Forums/Armchair-GM

Rebuilding while staying competitive

Créé par: MW6
Équipe: 2023-24 Capitals de Washington
Date de création initiale: 2 mars 2024
Publié: 3 mars 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This is a lot of shuffling but would improve all the involved parties.

Ken Holland drafted Mantha, who’s having a resurgence year and playing for a new contract. This bumps Janmark down to 3rd and Dowd improves their bottom-6 a lot! He’ll also be there for next years playoffs. Lots of retention allows for more moves if necessary for Edmonton.

Edmundson is to whomever needs a cheap, physical depth defenseman with a cup-ring.

Colorado needs a 2C and Strome is IMO the best realistic option. Signed to a good contract for 4 more years, right age, producing consistently. Fever is used to heavy minutes, kills penalties, hits, skates fast, signed cheap. Not the upside of Byram which is why Wsh sacrifices those pieces, even though Byram has an iffy injury history, to make him the main man on the backend. Caps also takes Johansen off their hands for next year.

Necas is rumored to be available, probably because he’s asking for to much money and Carolina will need a lot of cap space to keep their core pieces. Lindgren, Milano and Orlov’s former partner Jensen are either really good depth or cheap replacements this year or next if they can’t come to terms with some of their pending UFA’s. + the 2 1sts and Alexeyev (former 1st). Caps puts Necas at front and center of their rebuild and also takes back Raanta and Deangelo to make it cap neutral.

Kaliyev’s occasionally been healthy scratched for a while now and might benefit from a fresh start and seems like a player Caps might gamble on. Kings get a 2nd + Pacioretty (assuming he waives) for this cup run.
Transactions
WSH
  1. Broberg, Philip
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Dowd, Nic (650 000 $ retained)
  2. Mantha, Anthony (2 850 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
A 3rd team retains $1,4250,000 on Mantha which adds a total of $2,075,000 of caphit to Edmonton
WSH
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
TOR
  1. Edmundson, Joel (875 000 $ retained)
LAK
  1. Pacioretty, Max
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2025 (COL)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de BOS
Logo de WSH
Logo de TOR
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de BOS
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $69 205 000 $20 000 $1 457 500 $14 295 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Capitals de Washington
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
5 166 667 $5 166 667 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
789 167 $789 167 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AD, AG, C
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $
AG, C
RFA - 1
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
AD, AG
RFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance232 500 $$232K)
C
RFA - 2
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
C
UFA - 2
1 225 000 $1 225 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
870 000 $870 000 $ (Bonis de performance80 000 $$80K)
AD
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
3 850 000 $3 850 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
RFA - 1
2 062 500 $2 062 500 $
DD
UFA - 2
1 675 000 $1 675 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
9 200 000 $9 200 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
3 mars à 11 h 25
Hockey Fiend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 41
The Kaliyev & Broberg trades make sense, not a fan of the other trades.
3 mars à 11 h 45
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 488
Canes pass, doesn't really make us any better right now.
3 mars à 11 h 47
GM_MZ_WSH
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 122
Why would we give up 4 players and 2 first rounders for a guy sent to the AHL this year, a horrible and toxic player in Deangelo, and 1 good 2nd liner
Capitals_O et MVC a aimé ceci.
3 mars à 11 h 54
New GM
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 98
Quoting: Capitals_O
The Kaliyev & Broberg trades make sense, not a fan of the other trades.

Kings don't have cap space
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
3 mars à 12 h 8
Hockey Fiend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 41
Quoting: MMB

Fair enough
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
3 mars à 12 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23
[
Quoting: MMB

Quoting: Capitals_O
Fair enough

Caps can find a team for a late round pick to retain 1M
Capitals_O a aimé ceci.
3 mars à 13 h 35
Lets Get Kraken
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,473
What about that package actually makes the Canes better? Swapping Raanta and Lindgren is whatever, but the Canes aren’t in any need for a goalie. TDA has been fine this season. I’m guessing his inclusion would be for contract limits. Alexeyev really doesn’t do much for the Canes, and neither does Milano. Jensen is definitely interesting, and so are the 2 1sts, but again, doesn’t really make the Canes any better now, and actively worsens the offense problem.

If Necas is moved, it’s for a forward upgrade with term. If a team is only going to offer futures, I would imagine since it’s not helpful now, the package would have to be a bit more of an overpayment to really get the Canes to bite. Canes need Necas’ offense now more than they need a pile of futures.
3 mars à 13 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: GM_MZ_WSH
Why would we give up 4 players and 2 first rounders for a guy sent to the AHL this year, a horrible and toxic player in Deangelo, and 1 good 2nd liner

Deangelo is a cap dump who’ll be off the roster ASAP, it was just to handle the Canes cap space as Necas definitely has 1C upside and had 70+ points last season. My opinion is that he’s worth that price. Question is if that’s enough for Canes to pull the trigger.
3 mars à 14 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: evelutions2
What about that package actually makes the Canes better? Swapping Raanta and Lindgren is whatever, but the Canes aren’t in any need for a goalie. TDA has been fine this season. I’m guessing his inclusion would be for contract limits. Alexeyev really doesn’t do much for the Canes, and neither does Milano. Jensen is definitely interesting, and so are the 2 1sts, but again, doesn’t really make the Canes any better now, and actively worsens the offense problem.

If Necas is moved, it’s for a forward upgrade with term. If a team is only going to offer futures, I would imagine since it’s not helpful now, the package would have to be a bit more of an overpayment to really get the Canes to bite. Canes need Necas’ offense now more than they need a pile of futures.

I won’t argue against you because I’m sure you know the Canes better than me. And it may not be an instant upgrade like you said.
I don’t think that forward is available though (unless you have someone in mind?). But Jarvis to the 2nd line and Milano on the 3rd, with Orlov/Jensen as 3rd pair seems like at least not a worse lineup. Lindgren has been steeling games all season behind a really up and down Caps team. He’d probably be the 2nd best backup in the playoffs if he isn’t outplaying Kotchetkov.
I haven’t seen Raanta this year but is he reliable enough to step in if Kotchetkov is injured?

But if there’s a better offer or the Canes like to go into the offseason with the uncertainty of having to fit Teravainen, Necas, Drury, Martinook, Pesce, Skeji, Jarvis, Noesen, a backup goalie and one more player with $32M then this doesn’t make sense.
Milano at 1.9M, Lindgren at 1.1M and Jensen at 4.05M adds certainties going forward and allows the Canes to play a a little more hard ball in negotiations.
3 mars à 14 h 51
Lets Get Kraken
Quoting: MW6
I won’t argue against you because I’m sure you know the Canes better than me. And it may not be an instant upgrade like you said.
I don’t think that forward is available though (unless you have someone in mind?). But Jarvis to the 2nd line and Milano on the 3rd, with Orlov/Jensen as 3rd pair seems like at least not a worse lineup. Lindgren has been steeling games all season behind a really up and down Caps team. He’d probably be the 2nd best backup in the playoffs if he isn’t outplaying Kotchetkov.
I haven’t seen Raanta this year but is he reliable enough to step in if Kotchetkov is injured?

But if there’s a better offer or the Canes like to go into the offseason with the uncertainty of having to fit Teravainen, Necas, Drury, Martinook, Pesce, Skeji, Jarvis, Noesen, a backup goalie and one more player with $32M then this doesn’t make sense.
Milano at 1.9M, Lindgren at 1.1M and Jensen at 4.05M adds certainties going forward and allows the Canes to play a a little more hard ball in negotiations.

For the goalies, Kochetkov has been amazing, particularly since the new year. Martin has been an insane pickup off the waiver wire, especially with the quality opponents he has been played against, and Freddie is expected to be back around now. So assuming they move Raanta, Lindgren isn’t going to be playing, so it doesn’t make sense to bring in a goalie. Jensen would be a decent pickup, though I would imagine the Canes would like salary retention to mitigate some of the risk that his age brings, as well as open up a little more cap space. Again those 2 1sts are nice, but unless the Canes use them in a trade, they don’t help now. The Canes biggest problem in the playoffs is offense drying up, though a healthy roster should help the Canes this year. But if the Canes do this, who are they replacing Necas’ offense (70+ points) with? Milano if the canes are lucky might put up 20-25 points. That is still about a 50 point drop off that isn’t being replaced.

Cup windows are finite, whether they are long or short is up to management. Canes want as long of a cup window as they can get. If the Canes don’t move Necas for a forward upgrade, like they need, then a futures package would have to be a considerable overpayment rather than just keeping Necas, especially if it’s a move within the division. Outside of Jensen, the Canes wouldn’t be acquiring much certainty at all with regards as to what they are giving up.
3 mars à 15 h 33
Démarrer sujet
For the goalies, Kochetkov has been amazing, particularly since the new year. Martin has been an insane pickup off the waiver wire, especially with the quality opponents he has been played against, and Freddie is expected to be back around now. So assuming they move Raanta, Lindgren isn’t going to be playing, so it doesn’t make sense to bring in a goalie. Jensen would be a decent pickup, though I would imagine the Canes would like salary retention to mitigate some of the risk that his age brings, as well as open up a little more cap space. Again those 2 1sts are nice, but unless the Canes use them in a trade, they don’t help now. The Canes biggest problem in the playoffs is offense drying up, though a healthy roster should help the Canes this year. But if the Canes do this, who are they replacing Necas’ offense (70+ points) with? Milano if the canes are lucky might put up 20-25 points. That is still about a 50 point drop off that isn’t being replaced.

Cup windows are finite, whether they are long or short is up to management. Canes want as long of a cup window as they can get. If the Canes don’t move Necas for a forward upgrade, like they need, then a futures package would have to be a considerable overpayment rather than just keeping Necas, especially if it’s a move within the division. Outside of Jensen, the Canes wouldn’t be acquiring much certainty at all with regards as to what they are giving up.

All fair points, it’ll be interesting to see how things shake out for the Canes this offseason.

From your point of view, is there a trade with that Caps that moves Necas to the Caps with Ryan Leonard as the only untouchable piece?
3 mars à 15 h 54
Lets Get Kraken
All fair points, it’ll be interesting to see how things shake out for the Canes this offseason.

From your point of view, is there a trade with that Caps that moves Necas to the Caps with Ryan Leonard as the only untouchable piece?

Considering where the Caps currently are, they don’t have any roster players who would make sense to move Necas for. The only prospects that would draw serious interest from the Canes would likely be between Cristall and Leonard, and the Caps are unlikely to move either. Realistically, I don’t think there is deal where both teams end up happy. Besides, the Caps acquiring Necas really doesn’t make sense with how they are entering a rebuild.
3 mars à 16 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Considering where the Caps currently are, they don’t have any roster players who would make sense to move Necas for. The only prospects that would draw serious interest from the Canes would likely be between Cristall and Leonard, and the Caps are unlikely to move either. Realistically, I don’t think there is deal where both teams end up happy. Besides, the Caps acquiring Necas really doesn’t make sense with how they are entering a rebuild.

What about something around Tom Wilson for Necas?
3 mars à 16 h 37
Lets Get Kraken
What about something around Tom Wilson for Necas?

With Wilson being the next Caps captain, he is unlikely to be traded. The only upgrade that Wilson would be over Necas would be physicality, and frankly, with his contract, it’s just not worth it. I don’t see the Canes and Caps being trade partners for Necas. Between not being in a position to trade away high end assets and not having the assets the Canes would want, I don’t think there is a fit.
3 mars à 16 h 47
Démarrer sujet
With Wilson being the next Caps captain, he is unlikely to be traded. The only upgrade that Wilson would be over Necas would be physicality, and frankly, with his contract, it’s just not worth it. I don’t see the Canes and Caps being trade partners for Necas. Between not being in a position to trade away high end assets and not having the assets the Canes would want, I don’t think there is a fit.

I understand it’s unlikely as well, I’m thinking purely value wise.
This is just for fun you know, are you not gonna suggest a counterproposal?

That physicality and leadership along with being a great PK’er, giving teammates more courage, getting opponents to focus on wrong things might be exactly what the Canes need in the playoffs.
3 mars à 17 h 20
Lets Get Kraken
I understand it’s unlikely as well, I’m thinking purely value wise.
This is just for fun you know, are you not gonna suggest a counterproposal?

That physicality and leadership along with being a great PK’er, giving teammates more courage, getting opponents to focus on wrong things might be exactly what the Canes need in the playoffs.

The problem is the Canes need offense in the playoffs. Wilson doesn’t provide that much offense. How about Wilson, Cristall, and a 1st for Necas (with 8x7mil extension), Ponomarev, TDA (cap purposes), Gunler, and Heimosalmi?
3 mars à 17 h 31
Démarrer sujet
The problem is the Canes need offense in the playoffs. Wilson doesn’t provide that much offense. How about Wilson, Cristall, and a 1st for Necas (with 8x7mil extension), Ponomarev, TDA (cap purposes), Gunler, and Heimosalmi?

The thing with Wilson is the he isn’t always the one putting up the points, but he causes turnovers, screens goalies, makes defenders caugh up the puck because they’re scared of getting hit. So he generates team-offense.

Cristall is a hard sell (not impossible) with the season he’s having, and I don’t know anything about the additional pieces added so to me it just make things really messy and hard to gauge. Is it possible to scale it down? I like the foundation though. Is that what Necas is rumored to be asking for in his next contract?
3 mars à 17 h 47
Lets Get Kraken
The thing with Wilson is the he isn’t always the one putting up the points, but he causes turnovers, screens goalies, makes defenders caugh up the puck because they’re scared of getting hit. So he generates team-offense.

Cristall is a hard sell (not impossible) with the season he’s having, and I don’t know anything about the additional pieces added so to me it just make things really messy and hard to gauge. Is it possible to scale it down? I like the foundation though. Is that what Necas is rumored to be asking for in his next contract?

How I was breaking it down was Wilson and a 1st for Necas with an extension. 8 years at somewhere around 6-7.5mil is likely what he gets. As for the rest, Cristall for Ponomarev, Gunler, and Heimosalmi. Ponomarev is a quality C prospect, likely ends up as a 2C, but he might have low end 1C potential. Gunler is a decent winger who has middle 6/2nd line upside, and Heimosalmi is projected to be a pure shutdown D. Canes might have to add a bit to get Cristall though.
3 mars à 18 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Makes more sense now, but in my mind that’s two separate trades with the second one feeling unnecessary at least for now with so many players still finding out who they are and how good they’ll be. And frankly, an extension in place for Necas is nice, but not necessary since they’ll hold his rights and can negotiate on their own. Wilson and a 1st sounds a little rich for Necas, but if Canes add a 2nd I’m fine with it. How does that sound?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage