Forums/Armchair-GM

Something seems to be going down lmk avs fans

Créé par: Kravtsov_Stan
Équipe: 2023-24 Rangers de New York
Date de création initiale: 7 févr. 2024
Publié: 7 févr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
For the last few weeks the Rangers and Avalanche have been scouting eachother a good bit.

This isn't a trade more so just brainstorming possible peices that could be going both ways.

Kakko - would play well in Colorado's system and has been training with Rantenen and Lehkonen for the last few seasons. Rumored to be on the outs for the rangers

Johansen - had the best seasons of his career with headcoach Peter Laviolette and has struggled with Colorado who have been rumored to be looking to move him for cap space. Rangers need a center and some have sold for high values already. Id be very curious what Johansen's value is as a player who has a year left on a contract the team considers an overpay. Is it a cap dump? Or is it just low value? Is there retention?

Ryan Lindgren - I sorta doubt this one because of his role on the team but if Drury thinks Lindgren is asking for too much money then its possible he might want to trade him out for a player he feels better about. This would only work if Drury has another trade lined up that he can get a top 4 LD

Byram - Again like Lingren I doubt he gets traded although I have seen some Avs fans float his name out there. The rangers badly wanted him in 2019 and even offered Kreider+ for the 4OA pick that year. Byram has struggled a bit but I'm still not sure Colorado would want to give up on him yet.
Transactions
NYR
  1. Byram, Bowen
  2. Johansen, Ryan
Détails additionnels:
Any other players who Colorado would ship out?
COL
  1. Kakko, Kaapo
  2. Lindgren, Ryan
Détails additionnels:
Any other NYR players that would make sense for Colorado?
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de DAL
Logo de NYR
Logo de MIN
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de VAN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $81 866 583 $610 892 $882 500 $1 633 417 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Rangers de New York
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 3
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
C, AD
NMC
UFA - 6
2 325 000 $2 325 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 4
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 7
800 000 $800 000 $ (Bonis de performance300 000 $$300K)
AD
NTC
UFA - 1
828 333 $828 333 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AG
RFA - 2
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
C
UFA - 1
3 641 667 $3 641 667 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
787 500 $787 500 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
3 850 000 $3 850 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
3 872 000 $3 872 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 3
825 000 $825 000 $ (Bonis de performance100 000 $$100K)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
812 500 $812 500 $
DG
RFA - 2
4 437 500 $4 437 500 $
C, AG
UFA - 4
766 667 $766 667 $
C
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
7 févr. à 12 h 9
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14,517
"Drury hangs up the phone after punching your wife.
kakko is incredible despite producing nothing."

"Actually Byram would be a #1 defensemen on 31 other teams. Don't worry about his debilitating injuries or performance"

No need to read further comments
7 févr. à 12 h 13
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,573
Doozy of a young top pairing for NYR but I don't see a piece on the Rangers that makes sense for the Avs. No young or long term signed 2C to trade, so unless the Avs had that lined up elsewhere it wouldn't have any logic to it. Trochek would be ideal but he basically signed with the Rangers because he wanted to stay east IIRC. Zib would be too expensive to acquire (and too big a cap hit), and Goodrow isn't good enough. There also aren't any prospect C's in the Rangers organisation that I can think of that are ready to make the jump.

Lindgren makes zero sense as that's arguably a downgrade and costs the Avs more as they have to re-sign him. Kakko (aside from friendship) is a bad fit as the Avs don't need wingers.
7 févr. à 12 h 14
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Neither of those guys make much sense for the Avs imo. RW is full with Rantanen, one of Nichushkin/Lehkonen, O'Connor, and Kovalenko once his KHL season is over, and LD is stacked with Toews Girard and Byram. I dont see the point in moving Byram out just to replace him with another LD

Unless Chytil or Trocheck were available then I dont really see the fit, and I doubt NYR would trade Trocheck and Chytil is out for the year
TJTwolf, Kravtsov_Stan, MeetYourMakar and 2 others a aimé ceci.
7 févr. à 12 h 15
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Quoting: TJTwolf
Doozy of a young top pairing for NYR but I don't see a piece on the Rangers that makes sense for the Avs. No young or long term signed 2C to trade, so unless the Avs had that lined up elsewhere it wouldn't have any logic to it. Trochek would be ideal but he basically signed with the Rangers because he wanted to stay east IIRC. Zib would be too expensive to acquire (and too big a cap hit), and Goodrow isn't good enough. There also aren't any prospect C's in the Rangers organisation that I can think of that are ready to make the jump.

Chytil would be nice but hes out for the year
TJTwolf et MeetYourMakar a aimé ceci.
7 févr. à 12 h 17
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,573
Quoting: UpsideDownQue
Chytil would be nice but hes out for the year

Yeah, if he was still there then sure, but otherwise nothing that makes sense.

They would also have been scouting each other prior to playing each other.
MeetYourMakar a aimé ceci.
7 févr. à 12 h 21
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 908
Rumor is something along the lines of Kakko/X for 2024 1st and Johansen.
7 févr. à 12 h 27
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,444
Quoting: hero9154

I could see some logic in that.
MeetYourMakar et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
7 févr. à 12 h 29
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 673
Quoting: hero9154

Just take Johansen if you want him. Could you see parting with a fifth? He's not quite a cap dump to the right team where he'd fit better, not sure if that's NYR. So it's not unreasonable in that situation to see a low pick coming back. The Avs should take that return from anywhere and figure out how else to get a center.
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
7 févr. à 13 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Kravtsov_Stan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 655
Yeah, if he was still there then sure, but otherwise nothing that makes sense.

They would also have been scouting each other prior to playing each other.

The scouting seems a little more serious than regular season prep for teams that play each other 2 times a year. Especially with McFarland coming to a few NYR games
kitkat_2001 et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
7 févr. à 13 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Kravtsov_Stan

Lindgren makes zero sense as that's arguably a downgrade and costs the Avs more as they have to re-sign him. Kakko (aside from friendship) is a bad fit as the Avs don't need wingers.

This is the only way it makes sense for me. Might be something where Colorado has a deal lined up for a guy like Henrique and the rangers take on a pick, Johansen and give up Kakko or some other piece. I also think it would make sense because Dolan wants the rangers to have a first for the draft in the sphere this year and if Drury wants to add another winger or any other piece he could flip Colorado's pick (whatever round its in).
Anus_McLeod et TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
7 févr. à 13 h 35
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,039
That is imaginary. COL needs centers so they are going to trade the best player in the deal and trade a center? Get real. COL second biggest need is back up goalie. The last thing they need is another winger. This helps the Rangers a lot and doesn’t help COL at all.
7 févr. à 13 h 38
Quoting: Kravtsov_Stan
The scouting seems a little more serious than regular season prep for teams that play each other 2 times a year. Especially with McFarland coming to a few NYR games

COL front office and the NYR front office are friendly and they have traded change of scenery prospects in the past. But no matter how you try to spin it COL’s 2 biggest needs are center and back up goalie, the Rangers don’t have a center to spare.
7 févr. à 13 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Kravtsov_Stan
Quoting: Xqb15a
COL front office and the NYR front office are friendly and they have traded change of scenery prospects in the past. But no matter how you try to spin it COL’s 2 biggest needs are center and back up goalie, the Rangers don’t have a center to spare.

The point of the deal would not be a one and done. If this is a trade that happens it is almost definite the trade would be to get rid of some cap and go out and get a guy like Henrique and a back up

Colorado needs centers, but they also dont have any cap space to acquire a center or a backup. If they want space it makes sense to move out Johansen
7 févr. à 13 h 58
The point of the deal would not be a one and done. If this is a trade that happens it is almost definite the trade would be to get rid of some cap and go out and get a guy like Henrique and a back up

Colorado needs centers, but they also dont have any cap space to acquire a center or a backup. If they want space it makes sense to move out Johansen

That’s like **** ding dong ditch, you’re going to trade a 22yr old top 4 dman who has been a stud in the playoffs for cap space for a bad fit pending UFA center. The Avs have Kovalenko coming in a month so why would they want Kakko at all? I’m not saying COL and NYR don’t make a trade I am saying there is zero chance COL trades a top 4 dman during the season and an even smaller chance they trade a top 4 dman and don’t get a 2c in return.
7 févr. à 14 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Kravtsov_Stan
Quoting: Xqb15a
That’s like **** ding dong ditch, you’re going to trade a 22yr old top 4 dman who has been a stud in the playoffs for cap space for a bad fit pending UFA center. The Avs have Kovalenko coming in a month so why would they want Kakko at all? I’m not saying COL and NYR don’t make a trade I am saying there is zero chance COL trades a top 4 dman during the season and an even smaller chance they trade a top 4 dman and don’t get a 2c in return.

Dude you didnt read my post, I said I thought it was very unlikely that Byram gets moved. I was just trying to think of any possible players these teams could be scouting. I think that if there is a trade its most likely something along the lines of Johansen and a pick (first or second) for Kakko/another asset that wont add to Colorados cap if they dont want a winger
7 févr. à 15 h 19
B
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,439
We're both looking for a decent C, not a match. We'd pass here also

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage