so their is that connection as well. Would not be mad at all with him at 5OA
csick a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 27
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 12,136
If LA wants Stutzle, Ottawa would be better off getting Byfield imo. Nothing against Turcotte, I just think Byfield has more potential to be a game breaker.
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 30
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 6,181
Byfields ceiling isn't much higher than Vilardis or Turcottes.

Ooh, yea, I don't agree with this one. Vilardi and Turcotte are both going to be fine players in the NHL, but Byfield is projected to be a franchise player. His main comparable has been Evgeni Malkin. Neither Turcotte nor Vilardi have that potential.

Kings dont want offensive players. They play defense first hockey. Look what happens when you have too many offensive players like Toronto. They break your bank.

This used to be true. However, I think that the Kings are moving away from this philosophy. At the state of the franchise event in 2018, Blake said that offense will no longer take a backseat to defense. I think they'd still like to get defensively responsible players, but they're not going to be stacking their bottom six with guys like Trevor Lewis and Dwight King anymore. I don't think we're going to be run-and-gun like the Penguins or Maple Leafs and just throw defense out the window, but defense isn't going to be this team's religion anymore.

I'm honestly good with either Byfield or Stutzle. If the Kings can pick up a quality asset by trading down from 2 to 3 and letting Ottawa take their choice, then I'd be ok with that. There's no way they trade down to #5 though.
30 juin 2020 à 14 h 42
Banni
Quoting: tkecanuck341
Ooh, yea, I don't agree with this one. Vilardi and Turcotte are both going to be fine players in the NHL, but Byfield is projected to be a franchise player. His main comparable has been Evgeni Malkin. Neither Turcotte nor Vilardi have that potential.

This used to be true. However, I think that the Kings are moving away from this philosophy. At the state of the franchise event in 2018, Blake said that offense will no longer take a backseat to defense. I think they'd still like to get defensively responsible players, but they're not going to be stacking their bottom six with guys like Trevor Lewis and Dwight King anymore. I don't think we're going to be run-and-gun like the Penguins or Maple Leafs and just throw defense out the window, but defense isn't going to be this team's religion anymore.

I'm honestly good with either Byfield or Stutzle. If the Kings can pick up a quality asset by trading down from 2 to 3 and letting Ottawa take their choice, then I'd be ok with that. There's no way they trade down to #5 though.

You obviously haven't watched enough of Byfield. The Malkin comparison is a bad one. Malkin is a hard hitting physical player with elite playmaking ability and a great goal scorer. Malkin's an extremely creative goalscorer, he can score in a million different ways.

Byfield is 6'4 with close to zero physicality in his game. He is not an elite playmaker and sometimes has difficulty making the hard to execute passes. He is a really good goal scorer, but somewhat limited in goal scoring. Not the most creative. Another thing I can't stand about his game is his tendency to get caught watching the play in his own end, as a center that is not a good sign. He doesn't have the best work ethic either. Of course he is a 17 year old prospect so he has time to improve his game. I project him as at least 3 years from making the NHL. It is most definitely very generous to compare him to Malkin, but the comparison is still very inaccurate.

I strongly suggest you watch more of Byfield and Stutzle so you know what we are getting into with the two of them.
30 juin 2020 à 15 h 36
You obviously haven't watched enough of Byfield. The Malkin comparison is a bad one. Malkin is a hard hitting physical player with elite playmaking ability and a great goal scorer. Malkin's an extremely creative goalscorer, he can score in a million different ways.

Byfield is 6'4 with close to zero physicality in his game. He is not an elite playmaker and sometimes has difficulty making the hard to execute passes. He is a really good goal scorer, but somewhat limited in goal scoring. Not the most creative. Another thing I can't stand about his game is his tendency to get caught watching the play in his own end, as a center that is not a good sign. He doesn't have the best work ethic either. Of course he is a 17 year old prospect so he has time to improve his game. I project him as at least 3 years from making the NHL. It is most definitely very generous to compare him to Malkin, but the comparison is still very inaccurate.

I strongly suggest you watch more of Byfield and Stutzle so you know what we are getting into with the two of them.

I have watched extensive highlights of both players and am equally impressed by them. I was previously leaning towards Stutzle until I learned about the age disparity between the players. Byfield is 7 months younger and a year behind in his development process. Given another year to develop, I can only imagine how far ahead his game will be next year.

I'm not sure where you get that Byfield isn't very physical. I mean sure, he's not a 4th line player that's out there looking to destroy players on every shift, but he definitely throws the body around. The nice part is that he doesn't really need to. He can beat you with his speed and puck skills. Some of his highlights remind me of Peter Forsberg, Jason Allison, and Anze Kopitar, and how they use their body to separate players from the puck. Once he gets the puck on his stick, you're not taking it from him. Here's a quote describing his play without the puck:

Quoting: Josh Bell, The Hockey Writers
Without the puck, opposing teams should be worried. He’s very likely to get it away from you through a hard forecheck or an effective backcheck. He causes a great number of turnovers with his long reach and his size and strength allow him to push opposing players off the puck. And remember, he’s still 17 years old. He’s still growing and he’ll continue to get stronger.

I think he'll probably need another season in junior before he's ready for the NHL, but projecting 3 years out is unrealistic.

Additionally, pretty much every scout praises Byfield's two-way game. I've heard the knocks on his playmaking ability, saying that it is "only very good" but not elite, but nothing knocking his work ethic or defensive play. All reports that I have read have given him top marks in both areas.

The Malkin comparable is not one that I came up with. Several scouts use that to describe him. Craig Button and Larry Fisher both make that comparison in this article, with additional comparisons to Auston Matthews and Anze Kopitar for certain aspects of their game. A quick Google search will show that several other scouts have made the same comparison to Malkin. The other comparison I have heard is Eric Staal. None of the comparisons made are bad company.

You also have to remember the competition that each player is playing against. Byfield is playing against some of the best 16-20 year olds in the best junior league in the world, while Stutzle is playing in a 7th or 8th tier men's professional league. I'd be much more confident in his abilities if he were playing in the SEL or Liiga, but the German league isn't really anything to get excited about. The league leader in scoring is Wayne Simpson, a player that was passed over multiple times in the NHL entry draft, who failed to crack an NHL roster. It's no surprise that Stutzle looks good against that competition.

I'm not saying that Byfield is the clear cut choice above Stutzle, either player would be a fine addition to the Kings. I'm just saying that I wouldn't dismiss Byfield for the reasons you describe either.
sens2020 et The_Puck_Whisperer a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2020 à 15 h 44
Démarrer sujet
I have watched extensive highlights of both players and am equally impressed by them. I was previously leaning towards Stutzle until I learned about the age disparity between the players. Byfield is 7 months younger and a year behind in his development process. Given another year to develop, I can only imagine how far ahead his game will be next year.

I'm not sure where you get that Byfield isn't very physical. I mean sure, he's not a 4th line player that's out there looking to destroy players on every shift, but he definitely throws the body around. The nice part is that he doesn't really need to. He can beat you with his speed and puck skills. Some of his highlights remind me of Peter Forsberg, Jason Allison, and Anze Kopitar, and how they use their body to separate players from the puck. Once he gets the puck on his stick, you're not taking it from him. Here's a quote describing his play without the puck:

I think he'll probably need another season in junior before he's ready for the NHL, but projecting 3 years out is unrealistic.

Additionally, pretty much every scout praises Byfield's two-way game. I've heard the knocks on his playmaking ability, saying that it is "only very good" but not elite, but nothing knocking his work ethic or defensive play. All reports that I have read have given him top marks in both areas.

The Malkin comparable is not one that I came up with. Several scouts use that to describe him. Craig Button and Larry Fisher both make that comparison in this article, with additional comparisons to Auston Matthews and Anze Kopitar for certain aspects of their game. A quick Google search will show that several other scouts have made the same comparison to Malkin. The other comparison I have heard is Eric Staal. None of the comparisons made are bad company.

You also have to remember the competition that each player is playing against. Byfield is playing against some of the best 16-20 year olds in the best junior league in the world, while Stutzle is playing in a 7th or 8th tier men's professional league. I'd be much more confident in his abilities if he were playing in the SEL or Liiga, but the German league isn't really anything to get excited about. The league leader in scoring is Wayne Simpson, a player that was passed over multiple times in the NHL entry draft, who failed to crack an NHL roster. It's no surprise that Stutzle looks good against that competition.

I'm not saying that Byfield is the clear cut choice above Stutzle, either player would be a fine addition to the Kings. I'm just saying that I wouldn't dismiss Byfield for the reasons you describe either.

Well stated
30 juin 2020 à 15 h 47
Banni

I'm glad you feel better about Byfield than I do.
Time will tell.
Regardless we need someone who can play wing. We already have a franchise center that has comparisons to Kopitar in Vilardi as well as another potential 1C in Turcotte.
You underestimate Stutzle and seem blind to the flaws in Byfields game.
30 juin 2020 à 16 h 37
I'm glad you feel better about Byfield than I do.
Time will tell.
Regardless we need someone who can play wing. We already have a franchise center that has comparisons to Kopitar in Vilardi as well as another potential 1C in Turcotte.
You underestimate Stutzle and seem blind to the flaws in Byfields game.

I don't underestimate Stutzle. I think he'll be an exceptional player in the NHL. Any team that gets him has a potential franchise player on their hands. I think he's on equal footing with Byfield right now, and the only reason why I lean towards Byfield is because he's a year younger. Byfield is significantly closer to where Lafreniere was at this point 12 months ago. I'm excited to see where Byfield could be 12 months from now.

Every player has flaws in his game. The flaws in Byfield's game are just hugely overshadowed by his strengths, and in areas that can be improved upon through professional coaching.

Stutzle's flaws are his strength and shot. Here's another quote from a direct comparison of both players:

Quoting: Ben Misfeldt, The Prospect Network
In the DEL this season, Stützle’s lack of strength was noticeable. When defenders were able to get to him, he got pushed off the puck quite easily, often falling to the ice when faced with obstruction. Building strength will be a key for Stützle’s transition to the NHL.

Quoting: Ben Misfeldt, The Prospect Network
Stützle’s shot is a significant weakness for him right now. It’s below average and is very reminiscent of Jack Hughes’ last year, in that they are both getting a lot of scoring opportunities but are rarely putting the puck in the net. He’s capable of scoring flashy goals but most of the time it’s a weak, sporadic shot on net.

byfield-stutzle-1.png?w=414&h=453

Strength and shot are two areas that you can't really teach. You either have it or you don't. Hopefully Stutzle can grow into his frame and work on the physicality issue, as the lack of strength is only going to magnify when he starts playing against the biggest and strongest players in the world in the NHL. The shot issue is concerning as well. However, neither are dealbreakers. Like I said, anyone that gets Stutzle is getting a quality player.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage