SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Where does Florida finish in the overall standings this year?

Where does Florida finish in the overall standings this year?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

19 sept. 2017 à 22 h 36
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
What's so weird about Carolina 23rd?
19 sept. 2017 à 22 h 41
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
Modifié 19 sept. 2017 à 22 h 52
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Carolina is much better than the Isles. If the Isles didn't have Tavares, hey would roll over them like they weren't there.

Darling>Greiss
Hanafin, Faulk, Slavin, Pesce>>>>>>Boychuck, De Haan, Leddy, Hickey
TT, Rask, Skinner, Aho, Lindholm, Staal is better than your top 6 whos and Tavares
Pasta88Sauce et TheTown a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2017 à 23 h 13
Quoting: boltscharge17
31 - Vegas
30 - Florida
29 - New Jersey
28 - Vancouver
27 - Colorado
26 - Philadelphia
25 - Detroit
24 - Buffalo
23 - Carolina
22 - Winnipeg
21 - Boston
20 - Minnesota
19 - Los Angeles
18 - Ottawa
17 - St. Louis

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16 - Montreal
15 - Calgary
14 - Arizona
13 - NY Islanders
12 - Toronto
11 - NY Rangers
10 - Anaheim
9 - Edmonton
8 - Tampa Bay
7 - Columbus
6 - Dallas
5 - Nashville
4 - Chicago
3 - Washington
2 - Pittsburgh
1 - San Jose

200w.gif

LMFAO how do you have Detroit ahead of Philly as well laugh
19 sept. 2017 à 23 h 22

So Islanders are better than Montreal, Boston, Ottawa, Carolina and Buffalo? I dont think so.

but you haven't told me WHY! Those teams might be better, but you haven't told me why. That's my point. I've said why i think the Islanders will be in the playoffs.

Montreal - They have the best goalie in the league. Their defense is slow and not that great but the Islanders aren't better on the blueline. At forward, Tavares gives Isles an advantage, but accept for a #1 center, Montreal has better depth

Boston - I think Krakowitz has explained this enough

Ottawa - Erik ******* Karlsson. Besides that, their defense is pretty shallow minus Chabot who is one of the best dman prospects rn. Their top 6 are pretty good as well. Average depth behind on forward like the Islanders. They also have one of the better goaltending tandems in the NHL.

Carolina - Done

Buffalo - They actually have a #1 goalie unlike some team called the Islanders. Their defense is a bit better than the Islanders and their forwards well... that's pretty obvious
19 sept. 2017 à 23 h 45
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Quoting: krakowitz

Boychuck is a helluva lot better than Hickey. There is no reasonable person that would take the Islanders' defense over Boston's. No reasonable person can find room in the playoffs for the Islanders. That is not a team built for success, period. Boston has a much better playoff shot than the Islanders do. Every single position on the ice, Boston is deeper and overall better in.

Then how did the Islanders come so close to the playoffs? How have they got worse this offseason? If you don't want to tell me, you don't have to, but if you don't tell me then i'm not gonna change my opinion at all ... the Islanders might miss the playoffs, but you have to say they have a chance.

RAIF -- we did an entire debate on this. I'm not revisiting it.
19 sept. 2017 à 23 h 47

Then how did the Islanders come so close to the playoffs? How have they got worse this offseason? If you don't want to tell me, you don't have to, but if you don't tell me then i'm not gonna change my opinion at all ... the Islanders might miss the playoffs, but you have to say they have a chance.

Also, everyone has a chance at the playoffs... even Colorado, Vancouver and Vegas so that's not saying much
20 sept. 2017 à 1 h 49
Black Lives Matter

Carolina is much better than the Isles. If the Isles didn't have Tavares, hey would roll over them like they weren't there.

Darling>Greiss
Hanafin, Faulk, Slavin, Pesce>>>>>>Boychuck, De Haan, Leddy, Hickey
TT, Rask, Skinner, Aho, Lindholm, Staal is better than your top 6 whos and Tavares

The Islanders' forward group isn't great but the Canes' isn't either ... plus look how the isles actually did better than the Canes last season.
20 sept. 2017 à 1 h 49
Black Lives Matter

LMFAO how do you have Detroit ahead of Philly as well laugh

i've explained
20 sept. 2017 à 1 h 50
Black Lives Matter

Also, everyone has a chance at the playoffs... even Colorado, Vancouver and Vegas so that's not saying much

But i mean a good chance.
20 sept. 2017 à 2 h 32
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 163
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
Quoting: mtdavis311
Florida has made a ton of puzzling moves this offseason, from letting Marchessault and Smith go in the expansion, not resigning Jagr and Vanek, buying out Jokinen, and now trading off Demers for almost nothing in return. Given their lineup as it is, where do you see this team finishing in the overall League standings this year?
I wouldn't call it "puzzling"; the reasoning is apparent. But they're still dumb moves.

I'll be generous and say bottom 15.

Oh God that's "going out on a limb call"!!!!
20 sept. 2017 à 2 h 38
Quoting: ON3M4N

Boston was ranked 9th in GA/GP last year and this is what the defense lost/added in the off-season....

Lost - John Michael-Liles / Joe Morrow
Added - Charlie McAvoy / Paul Postma

So just to confirm our defense was 9th in GA/GP and we added McAvoy while losing no major contributor.....but our defense isn't good enough?

Yes, because Chara is too old, Krug is too short, McAvoy is a bust and Carlo is overrated

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. THAT, my friends, is a Bruin hater!!!!!!!!
20 sept. 2017 à 2 h 46
Quoting: phillyjabroni

aren't you Philly fans the ones saying how Mason was the biggest loss ever and how he's a top 5 goalie in the league?

Because our goaltending isnt the issue; its the defense.

With Ghost on the rebound, Provorov only getting better, Morin and Hagg are coming up, if not Travis Sanheim and we got rid of the worst 5v5 guy we had in Schenn

As much as I respect Philly's prospect pool, Ghost; who says he will rebound? He is good offensively but 1 dimensional D is a little suspect. Provorov I like, all around game is good. The other 3 haven't even really played much, they may be good eventually but with D, it takes time, and they don't have the time in yet. But they ARE definitely getting better (just when Giroux and Simmonds are slowing down)
20 sept. 2017 à 2 h 48
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
RAIF, I don't understand your reasoning for St. Louis, Chicago, or San Jose.

Regarding St. Louis, you say they've gotten a year older...hasn't every team? Shouldn't their core players get better as they age a year? Tarasenko, Schwartz, Pietrangelo, Parayko, Allen, etc. You say that Philly got worse because they lost Brayden Schenn. Okay, St. Louis got Schenn while losing the anchor that is Jori Lehtera. How does this not make them better...? They also got rid of Ryan Reaves and will have Vladimir Sobotka for a full year.

Regarding Chicago, how can a team finish first in their extremely competitive division and 4th overall in the league, and STILL not be considered a Cup contender? I understand that the playoffs are a different beast, but come on, seriously? Washington has been top-of-their-division good for a long time, but has yet to prove anything in the playoffs and you think they can win the Cup, but Chicago can't?

Regarding San Jose, how can an aging team get older and still be good, but St. Louis gets a year older and they all of a sudden fall out of the playoffs? The "hard work" argument has no basis whatsoever, just like the Anaheim "doesn't work together" argument has no basis. Please try harder.

Did you think Minnesota was going to be a cup contender this year at the time of the playoffs?
I mean guys like Bouwmeester, Steen, Stastny, etc.
The Sharks have been able to work together as we've seen, and are a very good team with less expected from them, that could give them a presidents' trophy. But, like Anaheim, i'm not sure that their game is gonna work in the playoffs.

Oh man I'm getting dizzy reading this
20 sept. 2017 à 2 h 49
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

Neither do the Islanders and you still think they'll make the playoffs, even when Boston has the better goaltender and the better top six.

Boston has the better goaltending and forwards, but the Isles' defence is MUCH better ... and you're saying Leddy isn't a top pairing d-man.

That statement is just plain WRONG!!! THAT is the Isles weakness!!!!!!!
20 sept. 2017 à 2 h 55

Boston's defense is a lot better than the Islanders'. Krug+Chara+McAvoy+Carlo > Leddy+Pulock+Boychuk+Hickey without question. The only advantage the Islanders' have is JT

You forgot De-Haan and Seidenberg.

DeHaan is EXTREMELY inexperienced for a D man (you just like saying his name.....like The Yotes!!) Seidenberg; theres a reason why the B's bought him out. He is slowing down big time and is still not as good as Chara even though he's younger!!!!! Boychuk; Another reason why B's let him go, he started very wellwhen traded to Isles, and people said "oh the Bruins missed the boat again", but then he settled into mediocrity again like he was in Boston. I like Boychuk, but he is a bottom 6 D guy
20 sept. 2017 à 2 h 58

Boychuck is a helluva lot better than Hickey. There is no reasonable person that would take the Islanders' defense over Boston's. No reasonable person can find room in the playoffs for the Islanders. That is not a team built for success, period. Boston has a much better playoff shot than the Islanders do. Every single position on the ice, Boston is deeper and overall better in.

How did the Bruins make the playoffs???? Just that much better (and then some!!!!) It was the coaching change that boosted the Isles, as it did the Bruins, but difference is, the Bruins are WAY better overall.
20 sept. 2017 à 6 h 58
I'm a Skatman
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 295
eh, they still have a capable team. their moves in the expansion draft have been puzzling, but there is absolutely no guarantee (read: reason to believe) that Marchessaults great season hasn't been a one hit wonder. if Ekblad recovers and doesn't get concussed again, they will certainly bounce back. even without Demers (who might have become to expensive for his role, hence the trade) they have a pretty good D core. I can see a similar trade happening to Brendan Smith in the near future.
up front, they still have Barkov/Trocheck/Bjugstad and hopefully now a healthy Huberdeau, the newly acquired Dadonov and a few depth pieces. they will be dependent on the health of a few players, but they are definitely not as bad as you want them to be. I'll vote for a playoff spot.
20 sept. 2017 à 7 h 29
Mentions "j'aime": 4,566
Quoting: ON3M4N

So there are at least 30 d-men that you'd take instead of Chara, again not factoring age, contract, development...just looking at what they bring on the ice for a single season.

Correct. It's my opinion, which obviously differs from yours. Don't get salty, there's no room for it here.

Salty? bahaha, I don't get "salty" over someones opinion because it doesn't align with mine.
20 sept. 2017 à 11 h 43
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: PaulDunnill

How did the Bruins make the playoffs???? Just that much better (and then some!!!!) It was the coaching change that boosted the Isles, as it did the Bruins, but difference is, the Bruins are WAY better overall.

But there are other teams getting better, and the Islanders are one of them.
20 sept. 2017 à 11 h 45
Black Lives Matter

Boston has the better goaltending and forwards, but the Isles' defence is MUCH better ... and you're saying Leddy isn't a top pairing d-man.

Garth Snow said that he traded Hamonic partly because of their good defence.
20 sept. 2017 à 12 h 24
Mentions "j'aime": 4,566

Riiiiight, had nothing to do with Hamonic's trade request earlier in the year.
20 sept. 2017 à 12 h 33
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516

And Garth Snow is always right about everything. That's like saying all Muslims are terrorists because Donald Trump said so.
TheTown a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2017 à 13 h 26
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 208
Predictions

1. Edmonton - They are a great young team, was inexperienced last year, I expect them to make a push for the division and for the presidents trophy as well.
2. Tampa Bay - If they can stay healthy this is a scary team to play against. Biggest question mark is the goaltending for them.
3. Nashville - Best D-man core in the league, yes Ellis is out for half the year but I still think they take the Central division, depends on how well Rinne can play during the season.
4. Pittsburgh - Back to Back champs. They are a good team. Lost a few key players but should be able to stay in the top 5. Crosby and Malkin.
5. Washington - Lost a few players but they shouldn't fall off quite as much as we expect them too. Still a top 5, cup contending team.
6. Chicago - Patrick Kane. One of the best forwards in the game, he will push this team into the playoffs.
7. Anaheim - They will fall behind at the beginning of the season but will make a hard push. Hard to win games without Lindholm and Kesler to start the season.
8. Columbus - This is their chance to prove last year was not a fluke and they can compete with everyone in the Metro. Not sold completely but they should be a top 10 team in the league.
9. Minnesota - BB coached team. They do great in the regular season and then choke it away in the playoffs. They are a playoff team but not a cup contender
10. Calgary - They have a solid defense. The goaltending is the question here. They could do some damage if Smith can hold his own.
11. St. Louis - They got a little better during the offseason. Everyone will be better and they will have Fabbri back. Will make the playoffs but might be a wild card
12. Dallas - Added more fire power, a goalie, and a d-man. This team could be dangerous all season and playoffs. Could make a cup run.
13. Boston - Strong forward group, defense was improved during the off-season. Should be 2nd in the Atlantic with ease.
14. Toronto - Good young team. If they stay healthy, they should be able to make the playoffs. Still a young team and needs a number 1 d-man.
15. Ottawa - Erik Karlsson. If Anderson plays well he and Karlsson can help push the Sens to a playoff berth
16. Rangers - Lundqvist is older, and he is starting to show. Still a top 10 goalie. They are a bubble team for me.
17. Philly - They improved the team as whole. Nolan Patrick will be a great addition and the young guys on the back end. Elliott Should help them. Another bubble playoff team.
18. San Jose - Lost a depth d-man and a top 6 forward. They will be good but it will be hard for them to make the playoff spot without replacing them.
19. Montreal - No number 1 center, and Price can't carry them into the playoffs like before. They miss the playoffs
20. Carolina - Darling won't meet their expectations. They will need a 1A and 1B tandem to make the playoffs for the following year
21. Winnipeg - They have the most lethal line in the NHL. Though the defense and Goalie are questionable and it doesn't help the division they are in as well.
22. Arizona - I think this is the sleeper team. I don't have them in the playoffs but I would not be surprised to see them sneak in.
23. Buffalo - They will be a little better. Defense is a little suspect. They will be better in a few years
24. New Jersey - Number 1 pick in the draft. The team will be better but still not a playoff team
25. LA - They did not improve in the off-season and they are still slow. Time to rebuild and get younger.
26. Florida - They've have a lot of new faces. Let a 30 goal scorer go to expansion. Management has totally turned this team upside down.
27. Islanders - Other teams in the Metro got better. They did not. Not much of a supporting cast behind JT. Defense is suspect and they have no true number 1 goalie.
28. Vancouver - No number 1 goalie, defense is decent. Aging forwards, with some youth in the lineup. Might surprise some people, I expect them to finish in the bottom 5.
29. Vegas - Could be a little better than what it is expected. Should be exciting to follow how well the team might perform
30. Detroit - They are in a full rebuild, time to sell the players that have value and stock up on draft picks
31. Colorado - Duchene will get traded by the deadline and they will be on full tank mode by then and hope to get that number 1 pick.

I think spots 15- 22 will all be within 10 points of each other. The final wild card spot in both conferences will be up for grabs until the last game of the season.
20 sept. 2017 à 14 h 39

But there are other teams getting better, and the Islanders are one of them.

Where are they getting better?
20 sept. 2017 à 14 h 40

Well of course Garth is going to say that. He is showing confidence in young guys, but it takes time for young guys to develop. It won't be right away, like I mean this year!!

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage