Forums/Armchair-GM

Gotta Make Moves To Fix Yzermans Mess

Créé par: IDKtbh
Équipe: 2024-25 Red Wings de Detroit
Date de création initiale: 6 juin 2024
Publié: 6 juin 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
You would think extending Kane at market value would be a priority for a team whose scoring has been an issue for years but, I would guess that he doesn’t even get an offer from Yzerman. Lalonde choosing not to play Berggren after he showed he absolutely can play in this league and generate offense is offensive to me. I love Yzerman as a player and a person but, as a GM I think he has been pathetic outside of his slightly above average drafting. Came into a situation with a terrible cap situation and a bare cupboard of prospects and now we’re arguably in cap hell again but at least we have some decent prospects to work with.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
31 825 000 $
21 250 000 $
11 000 000 $
87 875 000 $
88 325 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
34 250 000 $
32 500 000 $
35 250 000 $
16 500 000 $
66 750 000 $
Transactions
DET
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (CAR)
CAR
  1. Veleno, Joseph [Droits de RFA]
  2. Walman, Jake
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (DAL)
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2025 (DET)
DET
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (VAN)
NYI
  1. Määttä, Olli
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (DET)
DET
  1. Markström, Jacob (3 000 000 $ retained)
CGY
  1. Chiarot, Ben
  2. Husso, Ville
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (CAR)
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (DET)
DET
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2025 (CHI)
SJS
  1. Holl, Justin
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (VAN)
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2026 (DET)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de NJD
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de BOS
Logo de CHI
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de STL
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2188 500 000 $85 669 307 $0 $1 850 000 $2 830 693 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 7
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
AD, AG
RFA
886 667 $886 667 $ (Bonis de performance1 000 000 $$1M)
C
RFA - 3
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AD
UFA
1 825 000 $1 825 000 $
AD, AG
RFA
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
AD, C
UFA
5 100 000 $5 100 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 4
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
C, AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
905 833 $905 833 $
AG
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
DG
UFA
8 325 000 $8 325 000 $
DD
RFA
Logo de Flames de Calgary
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
RFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA
900 000 $900 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
7 juin à 0 h 19
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,781
Quoting: SharkTank
It was Kenny Holland.

He said he would've taken Seider if he was still there.

He took Broberg at #8.

That's probably it.
7 juin à 0 h 27
Rejoint: avr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 107
Quoting: Lancebmx
I wouldn't agree with any of this, other than maybe the boys club. It wasn't about putting the plug to try and win. It was able icing a team of NHL players and trying to build a winning culture. Pre-McDavid Oilers Ave the Sabres are perfect examples. Those teams just expected to lose every game. Edmonton specifically, those boys you could see in the bar after every game. Had a buddy with Minnesota at the time, they never did that. The culture was different. Look at Buffalo, how many times have they been on the bottom, still are. They didn't build a winning culture and it shows, everyone just expects them to be bad. I would say majority of the players signed as free agents are there not only to help the team be better but also shelter our young guys when they come up.
At the end of the day you have to make money and losing doesn't make money. Don't forget about the business side of things, the fact we had the COVID seasons and just built a new arena.

I just don’t buy the “winning culture” narrative as much as most. I think it can help on the edges, but teams with the most talent get labeled with good culture because they win. The wings haven’t made the playoffs since 2016, any winning culture is long gone. Finishing 4th from the bottom or 12th from the bottom isn’t impacting it either way.

When I say they pulled the plug early it is because it was clear that they hadn’t yet acquired enough elite talent at the top of the draft to compete at a truly elite level. Seider and Raymond are great players, and Kasper, Cossa, Edvinsson look like they’ll play meaningful NHL hockey, but they needed a true 1C. They would have been far better served biting the bullet on one more year of serious pain and bringing in a Fantilli, for example.

They went the other way and brought in a number of mid-tier free agents that weren’t going to get you to the playoffs, but were also going to keep you from the truly elite level prospect they needed. In my opinion it was a mistake then, and I still think it was. Currently, they look like a team headed for the mushy middle without some creative maneuvering to acquire the type of talent they will need.
IDKtbh a aimé ceci.
7 juin à 0 h 48
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,781
On your team though, McIsaac doesn't get a contract. He's playing in Europe or something. I doubt he gets tendered a qualifying offer.
Berggren doesn't really deserve that much money, I think he gets a bit extra but that's quite a bit. Could work out really well if he plays well. The risk might be worth it.
Johansson doesn't get that much, can likely get him on a two year deal for under a million.
Lindholm isn't signing a one year deal, not at his age.
Duchene likely gets that offer at least in Dallas and stays there.
You were complaining about the big contracts to not great players then sign 30 year old Skjei to a big 6 year deal and 32 year old be Hakanpaa to a 3 year deal. Nothing against those players but those deals won't agree well at all.
Giving up a first, even if there is questionable cap attached, for a 34 year old goalie is also not great.
7 juin à 1 h 13
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 366
It all looks bad at present value until you see Hronek do nothing for half a season and realize you have to remember the future, and thankfully Yzerman does.
7 juin à 2 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
Rejoint: nov. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,427
Quoting: Lancebmx
On your team though, McIsaac doesn't get a contract. He's playing in Europe or something. I doubt he gets tendered a qualifying offer.
Berggren doesn't really deserve that much money, I think he gets a bit extra but that's quite a bit. Could work out really well if he plays well. The risk might be worth it.
Johansson doesn't get that much, can likely get him on a two year deal for under a million.
Lindholm isn't signing a one year deal, not at his age.
Duchene likely gets that offer at least in Dallas and stays there.
You were complaining about the big contracts to not great players then sign 30 year old Skjei to a big 6 year deal and 32 year old be Hakanpaa to a 3 year deal. Nothing against those players but those deals won't agree well at all.
Giving up a first, even if there is questionable cap attached, for a 34 year old goalie is also not great.

The Berggren deal I went on the higher side for the term. Sure he could sign a 2 year deal around $1.4m or so, but since I expect him to outplay that contract, he’d likely command double or triple on his next contract. The 3 year deal at a higher AAV gives us leverage in that 2nd or 3rd year to not only have a cheap quality player but also a value trade chip.

I’m not trading a 1st round pick for Markstrom; I am trading a 1st round pick for a 50% retained Markstrom whilst dumping Chiarot & Husso’s contracts. Not to mention the 1st rounder came from Carolina in the Walman & Veleno deal. So ultimately if I can move Walman, Chiarot & Husso’s contracts at the expense of Joe Veleno and a couple 2nd round picks while solidifying our goaltending at a low dollar amount until Cossa is ready, I am doing that. Besides, what better veteran goaltender could we add than a guy who Cossa very naturally projects so similarly to.

Hakanpaa I love. There are a few players in this league who are overlooked and are quite simply “role” players and they fit them to a tee and I am very endeared to those types of players; Garnet Hathaway is one of those guys and Hakanpaa is another. What you see is what you get with him and he does what he’s asked to do, a big body, physical and I think he’d be perfect next to Edvinsson. He deserves every penny of that deal at a measly $2.5m.

The Skjei deal, admittedly wasn’t my favorite option. I think he is a fine player and next to Seider he’s a legitimate top pair defenseman. My preference/goal would be to somehow pry away Jonas Brodin from Minnesota albeit probably unrealistic. I flirted with the idea of packaging Wallinder & the 15oa pick for him but decided to keep as many assets in our back pockets to potentially make a big move at the deadline or the following season and elected to go the FA route.
7 juin à 2 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
Rejoint: nov. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,427
Quoting: Swedish_Mafia
I just don’t buy the “winning culture” narrative as much as most. I think it can help on the edges, but teams with the most talent get labeled with good culture because they win. The wings haven’t made the playoffs since 2016, any winning culture is long gone. Finishing 4th from the bottom or 12th from the bottom isn’t impacting it either way.

When I say they pulled the plug early it is because it was clear that they hadn’t yet acquired enough elite talent at the top of the draft to compete at a truly elite level. Seider and Raymond are great players, and Kasper, Cossa, Edvinsson look like they’ll play meaningful NHL hockey, but they needed a true 1C. They would have been far better served biting the bullet on one more year of serious pain and bringing in a Fantilli, for example.

They went the other way and brought in a number of mid-tier free agents that weren’t going to get you to the playoffs, but were also going to keep you from the truly elite level prospect they needed. In my opinion it was a mistake then, and I still think it was. Currently, they look like a team headed for the mushy middle without some creative maneuvering to acquire the type of talent they will need.

Bro we need to stop saying the same exact things, people are gonna think we’re the same person using burner accounts. 😂 I agree with every single word you have said.
7 juin à 6 h 31
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 2,269
For what feels like the millionth time: not sure Hawks would have any interest in Fabbri but they certainly wouldn’t pay anything for him.
PaulKorea et Bedsy_Burner a aimé ceci.
7 juin à 7 h 29
Mentions "j'aime": 107
Quoting: IDKtbh
Bro we need to stop saying the same exact things, people are gonna think we’re the same person using burner accounts. 😂 I agree with every single word you have said.

😂 I realize I (we?) am in the minority on those opinions. But, I do feel they missed an amazing opportunity to do the rebuild the right way. Yzerman had as much rope as any GM in the league to hang out at the bottom until you built a young core that could be dominant for a decade.

They finally got to a special draft class with 3 centers sitting at the top and they accelerated when they should have braked. It is what it is now, there’s more than one way to build a championship team. But it’s going to take some very shrewd maneuvering in the trade market and in free agency. We’ll see what he does.
IDKtbh a aimé ceci.
7 juin à 8 h 30
uWu Garak
Mentions "j'aime": 1,118
CHI is not paying for Fabbri.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage