Forums/Armchair-GM

Myers to Leafs revisited

Créé par: Trickster
Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 10 mars 2020
Publié: 10 mars 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I want to explore this again now that it seems that Myers is still not a regular on the the Flyers.

He has played 50 games this year.
He seems like the 7th/8th guy still.
He was sent down a few times too, this season.

Maybe if injuries will lower, he plays even less.

I still like him and value his potential.
What does it take to get him a trade? And what are the Flyers needs?
Transactions
TOR
  1. Myers, Philippe [Droits de RFA]
PHI
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de VGK
Logo de VGK
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de COL
Logo de SJS
Logo de STL
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1685 500 000 $76 224 783 $0 $0 $9 275 217 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 4
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 3
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 mars 2020 à 21 h 55
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Quoting: Wqrrior
Oh? Perhaps I read this wrong:

"Trouble is I don’t think philly has changed their minds either on how much they will need him in the future."

Guess so. My point is the trouble with him coming to the leafs is that flyers need him in the future and really he plays an important role right now. Like I said been a supporter of him before he ever played an nhl game.
10 mars 2020 à 22 h 5
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 113
Modifié 10 mars 2020 à 22 h 27
Quoting: Trickster
If Flyers were moving Sanheim.
What's his value? And what are Flyers needs?

If we're assuming the Flyers do want to trade him, then I think a good comparison trade will be the Montour trade. Anaheim received Brendan Guhle, who was projected to be a top-4 defenseman at the time, and a late first round pick. Both Sanheim and Montour are both young, are on similar bridge contracts, and have similar point production. It can be kind of debatable for what the Flyers needs are. In my opinion, we could use some right-handed defenseman prospects and a few picks. I don't think the conversation starts without including Liljegren. You can include him and a late first round pick or some early second and third round picks. Even though I'm really not willing to move Sanheim, I'll give you my own trade proposal idea for what I want out of him.

Toronto Receives:

Travis Sanheim

Philly Receives:

Timothy Liljegren

2021 1st round pick (can be a late pick)

2021 2nd round pick (can also be a late pick, or early third)

EDIT: Just had the idea of Travis Dermott. I'm not sure how good he is, but maybe you can add him and then mess around with the picks. If we're losing a left-handed defenseman, then it will be ideal to get one back to take the place of Sanheim temporarily.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
10 mars 2020 à 22 h 44
C,mon Leafs...Please
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 329
I would love to see Myers on the Leafs.

He's a couple of years younger than my youngest son so I didn't see him much when he was young since in 2012 my son was enticed to play for his high school rather than the Moncton Flyers but having Philippe from my city here...I have been rooting for him and was surprised that he did so well in the Q after he was signed by the Philadelphia Flyers.

Seeing him miss time in Philadelphia this year, and not able to find out what was going on when I searched, made me quietly hope the Leafs would trade Liljegren + for Myers. I didn't realize the details until tonight. I believe he has more upside still as does Liljegren.
Trickster et Sign_em_up000000 a aimé ceci.
11 mars 2020 à 7 h 22
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,688
@jamiepo @palhal @Sign_em_up000000 @onex

Have you changed your stance on Myers since earlier in the season?

Think we have seen this season with so many injuries....you can't have enough NHL capable Dmen. Flyers have no desire to trade a capable NHLer with upside who will be on a modest contract next year.
Trickster et Sign_em_up000000 a aimé ceci.
12 mars 2020 à 18 h 13
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,584
@jamiepo @palhal @Sign_em_up000000 @onex

Have you changed your stance on Myers since earlier in the season?

I've always liked Myers and no my stance hasn't changed. I'd love to have him but I'm not sure if Philly would give him up. I would move out one of Kapanen, Johnsson or Kerfoot for him if they'd move him for that. I realize that alot of Leaf fans might disagree with me but I don't see why the Flyers would move him unless it's an overpay or it's a hockey deal that makes sense for them which I'm not sure any of those players move the needle enough but I'd pull the trigger if they'd agree.

What would you give up for him and what do you think it would take?

Also, I'd like to note that I've stated for a while that I think Rielly needs a more experienced d partner and I admit it would be a rocky road if Myers was his partner. I've wanted to see him and Dermott paired together before we extended Muzzin but now I don't think that's a possibility. Although, I'd like him over Holl or even to move Holl down to platoon with Liljegren on the 3rd pair right side or potentially move him as part of the trade if more pieces need to be involved.

I can't remember but who else did you like on Philly?
12 mars 2020 à 18 h 15
Quoting: Couturier
But why do the Flyers want to trade him?

What would it take in your opinion for the Leafs to get him?
Couturier a aimé ceci.
12 mars 2020 à 18 h 17
Quoting: oneX
Yep. He's just another 7-8th D right now which Toronto has plenty of.

You're right he's a 7-8 D right now and for some reason, he hasn't gotten the chance in the city of brotherly love but I think this kids still got alot of potential. What would you be willing to give up for him?
12 mars 2020 à 18 h 18
I am worried that he didnt make as much progress in his game as I thought he would.

Give him time he's still young and the potential is still there IMO.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
12 mars 2020 à 18 h 20
Quoting: krzyk0
Once again, he missed the first couple weeks as a cap casualty until they were sure about putting Nolan Patrick on LTIR. He also missed a couple games with a back spasms back in December. And regardless of how many games he's played this year, he's been in the top 4 for the last few months compared to Haag and Ghost who are getting 6th d-man minutes and scratched, respectively

What would you want for him from the Leafs?
12 mars 2020 à 18 h 26
Quoting: Jamiepo
Guess so. My point is the trouble with him coming to the leafs is that flyers need him in the future and really he plays an important role right now. Like I said been a supporter of him before he ever played an nhl game.

Do you think they'd bite if we offered them one of Kapanen, Johnsson or Keefoot with Holl for Myers and Maybe a mid to late round pick?
12 mars 2020 à 18 h 28
Quoting: palhal
Think we have seen this season with so many injuries....you can't have enough NHL capable Dmen. Flyers have no desire to trade a capable NHLer with upside who will be on a modest contract next year.

What about for one of Kapanen, Johnsson, Kerfoot + Holl for Myers and a mid to late round pick? Do you think that peeks their interest at all?
12 mars 2020 à 18 h 54
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,627
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
You're right he's a 7-8 D right now and for some reason, he hasn't gotten the chance in the city of brotherly love but I think this kids still got alot of potential. What would you be willing to give up for him?

Do you think they'd bite if we offered them one of Kapanen, Johnsson or Keefoot with Holl for Myers and Maybe a mid to late round pick?

Isn't that a bit of an overpay for what he currently is? I mean as a GM, you should be paying for what you think the player is at this moment.

It's nice to want a player who can grow into a role the team has a need for...but at what cost.
Sign_em_up000000 et Trickster a aimé ceci.
12 mars 2020 à 19 h 9
Isn't that a bit of an overpay for what he currently is? I mean as a GM, you should be paying for what you think the player is at this moment.

It's nice to want a player who can grow into a role the team has a need for...but at what cost.

Maybe. I get your point, but isn't it also about how you see a player fitting in witb your team and system? Also, I don't think Johnsson and Holl for Mayers and a mid to late round pick is a massive overpay and I've been one of the biggest supporters of AJ. If that deal was on the table would you take it? I would.
12 mars 2020 à 21 h 3
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 113
What would it take in your opinion for the Leafs to get him?

They can't. Myers is a big part of our future and we need him. We won't just trade him for a change up. For us to actually trade him we will need a defenseman that's close to his age, NHL-ready, is right-handed, and is just better in general. Leafs don't have that.

He's been a 2nd paring defenseman for the past three months?
12 mars 2020 à 22 h 1
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,688
What about for one of Kapanen, Johnsson, Kerfoot + Holl for Myers and a mid to late round pick? Do you think that peeks their interest at all?

It just doesn't perk my interest as Leaf. Holl for Myers, an exchange of RHD and then the Leafs have to find a replacement for the forward traded. (though I would trade Johnsson) Actually the Flyer seem fine at forward position. Just don't think the Leafs can give the Flyers any players that would want then to give up cost efficient RHD Myers
12 mars 2020 à 23 h 0
Quoting: Couturier
They can't. Myers is a big part of our future and we need him. We won't just trade him for a change up. For us to actually trade him we will need a defenseman that's close to his age, NHL-ready, is right-handed, and is just better in general. Leafs don't have that.

He's been a 2nd paring defenseman for the past three months?

Fair enough. I like how potential but I understand others reserve the same way I understand your not wanting to trade him. Thanks!
Couturier, oneX et Trickster a aimé ceci.
12 mars 2020 à 23 h 0
Quoting: palhal
It just doesn't perk my interest as Leaf. Holl for Myers, an exchange of RHD and then the Leafs have to find a replacement for the forward traded. (though I would trade Johnsson) Actually the Flyer seem fine at forward position. Just don't think the Leafs can give the Flyers any players that would want then to give up cost efficient RHD Myers

Fair enough, thanks!
Trickster a aimé ceci.
13 mars 2020 à 0 h 0
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,627
Maybe. I get your point, but isn't it also about how you see a player fitting in witb your team and system? Also, I don't think Johnsson and Holl for Mayers and a mid to late round pick is a massive overpay and I've been one of the biggest supporters of AJ. If that deal was on the table would you take it? I would.

Hmm..you have a point. AJ, Holl and a mid pick? I guess that's fair...still not sure Philly does it tho.
13 mars 2020 à 0 h 9
Hmm..you have a point. AJ, Holl and a mid pick? I guess that's fair...still not sure Philly does it tho.

I meant Johnsson + Holl for Myers and a pick but you're right I don't think they do it but it would be nice.
oneX et Trickster a aimé ceci.
13 mars 2020 à 12 h 36
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,754

I like Myers but giving up a D to get D is a wash at best.

I am opening to moving a a FW+ to get a D but adding Holl to the trade does not make sense to me.

Only way I'd consider trading 2 roster players+ for a D man is if the D man coming back was at least 1st pair.
Sign_em_up000000 a aimé ceci.
13 mars 2020 à 17 h 51
I like Myers but giving up a D to get D is a wash at best.

I am opening to moving a a FW+ to get a D but adding Holl to the trade does not make sense to me.

Only way I'd consider trading 2 roster players+ for a D man is if the D man coming back was at least 1st pair.

All good, I get your point but I'd give up Johnsson + Holl for Myers + a pick. We could always sign someone through FA to replace AJ and you know how big of an advocate I've been of him. I get why you and pal don't want to trade away multiple players for one but if Johnsson can be replaced relatively cheap than I think it's worth it, but that's just me and I've been high on the kid for a while.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
13 mars 2020 à 19 h 16
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
All good, I get your point but I'd give up Johnsson + Holl for Myers + a pick. We could always sign someone through FA to replace AJ and you know how big of an advocate I've been of him. I get why you and pal don't want to trade away multiple players for one but if Johnsson can be replaced relatively cheap than I think it's worth it, but that's just me and I've been high on the kid for a while.

Justin Holl is nice steady D for 2 million with term.
Moving him is mistake unless your getting way better.

Myers needs to get paid too, how much you think he think he gets for how much term?

Johnsson or Kerfoot are both guys I am open moving, without question.
13 mars 2020 à 20 h 45
Justin Holl is nice steady D for 2 million with term.
Moving him is mistake unless your getting way better.

Myers needs to get paid too, how much you think he think he gets for how much term?

Johnsson or Kerfoot are both guys I am open moving, without question.

I get what you're saying and I like holl too, I just think Myers has a higher ceiling but I admit it's probably because of personal bias because I've liked the kid for a long time and think he fit in/grow nicely on our team and in Keef's system. Like I said, I probably have my blinders on and you have your finger way more on the pulse than I do so I need to listen to you. Also, I should note I don't want to trade Holl just thought it would be necessary. Who else did you like on Philly? Was it Hagg? Could we get Myers + Hagg or whoever instead of the pick coming back and add a pick from our end? Do you think the Flyers would even have interest in that or Dubas? Or am I out to lunch on this one?

I'm just asking if you think something could be worked out between the two teams?
13 mars 2020 à 21 h 6
Démarrer sujet
hey look a squirrel
I get what you're saying and I like holl too, I just think Myers has a higher ceiling but I admit it's probably because of personal bias because I've liked the kid for a long time and think he fit in/grow nicely on our team and in Keef's system. Like I said, I probably have my blinders on and you have your finger way more on the pulse than I do so I need to listen to you. Also, I should note I don't want to trade Holl just thought it would be necessary. Who else did you like on Philly? Was it Hagg? Could we get Myers + Hagg or whoever instead of the pick coming back and add a pick from our end? Do you think the Flyers would even have interest in that or Dubas? Or am I out to lunch on this one?

I'm just asking if you think something could be worked out between the two teams?

I am not big Flyers fan, opposite in fact.

Hagg is horrible.

I like Frost, but who doesnt?
Really doubt Flyers move him.

I liked Patrick last season, but his current situation screams stay away unless it's a low risk move.
13 mars 2020 à 21 h 31
I am not big Flyers fan, opposite in fact.

Hagg is horrible.

I like Frost, but who doesnt?
Really doubt Flyers move him.

I liked Patrick last season, but his current situation screams stay away unless it's a low risk move.

You're a Leafs fan like myself! Although I get what you mean they are one of your least favorite team's. Who's your second favorite team? Mine is San Jose.

I can't remember who you liked maybe Raffl? It was a plug guy like that but maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else.

What do you think a deal between the two teams would look like?
Trickster a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage