Forums/Armchair-GM

Hawks should take a gamble on Kaapo

Créé par: ChiHawk
Équipe: 2024-25 Blackhawks de Chicago
Date de création initiale: 22 mars 2024
Publié: 22 mars 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Hawks end up, through the lottery, with the #4 pick. Celebrini and Levshunov are off the board. Lindstrom, Demidov or Eiserman are the order to take, but Hawks may decide to push to get Bedard a linemate sooner than later. Lindstrom is a C, and Demidov is locked up in the KHL for at least 2 more years so they may look at Eiserman to be ready in just one more year.

Eiserman - Bedard - KK could end up being a very good line for a long time to come; so if nothing else, this is just spitballing out of an interesting look. KK is pretty good defensively and bedard and eiserman will need a big defensive forward so he fills that role. Bedard is a playmaker and goal scorer but Eiserman is obviously a stud of a natural goal scorer giving Bedard an option and a double threat with both feeding each other goals. KK is there to support those two and worth the late 1st in next year's draft to take a chance on.

Eiserman, Nazar and Moore are another season away of turning pro, but just taking a look here at line combos for the 25/26 season; the season after next. Donato and Hall will be gone by then.

Rinzel, Hayes, Greene still in the AHL, but the idea is to see how the team starts taking shape in the 2025/2026 season. 2026/2027 will be exciting IMO.

2nd line of Moore, Nazar and AA will be a speed line...all extremely fast players. AA's puck handling leaves a lot to be desired but he's a short term plug.

Kurashev, Dickinson and Reichel could prove to be an interesting combo as a solid 3rd line IMO. Eventually, Green, Hayes or Dach steps up to replace Dickinson. For the record, I'm not that high on Dach as some fans are. IMO, he will end up a 3rd liner, maybe 4th or not make it.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3950 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
44 000 000 $
31 750 000 $
21 000 000 $
21 000 000 $
32 500 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Eiserman, Cole
3925 000 $
Moore, Oliver
3925 000 $
Transactions
CHI
  1. Kakko, Kaapo [Droits de RFA]
NYR
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (TOR)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CHI
Logo de TBL
Logo de CHI
Logo de LAK
Logo de VAN
Logo de CHI
Logo de OTT
Logo de NSH
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de DAL
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de NYR
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de NYI
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de OTT
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2687 500 000 $65 707 500 $0 $6 422 500 $21 792 500 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Eiserman, Cole
925 000 $925 000 $
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
C
RFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD
RFA
Moore, Oliver
925 000 $925 000 $
950 000 $950 000 $
AD, C
RFA - 2
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AG, C
RFA
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AG, C, AD
RFA - 1
912 500 $912 500 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG
RFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C
RFA
825 000 $825 000 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
C
RFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD
RFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 6
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
G
RFA - 2
918 333 $918 333 $ (Bonis de performance1 000 000 $$1M)
DG
RFA - 2
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
G
UFA - 2
916 667 $916 667 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
DG
RFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
DG
RFA - 2
962 500 $962 500 $
G
RFA - 1
855 833 $855 833 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
DG
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
22 mars à 15 h 58
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 312
Quoting: ChiHawk
There's not 1 player on the Hawks roster outside of Bedard that would be in the Rangers top 6, let alone top 9. The point is, a rebuilding team has the flexibility to take a flyer and not loose much if they can't extract more value from Kaapo and if not, they overpaid slightly. The Rangers on the other hand need help now and a 1st round pick gives them an asset to help them get help now that arguably is better than they would get for KK. At this point, he's probably worth a 2nd, so Hawks slightly overpay and Rangers get that asset to make a play for someone else.

Trades don't always happen in vacuums.

What do you base Kakko being worth a 2nd on? If the Rangers wanted to make a move to improve the team, why wouldn’t they just trade Kakko for an NHL player instead of making a trade that would necessitate another move?
22 mars à 15 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,333
Quoting: Rags21
What Kakko is worth vs What it’ll take to pry him away from the Rangers are two completely different conversations….for some reason people on this site have a hard time understand

The rangers do NOT need picks. They need a top 6 RW of all things. So if that’s not what you’re offering then the trade dies

I never said the trade for be Kakko for a top 6 winger, 1 for 1….but that’s the only thing the rangers are missing

That 1st could easily be worse than Kakko, since it’ll be closer to a 2nd round pick lol

Dach hasn’t even proved he’s worth the risk yet

Kaapo is probably worth a 2nd to some rebuilding teams if Rangers tried to move him for a winger, his value as part of a trade will likely equal a 2nd. Hawks slightly overpay to take a flier on him given they are rebuilding....nobody on the Hawks roster is a top 6 player on a contending team outside of Bedard obviously so they can take risk. Rangers get a late 1st they can leverage, which again arguably has more value than Kaapo in a trade, to land an asset to help them now. That was my intent. Trades sometimes are not contemplated in isolation and are part of a larger plan.
22 mars à 16 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Terrifiedofeveryone
What do you base Kakko being worth a 2nd on? If the Rangers wanted to make a move to improve the team, why wouldn’t they just trade Kakko for an NHL player instead of making a trade that would necessitate another move?

Easy, his results after 5 seasons puts him at a 2nd and I highly doubt there's even 2/3rds of the league that would pay a 2nd for him at this point and probably only 1 to 3 teams that would give up a 1st rounder. I could be wrong and you right but willing to bet I'm not far off.

Barring that, if the Hawks agree to slightly overpay versus going rate, Rangers do this all day if that 1st is more valuable then the Rangers can get for Kaapo in trade value for another player. Trades are a part of a larger strategy often times and aren't just in isolation. If the Rangers, assuming they test Kaapo's market to acquire another player, only has the value of a 2nd and one team (Hawks) offer a late 1st, they do it. Now they have more value to work with to get a player to help them now.
Garak a aimé ceci.
22 mars à 16 h 3
Easy, his results after 5 seasons puts him at a 2nd. If the Hawks agree to slightly overpay versus going rate, Rangers do this all day if that 1st is more valuable then the Rangers can get for Kaapo in trade value for another player. Trades are a part of a larger strategy often times and aren't just in isolation. If the Rangers, assuming they test Kaapo's market to acquire another player, only has the value of a 2nd and one team (Hawks) offer a late 1st, they do it. Now they have more value to work with to get a player to help them now.

So it’s your own made-up valuation with no historical basis or backing logic, got it.
Fox_Czar_Cup a aimé ceci.
22 mars à 16 h 9
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,278
Kaapo is probably worth a 2nd to some rebuilding teams if Rangers tried to move him for a winger, his value as part of a trade will likely equal a 2nd. Hawks slightly overpay to take a flier on him given they are rebuilding....nobody on the Hawks roster is a top 6 player on a contending team outside of Bedard obviously so they can take risk. Rangers get a late 1st they can leverage, which again arguably has more value than Kaapo in a trade, to land an asset to help them now. That was my intent. Trades sometimes are not contemplated in isolation and are part of a larger plan.

Again, you probably couldn’t propose a trade where that 1st probably lands someone better than Kakko (keep in mind: minimal powerplay time, cheap cap hit, young and controllable, right winger)
22 mars à 16 h 14
Rejoint: mars 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 83
Haven't seen too much NYR games, but what i've understood is that Kakko is actually elite defensively and puck possession monster with big body. Last year 40 points with 00:53 TOIPP and 15min TOI. Biggest problem has been converting possession to points (shooting more wouldn't hurt). The Kid Line clicked well last season, didn't work out with Zibanejad (who's actually having worst season since 2017-18) & Kreider for some reason. Change of scenery would prolly be the best for Kakko and he could be really good linemate for Bedard.

Has he been worth the 2OA? Absolutely not. Is he a good NHLer? Absolutely yes. Is he worth a late first? In my opinion yes.

That TOR 1st <-> Kakko would be a good deal for Chicago. Maybe helps Rangers to acquire a first line RW in another trade also. But i also understand why Rags fans wouldn't want to do it unless they can flip that pick & something else for proven Top 6 RW.

This is just outsiders opinion.
ChiHawk et Fox_Czar_Cup a aimé ceci.
22 mars à 16 h 14
Démarrer sujet
So it’s your own made-up valuation with no historical basis or backing logic, got it.

Why are you getting aggressive, do you find I personally insulted you? Do you really think you know better by challenging what other's are saying on this post without providing historical basis or backing logic yourself to support your OPINION? Try looking in a mirror before responding to people's opinions aggressively.

Let's spell out the obvious...

From a offensive production standpoint...
He's a .38ppg career player after 5 seasons after 1 okay season last year boosting his offensive production to .48ppg
This season he's down to a .28ppg player, which is his worst offensive production in 5 seasons.
The arrow is trending the wrong way offensively. Beyond not finding a way to product offensively, another issue is his skating isn't the best at the pro level.

Defensively he's pretty good, not great, but pretty good which is his best quality in the NHL.

All signs point to him being a bottom 6 player, after 5 seasons, on a playoff team. Those types of players at most garner late 1sts and usually 2nds and 3rds. However, given his age and draft spot, there's a little left to predraft qualities that can boost him potentially to getting a late 1st...potentially.

So no, it's not a made-up valuation; take it down a notch guy.
22 mars à 16 h 19
Why are you getting aggressive, do you find I personally insulted you? Do you really think you know better by challenging what other's are saying on this post without providing historical basis or backing logic yourself to support your OPINION? Try looking in a mirror before responding to people's opinions aggressively.

Let's spell out the obvious...

From a offensive production standpoint...
He's a .38ppg career player after 5 seasons after 1 okay season last year boosting his offensive production to .48ppg
This season he's down to a .28ppg player, which is his worst offensive production in 5 seasons.
The arrow is trending the wrong way offensively. Beyond not finding a way to product offensively, another issue is his skating isn't the best at the pro level.

Defensively he's pretty good, not great, but pretty good which is his best quality in the NHL.

All signs point to him being a bottom 6 player, after 5 seasons, on a playoff team. Those types of players at most garner late 1sts and usually 2nds and 3rds. However, given his age and draft spot, there's a little left to predraft qualities that can boost him potentially to getting a late 1st...potentially.

So no, it's not a made-up valuation; take it down a notch guy.

Lmao if you consider my one sentence response refuting your claim aggressive then idk what to tell you. There’s an ignore function you are free to use.
22 mars à 16 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Again, you probably couldn’t propose a trade where that 1st probably lands someone better than Kakko (keep in mind: minimal powerplay time, cheap cap hit, young and controllable, right winger)

He's not really controlled right now. He's an RFA and only has a couple years of control left. He's also not getting much PP time or top 6 time anymore because he's proven he's not that player on a contender. I don't think Kaapo is worth more then a 2nd to most NHL teams, via a direct 2nd round in return or of equivalent value in a trade for a player. My point of view is the Rangers would get better value owning a 1st round pick to trade than Kaapo. I could be wrong of course, just based on what I've seen from him, read about from beat reporters/insiders, etc.

A rebuilding team may be willing to take a flier on Kaapo and they have the luxury of patience including letting him make mistakes in a top 6 role. Rangers don't have the patience for that. As such, there's only a handful of rebuilding teams that would have interest in Kaapo.

Let's try this as an alternative; Taylor Hall (half retained) and maybe a 3rd rounder for Kaapo...there's your top 6 player.
22 mars à 16 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Lmao if you consider my one sentence response refuting your claim aggressive then idk what to tell you.

"So it’s your own made-up valuation with no historical basis or backing logic, got it."

Sarcastic and assumptive at a minimum; and honestly, not looking for you to tell me anything smile
22 mars à 16 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Ujeje
Haven't seen too much NYR games, but what i've understood is that Kakko is actually elite defensively and puck possession monster with big body. Last year 40 points with 00:53 TOIPP and 15min TOI. Biggest problem has been converting possession to points (shooting more wouldn't hurt). The Kid Line clicked well last season, didn't work out with Zibanejad (who's actually having worst season since 2017-18) & Kreider for some reason. Change of scenery would prolly be the best for Kakko and he could be really good linemate for Bedard.

Has he been worth the 2OA? Absolutely not. Is he a good NHLer? Absolutely yes. Is he worth a late first? In my opinion yes.

That TOR 1st <-> Kakko would be a good deal for Chicago. Maybe helps Rangers to acquire a first line RW in another trade also. But i also understand why Rags fans wouldn't want to do it unless they can flip that pick & something else for proven Top 6 RW.

This is just outsiders opinion.

Agree with what you said with the exception of being defensively elite. He's good, not great defensively IMO. But my logic in this is close to what you shared otherwise.
Ujeje a aimé ceci.
22 mars à 16 h 24
Am Yisrael Chai
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,740
Kaapo is not worth Moore, Rinzel or Nazar; not a chance. At best he may get a late 1st but more likely a 2nd rounder is about the best the Rangers can expect in return.

That's why they'd consider it, anything less isn't worth trading him. I agree his trade value isn't top prospect level but they'd keep him before selling for less than a 1st round pick value.
22 mars à 16 h 54
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,534
He's likely worth a 2nd for a flyer, but Rangers fans go crazy so was being generous smile

Fun fact… regardless of your feelings towards his value or NYR reiterating the fact that he isn’t being moved… it’s not because we want an outrageous package and that he’s an untouchable player. It’s that Drury has been very open about him not being on the table unless it were part of acquiring an upgrade with term. So in its simplest form. They don’t want picks, they want to acquire an established name. So… this 1st isn’t moving the needle the same way Kakko doesn’t move the needle for you. So Bustko and Bustfreniere are staying put in NY
22 mars à 16 h 57
He's not really controlled right now. He's an RFA and only has a couple years of control left. He's also not getting much PP time or top 6 time anymore because he's proven he's not that player on a contender. I don't think Kaapo is worth more then a 2nd to most NHL teams, via a direct 2nd round in return or of equivalent value in a trade for a player. My point of view is the Rangers would get better value owning a 1st round pick to trade than Kaapo. I could be wrong of course, just based on what I've seen from him, read about from beat reporters/insiders, etc.

A rebuilding team may be willing to take a flier on Kaapo and they have the luxury of patience including letting him make mistakes in a top 6 role. Rangers don't have the patience for that. As such, there's only a handful of rebuilding teams that would have interest in Kaapo.

Let's try this as an alternative; Taylor Hall (half retained) and maybe a 3rd rounder for Kaapo...there's your top 6 player.

The rangers still need good, 2 way cheap players. Not to mention he is their only RW on the roster minus Laffy. Whoever they get with Kakko or the 1st still isn’t gonna be on the powerplay and probably would be the 6th best player in the top 6 lol

Taylor Hall is an aging, declining vet who only has 1 year left and doesn’t fit their timeline. Try again lol
22 mars à 19 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: NYR1983
Fun fact… regardless of your feelings towards his value or NYR reiterating the fact that he isn’t being moved… it’s not because we want an outrageous package and that he’s an untouchable player. It’s that Drury has been very open about him not being on the table unless it were part of acquiring an upgrade with term. So in its simplest form. They don’t want picks, they want to acquire an established name. So… this 1st isn’t moving the needle the same way Kakko doesn’t move the needle for you. So Bustko and Bustfreniere are staying put in NY

Fun fact, if Drury thinks a 1st is more valuable than Kaapo, like any GM, he trades him to utilize the first to get something he couldn't by trading Kaapo because at the end of the day....players or draft picks are just assets. Also a fun fact, you aren't Drury and neither am I so I avoid acting like I know what will happen and instead discuss opinions. smile
22 mars à 19 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 22 mars à 20 h 4
The rangers still need good, 2 way cheap players. Not to mention he is their only RW on the roster minus Laffy. Whoever they get with Kakko or the 1st still isn’t gonna be on the powerplay and probably would be the 6th best player in the top 6 lol

Taylor Hall is an aging, declining vet who only has 1 year left and doesn’t fit their timeline. Try again lol

Hence why Kaapo is still on the Rangers...top 6 guys who move the needle don't grow on trees and certainly won't unless the Rangers give up a lot more than Kaapo. But better than having a player sit on the bench for parts of the playoffs like Kaapo did last season! smile.

Anyway, just spitballing ideas here. The Rangers window is open and I personally don't think Kaapo is given a long enough leash on the Rangers to develop.
22 mars à 20 h 21
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,534
Fun fact, if Drury thinks a 1st is more valuable than Kaapo, like any GM, he trades him to utilize the first to get something he couldn't by trading Kaapo because at the end of the day....players or draft picks are just assets. Also a fun fact, you aren't Drury and neither am I so I avoid acting like I know what will happen and instead discuss opinions. smile

Reread what I wrote.. he doesn’t value the 1st more than Kakko. Drury wouldn’t move him in a guentzl trade.. he also spoke to media saying he’s happy with the progress and is being very patient. Read between the lines bud. I’m not drury, I’m listening and seeing what he’s saying and doing. Body language is telling. He values him more than a 1st lol
22 mars à 22 h 27
Snowhawk
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,363
I personally wouldn’t trade for Kakko, the fact that he is regressing in year five is seriously concerning. Additionally, the Hawks have their own struggling former 1st round pick to straighten out.
LivingAnew a aimé ceci.
22 mars à 22 h 36
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,130

Maybe you could use a 1st next deadline to get a rental winger better than him but that’s about it. Certainly nobody with term, unless they have an expensive contract, which NYR can’t afford.

I think Kakko is a fraudulent bust bum, but the market was set by Montreal with the Newhook trade.

Kakko is a cost controlled middle 6 winger with upside. Defensively solid as well. He’d fetch a 1st. (Still a fraud tho)
ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
22 mars à 22 h 53
Quoting: dgibb10
Maybe you could use a 1st next deadline to get a rental winger better than him but that’s about it. Certainly nobody with term, unless they have an expensive contract, which NYR can’t afford.

I think Kakko is a fraudulent bust bum, but the market was set by Montreal with the Newhook trade.

Kakko is a cost controlled middle 6 winger with upside. Defensively solid as well. He’d fetch a 1st. (Still a fraud tho)

You still don’t throw away a player you can keep for a rental lol

Rentals aren’t a guarantee at winning the cup and you still need 2 way players who do more than just score
22 mars à 22 h 55
Hence why Kaapo is still on the Rangers...top 6 guys who move the needle don't grow on trees and certainly won't unless the Rangers give up a lot more than Kaapo. But better than having a player sit on the bench for parts of the playoffs like Kaapo did last season! smile.

Anyway, just spitballing ideas here. The Rangers window is open and I personally don't think Kaapo is given a long enough leash on the Rangers to develop.

You do realize the moron coach who did that is fired and hasn’t been re-hired lol Lavi is a different and better coach who knows where Kakko strives

The rangers also don’t have the cap space luxury to go out and get a top 6 winger like Tuch, Batherson, Buch, Guentzel lol
22 mars à 22 h 59
I Love J Boqvist
You still don’t throw away a player you can keep for a rental lol

Rentals aren’t a guarantee at winning the cup and you still need 2 way players who do more than just score

I 100% agree but I’m saying that’s the only way that a late 1st would turn into a top 6 upgrade that NYR can afford cap wise.
22 mars à 23 h 20
Quoting: dgibb10
I 100% agree but I’m saying that’s the only way that a late 1st would turn into a top 6 upgrade that NYR can afford cap wise.

Yea but the problem is that I can’t even think of 1 RW that’s affordable cap wise with term and probably the age of 24-28 that could be had for a 1st
dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
22 mars à 23 h 22
I Love J Boqvist
Yea but the problem is that I can’t even think of 1 RW that’s affordable cap wise with term and probably the age of 24-28 that could be had for a 1st

Ironically, the only way to get a chance at one for a late 1st would probably be, checks notes, going after a guy like Kaapo Kakko and seeing if he can reach the next level.

Like if the rangers didn't have Kakko I'd be suggesting him as a target. No idea why fanbases on here think he should be thrown away. But among the most undervalued assets on capfriendly vs real life, are young, quality NHLer roster players with upside, as long as they're on a team said person isn't a fan of.
22 mars à 23 h 51
B
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,442
We'd get Way more than Newhook or Lundkvist, but picks wouldn't cut it anyway. Like Kreider Chytil Laf, we'll wait for him to collect more points, while being a big solid player.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage