SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

If the Ducks Move On from Zegras

Équipe: 2024-25 Ducks d'Anaheim
Date de création initiale: 24 avr. 2024
Publié: 24 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
What Ducks fans may want for Zegras??? I understand most do not want to trade him. I would not trade him either. (The point of this Armchair GM - is to compliment the one I made earlier today. What the Habs might be willing to offer. Versus what is offered below, which probably still doesn't make Duck fans happy)
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
1805 000 $
2866 677 $
3828 333 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 100 000 $
21 450 000 $
12 180 000 $
21 520 000 $
1950 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
66 105 000 $
65 250 000 $
39 850 000 $
Transactions
ANA
  1. Anderson, Josh (2 750 000 $ retained)
  2. Barron, Justin [Droits de RFA]
  3. Beck, Owen
  4. Mesar, Filip
  5. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (CGY)
Détails additionnels:
2025 1st round pick is Top 10 Protected
(Becomes Montreal Unprotected 1st in 2026)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de ANA
Logo de EDM
Logo de ANA
Logo de BOS
Logo de ANA
Logo de PIT
Logo de SJS
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de CGY
Logo de ANA
Logo de TOR
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de EDM
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2386 500 000 $76 465 000 $0 $7 520 000 $10 035 000 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
9 850 000 $9 850 000 $
AG, C
UFA
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 250 000 $$3M)
C
RFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
3 650 000 $3 650 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C, AG
RFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 6
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance950 000 $$950K)
AG, C
RFA - 2
6 105 000 $6 105 000 $
C, AG
UFA
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 3
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 180 000 $2 180 000 $
C, AG
RFA
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 520 000 $1 520 000 $
AD
RFA
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
885 000 $885 000 $ (Bonis de performance20 000 $$20K)
C
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
DD
UFA
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 400 000 $6 400 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DG/DD
RFA
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
812 500 $812 500 $
G
RFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
918 333 $918 333 $ (Bonis de performance800 000 $$800K)
DG
RFA - 2
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DD
RFA
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
950 000 $950 000 $
DG/DD
RFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
24 avr. à 6 h 58
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,375
4 1sts (Beck picked at 33) and retaining 2.75M for 3 years aint it for Montreal. No team can offer that kind of package and no one will for Zegras. Not even Eichel got this kind of price.

You're looking at a team like Chicago offering a pick in the teens and a good prospect or two. Any Zegras trade means that Verbeek is trying to deal him and they'll take a loss on the player, regardless.
habs_trade_churner_50 a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 7 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 22
Quoting: Andy_Dick
4 1sts (Beck picked at 33) and retaining 2.75M for 3 years aint it for Montreal. No team can offer that kind of package and no one will for Zegras. Not even Eichel got this kind of price.

You're looking at a team like Chicago offering a pick in the teens and a good prospect or two. Any Zegras trade means that Verbeek is trying to deal him and they'll take a loss on the player, regardless.

I understand. I am trying to understand the middle ground for what Ducks fan are willing to obtain for Zegras, and what a Habs fan might be willing to give up. (I originally offered Winnipeg 1st, Josh Anderson (retained 2.65m), Justin Barron and Sean Farrell, people were unhappy with that, to say the least)

As a die-hard Habs fan, I would no way in my right mind, do this.
24 avr. à 7 h 6
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,537
Zegras don't have that value.
24 avr. à 7 h 11
Banni
Quoting: habs_trade_churner_50
I understand. I am trying to understand the middle ground for what Ducks fan are willing to obtain for Zegras, and what a Habs fan might be willing to give up. (I originally offered Winnipeg 1st, Josh Anderson (retained 2.65m), Justin Barron and Sean Farrell, people were unhappy with that, to say the least)

I understand but this isnt playstation.

Teams value certain qualities in players and the intangibles matter. You need certain type of players, especially a Beck. Just look at the playoffs right now and how teams like Leafs struggle with their 'big 4'

Beck is more important to this team than you realize and management isnt trading him. Hughes and co liked him so much so that they choose him 1st before Hutson and from everything we heard they only did that tactically because they knew everyone else was passing on Lane at the draft.

I cant grasp why so many Habs fans think Owen Beck could be traded. This started with the PLD rumours and I said over and over that I wouldnt trade Beck SU for PLD. I think we know how that turned out. Rob Blake would have to take a contract dump to take on that PLD deal at 7 more years.

Would you trade Danault and 3 1sts for Zegras...?... because that's what this can trade can look like, in the end.
The Habs wont do anything close to this and neither will any other team.
Ducks fans can whine and moan all they want about their 'winging..errr winning core' but any Zegras deal means that they choose to lose him and they'll pay for that decision and zero patience.
24 avr. à 7 h 23
Démarrer sujet
I agree Beck is untouchable. Mesar is not (although I don't think moving on from him is good at all). Mesar and Farrell are similar. Farrell is Mesar Lite imo. (The point of this Arm-Chair GM was to try and find a middle ground between what Ducks want and what the Habs are willing to give, even though it seems to very unlikely. The ask is way too far off from the offer. )

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/826029?post_id=4846356. (This is the other one I made earlier today)
24 avr. à 7 h 40
Banni
I agree Beck is untouchable. Mesar is not (although I don't think moving on from him is good at all). Mesar and Farrell are similar. Farrell is Mesar Lite imo. (The point of this Arm-Chair GM was to try and find a middle ground between what Ducks want and what the Habs are willing to give, even though it seems to very unlikely. The ask is way too far off from the offer. )

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/826029?post_id=4846356. (This is the other one I made earlier today)

Hughes is quoted as saying that they didnt need to draft Shane Wright because they were always targeting Beck. I mean...that says, everything!

You'll never find a middle ground btw because the Ducks org is a mess with many different philosophies and the Ducks fans don't share Verbeek's vision from what I've seen here, there is a giant disconnect from reality.

You try to please everyone and you please no one. Dont try because most Habs fans will just rip any trade involving Zegras apart if it even comes close to 'pleasing' Ducks fans.
Secondly, most trades please no one and are a compromise. Most Ducks fans want guaranteed here with Slafkovky or Reinbacher plus plus.
24 avr. à 7 h 48
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,946

I think Ducks fans would be unhappy with any return tbh. No one wants to see Zegras traded, the Ducks are so much better with him on the ice as we've seen at the end of the season, even though the points didn't show it before these last 10 games or so. Although it's important to note that he was still battling the effects of an injury before he came back towards the end of the season. I just don't see there being a deal that fans of either team would like. On paper this is more than Zegras is worth but he's such an important part of the Ducks' roster and the returning pieces are probably once again pushing the timeline back. Anaheim wants to get out of the rebuild, this would probably extend it by a decent bit. I'm not saying this is an unfair deal towards the Ducks but the fans would probably be unhappy with any deal.
Andy_Dick, habs_trade_churner_50, GeneralLandro and 2 others a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 7 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: TZ11
I think Ducks fans would be unhappy with any return tbh. No one wants to see Zegras traded, the Ducks are so much better with him on the ice as we've seen at the end of the season, even though the points didn't show it before these last 10 games or so. Although it's important to note that he was still battling the effects of an injury before he came back towards the end of the season. I just don't see there being a deal that fans of either team would like. On paper this is more than Zegras is worth but he's such an important part of the Ducks' roster and the returning pieces are probably once again pushing the timeline back. Anaheim wants to get out of the rebuild, this would probably extend it by a decent bit. I'm not saying this is an unfair deal towards the Ducks but the fans would probably be unhappy with any deal.

Thank you for your honest responses. Both Andy_Dick & TZ11. Appreciate the candidness and the intellectual stimulation. (Many emotion-driven fans on this site, which isn't bad lol, but really glad to see two very logically argued reasonings to understand what's going on both sides.) Thank you.
GeneralLandro, Andy_Dick et TZ11 a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 7 h 59
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 11,951
Quoting: TZ11

Same injury that kept Logan Couture out basically all season!

I do agree we certainly don’t want to see Z gone but he does also make us better when he is on the ice like you said. When he is behind the goal line, you can sometimes see at least 3 heads turn to him to try and see what he isn’t doing since he can create plays in so many ways
habs_trade_churner_50, aedoran, OldNYIfan and 2 others a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 8 h 0
Banni
Thank you for your honest responses. Both Andy_Dick & TZ11. Appreciate the candidness and the intellectual stimulation. (Many emotion-driven fans on this site, which isn't bad lol, but really glad to see two very logically argued reasonings to understand what's going on both sides.) Thank you.

Look at any thread in the trade forum. The 1st page of responses are usually emotional and incorrect. Par for the course. The easiest thing here is to be dismissive and tribal in anonymity so you can feel tall and part of a group.
It's always going to be a cesspool when you deal with fandom especially these days with a lack of community and entertainment in Hollyweird being awful. People want an escape in sports.

Fan does actually stand for fanatic
24 avr. à 8 h 10
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 12,062
Quoting: athrin
Zegras don't have that value.

Yeah but since he not a UFA for 4 more years his auctual value doesn't matter, because his value Anaheim says it is. But waiting until he's a UFA might be the smart move it will right around the time Montreal is coming out of their rebuild.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 9 h 28
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,389
The Ducks aren't "moving on" from Trevor Zegras any more than the Habs are "moving on" from Cole Caufield.
aedoran et GiggywithGibby a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 9 h 32
Subbanator
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,402
Quoting: OldNYIfan
The Ducks aren't "moving on" from Trevor Zegras any more than the Habs are "moving on" from Cole Caufield.

I don't remember the Habs having trouble signing Caufield to a long term contract and him holding out. I don't think Anaheim wants to move on from Zegras but I also don't think he's a Verbeek type player and that's evident from how far apart they were in contract discussions.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 9 h 45
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Subbanator7667
I don't remember the Habs having trouble signing Caufield to a long term contract and him holding out. I don't think Anaheim wants to move on from Zegras but I also don't think he's a Verbeek type player and that's evident from how far apart they were in contract discussions.

Pat Verbeek didn't "have trouble signing" Zegras to a long-term contract; he didn't offer him one.
24 avr. à 9 h 50
Subbanator
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,402
Pat Verbeek didn't "have trouble signing" Zegras to a long-term contract; he didn't offer him one.

Then why use Caufield as a comparison when there's that major difference in organizations opinion of their player? Lol

This is why everyone is speculating a Zegras trade, him and management are on shaky grounds.
24 avr. à 9 h 54
Sennecke is a gem
Rejoint: sept. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,307
Imo, middle ground for Zegras would be a pick 8 to 10 OA this draft. So if we trade for one of those picks and flip it for Z, we’re looking at good middle ground, imo
24 avr. à 9 h 57
Démarrer sujet

If the Habs were moving on from Caufield, not that they are, what would you offer for him? (You cannot add Zegras to this mock trade)
What I would like to understand is what you consider a fair package, in terms of value. (eg. Josh Anderson, a power forward, with 50% retained, has value, how much can be debated, but this in my eyes is not a cap dump like some are claiming.)
24 avr. à 10 h 4
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,437
Nobody but Gretzky is worth 3x1st+. Certainly not Zegras.
Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 10 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: jpsnow13

Just maybe, Connor McDavid
24 avr. à 10 h 8
Banni

Dont let facts interfere with Ducks fans and their logical fallacies, its all they have when they hear Zegras name.

If the Habs were moving on from Caufield, not that they are, what would you offer for him? (You cannot add Zegras to this mock trade)
What I would like to understand is what you consider a fair package, in terms of value. (eg. Josh Anderson, a power forward, with 50% retained, has value, how much can be debated, but this in my eyes is not a cap dump like some are claiming.)

They already said Reinbacher or Slafkovsky plus. It's laughable. You probably wont get an answer because there are too many logical ppl in this thread. But the mask comes off when you push them. All their miserable seasons do is make them think they 'deserve' some kind of package for their emotional investment in Zegras. And they act like nobody knows his talent when hes on the cover of video games lmao
24 avr. à 10 h 11
Once a Kings Fan Too
Then why use Caufield as a comparison when there's that major difference in organizations opinion of their player? Lol

This is why everyone is speculating a Zegras trade, him and management are on shaky grounds.

What an absurdedly fatuous statement. On-ice value is what determines whether two players are comparable, not how intelligent their respective front offices are. "LOL" indeed.
GeneralLandro et GiggywithGibby a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 10 h 13
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: jpsnow13

The fact that you see three firsts here, and the fact that you think all firsts are the same, are emblematic of the myopia that afflicts many Habs fans.
GeneralLandro et GiggywithGibby a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 10 h 16
Once a Kings Fan Too

Pavel Mintyukov.
24 avr. à 10 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 24 avr. à 10 h 31
The fact that you see three firsts here, and the fact that you think all firsts are the same, are emblematic of the myopia that afflicts many Habs fans.

Calgary 1st in 2025 (is a 1st)
Justin Barron (2020 1st, Pick 25)
Filip Mesar (2022 1st, Pick 26)
Owen Beck (2022 2nd, Pick 33) = Almost a 1st

I am not saying Anaheim wants to trade Zegras. But that is 3 firsts and more. And no 3 1st rounders have the same value. We understand that.

In reference:
Jack Eichel to Vegas:
16th overall, 17th overall, and 18th overall pick coming back to Buffalo.

What would you like from Chicago for Zegras?
Andy_Dick et jpsnow13 a aimé ceci.
24 avr. à 10 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Pavel Mintyukov.

I understand we are in hypotheticals so... do you believe Pavel Mintyukov and Zegras have the same value. (eg.you would trade the 10th overall pick in this years draft for either player)?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage