Forums/Armchair-GM

Really Nice Team

Créé par: nics6ix
Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 20 mai 2020
Publié: 20 mai 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Moving Robertson to the third line playing with Kerfoot and Kapanen could be explosive next year, leading to three consistent lines of constant attack.

I decided to try to make a talented, true 4th line by adding Lemieux who has talent and is young, but has a lot of grit to his game, as well as bringing back Clifford who fits the role of a 4th liner to a tee, and also bringing back Spezza who has proved that he can still perform at a high level.

For defence, I took a chance on Phillipe Myers who can add tremendous depth to our defensive group and can go a long way in securing the right side. The last spot can be battled with Lehtonen, Sandin, and Liljegren, assuming Holl is able to sustain the same level of play that earned him his $2 mil contract.

The defence becomes a little more stable, while I believe the offence becomes even more explosive and fiesty, ready to play both scrappy and fast hockey.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 650 000 $
21 000 000 $
32 300 000 $
32 150 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
1800 000 $
21 200 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Andersson, Lias
  2. Lemieux, Brendan [Droits de RFA]
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2020 (DAL)
NYR
  1. Johnsson, Andreas
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2020 (VGK)
TOR
  1. Myers, Philippe [Droits de RFA]
PHI
  1. Bracco, Jeremy [Droits de RFA]
  2. Engvall, Pierre
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2020 (VGK)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de DAL
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de COL
Logo de SJS
Logo de STL
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2181 500 000 $81 477 283 $0 $0 $22 717 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 4
821 667 $821 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 4
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 3
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 150 000 $2 150 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
700 000 $700 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
20 mai 2020 à 16 h 53
Dubas isnt a genius
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 681
Unpopular opinion time:
I honestly think we don't need to add on defence:

Sandin is ready to have a breakout year after a dominant AHL performance last year and a productive call-up. He has also shown he can play right-side and would not be surprised if he ended up with Rielly. Muzzin and Holl are already a great pairing and don't need to be touched. That leaves us with Dermott and Lehtonen who I'm fine with playing together. So basically, we have a solid second pairing, a wildcard bottom pairing with two guys set to explode this year, and a mediocre top pairing.

People often overlook the fact that an elite defencemen like Rielly doesn't need another elite defencemen, they need someone who plays a complimentary game, like Hainsey. People also overlook the fact that Dermott is already a solid 2nd pairing defensemen at the ripe age of 23. He was a year younger then DeMelo was when he was part of the Karlsson trade, and Dermott is significantly better then DeMelo was at that time. It's ridiculous to think people want to ship Dermott of for scraps just to go sign him.
Gauss a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2020 à 16 h 54
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,255
I think that you have a pretty rosy outlook on those trades. Johnsson for Lemieux is fair value, but I doubt you'd get much more, and I'd be shocked if Myers cost you anyone less than Kapanen. The Flyers have pretty high hopes for him.
20 mai 2020 à 17 h 8
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,333
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I think that you have a pretty rosy outlook on those trades. Johnsson for Lemieux is fair value, but I doubt you'd get much more, and I'd be shocked if Myers cost you anyone less than Kapanen. The Flyers have pretty high hopes for him.

Agree, you aren't getting Myers for Engvall...a 4th is a throw in sweetner as is Bracco (who's worth a 4th or 5th)

You also aren't getting Anderson and a 3rd plus Lemieux for Johnsson...that's pretty far off.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2020 à 17 h 14
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: ChiHawk
Agree, you aren't getting Myers for Engvall...a 4th is a throw in sweetner as is Bracco (who's worth a 4th or 5th)

Myers is the only rightie behind Niskanen they have signed for next season, and Niskanen is on an expiring contract; moreover, they don't have anyone on that side in the system likely to make the team next year. I don't see Philly being any more eager to deal Myers than Anaheim is to deal Manson.

Since you're a Chicago guy, tell me whether I'm right in thinking that Connor Murphy isn't going anywhere, either.
20 mai 2020 à 17 h 15
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,264

I agree that the trades are quite optimistic, but I do have to disagree with that part. Johnsson > Lemieux for me unless Johnsson's injury absolutely craters him.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2020 à 17 h 17
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
I agree that the trades are quite optimistic, but I do have to disagree with that part. Johnsson > Lemieux for me unless Johnsson's injury absolutely craters him.

My thought (it's not an effort at evaluation) is that NY will be reluctant to give Lemieux up without a fight; it would have to be a very tempting offer.
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2020 à 17 h 20
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,333
Myers is the only rightie behind Niskanen they have signed for next season, and Niskanen is on an expiring contract; moreover, they don't have anyone on that side in the system likely to make the team next year. I don't see Philly being any more eager to deal Myers than Anaheim is to deal Manson.

Since you're a Chicago guy, tell me whether I'm right in thinking that Connor Murphy isn't going anywhere, either.

Not sure on Murphy. Depends on two things;
1) if Seabs is looking good skating once the practice facility opens up after 3 surgeries in January
2) if there is a CBO or not as Seabs will be CBO'd if there is
2) if Mitchell is looking good once the team starts practicing...there seems to be a lot of faith from the org that he's in the lineup so I think #1 & #2 above is a better indicator if Murphy is moved
20 mai 2020 à 17 h 20
My thought (it's not an effort at evaluation) is that NY will be reluctant to give Lemieux up without a fight; it would have to be a very tempting offer.

I understand a team not wanting to give someone up, but from a value perspective it's still not an even swap.
20 mai 2020 à 17 h 28
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
I understand a team not wanting to give someone up, but from a value perspective it's still not an even swap.

Yeah, but I wasn't looking at it from a value perspective, I was looking at it from a "whether Rangers would be at all likely to do it" perspective.

In addition to RFA Lemieux, in theory NY also has to re-sign Strome, De Angelo and Georgiev unless they can find willing buyers for value for them, which may preclude re-signing UFA Jesper Fast in light of the oncoming hits from Kreider's $2 million raise and the additional rise of a net $2.6 million from the buyout portfolio. And all this in the shadow of a flat cap. So unless the offer is one they can't refuse (i.e., Johnsson for Lemieux virtually straight up), I don't see Rangers doing it.
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2020 à 17 h 29
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
Philadelphia doesn't have any incentive to move Phil Myers. Any deal for him would have to be around William Nylander, which seems equally unlikely for him to be moved.
20 mai 2020 à 17 h 32
Modifié 20 mai 2020 à 17 h 37
Yeah, but I wasn't looking at it from a value perspective, I was looking at it from a "whether Rangers would be at all likely to do it" perspective.

In addition to RFA Lemieux, in theory NY also has to re-sign Strome, De Angelo and Georgiev unless they can find willing buyers for value for them, which may preclude re-signing UFA Jesper Fast in light of the oncoming hits from Kreider's $2 million raise and the additional rise of a net $2.6 million from the buyout portfolio. And all this in the shadow of a flat cap. So unless the offer is one they can't refuse (i.e., Johnsson for Lemieux virtually straight up), I don't see Rangers doing it.

I guess I was thrown off by "Johnsson for Lemieux is fair value" lol. I get what you mean, though.
20 mai 2020 à 17 h 51
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 94
Quoting: firezfurx
Unpopular opinion time:
I honestly think we don't need to add on defence:

Sandin is ready to have a breakout year after a dominant AHL performance last year and a productive call-up. He has also shown he can play right-side and would not be surprised if he ended up with Rielly. Muzzin and Holl are already a great pairing and don't need to be touched. That leaves us with Dermott and Lehtonen who I'm fine with playing together. So basically, we have a solid second pairing, a wildcard bottom pairing with two guys set to explode this year, and a mediocre top pairing.

People often overlook the fact that an elite defencemen like Rielly doesn't need another elite defencemen, they need someone who plays a complimentary game, like Hainsey. People also overlook the fact that Dermott is already a solid 2nd pairing defensemen at the ripe age of 23. He was a year younger then DeMelo was when he was part of the Karlsson trade, and Dermott is significantly better then DeMelo was at that time. It's ridiculous to think people want to ship Dermott of for scraps just to go sign him.

I agree. I also think Dermott could work next to Rielly as well. Also Liljegren is not as far off being NHL ready as some think. Lets give these young D some NHL minutes and see what they can really do. If by the trade deadline we need to upgrade then do it then.
firezfurx a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage