SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Jdsjmssj

Créé par: Dom1422
Publié: 5 févr. à 16 h 54
Plafond salarial: 83 500 000 $
Journées à la saison: 73/192 (38%)
Détermination du registraire central: Cette transaction a rempli les différents critères exigés par le registraire central de la LNH.

Logo de Red Wings de DetroitRed Wings de Detroit

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Berggren, JonatanExempté du ballottageRed Wings de DetroitMineures-0 $011---9235--
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Barron, JustinExempté du ballottageCanadiens de MontréalMineures-0 $011---416612--
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial2 758 050 $2247783613
Variation0 $000000
Final2 758 050 $2247783613437

Logo de Canadiens de MontréalCanadiens de Montréal

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Barron, JustinExempté du ballottageCanadiens de MontréalMineures-0 $011---416612--
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Berggren, JonatanExempté du ballottageRed Wings de DetroitMineures-0 $011---9235--
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial6 489 167 $2245715916
Variation0 $000000
Final6 489 167 $2245715916-4-3-7
5 févr. à 17 h 0
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1
I like this trade. As a Habs fan, I think we need a forward and Barron can be good to trade away.
Dom1422 a aimé ceci.
5 févr. à 17 h 45
Prime Primeau
Rejoint: avr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 2,198
STOP F*****G TRADING BARRON!!!!!!!!!
5 févr. à 18 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 285
Quoting: GuyGuyGuy
STOP F*****G TRADING BARRON!!!!!!!!!

Long term there is no spot. I like Barron, but it makes sense.
5 févr. à 19 h 7
Prime Primeau
Quoting: Dom1422
Long term there is no spot. I like Barron, but it makes sense.

No spot?? For now, he is well ahead of Mailloux. And even if Mailloux somehow beat him one day, having Barron on the third pairing is a good luxury to have
Jeff902 a aimé ceci.
5 févr. à 19 h 24
Démarrer sujet
No spot?? For now, he is well ahead of Mailloux. And even if Mailloux somehow beat him one day, having Barron on the third pairing is a good luxury to have

He’s ahead for now but Mailloux will beat him. He’s a better player.

Having a Barron plying 16 minutes on the 3rd pairing might be a luxury, or that’s what he might top out as.. Regardless, having a forward who could potentially play in our top 6 is even better, especially for a team that needs more help at forward than on D.

At their lowest it’s a bottom 6 forward bs bottom pairing D. At their height it’s 2nd line vs 2nd pairing. I’d take the forward considering our defense is going to be stacked.
5 févr. à 19 h 50
Prime Primeau
He’s ahead for now but Mailloux will beat him. He’s a better player.

Having a Barron plying 16 minutes on the 3rd pairing might be a luxury, or that’s what he might top out as.. Regardless, having a forward who could potentially play in our top 6 is even better, especially for a team that needs more help at forward than on D.

At their lowest it’s a bottom 6 forward bs bottom pairing D. At their height it’s 2nd line vs 2nd pairing. I’d take the forward considering our defense is going to be stacked.

I’m really not sure Mailloux will be better. He is atrocious defensively while Barron has the potential to be better. They both have equal chances to be a consistent top 4. If Barron gets his defence together, I prefer him to Guhle.

Our RD depth is really thin
5 févr. à 20 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 5 févr. à 20 h 38
I’m really not sure Mailloux will be better. He is atrocious defensively while Barron has the potential to be better. They both have equal chances to be a consistent top 4. If Barron gets his defence together, I prefer him to Guhle.

Our RD depth is really thin

Mailloux isn’t atrocious defensively, that was a narrative and there’s a reason that narrative has quieted when the “social media scouts” saw him play in training camp. It was rarely about his in zone or rush defense anyway. It was about him carrying the puck and making terrible decisions resulting in turnovers. In juniors players play way more free, they’re encouraged to try things and they care far less about defense. But as you saw in training camp and as we’re seeing in Laval, he’s not doing that anymore, now there is a strict system and he’s not allowed to. He can do it when he sees the opening, but he can’t try to carry the puck through 2-3 players anymore. Every young defenseman has a question mark regarding defense. That’s just how it works. Because of what Mailloux did off ice, the social media scouts were after him. I watched it every day. They didn’t speak on any prospect even remotely close to as much as they did him and there’s a reason for that. Defending will never be his biggest strength, but he’s not atrocious and he’s only going to get better (at least as good as Barron who will also never be a good defender). They both will improve in that end like all young Dmen do.

The difference between them is their tools. While Barron is good at pretty much every facet on offense, he is not great at anything. Mailloux’s shot is great. Elite. He’s also more mobile on the offensive blueline, he’s physical (Barron isn’t at all), he’s faster, bigger stronger and overall he’s simply the better player.
5 févr. à 20 h 57
Prime Primeau
Mailloux isn’t atrocious defensively, that was a narrative and there’s a reason that narrative has quieted when the “social media scouts” saw him play in training camp. It was rarely about his in zone or rush defense anyway. It was about him carrying the puck and making terrible decisions resulting in turnovers. In juniors players play way more free, they’re encouraged to try things and they care far less about defense. But as you saw in training camp and as we’re seeing in Laval, he’s not doing that anymore, now there is a strict system and he’s not allowed to. He can do it when he sees the opening, but he can’t try to carry the puck through 2-3 players anymore. Every young defenseman has a question mark regarding defense. That’s just how it works. Because of what Mailloux did off ice, the social media scouts were after him. I watched it every day. They didn’t speak on any prospect even remotely close to as much as they did him and there’s a reason for that. Defending will never be his biggest strength, but he’s not atrocious and he’s only going to get better (at least as good as Barron who will also never be a good defender). They both will improve in that end like all young Dmen do.

The difference between them is their tools. While Barron is good at pretty much every facet on offense, he is not great at anything. Mailloux’s shot is great. Elite. He’s also more mobile on the offensive blueline, he’s physical (Barron isn’t at all), he’s faster, bigger stronger and overall he’s simply the better player.

If you watch some Laval games this year, you will know Mailloux is bad defensively. Just last game, he cost us a lot of breakaways and some goals

Barron slapshot us elite. Way more than Mailloux
5 févr. à 21 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 5 févr. à 21 h 10
If you watch some Laval games this year, you will know Mailloux is bad defensively. Just last game, he cost us a lot of breakaways and some goals

Barron slapshot us elite. Way more than Mailloux

Turnover isn’t nessesarily defense. That’s caused while carrying or moving the puck (transition). In his own zone (Barron’s 2nd biggest issue next to turnovers) he’s good, mainly because he’s willing to be more physical than Baron and that translates to in zone defense (moving guys from the net, board battles etc.but I witnessed Barron turn the puck over 4 times in one game resulting in 2 goals. That’s his primary focus of development as well. Barron does it far more often. Every single game, multiple times a game.

Slap shot? I’ve watched every Habs game this year and multiple rocket games. I’ve seen Barron shoot a slapper maybe twice,.. Mailloux has the most goals for any rookie defenseman in almost 30 years. His shot is elite, Barron’s isn’t close, he doesn’t score like that. Barron is a better playmaker though. They’re not that far apart, but Mailloux edges him out imo. He just projects to be better at pretty much every facet of the game. Though he’s not as far along in his development) because Barron was been playing pro for like 3 years.
5 févr. à 21 h 9
Prime Primeau
Turnover isn’t defense. That’s caused while carrying the puck (offense) I witnessed Barron turn the puck over 4 times in one game resulting in 2 goals. That’s his primary focus of development as well. Barron does it far more often. Every single game, multiple times a game.

Slap shot? I’ve watched every Habs game this year and multiple rocket games. I’ve seen Barron shoot a slapper maybe twice,.. Mailloux has the most goals for any rookie defenseman in almost 30 years. His shot is elite, Barron’s isn’t close, he doesn’t score like that.

Mailloux keep making bad play defensively. Barron is solid defensively when he wants and definitely has potential to be even better.

Barron has a hell if a slap shot. He just doesn’t use it
5 févr. à 21 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Mailloux keep making bad play defensively. Barron is solid defensively when he wants and definitely has potential to be even better.

Barron has a hell if a slap shot. He just doesn’t use it

Okay but what good is it if you don’t use it? Mailloux knows how to score. He’s maybe the best scoring defenseman outside of the nhl. Like I said, every defenseman needs work defensively at this age. They’re just coming from junior where it didn’t matter remotely close to as much. Look at Barron’s defense now (not even average) and imagine how bad it was two years ago when he was a rookie coming out of juniors.. The reason he went in the late 1st round instead of earlier is his defense (and lack of physicality). Now he’s developing into a guy who is going to be at least average defensively. Mailloux will do the same (though his ceiling is higher due to having better tools).

There is not one unbiased observer who would claim Barron is a better prospect than Mailloux. In two years you can judge them against each other. Barron is further ahead in his development.

Though I do see a lot of people doubting that Barron will even be an nhler. Which I strongly disagree with, I like Barron, I think he’ll be a top 4, and defenseman take longer. Can’t judge until they’re around 24 at least. Same thing applies to Mailloux.
6 févr. à 10 h 7
Fall River Habs
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 338
I would keep Barron for a bit longer to see how he pans out. Mailloux, Barron and Reinbacher on teh right side could be pretty good for years to come.

Montreal has 4 first round picks in the next 2 years (and they could get more good picks (1st to 2nd round) if they decide to trade Matheson or Savard or Allen) to either draft more talent up front or combine those picks to trade for talent up front.

If Montreal gets Berkly Catton with their pick this year (or Eiserman or Demidov or Lindstrom or Helenius) that should be another 2nd line player at the least. That guy could play with Dach. Then use the Winnipeg pick + the Calgary/Florida 2025 pick + Montreal's 2025 first round pick to either draft another forward for the 2nd line (I prefer to see Newhook on a "3rd line" with his speed and decent offensive skills) or trade for a 2nd line player. Then you could have the following:

Caufield Suzuki Slafkovsky
Catton Dach Jets/Flames/Habs pick or trade
Newhook Beck Roy/Mesar
4th liner 4th liner 4th liner

Guhle Barron/Mailloux
Hutson Reinbacher
Xhekaj/Harris Mailloux/Barron

Looks like a decent lineup that is set for long term stability and success.

Thoughts??
6 févr. à 10 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: KentMcNally
I would keep Barron for a bit longer to see how he pans out. Mailloux, Barron and Reinbacher on teh right side could be pretty good for years to come.

Montreal has 4 first round picks in the next 2 years (and they could get more good picks (1st to 2nd round) if they decide to trade Matheson or Savard or Allen) to either draft more talent up front or combine those picks to trade for talent up front.

If Montreal gets Berkly Catton with their pick this year (or Eiserman or Demidov or Lindstrom or Helenius) that should be another 2nd line player at the least. That guy could play with Dach. Then use the Winnipeg pick + the Calgary/Florida 2025 pick + Montreal's 2025 first round pick to either draft another forward for the 2nd line (I prefer to see Newhook on a "3rd line" with his speed and decent offensive skills) or trade for a 2nd line player. Then you could have the following:

Caufield Suzuki Slafkovsky
Catton Dach Jets/Flames/Habs pick or trade
Newhook Beck Roy/Mesar
4th liner 4th liner 4th liner

Guhle Barron/Mailloux
Hutson Reinbacher
Xhekaj/Harris Mailloux/Barron

Looks like a decent lineup that is set for long term stability and success.

Thoughts??

Not bad, not bad. You’re not wrong on Barron, might be smart to keep him with. Here’s my lineup:

Buchnevich - Dach - Demidov
Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Mesar Newhook Roy

Guhle - Mailloux
Hutson - Reinbacher
6 févr. à 12 h 12
Rejoint: nov. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 299
this one makes plenty of sense

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question: