Forums/Armchair-GM

24-25

Créé par: swinny
Équipe: 2024-25 Avalanche du Colorado
Date de création initiale: 14 mars 2024
Publié: 24 mars 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
First off, this is assuming Landy is back to start the year next year. Obviously, if he isn't, it changes everything. Literally.

The Avs cap crunch is real, and it is no secret something has to give. Looking over the options, simply see Colton being the least evasive to the line up. Lehkonen is an option, but moving a legit top 6 forward with a game like his? Tough. Sets things back. Girard? Sure. You could, but being only 25 and has been solid for the Avs in his tenure, replacing him is, well, about $5 million. Wood? I totally would, but it doesn't move the financial needle enough. So, we are back to Colton. Tough.

Signings:

Mittlestadt: you don't move Byram without committing long term. It is that simple. Given his track record in the league, and his last couole seasons the number was tough to gauge. Settled in at $6.25 million with term for a couole reasons. 1. He has never topped 70 points. 2. The Avs are a left contender. 3. If he is wanting $7 million+, that is money Buffalo had..... and if the Sabres weren't willing, it gives us an idea of what his market value is.

Stenlund: just a gritty and effective 4th liner. Contract very manageable. Underrated imo.

De Haan: a no frills vet D that can contribute positively on the bottom pair. Again, contract friendly.

Jones: I bring him back as the #7 D. Only 26, I still think there is something there. Can push De Haan or Malinski (what you want). Could go with another vet here, but I think that depends on where Behrens is in his development..... and if he signs.

Robertson: well, I made the move, so I sign him lol. See more opportunity for him in Colorado, as Bednar uses his bench more. Cap friendly, young, and along with Kovalenko (think think he makes the cut) could make for an interesting 3rd line.

Side Notes

1. Provestov or Annunen: pick one. One makes it one doesn't. The cap space isn't there to do anything differently.

2. Kovalenko: yes, I think he makes the team. Has been great in the KHL, and if it wasn't for an injury, may have seen time with the Avs now. That was the plan from.what I understand. And if that was the plan, it is reasonable to think the plan is he is thee in 2024-25.

Overall:

Moving Colton is a tough decision, but in terms of cap management and icing a contender, I simply don't see another option. Where I am most certain a number of Avs fans will trash the deal I proposed, the overall line up, in my opinion, keeps the Avs in the Cup conversation - which any move made needs to be the result.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3950 000 $
3950 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
2900 000 $
2900 000 $
86 250 000 $
21 150 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
21 000 000 $
1850 000 $
1850 000 $
Transactions
COL
  1. Kämpf, David
  2. Robertson, Nicholas [Droits de RFA]
Détails additionnels:
Oh I can already feel the hate lol......

But what do the Avs get?

1. Cap relief. Essentially getting two very viable NHL forwards for the cap hitnif one. Let's sarts there.

2. Kämpf: an excellent defensive forward signed for the next 3 years. Has some offensive skill, but admittedly a small step back from Colton - 25-30 potential (twice) points vs 40. Great on the PK. Above 50% with faceoffs.

3. Robertson: yeah, quite polarizing amongst the CF crowd. But, tracking for around 40 points with sheltered minutes. Quick with compete in his game. Has had injury issues, but has remained healthy this season. Young, contract control. Extension given his sheltered minutes more than affordable. Solid top 9 forward with top 6 potential..... that has always been there.

Avs fans may not like this, Ihave read numerous threads where Colton isn't the guy they move.
$4 million for a 3C is pricey..... and the Avs are up against it. Many may see a deal for "spare parts". Don't see it that way at all. Both players are very serviceable, with their own skill sets. A sum is greater than the parts deal. Fills holes for the Avs without taking too much from the lineup.

Honestly, given the Avs options, this Colton maybe the least evasive option.
TOR
  1. Colton, Ross
Détails additionnels:
Some Leafs fans will see an overpriced 3C.

I see a reasonably priced 2C, which moves JT to the wing. Creates centre depth. Adds and element of real grit to the position that is currently lacking. A 200 foot game, improving overall team defense. Solid with faceoffs.

Generally a 35-40 point player, can see an opportunity for more playing with Nylander and JT. The garbage guy in front of the net. A player with a clear cut defined role on that unit, no confusion on what that is.

There are UFA options..... but I feel that will be more in cap hit and term. Yes, Leafs give uo viable assets for what is a slight upgrade, but I see it being much easier managing cap.
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de ANA
Logo de SEA
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de NSH
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de PHI
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2187 700 000 $87 321 250 $0 $57 500 $378 750 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 5
12 600 000 $12 600 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 7
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
AG, C
RFA
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
AG, AD
RFA
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
896 250 $896 250 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
AD
RFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
G
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
G
UFA
850 000 $850 000 $
DG/DD
UFA
850 000 $850 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
DG/DD
UFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
24 mars à 12 h 45
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 27
Love it as a Leafs fan and props to you for providing some thoughtful reasoning. Having said that, it seems like Colorado committed heavily to Colton and won't sell him for pennies on the dollar
NMAvsFan et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
24 mars à 14 h 7
Representing the 505
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,682
I don't necessarily disagree with trading Colton and I don't think your logic here is bad but I hope they'd look for something a little better than this or they'd just make space by trading him then try to sign someone in UFA they believe could do the job for a year or two. Colton (who is definitely not a 2C or the Avs would have solved that problem without trading Bo) may seem "expensive" but the going rate for 3C's is about $4M; Detroit is paying two 3C's over $5M, LOL.
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
24 mars à 14 h 30
fromtherivertothesea
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 798
Manson sacrificed.
24 mars à 15 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,008
Quoting: batman
Manson sacrificed.

And replaced by whom?

I think the Avs would be hard pressed to find someone cheaper that does what Manson does.

It is the issue right across the board. None of the contracts are bad. Nine of the players are "bad".

Everyone one of them fits, and has a roll. Yet, something has to give.
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
24 mars à 15 h 4
Avs rule
Rejoint: mars 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 83
I don’t know that I love the trade. If cmac made this trade I would trust that the scouts saw something and felt that there was room for improvement. I just don’t know that kampf is someone that I would target.
I’d also like to keep one of the deadline acquisitions if possible.
Annunan would be my backup.
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
24 mars à 15 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: NMAvsFan
I don't necessarily disagree with trading Colton and I don't think your logic here is bad but I hope they'd look for something a little better than this or they'd just make space by trading him then try to sign someone in UFA they believe could do the job for a year or two. Colton (who is definitely not a 2C or the Avs would have solved that problem without trading Bo) may seem "expensive" but the going rate for 3C's is about $4M; Detroit is paying two 3C's over $5M, LOL.

Oh not disagreeing.

Of anyone that could be moved, I just think Colton would be the path of least resistance.

Can the Avs do better than what I proposed? Maybe. But I gotta think 31 GMs no that the Avs are in one helluva spot here, which may or may not dictate a return.

I appreciate recognizing my logic behind the deal, and I really do stand by it. Whether it is the Leafs or another organization, I think whoever is dealt, the return in going to by for a couple players pretty much equally the cap hit going out. Otherwise, I am not sure the Avs solve the issue.
24 mars à 15 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: LimeyBarsteward
I don’t know that I love the trade. If cmac made this trade I would trust that the scouts saw something and felt that there was room for improvement. I just don’t know that kampf is someone that I would target.
I’d also like to keep one of the deadline acquisitions if possible.
Annunan would be my backup.

I don't think there is a deal that any Avs fan is going to love to be honest.

But, pragmatically, what the deal does is spreads out the $4 million of Colton between two quite serviceable players. Now, maybe Kämpf isn't the guy you would want to target. Get it. But, what he does do is full a roll and fills it well enough that the Avs really don't take a massive step back. Which is why I included him. (As a Leafs fan, honestly, I would rather keep him). What I think we can safely say is a deal is coming; and I would think the return would look something along the lines of a 2 for 1.

As for the deadline acquisitions..... yes. I would tend to agree. Of them, Trenin is the one I would target over Stunlund. That is going to depend on both hiw many teams would be in on him and his demands. The Avs just don't have a lot of wiggle room.
24 mars à 15 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Komisarek
Love it as a Leafs fan and props to you for providing some thoughtful reasoning. Having said that, it seems like Colorado committed heavily to Colton and won't sell him for pennies on the dollar

Again, I will not disagree. But as I have said, 31 GMs know the position the Avs are in. Pennies on the dollar (which I am not sure I would go that far with this deal) maybe a reality. Taking slightly less to free up space to ice a solid team is very much likely the move made.

The conundrum which I have again eluded to here is this:

Lehkonen: let's say the Avs move him. Who replaces him? Plays a 200 foot game. 60 points. One of the better defensive forwards in the NHL. Plays PK. That is a player that if moved is major surgery imo. Takes far too much away from the lineup, especially for that cap hit.

Nikushkin: some injury issues over the last few years, but runs at about a PPG pace when in the ice. A legit top 6 forward. Moving him I guess could be done, but replacing the offense will prove difficult. Two $3 million players may spread some things out, but I don't think they replce the production. And again, that contract is great given what he does.

Manson: a popular target. Vet stay at home D with physical edge. Has looked rejuvenated as an Av. A rather obvious target for a few teams. But the return would leave a hole in the top 4. And replacing Manson, for what he does is about a $4 million price tag. End result: in the same place.

Leaves Colton. And where your point in 100% valid, I also think moving him is also the most pragmatic thing the Avs can do. Replacing his defensive game can be done. Or replacing his 40 points can be done. When comparing what it would take to replace the other candidates, I just think in the holistic approach, it takes significantly more work.
24 mars à 15 h 41
fromtherivertothesea
Quoting: swinny
And replaced by whom?

I think the Avs would be hard pressed to find someone cheaper that does what Manson does.

It is the issue right across the board. None of the contracts are bad. Nine of the players are "bad".

Everyone one of them fits, and has a roll. Yet, something has to give.

Girard Makar
Toews Malinski
Behrens X

X = someone like Ian Cole
24 mars à 15 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Girard Makar
Toews Malinski
Behrens X

X = someone like Ian Cole

And is that a blueline that competes for a Cup?

Dressing one rookie you do (Malinski has looked very good).

2? I can see that being an issue. And is Berhens even ready?
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
24 mars à 16 h 23
fromtherivertothesea
And is that a blueline that competes for a Cup?

Dressing one rookie you do (Malinski has looked very good).

2? I can see that being an issue. And is Berhens even ready?

Per some Avs fans he’s apparently ready and his development is looking good.

Yes, it could compete for a cup. Sign additional depth like Jones and Benoit

Behrens - Makar
Toews - Girard
Cole - Malinski
Benoit
24 mars à 16 h 44
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 514
Do you see another move like this, because you are still so crunched against the cap, like say a Manson, Lehkonen, etc. I also think those players are more likely to get moved than a center in Colton
24 mars à 17 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Letsgosharks
Do you see another move like this, because you are still so crunched against the cap, like say a Manson, Lehkonen, etc. I also think those players are more likely to get moved than a center in Colton

I have explained extensively throughout the thread why I think it is Colton. Coles notes version: simply a path of least resistance in terms of filling out the roster.

As for other moves..... that is a 2025-26 problem. What I suggest is that in the right here and now, neither Behrens (some say otherwise) or Ritchie are ready. It allows Kovalenko a year to acclimate to the NHL game, where by all accounts he will be a top 6 forward.

Allowing a year of development will help gauge where they are at and dictate what comes next. And there will be a next. 2025-26 maybe even worse.
24 mars à 17 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Per some Avs fans he’s apparently ready and his development is looking good.

Yes, it could compete for a cup. Sign additional depth like Jones and Benoit

Behrens - Makar
Toews - Girard
Cole - Malinski
Benoit

And Cole is going to be a $2-3 million signing. I don't think it frees up enough. And that is working from.the assumption Behrens is in fact..... ready.

It's maybe a way to go, but gutsy as all hell.

The Devils eneded up dressing something similar in terms of 2 rookies (Hughes and Nemec)..... they are going to miss the dance. And where yes.... Makar is Makar, and Georgiev is light years better than Vanacek, the point is it becomes a major step back imo.
24 mars à 17 h 45
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 514
I have explained extensively throughout the thread why I think it is Colton. Coles notes version: simply a path of least resistance in terms of filling out the roster.

As for other moves..... that is a 2025-26 problem. What I suggest is that in the right here and now, neither Behrens (some say otherwise) or Ritchie are ready. It allows Kovalenko a year to acclimate to the NHL game, where by all accounts he will be a top 6 forward.

Allowing a year of development will help gauge where they are at and dictate what comes next. And there will be a next. 2025-26 maybe even worse.

Hahaha that was like a response id get from one of my professors, but thanks
24 mars à 17 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Letsgosharks
Hahaha that was like a response id get from one of my professors, but thanks

🤣🤣🤣

Not sure how else to answer it.

I almost feel smart being compared to a prof🤣🤣🤣
Letsgosharks a aimé ceci.
24 mars à 18 h 32
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 69
The more I look at it the more I think the Avs have to drop Wood this offseason.
24 mars à 18 h 39
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 434
I don't disagree with your reasoning on the leafs perspective of the Colton trade but if we really wanted a guy who is in the 40 point range to take over for JT we already have him, I think domi would be our go to for that promotion as he is similar in a few ways to Colton but we would be able to resign him and keep the assets or move them for a blue line piece (which is what we really need) but that being said I thought it was a well thought out proposal with great reasoning.
swinny a aimé ceci.
24 mars à 21 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: TheOtherAuston
I don't disagree with your reasoning on the leafs perspective of the Colton trade but if we really wanted a guy who is in the 40 point range to take over for JT we already have him, I think domi would be our go to for that promotion as he is similar in a few ways to Colton but we would be able to resign him and keep the assets or move them for a blue line piece (which is what we really need) but that being said I thought it was a well thought out proposal with great reasoning.

The Colton acquisition is more than the offensive production. His defensive game is beyind significantly better than Domi's. Why Av fans, as you can see, are quite reluctant to move him.

Further, where you are not wrong that the Leafs blueline need improvement (working on that ACGM that will include this deal), team defense as a whole needs improvement. So where I get moving Kämpf seems counter productive to that thought, replacing Kämpf isn't as difficult. Colton simply plays a well rounded game. Domi is offense, piss and vinegar. Kämpf is defense piss and vinegar. Colton is all that.

The UFA market at almost every forward position is razor thin - where a player like Colton is gonna cost. There are those- like Domi as you say that can produce offense, but that simply isn't the Leafs issue, and why I would say from the Leafs perspective it makes sense. Finding a defensive replacement for Kämpf is there.... and for less money to boot.

I am just putting it out there for Leaf fans: fixing the defensive issues isn't about adding 2 gritty D. No. It is about addressing the lack of a team defensive concept..... something Colton absolutely brings to the table.
24 mars à 21 h 59
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,573
I think you're probably right that Colton is the most obvious guy to sacrifice at this point. Kampf, however, is a decent but overpaid 4C imo. Stenlund, as you have him here, would be a great pick up imo and is at about the right money. I'd say the idea is right but the targets are wrong. Also think Annunen has shown enough for the back up job.
swinny a aimé ceci.
24 mars à 22 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: TJTwolf
I think you're probably right that Colton is the most obvious guy to sacrifice at this point. Kampf, however, is a decent but overpaid 4C imo. Stenlund, as you have him here, would be a great pick up imo and is at about the right money. I'd say the idea is right but the targets are wrong. Also think Annunen has shown enough for the back up job.

1. Annunen seems to be the consensus.

2. Could be the targets are wrong. Would have to play with a few teams to make a counter arguement. There maybe a better fit. A fair comment for sure. What I will say for Kämpf is I think he is more than a 4C, but not about to argue he is totally a 3C. Is there such a thing as a 3.5C? Be what he is.

3. Stunlund is very much over looked. 4th liners are. He isn't pretty, but he is awefully effective.
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage