Forums/Armchair-GM

Avs Devs

Créé par: Anus_McLeod
Équipe: 2024-25 Avalanche du Colorado
Date de création initiale: 16 avr. 2024
Publié: 16 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Saw a Colton for Holtz trade from a Devils fan. I'm all for it on Colorado's side. I like Colton, but someone needs to go for cap space, and I think Colton is a candidate.

Added in Marino for Manson thinking that the Devils have their puck movers and get tougher, while the Avs get a replacement for Byram and then add some size via Kovacevic. Colorado adds imo, but I'm not sure what or if adding even does anything. Maybe this is a non-starter. Putting out a feeler, so please let me know.

Bottom six C is a question mark on the Avs side, but I still kinda love it for Colorado. The top nine looks great, and the defense looks good as well. Just need Fourgiev to return to what he was last season and/or Annunen needs to take the next step.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3950 000 $
2950 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
45 750 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
42 850 000 $
Transactions
NJD
  1. Colton, Ross
  2. Manson, Josh
Détails additionnels:
What can we add to get this done? Or is it just off the table?
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de ANA
Logo de SEA
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de NSH
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de PHI
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2287 700 000 $87 667 084 $0 $907 500 $32 916 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
2 850 000 $2 850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA
12 600 000 $12 600 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 7
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
AG, C
RFA
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 5
950 000 $950 000 $
C
RFA
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
896 250 $896 250 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
AD
RFA - 1
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
G
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
837 500 $837 500 $
G
RFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $
DG
RFA - 3
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
766 667 $766 667 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
847 500 $847 500 $
C
RFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
DD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
16 avr. à 12 h 9
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
It's an interesting idea.

But, as a fan of neither team, here are my thoughts:

1. The Avs move cap space

2. The Avs get younger

3. Arguably, the Avs with Holtz do get the best offensive player - albeit that has yet to be proven.

4. With Colton, the Devils do add a more physical element. Same with Manson.

5. With Colton, the Devils do add more flexibility in the middle 6 (specifically with Haula and Colton).

So, where one could see the possibility of this working for both sides; I would say that this current construct is far more beneficial to the Avs.

Therefore...... something I think maybe missing. Perhaps a conditional pick? It really is the Holtz factor. If he realizes his potential, this is a slam dunk of a home run deal.for the Avs..... and I don't see Fitzgerald allowing that to happen. What this is, is a good ole fashioned hockey deal in the making which adds elements to both line ups..... but the Avs are simply missing something in that package for me.
16 avr. à 12 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,444
Quoting: swinny
It's an interesting idea.

But, as a fan of neither team, here are my thoughts:

1. The Avs move cap space

2. The Avs get younger

3. Arguably, the Avs with Holtz do get the best offensive player - albeit that has yet to be proven.

4. With Colton, the Devils do add a more physical element. Same with Manson.

5. With Colton, the Devils do add more flexibility in the middle 6 (specifically with Haula and Colton).

So, where one could see the possibility of this working for both sides; I would say that this current construct is far more beneficial to the Avs.

Therefore...... something I think maybe missing. Perhaps a conditional pick? It really is the Holtz factor. If he realizes his potential, this is a slam dunk of a home run deal.for the Avs..... and I don't see Fitzgerald allowing that to happen. What this is, is a good ole fashioned hockey deal in the making which adds elements to both line ups..... but the Avs are simply missing something in that package for me.

Well laid out comment. I agree with pretty much everything here, including that Colorado adds.

I also really like the suggestion of a conditional pick. Something based on whether Holtz pops makes sense. Would need to think more about what that might look like, but the logic is sound.
HockeyManiac95, swinny et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
16 avr. à 12 h 29
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 103
So from an NJ Standpoint, I'm fine with the shakeup of getting rid of Marino since we have too many RHD's and I do love Colton's play but I definitely value Marino higher. He's a legit top 4 shutdown dman who can provide a little offense here and there. Marino also goes through random stretches where he's dominant but not consistently enough to be considered a game breaker. Colton on the other hand is a 3rd line guy who provides grit with a pinch of offense. NJ doesn't really have a use for Manson since they're so deep at RHD and are really only seeking a shutdown LD that fits in the top 4 and I'd move Siegenthaler for that but it has to be a longterm viable replacement option or I'd just run with Siegenthaler again and hope his issues last year were just some mild struggles amidst the bigger team issues. That being said, Colorado adds if its just the Marino for Colton and I don't think Holtz is on the table unless its a top 6 version of Colton or a Legit 1A to elite goaltender. NJ would add it it was either of those.
Anus_McLeod a aimé ceci.
16 avr. à 12 h 30
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,161
Feels to me like the avs would have to add significantly, especially because of their cap crunch.

I like Colton but NJD shouldn’t be paying more than Colorado paid, which was a 2nd.

And I don’t think I’d want to get older in a Marino for Manson swap.

Imo at minimum a 1st would have to come back to NJD for us to accept, but I’d rather just offer a 2nd+4th for Colton and keep it simple
16 avr. à 12 h 36
and proud of it
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,605
Not bad. I personally prefer to keep Manson but hey Marino would be a fine replacement. Yes, Colorado definitely adds at least a 3rd or so. I do have a couple grievances against this lineup tho. For one, I don't think Drouin touches that deal...at least not the term. Maybe he does a bridge deal with that but no way he does that money for 4 years. Secondly, you're assuming a lot goes well with Ritchie taking 3C right away, and idk about Kovalenko at center. Am open to trying him there tho
16 avr. à 12 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: YeahDudeitsChris
So from an NJ Standpoint, I'm fine with the shakeup of getting rid of Marino since we have too many RHD's and I do love Colton's play but I definitely value Marino higher. He's a legit top 4 shutdown dman who can provide a little offense here and there. Marino also goes through random stretches where he's dominant but not consistently enough to be considered a game breaker. Colton on the other hand is a 3rd line guy who provides grit with a pinch of offense. NJ doesn't really have a use for Manson since they're so deep at RHD and are really only seeking a shutdown LD that fits in the top 4 and I'd move Siegenthaler for that but it has to be a longterm viable replacement option or I'd just run with Siegenthaler again and hope his issues last year were just some mild struggles amidst the bigger team issues. That being said, Colorado adds if its just the Marino for Colton and I don't think Holtz is on the table unless its a top 6 version of Colton or a Legit 1A to elite goaltender. NJ would add it it was either of those.

Yeah I can see holding onto Holtz for a larger deal. I made a Devils ACGM (not published), and I like the looks of it. Looks very balanced and there is the added benefit of having Manson's deal off the books when Nemec gets his raise. But I get your point.

Quoting: dgibb10
Feels to me like the avs would have to add significantly, especially because of their cap crunch.

I like Colton but NJD shouldn’t be paying more than Colorado paid, which was a 2nd.

And I don’t think I’d want to get older in a Marino for Manson swap.

Imo at minimum a 1st would have to come back to NJD for us to accept, but I’d rather just offer a 2nd+4th for Colton and keep it simple

What do you think Holtz is worth at this point? He obviously has potential, but there is quite a bit of risk there too. I am having a tough time valuing him with those factors.

I could maybe add a 1st, but it would have to be conditional on Holtz popping. Not sure what the conditions would be for that, but it's too risky to add a first if there wasn't some downgrade in the pick if he doesn't start to produce.
dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
16 avr. à 13 h 13
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,417
I’d just keep it simple…Colton for Holtz. Maybe a pick swap added if anything.
Anus_McLeod a aimé ceci.
16 avr. à 13 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: NHLfan10506
I’d just keep it simple…Colton for Holtz. Maybe a pick swap added if anything.

Deal. But can we also do another simple one with Manson for Marino with a pick swap or something, lol.smirk
16 avr. à 13 h 42
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,417
Quoting: Anus_McLeod
Deal. But can we also do another simple one with Manson for Marino with a pick swap or something, lol.smirk

Stick with bird-in-hand
dgibb10 et Anus_McLeod a aimé ceci.
16 avr. à 16 h 19
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,161
Quoting: Anus_McLeod
Yeah I can see holding onto Holtz for a larger deal. I made a Devils ACGM (not published), and I like the looks of it. Looks very balanced and there is the added benefit of having Manson's deal off the books when Nemec gets his raise. But I get your point.

What do you think Holtz is worth at this point? He obviously has potential, but there is quite a bit of risk there too. I am having a tough time valuing him with those factors.

I could maybe add a 1st, but it would have to be conditional on Holtz popping. Not sure what the conditions would be for that, but it's too risky to add a first if there wasn't some downgrade in the pick if he doesn't start to produce.

I value Holtz equivalent to our 2025 1st+2025 2nd or so when throwing him into trades, but I wouldn't trade him for a package of picks.

In terms of NJD assets:

Mercer>2024 1st>Holtz>Marino>Casey>Siegs>2025 1st>Gritysuk>2nd>Bahl>3rd or something along those lines is how I value them.

Yeah fair enough. I expect NJD to give Holtz 1 more year unless a blowaway trade occurs with a team who values him significantly.

I very much like the idea of Colton, but feels like he would be a guy who I'd acquire with a pick, not a Holtz.
Anus_McLeod a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage