SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Boston Bruins signed Jaxon Nelson (1 Year / $950,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

2 avr. à 10 h 19
Jaxon Nelson has signed a new contract with the Boston Bruins.
Contrat d’entrée
Contrats comparablesCOMPARER CE CONTRAT
SIGNÉ PAR: Don Sweeney
Durée: 1 an
Valeur: 950 000 $
Statut à l’échéance du contrat: RFA
% Cap Info-bulle: 1,04
Contrat signé avec: Logo de Bruins de BostonBruins de Boston
Date de signature: 2 avr. 2024
Source: CapFriendly

Jaxon Nelson a signé un contrat de 1 ans d'une valeur de 950 000 $ avec les Bruins de Boston, le 2 avr. 2024. Le contrat comporte un cap hit de 870 000 $.

SAISONClauseCap hitInfo-bulleAAV Info-bulleBonis de performanceInfo-bulleBonis de signatureInfo-bulleSalaire de baseInfo-bulleSalaire totalInfo-bulleSalaire mineuresInfo-bulle
2024-25870 000 $950 000 $80 000 $95 000 $775 000 $870 000 $82 500 $
TOTAL870 000 $950 000 $80 000 $95 000 $775 000 $870 000 $82 500 $
Offre qualificativeInfo-bulle: 813 750 $
2 avr. à 10 h 51
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,353
This is one of those "character" guys who develop in college after not being drafted. A performer under pressure, he has a real shot at the NHL. Good signing by the Bruins.
2 avr. à 10 h 54
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,073
Good pickup by the Bruins, seems like they pivoted to Nelson after missing on Quillan. Seems like he'll fit right in on the Bruins, excited to see his development
SimonVenell a aimé ceci.
2 avr. à 13 h 3
Rejoint: janv. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 62
He does things a guy his size shouldn't be able to do. Underrated signing. Can play any role and is a great leader.
2 avr. à 14 h 51
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 371
Quoting: OldNYIfan
This is one of those "character" guys who develop in college after not being drafted. A performer under pressure, he has a real shot at the NHL. Good signing by the Bruins.

forwards peak at 25-27. He's already 24.
You are making a whole lot to do for a guy who was playing guys years younger than him.
I like NCAA hockey, I watch a lot of it. But you have to know how to judge the talent there and project it.
A normal hockey player is in the NHL by this age. Not looking to make the jump.
Fact it took him this long to make it isn't exactly a good sign. That's being generous.
All the best to him, but he has an uphill battle.
There are guys 4 years younger than him with more talent coming into the league. When push comes to shove it's hard to spend a lot of time developing a guy who will be 25 next year especially when you only get 3 years of control.
If he can't make the jump right away my guess is he won't make it.
2 avr. à 18 h 13
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,353
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
You are making a whole lot to do for a guy who was playing guys years younger than him.
I like NCAA hockey, I watch a lot of it. But you have to know how to judge the talent there and project it.
Fact it took him this long to make it isn't exactly a good sign. That's being generous.
There are guys 4 years younger than him with more talent coming into the league. When push comes to shove it's hard to spend a lot of time developing a guy who will be 25 next year especially when you only get 3 years of control.

"took him this long"?!?!? What a fatuous statement -- maybe he wanted to inquire a collidge edukation?

Maybe he'll become Boston's next Brad Marchand, who by his 25th birthday had fewer points in more games than Trevor Zegras. Marchand didn't have a breakout season until he was 28.
BruinsCharlies a aimé ceci.
2 avr. à 18 h 22
SkateOrDie
Quoting: OldNYIfan
"took him this long"?!?!? What a fatuous statement -- maybe he wanted to inquire a collidge edukation?

Maybe he'll become Boston's next Brad Marchand, who at almost the exact same age as Nelson is now had fewer points in more games than Trevor Zegras. Marchand didn't have a breakout season until he was 28.

Players who have NHL talent make the jump by 24. That's just facts. The money is worth more than the degree.
On top of it, if the degree was what was important he'd have it at 22 like most college students.
So I assure you it's not the degree.
It's a long road. NCAA has a lot of players who are 18-19. Some are a bit older 21-22. Either way he was one of the oldest players in the league last year and being 23-24 playing against 18-19 year olds to get noticed isn't a good impression. Which is where we are at.
Take it with a gain of salt. He won't be playing against guys younger than him at the NHL level, at least not one's who aren't very talented. So he's going to have an uphill climb as the competition isn't developing anymore while he's matured.
3 avr. à 14 h 1
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 326
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck

It's an uphill battle for many NHLer's. That doesn't mean he can't get there. Bobby McMann just made it at 27 and Justin Brazeau at 26. He has a hard road but it can be done.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
3 avr. à 15 h 13
SkateOrDie
Quoting: BruinsCharlies
It's an uphill battle for many NHLer's. That doesn't mean he can't get there. Bobby McMann just made it at 27 and Justin Brazeau at 26. He has a hard road but it can be done.

I never said he can't. I am just being realistic about it.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage