SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Colorado Avalanche signed Patrik Nemeth (1 Year / $2,500,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

2 août 2018 à 7 h 40
Patrik Nemeth has signed a new contract with the Colorado Avalanche.
Contrat standard
Contrats comparablesCOMPARER CE CONTRAT
SIGNÉ PAR: Joe Sakic
Durée: 1 an
Valeur: 2 500 000 $
Statut à l’échéance du contrat: UFA
% Cap Info-bulle: 3,14
Contrat signé avec: Logo de Avalanche du ColoradoAvalanche du Colorado
Date de signature: 1 août 2018
Source: CapFriendly

Patrik Nemeth a signé un contrat de 1 ans d'une valeur de 2 500 000 $ avec les Avalanche du Colorado, le 1 août 2018. Le contrat comporte un cap hit de 2 500 000 $.

SAISONClauseCap hitInfo-bulleAAV Info-bulleBonis de performanceInfo-bulleBonis de signatureInfo-bulleSalaire de baseInfo-bulleSalaire totalInfo-bulleSalaire mineuresInfo-bulle
2018-192 500 000 $2 500 000 $0 $0 $2 500 000 $2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
TOTAL2 500 000 $2 500 000 $0 $0 $2 500 000 $2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
Icône d'arbitrage demandé ARBITRAGE: Ce contrat a été signé suite à une demande de cas porté en arbitrage
2 août 2018 à 7 h 45
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 5,457
Great deal for both sides but just curious to see who will sit since they have 9 D.
bixyboii a aimé ceci.
2 août 2018 à 8 h 1
Buljujarvi
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,552
too much.
2 août 2018 à 8 h 6
mothariah
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 51
Ummmmm......? That seems a lot of money for a guy who has ONE FULL SEASON in the NHL. The kid was on waivers this time last year. Look, the guy should probably be an NHLer on this team. He looked fine last year with the Avs. Is he a $2.500 mil guy? No. $1.500, $2.000 sure I can deal with that. This seems like overkill. Mark Barberio got LESS than $1.500 mil after the same situation last season.
ConnorMcHellebucyk a aimé ceci.
2 août 2018 à 11 h 4
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,777
Quoting: mothariah
Ummmmm......? That seems a lot of money for a guy who has ONE FULL SEASON in the NHL. The kid was on waivers this time last year. Look, the guy should probably be an NHLer on this team. He looked fine last year with the Avs. Is he a $2.500 mil guy? No. $1.500, $2.000 sure I can deal with that. This seems like overkill. Mark Barberio got LESS than $1.500 mil after the same situation last season.

Maybe something to do with his 38% O-zone starts and 58% GF%? I'm guessing they want to see if he can do it again, hence the one-year contract. His corsi and fenwick are ok, but he killed it when you look at high-danger chances and goals. Was it a fluke? This is the way to find out.

$2.5M is fine considering Nemeth was 4th in 5v5 TOI, 2nd in 4v5 TOI and had the best PK results of any regular.
JonJon a aimé ceci.
2 août 2018 à 11 h 44
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 5,457
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk
too much.

Quoting: CD282
Maybe something to do with his 38% O-zone starts and 58% GF%? I'm guessing they want to see if he can do it again, hence the one-year contract. His corsi and fenwick are ok, but he killed it when you look at high-danger chances and goals. Was it a fluke? This is the way to find out.

$2.5M is fine considering Nemeth was 4th in 5v5 TOI, 2nd in 4v5 TOI and had the best PK results of any regular.

What too much lol Nemeth has been for four years, just was the 8th D in Dallas. He just played his first full season, had a plus/minus of 27, led the team in blocked shots and added 15 pts.
2 août 2018 à 12 h 16
J.L.
Mentions "j'aime": 66
Colorado has no cap issues so it doesn't really matter if they pay one or 2 million over his value (not an expert on his value though).
2 août 2018 à 12 h 36
Buljujarvi
Quoting: bhavikp27
He just played his first full season, had a plus/minus of 27, led the team in blocked shots and added 15 pts.

I still don't think he is worth 2.5 million overpayment imo.
2 août 2018 à 12 h 38
Buljujarvi
That seems a lot of money for a guy who has ONE FULL SEASON in the NHL. The kid was on waivers this time last year. Look, the guy should probably be an NHLer on this team. He looked fine last year with the Avs. Is he a $2.500 mil guy? No. $1.500, $2.000 sure I can deal with that. This seems like overkill. Mark Barberio got LESS than $1.500 mil after the same situation last season.

I am in agreement.
2 août 2018 à 12 h 39
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
He was a top 4 defenseman for most of last season, so I see no issue with the amount especially since it's just a one year deal. Although he looks like he'll end up on the bottom pair, as I don't see him jumping Zadorov or Girard (assuming he continues to progress) on the left, and he's definitely not jumping Johnson or Barrie on the right, since it looks like he can play on his off-side as well.

Zadorov - Barrie
Girard - Johnson
Cole - Nemeth
2 août 2018 à 14 h 22
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 234
For this cap hit I had assumed Colorado could get Nemeth’s first 1-2 years of UFA (so a 2-3y deal). What this tells me is one of the following:
- the Avs don’t see a future where Nemeth will be part of their Top-4 & so don’t want to be on the hook beyond this year and, instead, they create an asset that they can flip at the deadline
- Nemeth and his agent have an over-inflated sense of his value and think that he should be getting 4M or more to take him during his UFA years

With Zadorov’s contract expiring at the end of this upcoming season, the Avs can ostensibly take Nemeth’s salary and use it to give Zadorov a raise. Furthermore, if they take a step forward this year (or at least not a step back), then they may be in the market for a UFA D-Man come July.
2 août 2018 à 18 h 17
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
as long as its a 1 year deal they could pay him $5M and i wouldnt be upset about it. Avs have money to burn next season
7 août 2018 à 11 h 15
mothariah
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 51
Quoting: CD282

Quoting: JonJon
Colorado has no cap issues so it doesn't really matter if they pay one or 2 million over his value (not an expert on his value though).

Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk
I still don't think he is worth 2.5 million overpayment imo.

The problem really isn't the price tag on this season. Like you say, they don't have cap issues right now. But if you give the kid $2.500 mil for this season, after his first real season in the NHL (and we ALL know players can struggle in their future seasons after a good rookie campaign) you gave him a lot of money. So now he will want MORE than that on the next deal. My real issue isn't that he's overpaid right now, and we can argue both sides. Are you telling me the kid is worth $3-$3.5 mil? Cause that's what you're looking at on the next deal if he has a similar season.

With RFAs, you have all of the leverage. Even if you're taken to arbitration, they could have likely gotten a better deal.

Simply put, they aren't in a bad spot today, but next season they could have to WAY overpay a guy who hasn't shown he's necessarily worth the money yet. Not saying he's a bad player. Not saying he's not an NHLer. He's just not going to be worth the kind of money he will be asking for since he got this contact.
7 août 2018 à 12 h 54
J.L.
Mentions "j'aime": 66
The problem really isn't the price tag on this season. Like you say, they don't have cap issues right now. But if you give the kid $2.500 mil for this season, after his first real season in the NHL (and we ALL know players can struggle in their future seasons after a good rookie campaign) you gave him a lot of money. So now he will want MORE than that on the next deal. My real issue isn't that he's overpaid right now, and we can argue both sides. Are you telling me the kid is worth $3-$3.5 mil? Cause that's what you're looking at on the next deal if he has a similar season.

With RFAs, you have all of the leverage. Even if you're taken to arbitration, they could have likely gotten a better deal.

Simply put, they aren't in a bad spot today, but next season they could have to WAY overpay a guy who hasn't shown he's necessarily worth the money yet. Not saying he's a bad player. Not saying he's not an NHLer. He's just not going to be worth the kind of money he will be asking for since he got this contact.

It all depends on the next season. They put the numbers together and look at what others have been getting with similar numbers and try to pay him accordingly. I don't believe that they look at the previous season only. Or even the salary for that matter.
7 août 2018 à 13 h 25
get ur corsi up
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,558
Solid third pairing guy, the AAV is a little high however.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage