Forums/Armchair-GM

Matthews and Marner payday

Créé par: allendeunico
Équipe: 2019-20 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 28 juill. 2017
Publié: 30 juill. 2017
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This is third post analysis after "camp roster" and "Nylander payday". I carry over bonuses from previous season to this one.
And here we are with the hard truth, taking into account IF resign Nylander and Marner requires 8M contracts and Matthews gets 12M, Brown is resign long term on aprox 3.5-4M range, and the cap stays flat, then my conclusion is;
All JVR/Bozak/Komarov will be gone next summer unless someone takes 1yr high $ contract which i doubt.
M.Martin will not end his contract with Leafs, cap hit is 2.5M but salary last year is only 750K so someone like ARI as an example could be target to deal him for cap space.Maybe Rychel can supply grit (last season had 118PIM Marlies, has to be due to droping gloves) even not heavy weight like Martin and maybe even produce more.
Marleau's contract on his last year means he could also very well be gone (salary last year only 1.25M) if you find someone to take his cap and he accepts waive NMTC, but even if gone still not enough cap for Gardiner, and Carrick, so actual D prospects better be ready by 2019 to perform.
Regarding Brown it would be better to sign a 3 yr deal with lower cap hit to try have more $ available on 19-20.
The leafs have found that they had a better team than expected and we have a 2 year window to try go deep in playoffs, 19-20 should be a regression year due to cap constraints, but after that and if prospect pool keep supplying decent players 2020 should be picking up again, but many faces around Matthews, Nylander, Marner will have changed.
And as painful as it could be, no long term signings of player like Tavares, and or expensive D-man wihout touching core group, club has to develop from within.
GO LEAFS GO
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
812 000 000 $
78 000 000 $
88 000 000 $
33 800 000 $
11 500 000 $
2850 000 $
1800 000 $
1700 000 $
1750 000 $
1700 000 $
1700 000 $
1700 000 $
1700 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
BONUS 18-19, CARRYOVER
14 950 000 $
Middleton, Keaton
2700 000 $
Bobylev, Vladimir
2700 000 $
Walker, Jack
2700 000 $
Mattinen, Nicolas
2700 000 $
Scott, Ian
3700 000 $
Gordeev, Fedor
3700 000 $
Mcgregor, Ryan
3700 000 $
Dzierkals, Martins
3700 000 $
Lindgren, Jesper
3700 000 $
Transactions
TOR
    FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
    Rachats de contrats
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2377 000 000 $69 724 166 $0 $582 500 $7 275 834 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    700 000 $700 000 $
    AG, C
    UFA - 1
    12 000 000 $12 000 000 $
    C
    UFA - 5
    8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 6
    700 000 $700 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 5
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 3
    2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
    AD, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    700 000 $700 000 $
    AG
    UFA
    700 000 $700 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    700 000 $700 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 4
    BONUS 18-19, CARRYOVER
    4 950 000 $4 950 000 $
    700 000 $700 000 $
    AD
    UFA
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 3
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    863 333 $863 333 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
    DD
    RFA - 3
    850 000 $850 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    697 500 $697 500 $ (Bonis de performance182 500 $$182K)
    DG
    UFA - 1
    800 000 $800 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 2
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
    AD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    30 juill. 2017 à 23 h 42
    Rejoint: mai 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 80
    Modifié 31 juill. 2017 à 0 h 9
    Marner and Nylander are far from proven as 8mil players. If they have similar seasons, the standard for a potential elite player leaving their entry level contract is 6 years with 6 mil. They wouldn't get 2 million over that unless they outperform Tarasenko and Backstrom, or put up numbers similar to Crosby who is sitting at 8.7million. Realistically they can look at comparables like Gaudreau and Skinner who get paid in the 5.6-7m range and that is exactly what they deserve on a bridge deal. nothing more, nothing less.

Matthews does not deserve and will not get 12m unless he puts up 100 Points and challenges McDavid for the scoring title.

Remember, when leaving an ELC the team holds the power, not the player.
    31 juill. 2017 à 0 h 17
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: mars 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 3
    Quoting: CameronLeafs
    Marner and Nylander are far from proven as 8mil players. If they have similar seasons, the standard for a potential elite player leaving their entry level contract is 6 years with 6 mil. They wouldn't get 2 million over that unless they outperform Tarasenko and Backstrom, or put up numbers similar to Crosby who is sitting at 8.7million. Realistically they can look at comparables like Gaudreau and Skinner who get paid in the 5.6-7m range and that is exactly what they deserve on a bridge deal. nothing more, nothing less.

Matthews does not deserve and will not get 12m unless he puts up 100 Points and challenges McDavid for the scoring title.

But you have to think these Generational players for the leafs don't come often, if they sign 6yrs then will be UFA and could walk away, if you sign them 8year you lock them up for their prime which seems to be the trend now on NHL. I also think and hope they will take less money and/or cap rises more, I did this analysis with hard cap and high asking $ to see what the situation would be.
    When I say generational players I dont mean Nylander/Marner/Matthews are same or better then other players, I mean we have them all 3 on the same team and without even one of them Leafs roster wouldn't be as good, and Leafs have to take advantage of actual skill pool available compare to what we had last decade.
    31 juill. 2017 à 8 h 7
    Rejoint: juin 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 144
    Allen: You have done some great work with the 3 year analysis, and your analysis given teams status quo is sound! Of course, it will never be left as is, and all of the above contract numbers are open to interpretation and debate! I do think that the team must have some sort of agreement with Marleau in the final year of his contract even if not in writing thus helping the cap! I know you have applied what you believe to be the "new standard" to our core players coming out of ELC, and you refer to the old standard of 6 x $6M? While I agree that this was the norrm since Edmonton rolled it out. . . . look at what this management team was able to do originally on the Gardiner contract and then just last year in resigning Kadri, and Morgan Reilly!
    31 juill. 2017 à 8 h 34
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Rejoint: juill. 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 23,118
    Leafs better when the Cup in 2020, cause there is absolutely no money left to resign I believe 12 new contracts the following. Your really think cheaping out and having Rychel, Leivo. Rosen on the team is good for team success.?
    31 juill. 2017 à 10 h 4
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Doug7004
    Allen: You have done some great work with the 3 year analysis, and your analysis given teams status quo is sound! Of course, it will never be left as is, and all of the above contract numbers are open to interpretation and debate! I do think that the team must have some sort of agreement with Marleau in the final year of his contract even if not in writing thus helping the cap! I know you have applied what you believe to be the "new standard" to our core players coming out of ELC, and you refer to the old standard of 6 x $6M? While I agree that this was the norrm since Edmonton rolled it out. . . . look at what this management team was able to do originally on the Gardiner contract and then just last year in resigning Kadri, and Morgan Reilly!

thank you Doug, and also Zaitsevs contract, there is always a risk on long term contracts but all those could end up to be steals....at first bridge deals looked as the way to go but now with players maturing so early, it might be better to lock them up on the first contract. Nylander still has another season, could happen the sophomore bug etc, but with the coach and management putting so much attention to detail with this guys, just the rookie season we had was out of ordinary even them were surprised. I don't see it happen, look at Nylander and Marner at the worlds....
    If they are all 3 signed bridge deals won't be able to afford them all 3 next contract, so 8 year seems better on the long run at least for 2 of the players. Look Chicago, Toews and Kane after bridge deal now sign forever and entering their 30's, the good thing they already won the cups, but now each year the price to keep them will be higher and harder to swallow, and Seabrook and Keith....
    Signing Matthews/Nylander/Marner 8yr ensure to keep them all for their prime and UFA before they are 30, if TOR has a cup by year 6 of these guys can even explore to trade one of them for high return in prospects/picks to keep developing from within.
    Anyway this is all blabla, I can't wait for the season to start and see how things unfold.
    31 juill. 2017 à 10 h 16
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: palhal
    Leafs better when the Cup in 2020, cause there is absolutely no money left to resign I believe 12 new contracts the following. Your really think cheaping out and having Rychel, Leivo. Rosen on the team is good for team success.?

palhal I really think you don't read explanations above the rosters.....I did this 3 year rosters with a clear purpose; IF there is flat cap and all of Mathews/Nylander/Marner require high range contracts what would the situation be. If you see I didn't even bother to think trades, just use actual depth from within and signed everybody 700K cause there is no money to fill a roster otherwise, so my conclusion was that this was the case we are f**** in 2019-20 unless Marleau and Martin contracts are dealt, but even so and if cap rises more and the 3 don;t take as much money will still be hard to keep Gardiner, Carrick i think will be gone also....so I don't see how Leafs can sign Tavares, JVR and Doughty like so many posts I see without giving away the core group (Kadri/Reilly/the big 3 and Andersen which are the spine of team) and you have to add Hyman and Brown as it seems they are looked as part of long term.
    31 juill. 2017 à 12 h 52
    Rejoint: juill. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 11
    I think the contracts for the 3 are very realistic.

Matthews: Although he's not on McDavid's level he is as valuable to the Leafs as Connor is to the Oilers and the Matthews camp could argue that in the future he could possibly win the Rocket and maybe challenge for the Hart. So 12 million is very realistic, if Matthews wants 12 million the leafs have no choice to give him that kind of money its been a while since the leafs have had a player the calibre of Matthews.

Nylander, Marner: If Draisaitl gets 8-9 million, Nylander and Marner's camp could argue that although they aren't quite as good as Leon they still are elite players so 8 million does seem realistic....

Personal Take: Although it seems like a lot of money for young players thats the way the league is transitioning into but I ultimately believe that at the end of the day the Leafs will move either Nylander or Marner to free up some cap space.
    31 juill. 2017 à 13 h 8
    Rejoint: mai 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 80
    Quoting: allendeunico
    Quoting: CameronLeafs

But you have to think these Generational players for the leafs don't come often, if they sign 6yrs then will be UFA and could walk away, if you sign them 8year you lock them up for their prime which seems to be the trend now on NHL. I also think and hope they will take less money and/or cap rises more, I did this analysis with hard cap and high asking $ to see what the situation would be.
    When I say generational players I dont mean Nylander/Marner/Matthews are same or better then other players, I mean we have them all 3 on the same team and without even one of them Leafs roster wouldn't be as good, and Leafs have to take advantage of actual skill pool available compare to what we had last decade.

I agree and I see how the 3 will likely be asking for the amount listed, but giving them all nearly 2m more than arbitration would give them is foolish for trying to build a cup contender. I think Matthews contract is the most realistic as the leafs will lock him up for a long time and pay him more than enough. I think Nylander and Marner are both really good, but they have no comparable players making $8m+ a year coming out of their ELC. I just don't see how the leafs hold the power in negotiations and let 2 players take an extra 4m a year off of them.

Paying them 6mil vs 8mil isn't a huge deal in the bigger picture, likely I see them getting a 6.5-7m deal for 6-7 years and then getting 8.5-9 after that. I just feel like $8million is at least $1million too much.

But I would like to say I love how you put this all together you did a really good job!
    31 juill. 2017 à 15 h 11
    Leafs Fan
    Rejoint: juin 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 24
    Modifié 31 juill. 2017 à 16 h 13
    This looks pretty realistic, although I'm *hoping* Leafs can sign the Big 3 and Brown each for .5-1M less than shown here. I do like how you slotted players on the right wing.
    Shame we had to lose Jake Gardiner but it would be hard to re-sign him given the cap.
    I'm not sure if Borgman has played the right side before, I do know Calle Rosen has.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage