Forums/Armchair-GM

Jake to Nashville

Créé par: PensGMwannabe
Équipe: 2023-24 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 30 janv. 2024
Publié: 30 janv. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Trotz has said they expect to be active at the deadline. He has been looking for offense. I could see him having interest in Guentzel and Jake having interest in Nashville. State tax.

What would Nashville offer up? They don't have many exciting young forwards. Would they offer Wood if Jake was open to signing an extension with them?

Nashville fans, what do you think?
Transactions
PIT
  1. Tomasino, Philip
  2. Wood, Matthew [Liste de réserve]
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (NSH)
NSH
  1. Guentzel, Jake (3 000 000 $ retained)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NSH
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de NYR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de SJS
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de CHI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2083 500 000 $79 517 675 $0 $212 500 $3 982 325 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Predators de Nashville
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
C
UFA - 2
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
5 375 000 $5 375 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
30 janv. à 9 h 18
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,271
I think this makes a lot of sense actually. I think Wood + one of Tomisino/Evangelista would be a fair trade assuming Guentzel signs an extension. I don't know if the first would be necessary though if we get such good prospects
Franco27 et PensGMwannabe a aimé ceci.
30 janv. à 9 h 22
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3
Quoting: pensfan21
I think this makes a lot of sense actually. I think Wood + one of Tomisino/Evangelista would be a fair trade assuming Guentzel signs an extension. I don't know if the first would be necessary though if we get such good prospects

I would not trade Jake, just give him the 3.25 of Carter plus his 6 mil he is making rn and let 77 go but I agree on this trade, getting 2 good prospects is better than a guy like Kuz. The first is to much tho
pensfan21 et PensGMwannabe a aimé ceci.
30 janv. à 9 h 27
Quoting: Franco27
I would not trade Jake, just give him the 3.25 of Carter plus his 6 mil he is making rn and let 77 go but I agree on this trade, getting 2 good prospects is better than a guy like Kuz. The first is to much tho

I see what your saying, I just don't think we realistically have much of a chance at contending until we rebuild and get more draft picks. And even if we try and contend that contract would make it so we can't make many other changes to the team.
Franco27 a aimé ceci.
30 janv. à 9 h 28
rookescr96
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 191
The equivalent of three first round picks is too much. Eichel barely brought that return
PensGMwannabe et gmgb a aimé ceci.
30 janv. à 9 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 292
According to Freidman, he expects the Pens to go through a "soft rebuild" and replenish some assets. That sounds like a Jake trade to me. They just can't lose him to UFA for nothing. That would set the organization back. They need to restock.
30 janv. à 9 h 44
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,429
Too much to give up from Nash. Pass
herzausstein et gmgb a aimé ceci.
30 janv. à 9 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Ennis
Too much to give up from Nash. Pass

I can't say I know much about Nashville forwards, I just see them as a fit. I would think Wood and the 1st would be more important to the Pens. Novack instead?
30 janv. à 9 h 58
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 179
Quoting: PensGMwannabe
I can't say I know much about Nashville forwards, I just see them as a fit. I would think Wood and the 1st would be more important to the Pens. Novack instead?

Preds won't be buying at the deadline at the rate they're going. And even if Trotz said he plans to be active I'm sure it won't be trading futures
herzausstein et gmgb a aimé ceci.
30 janv. à 10 h 0
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,018
Quoting: PensGMwannabe
According to Freidman, he expects the Pens to go through a "soft rebuild" and replenish some assets. That sounds like a Jake trade to me. They just can't lose him to UFA for nothing. That would set the organization back. They need to restock.

That sounds like a nightmare scenario - worst of both worlds haha.
30 janv. à 10 h 4
I see what your saying, I just don't think we realistically have much of a chance at contending until we rebuild and get more draft picks. And even if we try and contend that contract would make it so we can't make many other changes to the team.

If you're rebuilding and getting draft picks, you might as well just trade everyone though. No picks you acquire this season are going to be NHL ready in time to help the core make a run. If that's what you want to do, I can understand the argument - but any kind of rebuild officially closes the window of the Crosby era for good.
30 janv. à 10 h 6
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,872
Nashville sucks and their center depth is trash so they send a dump truck full of futures for a winger with added retention for some reason because they need that extra capspace....checks out
gmgb et nativewulf a aimé ceci.
30 janv. à 10 h 7
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,252
If NSH doesn't have too many exciting young forwards, why are they giving up two of them and a 1st, for a 29 year old rental?

NSH declines. They're not in a place where they should be going all in with rentals and that's an unrealistically high asking price.
herzausstein et Ennis a aimé ceci.
30 janv. à 10 h 13
Quoting: gmgb
If NSH doesn't have too many exciting young forwards, why are they giving up two of them and a 1st, for a 29 year old rental?

NSH declines. They're not in a place where they should be going all in with rentals and that's an unrealistically high asking price.

Our current 2C (Colton Sissons) is a 3 or 4C on any serious contender. Until that issue is remedied. Nashville has no business contemplating expensive wingers.
gmgb a aimé ceci.
30 janv. à 10 h 15
Quoting: JSEB93
If you're rebuilding and getting draft picks, you might as well just trade everyone though. No picks you acquire this season are going to be NHL ready in time to help the core make a run. If that's what you want to do, I can understand the argument - but any kind of rebuild officially closes the window of the Crosby era for good.

That's what I think will happen. Friedman reported the Penguins are doing a "soft rebuild", but I don't really buy that. To me it sounded from what he said like they're just going for the rebuild and trying to frame it differently. I agree that you have to either go all in or rebuild, being in the middle helps no one. But at this point I think the quickest way to winning a cup again is a full rebuild.
JSEB93 a aimé ceci.
30 janv. à 10 h 23
Quoting: herzausstein
Our current 2C (Colton Sissons) is a 3 or 4C on any serious contender. Until that issue is remedied. Nashville has no business contemplating expensive wingers.

And NSH's best hope for an in-house solution at center (Wood) is getting shipped out here. It's completely illogical from NSH's perspective.
30 janv. à 10 h 28
Quoting: gmgb
And NSH's best hope for an in-house solution at center (Wood) is getting shipped out here. It's completely illogical from NSH's perspective.

Wouldnt sleep on svechkov but shipping out wood is counter productive as is tying up free cap in nonessential areas. Center and RHD are a mess with center being the biggest issue.
gmgb a aimé ceci.
30 janv. à 10 h 53
That's what I think will happen. Friedman reported the Penguins are doing a "soft rebuild", but I don't really buy that. To me it sounded from what he said like they're just going for the rebuild and trying to frame it differently. I agree that you have to either go all in or rebuild, being in the middle helps no one. But at this point I think the quickest way to winning a cup again is a full rebuild.

Exactly - I'm with you on that part. Aiming for the middle is the worst possible scenario imo. If they decide the Crosby eras chances are over and want to rebuild, so be it, but then they have to blow it up. Personally I don't think that'll happen - but it's at least a respectable and logical move.
30 janv. à 10 h 53
Quoting: herzausstein
Wouldnt sleep on svechkov but shipping out wood is counter productive as is tying up free cap in nonessential areas. Center and RHD are a mess with center being the biggest issue.

Svechkov might turn out to be a better center than Wood, but I don't see him playing as high up in the lineup, if that makes sense. I think Svechkov winds up as a high end, two-way middle of the lineup center. Wood probably becomes another of NSH's "not really good enough to be a #1, but we don't have anyone better" centers.
herzausstein a aimé ceci.
30 janv. à 10 h 57
Exactly - I'm with you on that part. Aiming for the middle is the worst possible scenario imo. If they decide the Crosby eras chances are over and want to rebuild, so be it, but then they have to blow it up. Personally I don't think that'll happen - but it's at least a respectable and logical move.

Yeah I think they should blow it up completely. I think based on Eliott Friedmans report that will probably happen. Them saying "soft rebuild" and 2-3 years of replenishing the prospect pool sounds a lot like an actual rebuild. It will take longer than 2-3 years but to me that sounds like they're easing into it. Because I think regardless of what course we take it will not be all our stars getting traded in one offseason. Jake will likely be the first domino and then we'll see what happens.
JSEB93 a aimé ceci.
30 janv. à 11 h 3
Yeah I think they should blow it up completely. I think based on Eliott Friedmans report that will probably happen. Them saying "soft rebuild" and 2-3 years of replenishing the prospect pool sounds a lot like an actual rebuild. It will take longer than 2-3 years but to me that sounds like they're easing into it. Because I think regardless of what course we take it will not be all our stars getting traded in one offseason. Jake will likely be the first domino and then we'll see what happens.

It could mean that. Personally given the play and the standings I'd still like them to go for it this year - but again if they do blow it up, I'd at least respect it. And yeah - the chances of trading the core and NMC guys immediately is incredibly slim - but if that is the route they choose then Guentzel, Pettersson, and both goalies should be gone this season at a minimum I think.
30 janv. à 11 h 18
It could mean that. Personally given the play and the standings I'd still like them to go for it this year - but again if they do blow it up, I'd at least respect it. And yeah - the chances of trading the core and NMC guys immediately is incredibly slim - but if that is the route they choose then Guentzel, Pettersson, and both goalies should be gone this season at a minimum I think.

I see what your saying and can see why going for it is a good option. For me though I think the question is whether we will even make the playoffs and not whether we will win the cup. And when the goal becomes only playoffs and it's the second year in a row I think that's when it's time. I think if we start the rebuild right now we could potentially make it a lot quicker. If we extend Guentzel though and keep trying to contend for 2-3 years it will be a brutal rebuild. And for me it's not worth it when the chances of winning the cup are almost 0. As far as returns go I think:

Guetnzel: We should try and get two A level prospects.
Pettersson: A 1st and maybe a B prospect
Jarry: If we trade him for Campbell on the Oilers we'd probably get two 1sts back.

2-3 good prospects and three 1sts in this case would be a good start to the rebuild. Then next year we would most likely have a chance at the draft lottery. I'm a big believer in not rushing through the rebuild and really taking our time to make sure we build up a good team. Ideally we take it slow and have 4-5 years of top 3-5 picks and then can have a new era of contending.
PensGMwannabe et JSEB93 a aimé ceci.
30 janv. à 11 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Could always flip some of these picks we pick up for a younger now player to help speed up the process as well. More assets is always better obviously. Nobody is saying that we have to use all of the picks they accumulate etc.

Colorado traded a 2nd for Orr. Arizona traded a 2nd for Durzi. Some good players can be had for picks, if you have the cap space.
30 janv. à 11 h 59
I see what your saying and can see why going for it is a good option. For me though I think the question is whether we will even make the playoffs and not whether we will win the cup. And when the goal becomes only playoffs and it's the second year in a row I think that's when it's time. I think if we start the rebuild right now we could potentially make it a lot quicker. If we extend Guentzel though and keep trying to contend for 2-3 years it will be a brutal rebuild. And for me it's not worth it when the chances of winning the cup are almost 0. As far as returns go I think:

Guetnzel: We should try and get two A level prospects.
Pettersson: A 1st and maybe a B prospect
Jarry: If we trade him for Campbell on the Oilers we'd probably get two 1sts back.

2-3 good prospects and three 1sts in this case would be a good start to the rebuild. Then next year we would most likely have a chance at the draft lottery. I'm a big believer in not rushing through the rebuild and really taking our time to make sure we build up a good team. Ideally we take it slow and have 4-5 years of top 3-5 picks and then can have a new era of contending.

Well that's definitely a fair question haha - the odds of them missing the playoffs are a lot higher than their chances of winning the Cup that's for sure. Which to me is close to zero. But if you have a decent chance to make the playoffs, which right now I think they do, then I think you have to take it. My opinion is also heavily based on where they are in the standings. If they **** the bed before the TDL and are like 12+ points out of the playoff race come deadline time, I have no issue trading Guentzel. I get what you're saying about the rebuild - why go for it with a very slim chance of winning. Try to lessen the rebuild. I guess that's just where we differ, I see a brutal rebuild no matter what, and would take another playoff berth or two over ending it now and hopefully hitting on your picks to quicken the future rebuild, which isn't guaranteed. It might not be the right business decision, maybe it's just what I want as a fan haha.

Those would be great assets to get - and can be a great start to a rebuild assuming you hit on the picks. Honestly you might get something decent for Ned too with the way he's played. My main here issue though is the middle ground thing. If they blow it up and get a bunch of good assets, sure I'll be sad, but it's still a respectable and logical move that I can understand. I can't hate it. What can't happen, and what will piss me off, is some half assed "soft rebuild" that leaves us in limbo.
pensfan21 a aimé ceci.
30 janv. à 17 h 58
Well that's definitely a fair question haha - the odds of them missing the playoffs are a lot higher than their chances of winning the Cup that's for sure. Which to me is close to zero. But if you have a decent chance to make the playoffs, which right now I think they do, then I think you have to take it. My opinion is also heavily based on where they are in the standings. If they **** the bed before the TDL and are like 12+ points out of the playoff race come deadline time, I have no issue trading Guentzel. I get what you're saying about the rebuild - why go for it with a very slim chance of winning. Try to lessen the rebuild. I guess that's just where we differ, I see a brutal rebuild no matter what, and would take another playoff berth or two over ending it now and hopefully hitting on your picks to quicken the future rebuild, which isn't guaranteed. It might not be the right business decision, maybe it's just what I want as a fan haha.

Those would be great assets to get - and can be a great start to a rebuild assuming you hit on the picks. Honestly you might get something decent for Ned too with the way he's played. My main here issue though is the middle ground thing. If they blow it up and get a bunch of good assets, sure I'll be sad, but it's still a respectable and logical move that I can understand. I can't hate it. What can't happen, and what will piss me off, is some half assed "soft rebuild" that leaves us in limbo.

I'd be shocked if they do a soft rebuild. They know better than that. I think they're just trying to ease into it and don't want to just drop the rebuild word so abruptly haha. I think ultimately Dubas was brought in to built the future. It might be a little earlier than they thought he would, but for me I always kind of interpreted his plan to be give it one more year and see what happens.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage