SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Trade Deadline Value Primer

7 févr. 2018 à 19 h 4
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,928
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Unless Karlsson agrees to an extension prior to the trade (as I imagine would have to happen before a team gave up what Ottawa wanted)

He's not allowed to talk extensions until July 1.
7 févr. 2018 à 19 h 5
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,280
Quoting: dubby
i could see this happen
Montreal Canadiens
Max Pacioretty
4th
Scherbak, Nikita

New York Rangers
Ryan McDonagh
2nd
Grabner, Michael

this trade makes no sense for Habs, they want to get younger not older
7 févr. 2018 à 19 h 6
WentWughes
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Montreal Canadiens
Niklas Hjalmarsson
3rd round pick

Arizona Coyotes
Nikita Scherback
Michael McCarron

Not sure if this is fair, don't know too much about Scherback or McCarron.

Mccarron is a straight bust, but Scherbak looks like the real deal. I really hope Montreal doesn't do something like this
7 févr. 2018 à 19 h 16
Emotionally in 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Toronto Maple Leafs
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($1M retained)

Arizona Coyotes
Andrew Nielsen
Connor Carrick
2019 3rd round pick
7 févr. 2018 à 19 h 20
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Quoting: krakowitz
Toronto Maple Leafs
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($1M retained)

Arizona Coyotes
Andrew Nielsen
Connor Carrick
2019 3rd round pick

I don't know much about Nielsen. This doesn't look like enough for Hjalmarsson to me though.
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
7 févr. 2018 à 19 h 21
Black Lives Matter
Mccarron is a straight bust, but Scherbak looks like the real deal. I really hope Montreal doesn't do something like this

So maybe take out the pick? Salary could be retained too.
7 févr. 2018 à 19 h 32
Emotionally in 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
I don't know much about Nielsen. This doesn't look like enough for Hjalmarsson to me though.

He's a physical two-way defenseman, whose ceiling is probably a second pairing guy. More realistically he's a third pairing defenseman, but he's still a solid piece.

One piece on the wings, when the wings are Arizona's biggest strength and a bust for him certainly isn't enough. They already have Domi, Keller, Fischer, Perlini, Merkley, etc. Scherbak is just a third liner for them.
7 févr. 2018 à 19 h 45
Habs Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 16
this trade makes no sense for Habs, they want to get younger not older

Yeah But THey Need Defense
7 févr. 2018 à 19 h 59
WentWughes
He's a physical two-way defenseman, whose ceiling is probably a second pairing guy. More realistically he's a third pairing defenseman, but he's still a solid piece.

One piece on the wings, when the wings are Arizona's biggest strength and a bust for him certainly isn't enough. They already have Domi, Keller, Fischer, Perlini, Merkley, etc. Scherbak is just a third liner for them.

I'd probably rank Scherbak ahead of Perlini and Merkley but your righg
7 févr. 2018 à 20 h 0
WentWughes

I honestly wouldn't trade Scherbak for Hjarmarsson straight up. That's just me though. The guy has scored where he went including the 2 games in the NHL this season
7 févr. 2018 à 20 h 0
WentWughes
Yeah But THey Need Defense

Hjarmarsson is not the guy they need. If your talking about Mcdonaugh, they need more than just Mcdonaugh to be Stanley cup contenders
7 févr. 2018 à 20 h 1
WentWughes
I'd probably rank Scherbak ahead of Perlini and Merkley but your righg

didn't realise Perlini had 20 points this season, atleast he's ahead of Merkley lol
7 févr. 2018 à 21 h 15
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,784
Modifié 7 févr. 2018 à 21 h 25
@phillyjabroni

I really have to disagree with you about Kane and Pacioretty comparisons, strictly from a trade value perspective. Kane is a rental. Pacioretty isn’t.

Yes both Kane and Pacioretty play a similar two-way game, although Kane is having a better season and Patches is known as the better goal scorer.
I’ve said plenty of times before, but a team acquiring Kane, will most likely be a contending team, and will not have the cap space next season to resign him. So they are paying to have him for roughly 20 season games a 1 playoff push. This isn’t the case for Pacioretty. Someone who might acquire him will be getting his services for roughly 100 season games and 2 playoff pushes.

You can also add that Pacioretty’s cap hit is extremely manageable for contending teams ($4.5mil), again this year and the next, which, you can argue, adds more value.

If the best MTL can get for Patches is the same as Kane, they should just keep him and use him until next years trade deadline, and trade him then where they would get the exact same thing.

And I’ve said this in another thread as well, but the value of Patches right now is a legit blue collar prospect package deal, specifically one that suites MTL’s needs, which would be a Center (Steel, Thomas, McLeod, Necas style players).
I 100% understand other teams unwilling to move these types of prospects. But if MTL aren’t able to get that type of player, they can simply keep Pacioretty.

And I think there’s a misunderstanding why people think Pacioretty is on the trade block. MTL do not want or need to get rid of him. Habs still lack goal scoring, and Patches is still a cheap and effective player that scores a whole lot of goals. But there are still reasons as to why his name is on the block.
1. Pacioretty is the Habs player with the most value that has the highest chance of yielding a top center prospect.
2. Pacioretty plays a position the MTL has actual depth in, the LW, and can be replaced internally and depth would still not be too much of a concern. (Galchenyuk LW, Drouin LW/C, Hudon LW, Lehkonen LW/RW, Byron LW/RW, Scherbak LW/RW)
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
7 févr. 2018 à 23 h 22
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
i could see this happen
Montreal Canadiens
Max Pacioretty
4th
Scherbak, Nikita

New York Rangers
Ryan McDonagh
2nd
Grabner, Michael

damnit I think youre on to something!!!!!!
8 févr. 2018 à 10 h 14
Mentions "j'aime": 5,908
St. Louis Blues
Kyrou
2019 First

Buffalo Sabres
Evander Kane
8 févr. 2018 à 10 h 36
Mentions "j'aime": 88
Quoting: wojme
St. Louis Blues
Kyrou
2019 First

Buffalo Sabres
Evander Kane

Seems like a little too high price, especially considering how Kane has played lately. Not sure St. Louis would be willing to flip Kyrou either.
8 févr. 2018 à 10 h 53
Black Lives Matter
St. Louis Blues
Kyrou
2019 First

Buffalo Sabres
Evander Kane

Kyrou and a 1st is too much for Kane IMO.
8 févr. 2018 à 10 h 54
Black Lives Matter

Alright then, Hjalmarsson would cost more than Carrick, Nielsen, and a 3rd in my opinion.
8 févr. 2018 à 10 h 57
Quoting: tadhockey
Seems like a little too high price, especially considering how Kane has played lately. Not sure St. Louis would be willing to flip Kyrou either.

Kyrou and a 1st is too much for Kane IMO.

That's lower than the actually asking price still. Not like Kane has done nothing this year. He has proven to be a scorer and an aggressive player. OP said that it would be a first and an above average prospect.
8 févr. 2018 à 11 h 41
Mentions "j'aime": 88
That's lower than the actually asking price still. Not like Kane has done nothing this year. He has proven to be a scorer and an aggressive player. OP said that it would be a first and an above average prospect.

I'm not a Blues expert, but I have to imagine they'd rather trade Tage Thompson (who is an above average prospect) rather than Kyrou. I don't think you're too far off, just a little.
8 févr. 2018 à 12 h 46
Black Lives Matter

I thought Kyrou was supposed to be better than just 'an above average prospect'.
8 févr. 2018 à 13 h 3
I thought Kyrou was supposed to be better than just 'an above average prospect'.

I wouldn't call him a stud. He's a second round pick that is lighting it up in the OHL at 19 on a pretty good Sarnia Sting team.
8 févr. 2018 à 13 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
St. Louis Blues
Kyrou
2019 First

Buffalo Sabres
Evander Kane

This is my point. Why would Armstrong pay one of the best prospects in the NHL and a 1st for Evander Kane when he can just trade the 1st for Michael Grabner and have nearly the same success?
8 févr. 2018 à 13 h 29
Quoting: phillyjabroni
This is my point. Why would Armstrong pay one of the best prospects in the NHL and a 1st for Evander Kane when he can just trade the 1st for Michael Grabner and have nearly the same success?

Because grabner is older and doesn't play with the level of aggressiveness like Kane does.
8 févr. 2018 à 13 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
Because grabner is older and doesn't play with the level of aggressiveness like Kane does.

Yeah but is the difference in skill going to make such a drastic change that equivocates to Jordan Kyrou.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage