Forums/Armchair-GM

Cap Decrease Each Team Gets 1 Free Buyout

Créé par: Ledge_And_Dairy
Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 22 mars 2020
Publié: 22 mars 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The cap may not drop this much, it may remain the same. The idea here is that the cap does drop and each team is given 1 free compliance buyout

Toronto doesn't really have anyone on their roster worth buying out right now. Instead they make a trade with another team (here the Islanders) that would like to make 2 buyouts and receive cap space and defensive depth in the process. In the last compliance buyout the NHL nixed a trade between Tampa and Toronto that would have resulted in the Bolts trading Lecavalier to the Leafs to be bought out then resign with the Bolts. In exchange the leafs would receive a couple draft picks. The CBA ruled this as cap circumvention thus not allowing the trade. If the league puts in a rule saying players cant resign with a team they have been under contract with (buyouts from years ago don't count) in the last year then this issue would never occur.

Goat is also likely resigned as well as the other RFA's but they are all going to be sub 1M contracts
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
11 250 000 $
1750 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
1800 000 $
Transactions
NYI
  1. Johnsson, Andreas
Détails additionnels:
Something around this, I think Mayfield carries a little more value then Johnsson due to cap hit but this is a win-win for both teams
TOR
    Not actually to Anaheim. Free compliance buyout since Toronto wasn't likely to use theirs anyway. This way they convert their buyout ticket into a defensive defense and cap space
    TOR
    1. Blueger, Teddy
    2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2021 (PIT)
    PIT
    1. Dermott, Travis [Droits de RFA]
    Rachats de contrats
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de VGK
    Logo de VGK
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de CAR
    Logo de COL
    Logo de SJS
    Logo de STL
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2280 000 000 $79 388 116 $0 $400 000 $611 884 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
    2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
    AD, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
    C
    UFA - 4
    10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 5
    1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 2
    11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
    C, AG
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
    AD
    UFA - 4
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    AG, C, AD
    UFA - 3
    3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 2
    1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    800 000 $800 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 2
    Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
    750 000 $750 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Logo de Islanders de New York
    1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 3
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
    DG
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    894 167 $894 167 $
    DG
    UFA - 2
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
    DD
    RFA - 2
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    750 000 $750 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    700 000 $700 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    22 mars 2020 à 17 h 50
    Rejoint: juin 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
    if this compliance buyout did happen, thats a creative trade. pens dont make that trade though
    22 mars 2020 à 17 h 52
    Rejoint: juill. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 1
    So can the Islanders resign Boychuk or no
    22 mars 2020 à 17 h 53
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: juin 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 19,679
    Quoting: mhockey91
    if this compliance buyout did happen, thats a creative trade. pens dont make that trade though

Pens will likely buyout JJ and Jug should be back by next year, I think they would rather have Bleuger then McCann due to similar skill but contract advantage. Do you think Joseph makes the jump for them next year on the 3rd pair? I was looking for a PK'ing forward that plays a physical game.
    22 mars 2020 à 17 h 54
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: filipcesnak9
    So can the Islanders resign Boychuk or no

Negative. the CBA would nix the trade if that were the case. Hence why i added the rule to prevent cap circumvention
    22 mars 2020 à 17 h 58
    Rejoint: janv. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,275
    Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
    Negative. the CBA would nix the trade if that were the case. Hence why i added the rule to prevent cap circumvention

I think the value of a buyout would be around a 2nd or so. So I don't think this is a fair trade. NYI would give up a lot more to get a buyout on Boychuk.
    22 mars 2020 à 18 h 1
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Rejoint: juill. 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 22,800
    I don't think that is going to be answer...compliance buyout. The league might make an arrangement with the NHLPA that "high end contracts" are going to be reduced by 5% so the low to mid range players can maintain or even get more salary. Doesn't really matter to the owners, they are going to spend to the cap. Given a vote by NHLPA, the mid to low end salaries make the majority of players and vote. These guys aren't sacrificing their salaries for few well paid stars on their team.
    By you are correct it could be a compliance buyout, I'm just saying it's really not a long term answer....and this cap situation is going to hurt the NHL for years. The league doesn't have a big TV contract and folks aren't going to have the money to buy tickets to sports events...much discretionary income no longer exists.
    22 mars 2020 à 18 h 3
    Rejoint: juin 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,706
    Pens will likely buyout JJ and Jug should be back by next year, I think they would rather have Bleuger then McCann due to similar skill but contract advantage. Do you think Joseph makes the jump for them next year on the 3rd pair? I was looking for a PK'ing forward that plays a physical game.

McCann>Jugs>>>>Blueger (he's a 4C, fits with ZAR and Tanev, nothing more), plus Jugs is probably gone as well in this scenario to fit everyone else (and we can always use a 13th forward... We're never exactly the most healthy team...)
    22 mars 2020 à 18 h 4
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
    I think the value of a buyout would be around a 2nd or so. So I don't think this is a fair trade. NYI would give up a lot more to get a buyout on Boychuk.

A lot? No, that depends on the market. If the cap goes down both teams desperately need to move cap. Toronto has the bank account to pay for Boychuk as they would have for Lecavalier 7 years ago. I could see a bit of an add from the Islander's side but I would not be surprised if multiple teams made offers. Red Wings, Kings, and Bruins all have the finances to make a similar offer.
    22 mars 2020 à 18 h 6

pens will dump jugs before they move McCann. and its possible, depends how his offseason goes, but this whole corona virus thing is going to hurt a lot of players developments. they may not be able to train/practice as much as they could in a normal offseason
    22 mars 2020 à 18 h 9
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: AFOX10900
    McCann>Jugs>>>>Blueger (he's a 4C, fits with ZAR and Tanev, nothing more), plus Jugs is probably gone as well in this scenario to fit everyone else (and we can always use a 13th forward... We're never exactly the most healthy team...)

pens will dump jugs before they move McCann. and its possible, depends how his offseason goes, but this whole corona virus thing is going to hurt a lot of players developments. they may not be able to train/practice as much as they could in a normal offseason

I can replace McCann with Blueger and a late pick, I think Toronto would be happy with that.
    Dan10900 et mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
    22 mars 2020 à 18 h 13
    I can replace McCann with Blueger and a late pick, I think Toronto would be happy with that.

yeah that could work. just depends on POJ's development like you said. if they feel he can make the jump, pens are fine on the left side. fair deal though
    22 mars 2020 à 18 h 13
    Former Hockey Fan
    Rejoint: juin 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
    I extremely doubt the NHL would do this. The cap won’t go up, but I cants see compliance buyouts becoming a thing again.
    22 mars 2020 à 18 h 15
    Démarrer sujet
    yeah that could work. just depends on POJ's development like you said. if they feel he can make the jump, pens are fine on the left side. fair deal though

Mind you, I'm not a leafs fan so IMO Blueger is a good add for them but other fans may think Dermott is worth more
    22 mars 2020 à 18 h 16
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
    I extremely doubt the NHL would do this. The cap won’t go up, but I cants see compliance buyouts becoming a thing again.

This is hypothetical, It may or may not happen but it's something worth exploring
    Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
    22 mars 2020 à 18 h 20
    Just Keep Swimming
    Mentions "j'aime": 5,658
    People on this site love to say that leafs fans overvalue their players.

And then I see **** like this and realise that this fanbase deserves the JFjr years to play on loop for all eternity
    22 mars 2020 à 18 h 24
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Random2152
    People on this site love to say that leafs fans overvalue their players.

And then I see **** like this and realise that this fanbase deserves the JFjr years to play on loop for all eternity

I'm confused, are you saying these trades are bad? It was originally Dermott for McCann 1 for 1 but pens fans wouldnt do it
    22 mars 2020 à 18 h 27
    Just Keep Swimming
    I'm confused, are you saying these trades are bad? It was originally Dermott for McCann 1 for 1 but pens fans wouldnt do it

That would still be terrible, but I'm more talking about the johnsson trade.

You traded a 2nd line winger on a position of weakness for an enormous cap dump and a 3rd pair dman who greatly benefits from a scheme that the leafs play the opposite of.

Thank God dubas is smarter than this fanbase, because previous management was not
    Leafs_and_Sens_Fan a aimé ceci.
    22 mars 2020 à 18 h 36
    Démarrer sujet
    That would still be terrible, but I'm more talking about the johnsson trade.

You traded a 2nd line winger on a position of weakness for an enormous cap dump and a 3rd pair dman who greatly benefits from a scheme that the leafs play the opposite of.

Thank God dubas is smarter than this fanbase, because previous management was not

I traded a middle 6 winger for a defensively skilled, PK'ing, cheap #4 RD. He is not Pietrangelo good but Leafs dont have the cap space for him. Ideally Toronto would want a PMD but you will not find one for >2M anywhere. This trade benefits both teams in a crisis situation. Mayfield is much better than Ceci and fills a massive hole on their right side
    22 mars 2020 à 18 h 53
    Just Keep Swimming
    I traded a middle 6 winger for a defensively skilled, PK'ing, cheap #4 RD. He is not Pietrangelo good but Leafs dont have the cap space for him. Ideally Toronto would want a PMD but you will not find one for >2M anywhere. This trade benefits both teams in a crisis situation. Mayfield is much better than Ceci and fills a massive hole on their right side

Mayfield is not what you think he is and it isn't close. I'd take Holl over him any day. And even so you still overpaid by moving Johnsson and taking Boychuck.

This is the Leafs. Every player we might conceivably want is a Norris contender until we trade or sign them, then they are bums according to this site. Do not buy into the hype.
    Leafs_and_Sens_Fan a aimé ceci.
    22 mars 2020 à 19 h 15
    Démarrer sujet
    Mayfield is not what you think he is and it isn't close. I'd take Holl over him any day. And even so you still overpaid by moving Johnsson and taking Boychuck.

This is the Leafs. Every player we might conceivably want is a Norris contender until we trade or sign them, then they are bums according to this site. Do not buy into the hype.

I think you are confused. If I undo that trade the Leafs are over the used cap and dont even have 6 NHL level defense. Holl is also currently on the team and in the top 4 for that matter. He pairs quite well with Muzzin so I don't want to separate that. Sure you can put Dermott on the 1st pair but I really don't think he pairs well with Rielly. Regardless of Ceci being really underwhelming he eats up a lot of PK minutes, loosing him without a decent replacement is a big blow means Marincin has to be a constant member of the lineup. This trade solidifies the PK and defense while lowering cap and not hurting drastically hurting the offense. Johnsson is the beneficiary of his line mates and doesnt really have a good defensive game like Kapanen does. He is very expendable and should be traded for help on the blueline
    22 mars 2020 à 19 h 17
    Just Keep Swimming
    I think you are confused. If I undo that trade the Leafs are over the used cap and dont even have 6 NHL level defense. Holl is also currently on the team and in the top 4 for that matter. He pairs quite well with Muzzin so I don't want to separate that. Sure you can put Dermott on the 1st pair but I really don't think he pairs well with Rielly. Regardless of Ceci being really underwhelming he eats up a lot of PK minutes, loosing him without a decent replacement is a big blow means Marincin has to be a constant member of the lineup. This trade solidifies the PK and defense while lowering cap and not hurting drastically hurting the offense. Johnsson is the beneficiary of his line mates and doesnt really have a good defensive game like Kapanen does. He is very expendable and should be traded for help on the blueline

The leafs are over the cap because you made poor roster decisions in light of your scenario where the cap stagnates. Every team will be in the same boat, you dont move good players for bad players if you want to win. Period.
    22 mars 2020 à 19 h 20
    Démarrer sujet
    The leafs are over the cap because you made poor roster decisions in light of your scenario where the cap stagnates. Every team will be in the same boat, you dont move good players for bad players if you want to win. Period.

I suggest you make an ACGM with the same scenario since you seem to have it all figured out. 80M cap, 1 free buyout this summer
    22 mars 2020 à 19 h 26
    Just Keep Swimming
    I suggest you make an ACGM with the same scenario since you seem to have it all figured out. 80M cap, 1 free buyout this summer

That scenario isn't going to happen, but it isn't difficult.

Hyman-mats-nylander
    Mik-jt-marner
    Engval-kerfy-kap
    Guy-guy-malgin
    Guy

Muzzin-dermott
    Rielly-holl
    Sandin-liljegren
    Marmar

Freddie
    Beller

Might need a little tweaking here and there and guys who got moved will bring back returns that may be used but the point is it isn't difficult to do without destroying the team
    24 mars 2020 à 22 h 46
    Just Keep Swimming

Since I was doing something similar, Figured I'd link it to you:
    https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1686505

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage