Forums/Armchair-GM

Dreams

Créé par: jwills2001
Équipe: 2024-25 Devils du New Jersey
Date de création initiale: 8 juin 2024
Publié: 8 juin 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The devils need a face lift after an abysmal season. But I wouldn't necessarily dump and change the entire lineup. Goalkeeping and depth kinda killed the season. With these move I think the Devs could efficiently fill in for injury prone players like Hughes and Hamilton (note the lack of added D depth added but I feel that the devs figured it out toward the end of the season with Macdermid, Desimone, and Hatakka, however, I left cap space for another signing if you disagree). Mercer signs bridge and given a much better 3rd line that he can work up from. Same goes for Holtz who would hopefully run his way up the lineup. Adam Henrique feels like a perfect fit for this season and the Devs really could use a solid faceoff winning 3C. Debrusk is a bonus if he hits free agency but if not then the team should 100% target Tatar. Two reunions in the offseason may seem a little ridiculous but again I think the team really needs to target depth rather than blowing up the top 6.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
3950 000 $
21 050 000 $
21 250 000 $
1950 000 $
33 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
2800 000 $
2950 000 $
23 800 000 $
33 900 000 $
Transactions
NJD
  1. Markström, Jacob (3 000 000 $ retained)
CGY
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (NJD)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (WPG)
Détails additionnels:
Trade can be adjusted for similar value if Calgary require roster players
NJD
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (LAK)
Détails additionnels:
This is under the assumption that the kings don't get a Markstrom, Saros, etc. They could get Kahkonen on the free agency market but with the cap going up hell probably be asking for 3+ mil. Jake Allen is under 2 on 1 yr and would be a nice combo goalie with Rittich. This trade does not need to happen but could be good for both teams.
LAK
  1. Allen, Jake
Détails additionnels:
Jake Allen has a yr left in the books, Devs could keep him as 1b but the idea of getting assets back and letting Schmid or Dawes fight for backup 15-20+ games sounds better.
Frais appliqués
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de COL
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de WPG
Logo de LAK
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de DAL
Logo de WPG
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2387 700 000 $82 276 397 $1 538 897 $5 950 000 $5 423 603 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
8 800 000 $8 800 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 7
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C
UFA - 6
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 7
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 7
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD, C
RFA
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 2
3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 3
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Flames de Calgary
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 850 000 $$2M)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
G
RFA - 2
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
918 333 $918 333 $ (Bonis de performance3 250 000 $$3M)
DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
DG/DD, AG
UFA - 3
950 000 $950 000 $
C
UFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
8 juin à 14 h 7
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,711
Quoting: dgibb10
I'd rather give 10th overall+2025 1st (and even more tbh) for Swayman than any of the other bull**** I've been seeing thrown around lately.

If I'm gonna overpay, it might as well be for someone actually worth overpaying for

Wouldn’t be both 1sts. But I get the point you are making.

Swayman has no NTC protection, but as RFA, would have a say in where he extends (He could QO 2x to UFA). So that would narrow the market considerably.
dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
8 juin à 14 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 10
Quoting: NHLfan10506
1. The Devils aren’t trading 10oa for ANY goalie. Fitzgerald was very specific in those interviews that the 10th pick is available for someone special with term and fits the core demographic (meaning someone in their twenties).

2. The agreed upon Markstrom trade in February was Holtz for a retained Markstrom. Some earlier reports had Vanecek included with a pick to pay for that, but sounds like it was later omitted. And there were a couple of places where there was an unnamed bottom-six winger and mid pick included to cover that. So the final trade was something like Markstrom ($2-3m retained) and Duehr (or similar) for Holtz and 4th. That is probably the base line to work off of going forward. (Hopefully Fitz and Conroy have patched things up).

3. Schmid is waiver exempt, so we can keep Allen and Schmid for 2024-25 (as is Daws). So no reason for Kings trade.

4. DeBrusk is likely to get a little more $$. If we are holding onto Holtz, I’d put Alex at 2LW and sign a Will Carrier type for bottom six (Holtz should be on right side in bottom six role, left side in offensive role).

5. I think the RFA figures are spot on.

Again Allen trade is just an option (as it says in trade details) if we are against cap and since I don't really know what Debrusk is asking for I left room in cap space to adjust. I also said in JM details that assets could be used instead (like Holtz) and I am also happy with the Devs paying a premium for a goalie like JM who has two years left and could be 3 mil a yr (not bad imo) If they don't pay up the first thats awesome but I just feel as though it may happen. Markstrom isa good interim goalie and has proved he still has it on multiple occasions. And people saying Ullmark seriously are not realizing how much he is going to cost. Devs have names they have to pay next yr and the yr after. And I challenge people to name a goalie in their 20s who is actually available.
8 juin à 14 h 10
Also for Ullmark, Devils are on No Trade list (which won’t change before July 1st). If we waives NTC, it’s probably done after 7/1 in exchange for higher AAV number on extension (and would likely turn into NMC once extension is signed)

(I think Ullmark is the least likely of all the talked about goalies)
jwills2001 a aimé ceci.
8 juin à 14 h 11
Démarrer sujet
1. The Devils aren’t trading 10oa for ANY goalie. Fitzgerald was very specific in those interviews that the 10th pick is available for someone special with term and fits the core demographic (meaning someone in their twenties).

2. The agreed upon Markstrom trade in February was Holtz for a retained Markstrom. Some earlier reports had Vanecek included with a pick to pay for that, but sounds like it was later omitted. And there were a couple of places where there was an unnamed bottom-six winger and mid pick included to cover that. So the final trade was something like Markstrom ($2-3m retained) and Duehr (or similar) for Holtz and 4th. That is probably the base line to work off of going forward. (Hopefully Fitz and Conroy have patched things up).

3. Schmid is waiver exempt, so we can keep Allen and Schmid for 2024-25 (as is Daws). So no reason for Kings trade.

4. DeBrusk is likely to get a little more $$. If we are holding onto Holtz, I’d put Alex at 2LW and sign a Will Carrier type for bottom six (Holtz should be on right side in bottom six role, left side in offensive role).

5. I think the RFA figures are spot on.

Again Allen trade is just an option (as it says in trade details) if we are against cap and since I don't really know what Debrusk is asking for I left room in cap space to adjust. I also said in JM details that assets could be used instead (like Holtz) and I am also happy with the Devs paying a premium for a goalie like JM who has two years left and could be 3 mil a yr (not bad imo) If they don't pay up the first thats awesome but I just feel as though it may happen. Markstrom isa good interim goalie and has proved he still has it on multiple occasions. And people saying Ullmark seriously are not realizing how much he is going to cost. Devs have names they have to pay next yr and the yr after. And I challenge people to name a goalie in their 20s who is actually available.
8 juin à 14 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Oops posted that one twice
NHLfan10506 a aimé ceci.
8 juin à 14 h 20
Quoting: jwills2001

There are plenty of goalies in their 20s available. Gustavsson has been linked to NJD…and Russo has said Guerin may use him to upgrade their draft position. Saros may be available, depending on how extension talks go. Trotz and Fitzy are very close (as are Guerin and Fitzy)…so I would imagine they are at least talking. Adin Hill is rumored to be available, although haven’t seen Devils linked to him. Joey Daccord is available. I have seen anything on Vejmelka, but sounds like some speculate that he may be an option. Some Pens fans believe Jarry may be available.

As for Markstrom, I’m totally good with him for $3m x 2 years. I just don’t think the trade pieces align. 10th overall is too much…so we’d either need another piece back or send different piece. The scenario where Calgary sends Markstrom along with Vancouver 1st for #10 is one route (not my first choice, but plausible). Or could be other players included.
8 juin à 14 h 23
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,505
Quoting: Smitty426
You wanna use the 10 OA do it there for Sway

LOL as if Boston is going to trade Swayman. That's even more delusional than thinking you'll get Saros cheap.
8 juin à 14 h 29
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,078
Quoting: MoxNix
LOL as if Boston is going to trade Swayman. That's even more delusional than thinking you'll get Saros cheap.

I didn't say they were going to do it. I said if you're going to trade it, that's what it should be for. I have always been at keep the pick. Who said Saros would be cheap? Not me.

But also all this 10OA, Nemec, Holtz and Mercer for Juicy is hysterical
8 juin à 14 h 37
Démarrer sujet
There are plenty of goalies in their 20s available. Gustavsson has been linked to NJD…and Russo has said Guerin may use him to upgrade their draft position. Saros may be available, depending on how extension talks go. Trotz and Fitzy are very close (as are Guerin and Fitzy)…so I would imagine they are at least talking. Adin Hill is rumored to be available, although haven’t seen Devils linked to him. Joey Daccord is available. I have seen anything on Vejmelka, but sounds like some speculate that he may be an option. Some Pens fans believe Jarry may be available.

As for Markstrom, I’m totally good with him for $3m x 2 years. I just don’t think the trade pieces align. 10th overall is too much…so we’d either need another piece back or send different piece. The scenario where Calgary sends Markstrom along with Vancouver 1st for #10 is one route (not my first choice, but plausible). Or could be other players included.

And I totally agree that they would all be probably better options but I just don't think any of them are gonna happen. Gustavsson is a great choice but I think at the end of the day the wild would rather keep their easy to swallow contract Gustavsson than move him and with fleury being ancient its and he is 26 (hard to move that as a GM with one bad season that improved toward the back end tremendously). I really stand by the fact that Saros won't go anywhere unless things get really bad in Nashville, he is so valuable and will cost again a tremendous amount of money for the foreseeable future with an extension. Hill is 5 mil with no chance of retention unless we go through another party (which could happen), And I like Daccord but Id rather stick with someone thats done the dance before (played 60+ games and more than one season of success). Goalies can play the game for a long time as long as they avoid certain injuries (which JM has). And the knights proved you don't need a Saros or Ullmark to win a cup and idk about you but after being a devils fan for my whole life (22 long years and obviously wasn't really sentient for 03) I'm here for a run, which JM can handle as we have seen it before.
8 juin à 14 h 52
Quoting: jwills2001
And I totally agree that they would all be probably better options but I just don't think any of them are gonna happen. Gustavsson is a great choice but I think at the end of the day the wild would rather keep their easy to swallow contract Gustavsson than move him and with fleury being ancient its and he is 26 (hard to move that as a GM with one bad season that improved toward the back end tremendously). I really stand by the fact that Saros won't go anywhere unless things get really bad in Nashville, he is so valuable and will cost again a tremendous amount of money for the foreseeable future with an extension. Hill is 5 mil with no chance of retention unless we go through another party (which could happen), And I like Daccord but Id rather stick with someone thats done the dance before (played 60+ games and more than one season of success). Goalies can play the game for a long time as long as they avoid certain injuries (which JM has). And the knights proved you don't need a Saros or Ullmark to win a cup and idk about you but after being a devils fan for my whole life (22 long years and obviously wasn't really sentient for 03) I'm here for a run, which JM can handle as we have seen it before.

I am with you on Markstrom…it’s especially intriguing since he actually wants to play here.

Here is my case on a couple of the others

Saros -- Trotz has a big decision to make. It’s likely 7-9 years of Saros or it will be Askorov. Long-term, it doesn’t make sense to keep both. Saros has zero trade protection today, so Trotz can hold an open auction for highest bidder and bring down a haul for him. The minute Saros signs an extension, he is likely getting full NMC (that would apply immediately to current contract as well as extension). So after extension, Saros holds all the cards. Trotz has to make a big long-term call pretty soon.

Daccord -- I do not believe he will be a one-hit wonder. Few goalies enjoy playing the net as much as him. Has a very high work ethic. And grew up around the nuts and bolts of goaltending (his dad is one of the best goalie coaches on the planet). An extension probably comes in tandem range too ($3-4m).

Hill -- may be cheapest in trade price to acquire. Vegas needs to move cap to sign their UFAs. And they have shown history of selling guys cheaply to Eastern conference teams (Pacioretty to Carolina in 2022, Smith to Pittsburgh in 2023) in order to move cap. At $5m for one year, I don’t think we would need retention.

Gustavsson -- they have Wallstedt nearing the jump, and MAF for another year. And very specific wants out of the draft. It may also be the last chance to buy a good goalie after a dip in value.
8 juin à 15 h 3
Démarrer sujet
I am with you on Markstrom…it’s especially intriguing since he actually wants to play here.

Here is my case on a couple of the others

Saros -- Trotz has a big decision to make. It’s likely 7-9 years of Saros or it will be Askorov. Long-term, it doesn’t make sense to keep both. Saros has zero trade protection today, so Trotz can hold an open auction for highest bidder and bring down a haul for him. The minute Saros signs an extension, he is likely getting full NMC (that would apply immediately to current contract as well as extension). So after extension, Saros holds all the cards. Trotz has to make a big long-term call pretty soon.

Daccord -- I do not believe he will be a one-hit wonder. Few goalies enjoy playing the net as much as him. Has a very high work ethic. And grew up around the nuts and bolts of goaltending (his dad is one of the best goalie coaches on the planet). An extension probably comes in tandem range too ($3-4m).

Hill -- may be cheapest in trade price to acquire. Vegas needs to move cap to sign their UFAs. And they have shown history of selling guys cheaply to Eastern conference teams (Pacioretty to Carolina in 2022, Smith to Pittsburgh in 2023) in order to move cap. At $5m for one year, I don’t think we would need retention.

Gustavsson -- they have Wallstedt nearing the jump, and MAF for another year. And very specific wants out of the draft. It may also be the last chance to buy a good goalie after a dip in value.

Where we are missing each other is still the cap hit for this year, I did this Armchair GM to also add at forward (Henrique, Debrusk, Mercer bridge deal) all of these probably can't happen if we go out and spend 5+ on a goalie. This is why I went with JM, and for the case of Daccord ill emphasize that no matter how much he could be great a one yr sample size has hurt teams in the past and as I am in the boat of cup contention JM is still my pick. You have sold me a little on Gustavsson but I still don't know if it will actually happen so I stick with JM (I just know that can happen). And I am still a hard believer on passing on Saros because of players like Luke, Bahl, and Holtz (depending on how good he is next yr) next year who are looking for their extensions.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage