Forums/Armchair-GM

Picks the Caps have traded away

Équipe: 2023-24 Équipe personnalisée
Date de création initiale: 18 mars 2024
Publié: 18 mars 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
2/28/23
Send to TOR: Gustafsson, 23 BOS 1st (Cowan)
Receive: Sandin

Grade for Capitals: B+

I'm a big Sandin fan, so I love this trade no matter what Cowan turns into. He plays like the lite version of Orlov; great offensively, solid defensively, and he can throw a big hit. He's just a few inches shorter.

7/24/21
Send to NYR: 21 ARI 3rd (Korczak)
Receive: 21 NYR 3rd (B. Johnson), 21 NYR 6th (Krebs)

Grade for Capitals: C?

Too early to tell.

4/12/21
Send to DET: Jakub Vrana, Richard Panik, 21 WSH 1st (W Johnston), 22 WSH 2nd (Buchelnikov)
Receive: Mantha

Grade for Capitals: D

Mantha did not fit in Washington until this season, and by then he had one foot out the door. Vrana at the time felt like a lot to give up, but unfortunately he didn't pan out in Detroit. The real kicker here is the 1st and 2nd round picks. This for me is the worst trade the Caps made since the Filip Forsberg deal.

10/6/20
Send to CGY: 20 WSH 1st (Zary), 20 WSH 3rd (Boltmann)
Receive: 20 CAR 1st (Lapierre)

Grade for Capitals: B

This could be a pick swap that benefitted both squads as Lapierre and Zary have both looked very promising as rookies this season. Lapierre has really stood out since the deadline and has even earned top line minutes lately. It's still early, but if he continues developing at this pace, the Caps center depth could become a strength in the coming years.

2/22/19
Send to DET: Bowey, 20 WSH 2nd (Hanas)
Receive: Jensen, 19 BUF 5th (Gritsyuk)

Grade for Capitals: B+

While I wasn't a huge fan of Jensen in his first year in DC, but he has been really solid over his tenure here and can show the occasional flash of offense. Plus he was extended at an affordable number. Bowey never panned out, and to my knowledge Hanas has not cracked the NHL yet. Pretty damn good trade if you ask me.

2/27/17
Send to STL: Malone, Sanford, 17 WSH 1st (Frost)
Receive: Shattenkirk, Copley

Grade for Capitals: D+

The only thing keeping this from a D or an F is that Copley became a pretty good backup. Shattenkirk was absolutely not worth what the team gave up for him, and that first round pick is currently on a 50 point pace this season in Philly.

6/24/16
Send to STL: 16 WSH 1st (Thompson)
Receive: 16 STL 1st (Johansen), 16 WSH 3rd (Pilon)

Yes, this is unfair. You have no idea what these kids are going to be when you draft them. But while Johansen and Pilon are Hershey Bears legends, neither of them have a 40 goal season in the NHL.

6/24/16
Send to MTL: 17 WSH 2nd (Ikonen), 18 WSH 2nd (Rodrigue)
Recieve: Eller

Grade for Capitals: A

I mean, the dude scored the Stanley Cup winning goal. This trade is wrth it based on that alone. Combined with the fact that Ikonen never panned out and Rodrigue isn't even a Habs prospect, I'd say the Caps won this trade pretty handily.

2/28/16
Send to TOR: Carrick, Laich, 16 WSH 2nd (Grundstrom)
Receive: Winnik, 16 ANA 5th (Malenstyn)

Grade for Capitals: C

Winnik wasn't bad here, but he wasn't awesome either. I really liked Carrick, but he never really seemed to stick in an NHL lineup. Grundstrom has turned into a good botoom 6 player, but so has Malenstyn. Kind of just a wash.

3/1/15
Send to CGY: 15 WSH 2nd (Lauzon), 15 WSH 3rd (Looke)
Receive: Glencross

Grade for Capitals: F-

This may not be a significant trade to anyone other than myself. But Curtis Glencross gave up the puck that led to the Rangers overtime goal in game 5, and then eventual come back from 3-1 down in the series to beat the Caps. And my teenage self will never, EVER forgive him for it. So this trade sucks.

6/28/14
Send to NYR: 14 CHI 4th (Shesterkin), 14 WSH 4th (R. Mantha)
Receive: 14 NYR 3rd (Walker)

This is another one that's unfair because nobody knew until years later. But oof... that's a doozy. One of the top goalies in the game for a 4th liner. And I absolutely love Nate, but that's a one way trade.

6/24/11
Send to CHI: 11 WSH 1st (Danault)
Receive: Brouwer

Grade for Capitals: B-

This is a fun one. Brouwer was a fan favorite here in DC and put up solid numbers during his time. And then he got flipped for TJ Oshie (which was an absolute fleecing btw.) But the Hawks picked Phil Danault. Did he break out with Chicago? Not fully, but once he got to Montreal, he really flourished, and has been one of the better shutdown centers in the league for a few years now.
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
12999 999 999 $29 586 667 $0 $327 500 $970 413 332 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Flames de Calgary
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
AG, C
RFA - 2
Logo de Stars de Dallas
894 167 $894 167 $
C
RFA - 2
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
859 167 $859 167 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
AG
RFA - 2
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
C
RFA - 2
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
C
UFA - 7
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
935 833 $935 833 $
AG, C
RFA - 3
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Rangers de New York
859 167 $859 167 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
C
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Predators de Nashville
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
Logo de Rangers de New York
5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
775 000 $775 000 $
G
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 mars à 21 h 4
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,150
You missed the most important one.

2015 draft day trade:

Boston sends their 2015 5th round pick, 135 ova, to Minnesota in exchange for Minnesota's 2016 5th rounder.

Minnesota selects Kirill Kaprizov.

Thanks Sweeney! 😊
18 mars à 21 h 27
Fantasy Hockey Pro
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,270
Quoting: RazWild
You missed the most important one.

2015 draft day trade:

Boston sends their 2015 5th round pick, 135 ova, to Minnesota in exchange for Minnesota's 2016 5th rounder.

Minnesota selects Kirill Kaprizov.

Thanks Sweeney! 😊

Sir this is a Washington capitals post lol
AK50, RazWild, BoringBrianMacLellan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
18 mars à 21 h 27
JT Miller for Hart
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 715
Love these kind of analyses on CapFriendly, musta taken a while but great work.
18 mars à 21 h 29
Fantasy Hockey Pro
I love when people do this kind of research. Shesterkin one hurts but the chances that the caps would’ve drafted him there is so slim so I’ll try not to lose sleep over it lol. Plus Walker got an assist on one of the goals in the 2-1 game 6 win against PIT in 2018 so all is well!
BoringBrianMacLellan et AK50 a aimé ceci.
18 mars à 22 h 25
Prime Primeau
Rejoint: avr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 2,153
Losing Wyatt Johnston hurts for the caps but imagine the wings, trading UP from that pick only to pick up the second best goalie of the draft class (when the #1 was still available)
18 mars à 23 h 37
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,875
Some of my biggest changes:
Cowan was WIDELY seen as a huge reach at the time, literally no one predicted the breakout he has had this year, knocking that deal up a bit in my eyes (even if Sandin hasn't been quite as good as expected as well)
Shattenkirk was the right move to make at the time and was the best Caps D that playoff run. Would also add that Copley and Sanford were considered pretty good pieces at the time and while both have had solid NHL careers, they never really panned out.
The Winnik move wasn't really for Winnik but more to get off of Laich's deal and Carrick, not the 2nd, was a bigger piece at the time -- they made the right call on that one

Your Glencross analysis is spot on though. On the Mount Rushmore of my all time least favorite Caps right next to Tim Gleason, Dustin Penner, and TFB
19 mars à 1 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Skip skibbity
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 861
Quoting: qc14
Cowan was WIDELY seen as a huge reach at the time, literally no one predicted the breakout he has had this year, knocking that deal up a bit in my eyes (even if Sandin hasn't been quite as good as expected as well)
Shattenkirk was the right move to make at the time and was the best Caps D that playoff run. Would also add that Copley and Sanford were considered pretty good pieces at the time and while both have had solid NHL careers, they never really panned out.
The Winnik move wasn't really for Winnik but more to get off of Laich's deal and Carrick, not the 2nd, was a bigger piece at the time -- they made the right call on that one

Your Glencross analysis is spot on though. On the Mount Rushmore of my all time least favorite Caps right next to Tim Gleason, Dustin Penner, and TFB

haha you can throw Jeff Schultz and Mike Weber on that list for me as well
qc14 et NoVaSpartan a aimé ceci.
19 mars à 9 h 22
Fantasy Hockey Pro
Quoting: BoringBrianMacLellan

OMG MIKE WEBER I forgot how angry I was at him lmao
19 mars à 9 h 44
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,875

Schultz (much like Alzner) at least had a 3 year run where he legitimately was a solid top 4 guy
That 08-12 run was completely killed by McPhee's refusal to make a big upgrade at D. Makes what he's done in Vegas all the more infuriating
19 mars à 18 h 26
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,742
Quoting: qc14

Read Tim Gleason and immediately got angry. I'd throw Justin Peters on this list too.
BoringBrianMacLellan a aimé ceci.
20 mars à 14 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Skip skibbity
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 861
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
Read Tim Gleason and immediately got angry. I'd throw Justin Peters on this list too.

As a goalie myself, albeit not a great one, Justin Peters was absolutely infuriating. Jose Theodore too. More so for the fact that he was good everywhere BUT Washington
NoVaSpartan a aimé ceci.
20 mars à 17 h 34
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,742
As a goalie myself, albeit not a great one, Justin Peters was absolutely infuriating. Jose Theodore too. More so for the fact that he was good everywhere BUT Washington

Good old Jose Three-or-more

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage