Forums/Armchair-GM

Probably their last year to have a chance to win anything

Créé par: LuckyMoneyPuck
Équipe: 2024-25 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 15 avr. 2024
Publié: 16 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
NYI buy out Lee. Penguins pick him up for a lower line role.
Gives them some size and physical play. He's like the one acceptation I'd take on an older player because they need someone who can get in the dirty areas who has size.

Gonna be blunt. If Poulin can't get it done at 3C...Broz is the guy. If you haven't watched him play you just don't know. He's like Guentzel. Johnny on the spot. Just knows where to be and how to get there. He's gonna be a keeper.
Season end to do list.

Fix the 3rd pairing...check.
Improve the bottom 6...check.
Make the future goalie switch...check
Find 1LW. .....
Lets be honest, there isn't a real 1LW out there for them. Jake isn't coming back on any contract that I would want to sign. Stamkos isn't coming to PIT. The best of what is left is really 2LW players. I have tried to go with Teräväinen that's my max offer on that. If that doesn't get him, let someone else.
The goal here to to fill it by committee. Any one of those players can play well. Doc, Bunting, Lee, and Yager. With 3 of them capable of being a pain in front of the net, which frankly they need.
There is cap left, but they need to resign, Crosby, Doc, Bahl and MP the next year.
So they can't spend it all. unless it's a 1 year deal.

This team is starting to show signs of real life in the prospect pool. Enough to help fill the roster out in the next 2 years. They shouldn't be shy about using it next year.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
2800 000 $
3800 000 $
3800 000 $
3950 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
2900 000 $
2900 000 $
2900 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
22 500 000 $
32 000 000 $
56 000 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Lee, Anders
12 000 000 $
Transactions
PIT
  1. Bahl, Kevin
Détails additionnels:
Pit get a bottom pairing LD they desperately need.
NJD
  1. Jarry, Tristan
Détails additionnels:
NJ needs a goalie. I know the old "we can find better in FA"
No you can't. Jarry has such bad defense in front of him to begin with I'm surprised he played as good as he has. He'll be much better with defensemen who actually help.
PIT
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (LAK)
LAK
  1. Smith, Reilly
Détails additionnels:
Arvidsson replacement.
PIT
  1. Hamara, Tomas
Détails additionnels:
OTT is deep on LD, losing a lower level prospect is nothing for them, he will never see NHL ice time there. They have too many better young LD.
OTT
  1. Acciari, Noel
Détails additionnels:
OTT gets a 4C for next year, cost them next to nothing.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PHI
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de NYR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de LAK
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de SJS
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2287 500 000 $78 646 842 $0 $140 000 $8 853 158 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
805 833 $805 833 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AD
RFA - 2
Lee, Anders
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
C
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
RFA
800 000 $800 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 3
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
G
UFA
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
886 667 $886 667 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
G
RFA - 2
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
UFA
900 000 $900 000 $
DD
RFA
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
16 avr. à 0 h 16
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,791
Isn't it strange that the Pens can trade 5.375m Jarry can be traded and the then sign the apparently just as good Nedeljkovic for 2.5m? Gotta think the Devils can find just as good goalie as Jarry on the UFA market cheaper than Jarry.
16 avr. à 0 h 24
Démarrer sujet
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 375
Quoting: palhal
Isn't it strange that the Pens can trade 5.375m Jarry can be traded and the then sign the apparently just as good Nedeljkovic for 2.5m? Gotta think the Devils can find just as good goalie as Jarry on the UFA market cheaper than Jarry.

you are under the impression that I think Ned is "just as good". I don't.
Nor did I sign him to be the starter. He's still the backup. Blom is the guy going forward.
He's just going to be worked slowly into it.

But hey, have your cake man.
16 avr. à 0 h 57
pens1991
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,090
I don't mind that 4th line, but I highly doubt the Isles buy him out, and if they do i'd imagine he'd look to sign for cheap with a contender.

Bunting will stay on the second line, too much chemistry there and a good fit with Geno.

Don't mind Teuvo with Sid either.. may be interesting.

Leaving a lot of money on the sideline however, and I don't think that goalie combo is it. Nor do I think they can go into the season with Poulin as 3C.
16 avr. à 1 h 4
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,387
We'd MUCH rather re-sign Viktor Arvidsson for three or four years than spend a modest asset to acquire Reilly Smith for one. Arvy will be cheaper, too.
Robinho3799 a aimé ceci.
16 avr. à 1 h 21
Démarrer sujet
SkateOrDie
Quoting: pens1991
I don't mind that 4th line, but I highly doubt the Isles buy him out, and if they do i'd imagine he'd look to sign for cheap with a contender.

Bunting will stay on the second line, too much chemistry there and a good fit with Geno.

Leaving a lot of money on the sideline however, and I don't think that goalie combo is it. Nor do I think they can go into the season with Poulin as 3C.

Quoting: pens1991

I saw on a list that Lee was pretty high up on a list of potential buyouts. I have no doubt he would like to join a contender, question is does a contender want him and at what price do they want to pay him to play on the 4th line.

I view the LW situation as fluid. They have to find a situation that works. I didn't want to leave that 3rd line without anyone who can be the guy to look to on the ice. It's basically 2 guys with no NHL experience and then the LW. At least to start the season, that line might need some leadership. If anything if they can find a 1 year deal on a 3RW maybe bring them in to help. But I don't know where we actually find that nor do I really want to keep blocking paths to younger players. We need to open paths up for these guys.

I agree on the goalie situation. Normally, I wouldn't trade Jarry here either.
But they need solutions on the LD already. OP is at least 1 year in the AHL before we see him. FA isn't really filled with good options. They need a guy who can stay home, clear the net, and PK to be the shut down pair on the 3rd pairing. We don't have that and it has shown all year. Fixing the 3rd pairing is the biggest issue on this team. Even ahead of the scoring. Fixing it will help the goalies big time.
If Blom doesn't work out there is always Murashov. But I don't have any reason to believe Blom can't get it down, he's clearly too good of a goalie to let sit in the AHL and they have never let 2 potential starters share time in the AHL. Be it Clang or Gustavsson or insert name of goalie prospect here, they have traded out quite a few over the years. They always move 1 guy out because there isn't enough net time for 2 and a mentor.
I really don't want to move Blom or Murashov in trade. Because I think they both have potential to be really good. So we have to make room for them.

As far as Poulin I like what I saw in his 8 games here. But I agree, and as I stated above, if he can't get it done, Broz is next in line. The only other real option is to keep Acciari, but I'd rather move him out and let the bottom 6 really open up with youth the year after this and open up paths. They got 3 guys to fill there. Pouline, Broz, and Ponomarev. Not to mention a place for Yager is he shows he's ready to jump. Someone has to step up. It's now or never.

They don't have a choice on the leaving money on the table. Again, as above, unless it's a 1 year deal it's not working for PIT. They have to resign too many players next yea who are going to get a raise. MP, Doc, Bahl, Sid most likely.

I don't know what else to say on that. They can't tie that much cap up on term which means FA is kind of hard to use it. If I were to spend on a 1 year deal I would be 3RW. But I don't want to bring in another old as dirt 33+ year old winger type. I'd rather play youth.
16 avr. à 1 h 37
Démarrer sujet
SkateOrDie
Quoting: OldNYIfan
We'd MUCH rather re-sign Viktor Arvidsson for three or four years than spend a modest asset to acquire Reilly Smith for one. Arvy will be cheaper, too.

I don't think they resign him. Depends what their cap space looks like.
In general the FA market for wingers is old old old.
Not that Smith is any younger, but he has no term and a lot of those old wingers are going to want term. The market next year is actually pretty weak.
So I'm pretty sure someone is going to take a flyer on Smith, it's just hard to say who. I think it's a fringe playoff team. One who can't fix their issues in the draft and is not happy with the FA options.
Push comes to show PIT probably retains on that contract. As it's only 1 year. But I'm still not sold they need to in order for a team to trade for him. Mainly due to the weak market.

Either way, the ask of a 3rd is like nothing for a middle 6 winger. I hardly think that's the reason a team doesn't make the deal.
It will either be a cap space issue, or just no place on the roster. Cap space issue I can see on LA. Space on the roster, he would fit in there.
16 avr. à 2 h 49
Rejoint: janv. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 41
Quoting: OldNYIfan

Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
I don't think they resign him. Depends what their cap space looks like.
In general the FA market for wingers is old old old.
Not that Smith is any younger, but he has no term and a lot of those old wingers are going to want term. The market next year is actually pretty weak.
So I'm pretty sure someone is going to take a flyer on Smith, it's just hard to say who. I think it's a fringe playoff team. One who can't fix their issues in the draft and is not happy with the FA options.
Push comes to show PIT probably retains on that contract. As it's only 1 year. But I'm still not sold they need to in order for a team to trade for him. Mainly due to the weak market.

Either way, the ask of a 3rd is like nothing for a middle 6 winger. I hardly think that's the reason a team doesn't make the deal.
It will either be a cap space issue, or just no place on the roster. Cap space issue I can see on LA. Space on the roster, he would fit in there.

I also think the Kings better resign Arvidsson for 3-4 years, save some $ for the cap per year and their 2025 3rd round pick. Being healthy I see Arvidsson and Smith having an equal production. Arvidsson is famliar with the organization, recently said he appreciated all the support throughout the time being injured in LA, so it seems more likely to me that he is looking to stay in LA after that season. Smith is also two years older. I'm not against him but I'd prefer other options before
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
16 avr. à 3 h 12
Démarrer sujet
SkateOrDie
Quoting: Robinho3799
I also think the Kings better resign Arvidsson for 3-4 years, save some $ for the cap per year and their 2025 3rd round pick. Being healthy I see Arvidsson and Smith having an equal production. Arvidsson is famliar with the organization, recently said he appreciated all the support throughout the time being injured in LA, so it seems more likely to me that he is looking to stay in LA after that season. Smith is also two years older. I'm not against him but I'd prefer other options before

I think Arvidsson is going to get term and money. I'm not sure LA can or wants to do that.
My real question is what does the cap look like with 22 mil in space. After you pay Byfield, Roy if they keep him who I think is more important than Arvidsson ,Spence, and the find an actual starting goalie, because 37 year old Talbot and copley ain't it. While Portillo don't look bad in the AHL, you need a guy who can help make that transition year.
I'm not the biggest fan of Byfield but he's gonna cost at least 7-8 is my guess. Roy another 5 at least and Spence another 2-3. So you are at 14 there at a min. You add in a Goalie gonna cost 2-3.
Then you are adding in role players..
I think what LA is going to need is a cheap option. Smith can do that at the right price point with retention. Which is why I see him possibly ending up there.
16 avr. à 3 h 26
Rejoint: janv. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 41
I think Arvidsson is going to get term and money. I'm not sure LA can or wants to do that.
My real question is what does the cap look like with 22 mil in space. After you pay Byfield, Roy if they keep him who I think is more important than Arvidsson ,Spence, and the find an actual starting goalie, because 37 year old Talbot and copley ain't it. While Portillo don't look bad in the AHL, you need a guy who can help make that transition year.
I'm not the biggest fan of Byfield but he's gonna cost at least 7-8 is my guess. Roy another 5 at least and Spence another 2-3. So you are at 14 there at a min. You add in a Goalie gonna cost 2-3.
Then you are adding in role players..
I think what LA is going to need is a cheap option. Smith can do that at the right price point with retention. Which is why I see him possibly ending up there.

Really interested to see, whether he gets moved or not. Even though all odds have to be in favour of the Penguins, they can still get that last Wild Card Spot in the East. I would be happy for them to qualify.
I am not really sure, that other teams will be that aggressive on Arvidsson, because of his injuries last years. Kings (and Kings fans) are very familiar with that. I am pretty sure that they are going to agree on a deal and Arvy stays in LA. Amd as you said: the Kings have to resign Byfield for 7-8, Spence and a Goalie and I am not sure that they can resign Roy for around 5 (he will likely hit the market, because of the Cap situation). So, another 5 for a 33 year old Smith is probably just too much and probably not the right piece to add for the Kings right now. Lets discuss it once again, when we are certain where Smith is heading
16 avr. à 9 h 53
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,018
I think you can put together a good team here - I'd just look to spend the extra money you have to make it even better.
16 avr. à 11 h 1
Démarrer sujet
SkateOrDie
Quoting: JSEB93
I think you can put together a good team here - I'd just look to spend the extra money you have to make it even better.

but you can only do that in 1 year deals which makes it hard to do in FA.
Doc is getting a raise.
MP is getting a raise.
Bahl would get a raise.
Crosby deserves a raise, if he asks for it who knows.

You need cap to pay for it all. So it's hard to spend to max without it being a 1 year deal.
16 avr. à 11 h 6
Rejoint: mars 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 313
What exactly are they winning with this roster lol.
16 avr. à 11 h 33
Démarrer sujet
SkateOrDie
Quoting: RazorSeider53
What exactly are they winning with this roster lol.

the same thing they are winning this year with their current one.
what you think anyone can make this into a cup contending team in 1 year without impossible trades and contracts?
Are you high?
16 avr. à 12 h 59
the same thing they are winning this year with their current one.
what you think anyone can make this into a cup contending team in 1 year without impossible trades and contracts?
Are you high?

I'm not the one who made the thread title, genius. You are.
16 avr. à 13 h 6
Démarrer sujet
SkateOrDie
Quoting: RazorSeider53
I'm not the one who made the thread title, genius. You are.

you should really try harder with your wanting to be a troll you pretty weak at it
16 avr. à 13 h 9
you should really try harder with your wanting to be a troll you pretty weak at it

You really should try harder at trying to sound intelligent.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage