OTT 6 to 1
STL 14 to 4
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-
Macklin Celebrini
OTT selects Celebrini. Easy decision
2Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-
Cayden Lindstrom
SJS selects Cayden Lindstrom. With them having Pittsburgh pick as well, they need to go for another high-end forward. They go for the center instead of Demidov, making an insane 1-2 punch
3Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-
Artyom Levshunov
CHI selects Levshunov. Makes too much sense. Pairs perfectly with Korchinski, as fast as next season
4Logo de Sharks de San Jose-
Zayne Parekh
STL selects Parekh. A RD is a need, and might as well take it when he is most definitely one of the BPAs
5Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-
Carter Yakemchuk
ANA selects Yakemchuk. He is inevitably going very high this year. He is likely not the player with the highest ceiling, but almost every team in the top 10, other than CLB, MTL, NJD, needs a RD, very badly
6Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-
Ivan Demidov
CLB selects Demidov. They could definitely be helped with another RW, and might as well get an elite one. They could end up going for Helenius though
7Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-
Cole Eiserman
ARZ selects Eiserman. Catton might be a more complete player, but they already have Keller, Cooley. They likely have similar ceilings, so they can take the player that covers needs, even if the floor is lower
8Logo de Capitals de Washington-
Berkly Catton
MTL selects Catton. No brainier here
9Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-
Konsta Helenius
BUF selects Helenius. Good potential, and a R-shot, which they lack in the forward group
10Logo de Blues de St-Louis-
Liam Greentree
NJD selects Greentree. A top 6 potential power-forward is definitely something NJ should look into
11Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-
Anton Silayev
SJS selects Silayev. As they predicted, there are a ton of elite Ds, and one that should have gone top 5, slips
12Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
Tij Iginla
CGY selects Iginla. He's CGY's pick if available, unless they win the lottery
13Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-
Zeev Buium
SEA takes Buium. One of the steal of the drafts, its crazy they could a Norris potential D so low
14Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-
Sam Dickinson
MIN selects Dickinson. A LD seems to be a very likely pick for MIN, and Dickinson has top pair potential
15Logo de Predators de Nashville-
Trevor Connelly
WSH selects Connelly. Not a surprising pick, he fits right in
16Logo de Flames de Calgary-
Michael Brandsegg Nygard
DET gets MBN. He's going to be a great strong 2nd line option down the line
17Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Islanders de New York
18Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-
19Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
20Logo de Kraken de Seattle-
21Logo de Wild du Minnesota-
22Logo de Flyers de PhiladelphieLogo de Kings de Los Angeles
23Logo de Rangers de New York-
24Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Oilers d'Edmonton
25Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
26Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Devils du New Jersey
27Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-
28Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Bruins de Boston
29Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Stars de Dallas
30Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-
31Logo de Avalanche du ColoradoLogo de Panthers de la Floride
32Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-
14 mars à 9 h 18
Rejoint: nov. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 417
If St. Louis lands #4 I would be mad if they picked Parekh, but I don't think they would. I would 100% take Dickinson at this pick. If they were dead on RHD then take Yakemchuk.
mokumboi a aimé ceci.
14 mars à 9 h 22
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,347
Appreciate the lottery luck like you would not believe, but Parekh is far and away the LAST Dman the Blues should be grabbing in the 1st round, let alone with the 4th pick. Dickinson would almost definitely be the pick. A slight chance it's Yakemchuk or Silayev. Absolutely no smallish Dmen who can't defend, especially if it's a good 10 slots too high for the player.
14 mars à 9 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Reinbacher Josi 2.0
Rejoint: sept. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,289
Quoting: mokumboi
Appreciate the lottery luck like you would not believe, but Parekh is far and away the LAST Dman the Blues should be grabbing in the 1st round, let alone with the 4th pick. Dickinson would almost definitely be the pick. A slight chance it's Yakemchuk or Silayev. Absolutely no smallish Dmen who can't defend, especially if it's a good 10 slots too high for the player.

The guy likely has Q.Hughes potential, and is a RD, (on the bigger side of offensive D-Man as well). You are likely underrating him quite a bit. But, if STL end up going for a more stable D, then I would think it would be Silayev. Personally, I don’t see the offensive talent in Dickinson as much as some others, but it still remains close. Time will tell which D comes out on top in this draft, it is extremely hard to tell right now
14 mars à 10 h 9
mokumboi
Quoting: Caufield
The guy likely has Q.Hughes potential, and is a RD, (on the bigger side of offensive D-Man as well). You are likely underrating him quite a bit. But, if STL end up going for a more stable D, then I would think it would be Silayev. Personally, I don’t see the offensive talent in Dickinson as much as some others, but it still remains close. Time will tell which D comes out on top in this draft, it is extremely hard to tell right now

It has nothing to do with underrating. It's the type of player required. Parekh is the exact opposite of that required type.

Besides, you're definitely overselling him (in what world is 175 pounds big for any Dman? Q Hughes???). He ain't the second best DMan in the class. I also have no idea how one could not see offense in Dickinson's game... is there a better goal threat creeping in from the point in this entire class? On that alone, he's a legit weapon.
14 mars à 10 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Reinbacher Josi 2.0
It has nothing to do with underrating. It's the type of player required. Parekh is the exact opposite of that required type.

Besides, you're definitely overselling him (in what world is 175 pounds big for any Dman? Q Hughes???). He ain't the second best DMan in the class. I also have no idea how one could not see offense in Dickinson's game... is there a better goal threat creeping in from the point in this entire class? On that alone, he's a legit weapon.

Not saying there is no offense in Dickinson, but likely looking at at 40 pt D, which is very good, but not as much as some others.
Weight is gainable, so by the time he’s 23, Parekh can be comfortably 185-190 while standing at 6”0, maybe even more if he has some growth left, decent frame. What he did this year should be enough to identify him has potential of 85 pts (Parekh that is). IMO, he should 100% go top 5.

I understand he could be not the ideal fit for STL though, just thought they would go for top end potential
Voice_Of_Thruth a aimé ceci.
14 mars à 10 h 31
mokumboi
Not saying there is no offense in Dickinson, but likely looking at at 40 pt D, which is very good, but not as much as some others.
Weight is gainable, so by the time he’s 23, Parekh can be comfortably 185-190 while standing at 6”0, maybe even more if he has some growth left, decent frame. What he did this year should be enough to identify him has potential of 85 pts (Parekh that is). IMO, he should 100% go top 5.

I understand he could be not the ideal fit for STL though, just thought they would go for top end potential

Heh. Points is certainly not the sole measure of top end potential. And even if he seamlessly gains 20 pounds, he's still below average size. But most of all, I think you're really underselling Dickinson a lot.
Caufield a aimé ceci.
14 mars à 10 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Reinbacher Josi 2.0
Heh. Points is certainly not the sole measure of top end potential. And even if he seamlessly gains 20 pounds, he's still below average size. But most of all, I think you're really underselling Dickinson a lot.

Sure, pts don’t say the whole story, but he isn’t getting lucky either, so he’s doing something really right offensively, and imo, will translate into the NHL.
I guess I’m underselling Dickinson as much as you are on Parekh.
14 mars à 10 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Reinbacher Josi 2.0

BTW, Parekh is listed at 181, so getting to 190 is 9 lbs gain, very easy for a professional athlete who is 5 years away from prime physical maturity
14 mars à 10 h 46
mokumboi
Modifié 14 mars à 13 h 12

I guess I’m underselling Dickinson as much as you are on Parekh.

I don't doubt that's possible, but I have not seen any prospect ranking that has Parekh anywhere near 4, his play is roundly described as irresponsible defensively. Whereas Dickinson is almost always top 5, because he's a far better skater (and Parekh certainly is not below average, so that's saying a lot) and really has no holes in his game.

I can definitely see how a Montreal fan would favor Parekh more at this time than a Blues fan would, but I'm struggling to connect with underselling Dickinson. He might actually be the most high floor sure thing in the whole draft.
14 mars à 11 h 46
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,333
San Jose has a big need for defense and have a long term build going on. As such, it only makes sense for them to fill their need at defenders first rather than forwards given the development time involved in a defensive prospect versus forward prospect.

Hawks probably are looking very closely at Levshunov, but he and Korchinski wouldn't be an ideal pairing as both are offensive D-men. Vlasic, who as a rookie is playing first line against the top competition and ranks top 5 in the league in the D zone (the only Hawks d man this season with positive analytics), would be much more ideal to pair up with Levshunov. Korchinski plays the 2nd line behind Vlasic.
14 mars à 11 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Reinbacher Josi 2.0
Quoting: ChiHawk
San Jose has a big need for defense and have a long term build going on. As such, it only makes sense for them to fill their need at defenders first rather than forwards given the development time involved in a defensive prospect versus forward prospect.

Hawks probably are looking very closely at Levshunov, but he and Korchinski wouldn't be an ideal pairing as both are offensive D-men. Vlasic, who as a rookie is playing first line against the top competition and ranks top 5 in the league in the D zone (the only Hawks d man this season with positive analytics), would be much more ideal to pair up with Levshunov. Korchinski plays the 2nd line behind Vlasic.

Lev is considered more of a 2-way D
14 mars à 12 h 0
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,333
Lev is considered more of a 2-way D

He's questionable in his own zone and his strengths weigh heavily to offensive output. Vlasic is a first line shut down guy and Korchinski struggles in his own zone. Vlasic and Levshunov would be a much better pairing.
Wadejos123 a aimé ceci.
14 mars à 12 h 40
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,036
Don't necessarily agree with some of the draft positions, but the fits seem right. Connelly to Washington and MBN to Detroit seem like solid guesses
14 mars à 12 h 43
Fall River Habs
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 335
I don't doubt that's possible, but I have not seen any prospect ranking that has Parekh anywhere near 4, his play is roundly described as irresponsible defensively. Whereas Dickinson is almost always top 5, because he's a far better skater (and Parekh certainly is not below average, so that's saying a lot) and really has no holes in his game.

I can definitely see how a Montreal fan would favor Parekh more than a Blues fan would, but I'm struggling to connect with underselling Dickinson. He might actually be the most high floor sure thing in the whole draft.

For what it is worth, Craig Button recently did a mock draft on TSN trade deadline day and he had Parekh at #2 overall. To be fair, though, i think that it is the only time I have seen anyone put Parekh that high. His right handedness certainly favours him over some of the lefties, but I am not sure by how much in the NHL teams' minds.
mokumboi a aimé ceci.
14 mars à 13 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Reinbacher Josi 2.0
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Don't necessarily agree with some of the draft positions, but the fits seem right. Connelly to Washington and MBN to Detroit seem like solid guesses

Just to be clear, this is not my rankings, just a mock draft. I think its very likely we see some reaches, especially for RDs
14 mars à 13 h 11
mokumboi
Quoting: KentMcNally
For what it is worth, Craig Button recently did a mock draft on TSN trade deadline day and he had Parekh at #2 overall. To be fair, though, i think that it is the only time I have seen anyone put Parekh that high. His right handedness certainly favours him over some of the lefties, but I am not sure by how much in the NHL teams' minds.

Heh. Craig Button. Makes total sense. grin
14 mars à 15 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Reinbacher Josi 2.0

I can definitely see how a Montreal fan would favor Parekh more at this time than a Blues fan would, but I'm struggling to connect with underselling Dickinson. He might actually be the most high floor sure thing in the whole draft.

Would not be surprised if Parekh shot up late in the rankings. Dickinson reminds me of Simashev, who is a great prospect tbf. The only thing is, Simashev's Defensiveness is superior imo, and the point total from each player may be similar. Personally, I'd rank Simashev over Dickinson.

For the fun of it, here is my defense ranking of the last 2 drafts (IK, I placed ASP freakishly high 3 days ago, let's ignore and move on):
1. Lev
2. Parekh
3. Silayev
4. Reinbacher
5. Simashev
6. Buium
7. Dickinson
8. Yakemchuk
9. ASP
10. Willander
mokumboi a aimé ceci.
14 mars à 15 h 52
mokumboi
Would not be surprised if Parekh shot up late in the rankings. Dickinson reminds me of Simashev, who is a great prospect tbf. The only thing is, Simashev's Defensiveness is superior imo, and the point total from each player may be similar. Personally, I'd rank Simashev over Dickinson.

For the fun of it, here is my defense ranking of the last 2 drafts (IK, I placed ASP freakishly high 3 days ago, let's ignore and move on):
1. Lev
2. Parekh
3. Silayev
4. Reinbacher
5. Simashev
6. Buium
7. Dickinson
8. Yakemchuk
9. ASP
10. Willander

Yeah, my top 10 would be very different. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure Parekh cracks the top 10.
14 mars à 16 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Reinbacher Josi 2.0
Yeah, my top 10 would be very different. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure Parekh cracks the top 10.

So what are we looking at?
14 mars à 16 h 10
mokumboi

Don't have time to make a list right at this moment (or rather the weather is finally too good to stay inside while the sun is out), but I can later. Gonna take the dog for a hike. However, it's pretty clear we're valuing different traits at different levels - it's not good or bad or better or worse, but definitely different profiles. So yeah, it'll probably be very different. I can promise that there will a 23 higher than fourth, and that Dickinson will be first or second not fifth among 24s.
Caufield a aimé ceci.
14 mars à 18 h 31
Stovetop
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 864
Quoting: ChiHawk

Sharks are actually super deep on the Left side. They specifically need RHD (desperately). So yeah they'd absolutely be taking Levshunov or Yakemcyuk if the miss out on Celebrini. I also think Lindstrom is crazy overrated. If he's there with the PIT pick (assuming it doesn't get transferred to 2025) I'd be ok with that, but i'd prefer to trade up to get Catton.
ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
14 mars à 19 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Reinbacher Josi 2.0
Quoting: AStovetop
Sharks are actually super deep on the Left side. They specifically need RHD (desperately). So yeah they'd absolutely be taking Levshunov or Yakemcyuk if the miss out on Celebrini. I also think Lindstrom is crazy overrated. If he's there with the PIT pick (assuming it doesn't get transferred to 2025) I'd be ok with that, but i'd prefer to trade up to get Catton.

Nah, MTL got Catton locked in 😉
14 mars à 23 h 2
mokumboi

I could slide a few of these names around a spot or two (Jiricek might be a little higher if he was already back in fitness/form), but as of today with a quick think this is pretty close to my top 15 ranking. Obviously, more all-around guys are generally going to land ahead of straight offensive Dmen.

Simashev
Reinbacher
Dickinson
Levshunov
Silayev
Willander
Yakemchuk
Buium
Bonk
Lindstein
Molendyk
ASP
Parekh
Jiricek
Strbak
Caufield a aimé ceci.
14 mars à 23 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Reinbacher Josi 2.0
I could slide a few of these names around a spot or two (Jiricek might be a little higher if he was already back in fitness/form), but as of today with a quick think this is pretty close to my top 15 ranking. Obviously, more all-around guys are generally going to land ahead of straight offensive Dmen.

Simashev
Reinbacher
Dickinson
Levshunov
Silayev
Willander
Yakemchuk
Buium
Bonk
Lindstein
Molendyk
ASP
Parekh
Jiricek
Strbak

Obviously very different from my list, but I don’t hate it. Lev under Reinbacher is definitely an interesting take though. Lev seems to have Hedman-like potential. Probably won’t quite get there, but still
15 mars à 0 h 8
mokumboi
Obviously very different from my list, but I don’t hate it. Lev under Reinbacher is definitely an interesting take though. Lev seems to have Hedman-like potential. Probably won’t quite get there, but still

To me, Reinbacher looks eerily like Petro at that age. I agree Hedman is a good comp for Lev, but I do worry about his defending a little.
Caufield a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage