Forums/Armchair-GM

Does anyone feel a Draft in here

Créé par: jonh514
Équipe: 2025-26 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 11 févr. 2024
Publié: 11 févr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Demidov is so good. That maintained puck handling at full separation speed is really impressive. I love the way once he's in all alone, he attacks the net. He loves to get in tight on goalies and dangle them. I hope we land him somehow.

I also like that his KHL deal is up in 2024-25, hence this post. Here's hoping he does not sign another one and comes over ASAP, because with his finishing ability and Dach's transition play, we will have a hell of a lineup!
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
31 000 000 $
31 000 000 $
11 000 000 $
21 000 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
87 850 000 $
87 000 000 $
21 500 000 $
21 500 000 $
11 400 000 $
21 400 000 $
11 400 000 $
31 000 000 $
32 000 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Demidov, Ivan
31 000 000 $
Transactions
MTL
ANA
  1. Harris, Jordan [Droits de RFA]
  2. Harvey-Pinard, Rafaël [Droits de RFA]
  3. Matheson, Michael
Détails additionnels:
Traded anywhere for whatever reasonable return
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de WPG
Logo de COL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MIN
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de SJS
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de WSH
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de PIT
Logo de MTL
Logo de VAN
Logo de MTL
Logo de DET
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2392 000 000 $68 650 833 $0 $1 500 000 $23 349 167 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 6
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 5
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
AD, AG
RFA
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
3 362 500 $3 362 500 $
C, AD
RFA - 1
Demidov, Ivan
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
835 000 $835 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
885 000 $885 000 $
C
RFA - 1
918 333 $918 333 $
AD, C
RFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
RFA
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C
RFA
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
RFA
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
DG/DD
RFA
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 500 000 $$2M)
DD
RFA - 1
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
G
UFA - 2
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG
RFA
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DD
RFA
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
RFA
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG/DD
RFA
875 000 $875 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
11 févr. à 5 h 24
Jesus Christ Is King
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 723
131 Junior players in the KHL right now due to lack of players signing in Russia
Almost half the AHL is 21 or under when in years past 23-24 woulda been one of the youngest teams on average

If KHL Goaltending is so weak 50 year old Nikolai Khabibulin came out of retirement after a Decade
How bad do you think the Goaltending got on Average in the leagues below it ?

Demidov reminds me of Joe Sakic's little Brother
He was SO GOOD! at the Junior level during a time Canada had a lot more Canadians choosing NCAA over Junior like Paul Kariya did.
What we thought was God Mode level of Play turned out to be situational.

A more Recent Example of Situational Value is Drouin with and without Mckinnon
Without he's an NHL player but barely a 1st round guy if you re-draft ,depending on your team that can be even Lower.
But beside Mckinnon you see why teams thought he was worth the Gamble in the top 5 of the NHL draft.

I've watched Russian Hockey since i heard about a 14 year old Romanov practicing with a Championship KHL team a decade ago
I've seen a lot of things get reported wrong by people who dont watch the games.
Demidov's good but 133 players from Junior were good enough for the KHL, like 1/2 the VHL (Russian AHL) has Junior level players.
In fact 36 players i believe it was are Demidovs age and in the KHL but he couldnt hang with the big boys.

Being really good in a bad Development league is like being the most Well Hung Monk in a Tibetan Monastery, a lot of hype given the Impact it will have.
11 févr. à 6 h 25
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 333
not gonna lie the KHL is sketchy right now.

Not only do you have the level of play that is concerning. But can you even get him out? They have blocked the boarders for men his age.
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
11 févr. à 6 h 41
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,039
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
not gonna lie the KHL is sketchy right now.

Not only do you have the level of play that is concerning. But can you even get him out? They have blocked the boarders for men his age.

In politics, a lot can change and will change in 18 months.

As for the skill at the MHL level, I would put it at least on par with the OHL. If a kid in the OHL was doing what Demidov is doing, he would be in contention to be 1st overall.

He just plays at a higher speed than the rest of them and he's extremely skilled. Yes he will TOTALLY have to reign it in once he hits the NHL, but he drives every play for his line and the puck sticks to him. The way he attacks the net... Have you watched his highlights? Even if he's alone on a medium danger chance, he carries the puck to the high danger area, dekes a defender, dekes the goalie, and scores.
11 févr. à 6 h 51
SkateOrDie
Quoting: jonh514
In politics, a lot can change and will change in 18 months.

As for the skill at the MHL level, I would put it at least on par with the OHL. If a kid in the OHL was doing what Demidov is doing, he would be in contention to be 1st overall.

He just plays at a higher speed than the rest of them and he's extremely skilled. Yes he will TOTALLY have to reign it in once he hits the NHL, but he drives every play for his line and the puck sticks to him. The way he attacks the net... Have you watched his highlights? Even if he's alone on a medium danger chance, he carries the puck to the high danger area, dekes a defender, dekes the goalie, and scores.

I don't agree with the skill level comparison. OHL is basically every younger player in Canada and some other countries sprinkled in.
A hand full go to the NCAA and the NHL.
But in Russia, it's more than a handful have been moved up. I would be like talking the top 100+ players out of the CHL and then saying, ok, it's the same level as before right?
The best players were all sent to the KHL to fill ranks, because no one will go there to play. Its like a par down OHL.
Even that is a sketchy description of it because god knows how many guys have bolted out the country when they could.
You probably got a russian hockey team in Georgia or the UAE right now.
They say millions of people have fled, basically anyone who could.

So I'm not sure what to tell you other than I'm sketchy on the competition level over there at the moment.
Could he be really good, sure, but hell he's not even getting KHL level minutes at the moment.
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
11 févr. à 8 h 27
Fall River Habs
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 335
Interesting points about the KHL on here which I had not considered before. My question is, though, shouldn’t one still give credit to all of the scouts etc who consistently rank Demidov in the top 5 of the draft when the people who put out their online drafts (the Bob MacKenzies, Craig Buttons, Scott Wheelers etc.) ask them (presumably) before they write their articles. Those articles usually rave about his skills, regardless of the league he is in.
jonh514 a aimé ceci.
11 févr. à 8 h 41
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
I don't agree with the skill level comparison. OHL is basically every younger player in Canada and some other countries sprinkled in.
A hand full go to the NCAA and the NHL.
But in Russia, it's more than a handful have been moved up. I would be like talking the top 100+ players out of the CHL and then saying, ok, it's the same level as before right?
The best players were all sent to the KHL to fill ranks, because no one will go there to play. Its like a par down OHL.
Even that is a sketchy description of it because god knows how many guys have bolted out the country when they could.
You probably got a russian hockey team in Georgia or the UAE right now.
They say millions of people have fled, basically anyone who could.

So I'm not sure what to tell you other than I'm sketchy on the competition level over there at the moment.
Could he be really good, sure, but hell he's not even getting KHL level minutes at the moment.

Interesting topic. I don't agree that it's the top 100 MHL players though. It may be the ones that are most physically mature, but they could still be role players.

For example, Mitchell Stephens played half the season in Montreal. It's not because he's more skilled than Roy, Farrell, Kidney... It's because he can fill the role and it won't "spoil his development" to rush him.
11 févr. à 9 h 29
SkateOrDie
Interesting topic. I don't agree that it's the top 100 MHL players though. It may be the ones that are most physically mature, but they could still be role players.

For example, Mitchell Stephens played half the season in Montreal. It's not because he's more skilled than Roy, Farrell, Kidney... It's because he can fill the role and it won't "spoil his development" to rush him.

either way it's a talent drain that effects the level of play.
I mean I can't just hit a button and compare rosters now to before over there and really see.
But I do know it's very different from what it was.
I know if the KHL is not the league it use to be, than the minor league isn't either. It's a trickle down effect.
11 févr. à 10 h 22
Démarrer sujet
HuGo is a Boss GM
either way it's a talent drain that effects the level of play.
I mean I can't just hit a button and compare rosters now to before over there and really see.
But I do know it's very different from what it was.
I know if the KHL is not the league it use to be, than the minor league isn't either. It's a trickle down effect.

Maybe. I would agress that more competition is better than less. I know it's been reported a lot that leagues like the Swiss NL is significantly improved at the expense of the KHL.

I'm not sure I believe it though. I've watched a few Kloten games and I've never seen anyone do what Demidov is doing.
LuckyMoneyPuck a aimé ceci.
11 févr. à 10 h 40
SkateOrDie
Maybe. I would agress that more competition is better than less. I know it's been reported a lot that leagues like the Swiss NL is significantly improved at the expense of the KHL.

I'm not sure I believe it though. I've watched a few Kloten games and I've never seen anyone do what Demidov is doing.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the euro leagues are better as far as their competition level is concerned now. I'm sure some of those guys want to keep playing and had to play somewhere.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage