SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Mercy me

Créé par: SWT4
Publié: 7 juin à 22 h 47
Plafond salarial: 87 700 000 $
Journées à la saison: 185/186 (99%)
Détermination du registraire central: Cette transaction a été refusée, car une des équipes n'a pas atteint le plancher salarial

Logo de Bruins de BostonBruins de Boston

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Ullmark, LinusBruins de BostonLNH-4 973 118 $011-------00
Frederic, TrentBruins de BostonLNH-2 287 634 $011---0000--
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Bahl, KevinDevils du New JerseyLNH-1 044 355 $011---0000--
Mercer, DawsonDevils du New JerseyLNH-0 $011---0000--
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial20 909 166 $173047239
Variation6 216 397 $0-10000
Final27 125 563 $ (↑)1729 (↓)47239000

Logo de Devils du New JerseyDevils du New Jersey

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Bahl, KevinDevils du New JerseyLNH-1 044 355 $011---0000--
Mercer, DawsonDevils du New JerseyLNH-0 $011---0000--
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Ullmark, LinusBruins de BostonLNH-4 973 118 $011-------00
Frederic, TrentBruins de BostonLNH-2 287 634 $011---0000--
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial18 823 603 $1534503611
Variation-6 216 397 $010000
Final12 607 206 $ (↓)1535 (↑)503611000
7 juin à 23 h 7
Rejoint: mai 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 6
Any thoughts? I know Devils fans don’t want to give up Mercer, but they have to get a goalie. Seems pretty fair?
8 juin à 0 h 2
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,802
Quoting: SWT4
Any thoughts? I know Devils fans don’t want to give up Mercer, but they have to get a goalie. Seems pretty fair?

I actually really like this for both sides. Well done!
Hobo a aimé ceci.
8 juin à 12 h 36
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,902
NJD is not moving dawson mercer for a rental goalie, end of story.
8 juin à 15 h 41
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,696
Maybe Graeme Clarke in lieu of Mercer?

(No way Mercer is moved in a deal like this)
8 juin à 18 h 36
Sir
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 362
Quoting: dgibb10
NJD is not moving dawson mercer for a rental goalie, end of story.

I would imagine any deal would likely come with an extension for the goalie. That being said, no matter how many players the Devils have up front, they have made the playoffs, what twice in 12 year, perhaps getting a goalie and building from the back may help them.
8 juin à 18 h 42
Sir
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Maybe Graeme Clarke in lieu of Mercer?

(No way Mercer is moved in a deal like this)

Why on earth would the Bruins moving a starting goalie (also has a Vezna) and a proven NHL player for a 23 year old player that hasn't cracked an NHL roster yet? Clarke moves no needles for the Bruins what so ever and the Devils get a bottom 6 player who can play wing or centre and would have been 6th on the team last year in points plus solves their biggest issue....goaltending.
8 juin à 19 h 33
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,902
Quoting: Hobo
I would imagine any deal would likely come with an extension for the goalie. That being said, no matter how many players the Devils have up front, they have made the playoffs, what twice in 12 year, perhaps getting a goalie and building from the back may help them.

Ahh of course the pretend extension on the rental.

I don't want an extension on Ullmark until i see how he adapts to the new system and how he ages
8 juin à 19 h 48
Sir
Quoting: dgibb10
Ahh of course the pretend extension on the rental.

I don't want an extension on Ullmark until i see how he adapts to the new system and how he ages

It's not a pretend, many players that have a year left and some who don't will sign extensions. Given he has a 15 team no trade list, it wouldn't surprise me he would be willing to extend if the Devils are on that list.

Never the less, if season after season can't show the Devils they need a goalie, they can continue to draft in the top 20 every season. Finding bottom/middle 6 depth that can contribute, 1 more shut down heavy D man and the most important piece....a goalie will go a long way for the team. That being said, I am ok with them not having a goalie and never maximizing the 8 years of top 20 draft picks and 5 in the top 10.
9 juin à 6 h 33
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 499
NJ has disposable assets and guys you win with. Mercer is a guy you win with.

The only players I wouldn't trade outside of Mercer on this team are Hughes and Hischier, but I'm even willing to move them at the right price... and the D I'm not moving are L Hughes and Nemec.

It's not that I consider Mercer a core player... but I consider Mercer a presence on the team that does something that you can find few guys to do these days... when he's 10' or closer on the net, he's really annoying and is good at finding loose pucks. He can be part of a really good two way line with Hischier.

The combos in NJ's top six are either:

Bratt - Hughes - Meier
x - Hischier - Mercer

Or

X - Hughes - Mercer
Bratt - Hischier - Meier

X is a player we need to acquire that plays heavy and fast. Moving Mercer just creates new hole, and getting a goaltender doesn't guarantee this team will succeed, as per it's run through ten goaltenders in the last 3 years, and none of them stuck, which defies the laws of statistics or just rightfully suggests that NJ doesn't play well in front of their goaltender.
10 juin à 9 h 25
Sir
Quoting: Element23VM
NJ has disposable assets and guys you win with. Mercer is a guy you win with.

The only players I wouldn't trade outside of Mercer on this team are Hughes and Hischier, but I'm even willing to move them at the right price... and the D I'm not moving are L Hughes and Nemec.

It's not that I consider Mercer a core player... but I consider Mercer a presence on the team that does something that you can find few guys to do these days... when he's 10' or closer on the net, he's really annoying and is good at finding loose pucks. He can be part of a really good two way line with Hischier.

The combos in NJ's top six are either:

Bratt - Hughes - Meier
x - Hischier - Mercer

Or

X - Hughes - Mercer
Bratt - Hischier - Meier

X is a player we need to acquire that plays heavy and fast. Moving Mercer just creates new hole, and getting a goaltender doesn't guarantee this team will succeed, as per it's run through ten goaltenders in the last 3 years, and none of them stuck, which defies the laws of statistics or just rightfully suggests that NJ doesn't play well in front of their goaltender.

Mercer does something only a few guys can do? Can you elaborate on that one? I have seen a lot of devils games as my brother is a Devils fan. I mean he has upside, no doubt about that, but he is still streaky and isn't what I would say a defensive minded player.

So what do you do to resolve your goalie issues and 1 more shut down D man? Everyone hates the above trade that is a Devils fan and most Bruins fans likely wont want to see it done as it doesn't give the Bruins a number 1 Center.
10 juin à 10 h 10
Mercer does something only a few guys can do? Can you elaborate on that one? I have seen a lot of devils games as my brother is a Devils fan. I mean he has upside, no doubt about that, but he is still streaky and isn't what I would say a defensive minded player.

So what do you do to resolve your goalie issues and 1 more shut down D man? Everyone hates the above trade that is a Devils fan and most Bruins fans likely wont want to see it done as it doesn't give the Bruins a number 1 Center.

Mercer just scores the kind of goal that gets scored by third liners from traffic out front and crash the net style of play, but he's really good at it, which means as a middle six forward, he'll always get his goals in the playoffs or reg seasons, no matter how important the game is, he's going to be effective. He's got a decent shot, too, but he's sneaky and roguish

I don't think he's a 1C or a 2C, but he gets his goals no matter how important the game, and his personality is an asset to the team. He reminds me of Michael Ryder. He most certainly a role player.

The play for NJ is to acquire a shutdown guy that can play top 4 minutes, and to turn their roster over for a bit more two way play and veteran character... put guys on that roster that really want to win and that can bring that culture to the team. They thought they were getting that with Palat, but Palat wasn't the emotional battery in Tampa Bay... he was a passenger, and they got ripped off.

When they have those players on their team, they can go with Kakkonen and Allen and THEN assess their needs for a better goaltender. Chances are, they're going to get 905 to 910 out of both those goaltenders when they tighten up in front of them, and they don't need to acquire a goalie at all. For all they know... they bring Schmid in for some games, Schmid gives them 915... and they realize "I think we got our starting goaltender of the future"
10 juin à 10 h 57
Sir
Mercer just scores the kind of goal that gets scored by third liners from traffic out front and crash the net style of play, but he's really good at it, which means as a middle six forward, he'll always get his goals in the playoffs or reg seasons, no matter how important the game is, he's going to be effective. He's got a decent shot, too, but he's sneaky and roguish

I don't think he's a 1C or a 2C, but he gets his goals no matter how important the game, and his personality is an asset to the team. He reminds me of Michael Ryder. He most certainly a role player.

The play for NJ is to acquire a shutdown guy that can play top 4 minutes, and to turn their roster over for a bit more two way play and veteran character... put guys on that roster that really want to win and that can bring that culture to the team. They thought they were getting that with Palat, but Palat wasn't the emotional battery in Tampa Bay... he was a passenger, and they got ripped off.

When they have those players on their team, they can go with Kakkonen and Allen and THEN assess their needs for a better goaltender. Chances are, they're going to get 905 to 910 out of both those goaltenders when they tighten up in front of them, and they don't need to acquire a goalie at all. For all they know... they bring Schmid in for some games, Schmid gives them 915... and they realize "I think we got our starting goaltender of the future"

I have a different take on your perspective. I do think Mercer is a fine player, but I am not sure he can be considered that clutch and go to player for goal scoring (3 playoff goals in 12 games and one was on the PP). Case to be earned still in this regard.

I think with the wealth of riches the Devils have, they can move Mercer to shore up the goalie situation (not to mention in the trade you are getting Frederic who is a locker room and fan favorite for the energy he brings, middle 6 player that can play center, wing, fight, go to the net and is a coaches player (not to mention put up 40 pts and 31pts in the last 2 years and 5 in the playoffs this year)

As for the Devils goaltending......its pretty freaking bad man. Kak's career sv % is .899 and 27 years old, what you see is what you get right now. Jake Allen, also not making you any cup runs. Schmid is still somewhat unknown as his sample size is 33 games started with a losing record and a 0.899 sv%.

It will be interesting to see what happens July 1st and at the draft etc.
10 juin à 12 h 2
I have a different take on your perspective. I do think Mercer is a fine player, but I am not sure he can be considered that clutch and go to player for goal scoring (3 playoff goals in 12 games and one was on the PP). Case to be earned still in this regard.

I think with the wealth of riches the Devils have, they can move Mercer to shore up the goalie situation (not to mention in the trade you are getting Frederic who is a locker room and fan favorite for the energy he brings, middle 6 player that can play center, wing, fight, go to the net and is a coaches player (not to mention put up 40 pts and 31pts in the last 2 years and 5 in the playoffs this year)

As for the Devils goaltending......its pretty freaking bad man. Kak's career sv % is .899 and 27 years old, what you see is what you get right now. Jake Allen, also not making you any cup runs. Schmid is still somewhat unknown as his sample size is 33 games started with a losing record and a 0.899 sv%.

It will be interesting to see what happens July 1st and at the draft etc.

Goaltending never is to be judged in a vacuum. Like we had a lawnmower and my dad kept breaking the belt... it's like "okay, buy a new belt"... we had to replace it every year, which is ridiculous. Something was stressing the belt and causing it to break. That's the same thing here... goaltenders are "suffering" here, but it doesn't mean it's them that's bad... because they go elsewhere and get better numbers. It's a testament to NJ's poor system in front of their goaltending... and I suspected it two years ago when they went through like 7 goalies in the year... now I'm more than convinced after another year with this repeated narrative.
10 juin à 15 h 21
Sir
Goaltending never is to be judged in a vacuum. Like we had a lawnmower and my dad kept breaking the belt... it's like "okay, buy a new belt"... we had to replace it every year, which is ridiculous. Something was stressing the belt and causing it to break. That's the same thing here... goaltenders are "suffering" here, but it doesn't mean it's them that's bad... because they go elsewhere and get better numbers. It's a testament to NJ's poor system in front of their goaltending... and I suspected it two years ago when they went through like 7 goalies in the year... now I'm more than convinced after another year with this repeated narrative.

I understand, fix the root cause not the symptom - however, you likely have watched those goalies play.....they are not what I would call great goalies. Some players are victims of the circumstance and the best find ways to shine no matter the circumstance. Those goalies don't even pass the eyeball test. Sure they are worthy backup goalies, but none of them are doing anything to steal games or a playoff series for them.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage