SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins trade

24 janv. 2019 à 21 h 34
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 445
The Habs no longer need Center. Instead, they should focus on drafting a young D-man. Otherwise, they'll have to pay their future assets to acquire one establish D-man.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2019 à 21 h 35
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
No way oilers do that. What holes does that fill?
CD282 a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2019 à 21 h 37
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,273
Doesn't make sense for Montreal to do a trade like this. Edmonton rejects regardless.
24 janv. 2019 à 21 h 39
Banni
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,915
interesting deal. might need a few tweaks, but the main one is that it better be a guaranteed 1st going to Edmonton. RNH is a point a game player that can play centre, those types of players don't come cheap. But I like the addition of Lehkonen, and Juulsen to Edmonton. Lindgren might be a solid back up for Koskinen so it does fill multiple needs as they need wingers, right handed defensemen and goalie depth. But it goes no where without a 1st round pick
24 janv. 2019 à 21 h 44
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,372
The Oilers need to add top 6/9 forwards not trade one of the few ones they have for an assortment of parts.
CD282 a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2019 à 21 h 45
Banni
Quoting: mhockey91
No way oilers do that. What holes does that fill?

fills multiple needs actually.
1) adds a top 9 or top 6 winger to play beside McDavid or Draisaitl.
2) adds a young, right handed defensemen with upside. Edmonton only has 1 NHL quality right handed dman on their roster right now, that's Larsson. Bouchard coming up will be a good addition but he's more offensive where Juulsen can handle some more defensive responsibility. Bear coming up can create some competition. Makes 1 of them moveable and they can get more value for a RHD to get more wingers.
3) adds goalie depth. Talbot is as good as gone this summer. And after Koskinen, Edmonton has no NHL ready goalies. Lindgren has shown signs that he can be a quality back up.

And Edmonton already has McDavid and Draisaitl as 1C and 2C. RNH should play more centre and he's too good for a 3C role. Get value while you can. Only thing I change is to make that 2nd a guaranteed 1st round pick or I wouldn't do it if I were Edmonton. But with a 1st rounder its definitely worth it
24 janv. 2019 à 21 h 49
Quoting: jonesryan
fills multiple needs actually.
1) adds a top 9 or top 6 winger to play beside McDavid or Draisaitl.
2) add a young, right handed defensemen with upside. Edmonton only has 1 NHL quality dman on their roster right now, that's Larsson. Bouchard coming up will be a good addition but he's more offensive where Juulsen can handle some more defensive responsibility. Bear coming up can create some competition. Makes 1 of them moveable and they can get more value for a RHD to get more wingers.
3) add goalie depth. Talbot is as good as gone this summer. And after Koskinen, Edmonton has no NHL ready goalies. Lindgren has shown signs that he can be a quality back up.

And Edmonton already has McDavid and Draisaitl as 1C and 2C. RNH should play more centre and he's too good for a 3C role. Get value while you can. Only thing I change is to make that 2nd a guaranteed 1st round pick or I wouldn't do it if I were Edmonton. But with a 1st rounder its definitely worth it

Lehkonen like you said, is at best a middle 6 forward. Juulson COULD be a top 4 D but he could also be a bust. Lidgren could be a solid backup but a smart GM could sign a FA that would be just as good. Hopkins is a 70+ point forward (because mcdavid) that could play centre or wing. That’s a lot tougher to acquire than the pieces you’ve mentioned. The first round pick would be a nice piece but I feel like EDM could get more for RNH.
24 janv. 2019 à 21 h 55
Banni
Lehkonen like you said, is at best a middle 6 forward. Juulson COULD be a top 4 D but he could also be a bust. Lidgren could be a solid backup but a smart GM could sign a FA that would be just as good. Hopkins is a 70+ point forward (because mcdavid) that could play centre or wing. That’s a lot tougher to acquire than the pieces you’ve mentioned. The first round pick would be a nice piece but I feel like EDM could get more for RNH.

RNH isn't a 70 point guy when he centres his own line. He's a natural centre and thats what he was signed for. He's fallen into Draisaitl territory where he's only producing on McDavid's wing. Lehkonen had 18 goals as a rookie, struggled a bit since then but never had a real good centre to play with. Put him with McDavid or Draisaitl, he could easily hit 30. Juulsen is already a top 4 dman on Edmonton. Definitely worth giving him more of a chance to show it in Edmonton. You're right about back up goalies in free agency, but quality ones are starting to cost quite a bit as UFA's. Look at Carter Hutton.. career back up and has one good season and is making $3M now. Sure he's playing as a starter, but he's better suited as a backup. Lindgren has shown flashes of a quality back up. Trade for him, sign him cheap while they find younger goalies and develop them makes a lot of sense. & yeah again, as I said, if I'm Edmonton I'm not making that deal without a guaranteed 1st
24 janv. 2019 à 21 h 55
MK458
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 931
Edmonton needs to add top 6 players, this isn't going to cut it. Easy pass from the oilers
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2019 à 22 h 8
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,751

I agree with what you're saying, except the part I highlighted above. If you look at 5v5 points-per-60, RNH is creating his own offense this year.

RNH with McDavid: 1.81
RNH w/o McDavid: 2.04

He has scored 3 goals + 6 assists with McDavid and 14 goals + 14 assists without. His most common linemates when driving his own line have been Jesse Puljujarvi and Drake Caggiula.
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2019 à 22 h 9
RNH isn't a 70 point guy when he centres his own line. He's a natural centre and thats what he was signed for. He's fallen into Draisaitl territory where he's only producing on McDavid's wing.

This is bull**** as I demonstrated above.
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2019 à 22 h 35
Quoting: CD282
I agree with what you're saying, except the part I highlighted above. If you look at 5v5 points-per-60, RNH is creating his own offense this year.

RNH with McDavid: 1.81
RNH w/o McDavid: 2.04

He has scored 3 goals + 6 assists with McDavid and 14 goals + 14 assists without. His most common linemates when driving his own line have been Jesse Puljujarvi and Drake Caggiula.

thank you, proves my point even further smile
CD282 a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2019 à 7 h 22
Banni
Quoting: CD282
This is bull**** as I demonstrated above.

Stats don't tell everything. Have you taken into account that he doesn't get the top defensive units against him cause McDavid and Draisaitl get that attention? It's a lot easier to get points when he's playing against teams 2nd and 3rd defense pairing. If he were the 1C on Montreal he'd get every teams best defense. Realistically, he's a 60 point guy who's decent in his own end.
25 janv. 2019 à 10 h 4
Stats don't tell everything. Have you taken into account that he doesn't get the top defensive units against him cause McDavid and Draisaitl get that attention? It's a lot easier to get points when he's playing against teams 2nd and 3rd defense pairing. If he were the 1C on Montreal he'd get every teams best defense. Realistically, he's a 60 point guy who's decent in his own end.

I like to use centers as a proxy. Here are the STATS on Nugent-Hopkins' top-10 opponents by TOI this year:

1. Mark Scheifele
2. Patrice Bergeron
3. Dylan Larkin
4. Joe Pavelski
5. Nicklas Backstrom
6. Brayden Point
7. Jonathan Toews
8. Tyler Johnson
9. Aleksander Barkov
10. Ryan Johansen

That's a pretty tough list. RNH isn't on easy street. Here are his top-10 defense opponents:

1. Ben Hutton
2. Zdeno Chara
3. Jacob Trouba
4. Josh Morrissey
5. Charlie McAvoy
6. Jake Muzzin
7. Noah Hanifin
8. Travis Hamonic
9. Duncan Keith
10. Henri Jokiharju

Here is McDavid's center list:

1. Mark Scheifele
2. Aleksander Barkov
3. Logan Couture
4. Anze Kopitar
5. Bo Horvat
6. Patrice Bergeron
7. Tyler Motte
8. Jay Beagle
9. Vinnie Hinostroza
10. Dylan Larkin

And McDavid's defense opposition:

1. Alexander Edler
2. Christopher Tanev
3. Drew Doughty
4. Derek Forbort
5. Jacob Trouba
6. Josh Morrissey
7. TJ Brodie
8. Mike Matheson
9. Zdeno Chara
10. Aaron Ekblad

A lot of the same names show up on both mens lists, but if you look closely you can see that RNH is getting more defensive assignments than McDavid is. This is borne out in McDavid's 60.70% O-zone starts vs Nugent-Hopkins' 47.37% also.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage