1. Bourgault, Xavier
  2. Rodrigue, Olivier
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
Good trade for both teams
EDM
  1. Hanifin, Noah (2 475 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
Hanifin in a three team deal. Third team covers 1.2 M and trades to Edmonton for Edmonton's 2024 second round pick. Edmonton cap for Hanifin 1.275 M.
CGY
  1. Broberg, Philip
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (EDM)
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (EDM)
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2026 (EDM)
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de NSH
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2183 500 000 $80 624 167 $850 000 $4 215 000 $2 875 833 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 3
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 6
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 225 000 $$3M)
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
995 000 $995 000 $ (Bonis de performance15 000 $$15K)
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $ (Bonis de performance325 000 $$325K)
AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance650 000 $$650K)
AG, C
RFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
C
RFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
G
UFA - 3
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Flames de Calgary
-1 237 500 $-1 237 500 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
27 janv. à 20 h 0
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,773
Quoting: Commonsense27
I think you can get Monhan for just a first, or a first and B prospect if there is a bidding war. He would be a good fit in Edmonton though, imo

Really? He's slow (Edmonton plays a fast game) and plays a position Edmonton has well covered.

I wouldn't gave ANY of those assets for a Monahan rental, let alone all 3. Ridiculous.
27 janv. à 20 h 8
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,382
Opinion noted. Just making sure, but you do know with 50% retention he is under a mil on the cap right?

you realize that means incredibly little at the deadline when the actual cap savings are like 150k right?
CD282 a aimé ceci.
27 janv. à 22 h 26
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 297
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
you realize that means incredibly little at the deadline when the actual cap savings are like 150k right?

You do realize how the salary cap works right?
27 janv. à 22 h 33
You do realize how the salary cap works right?

yeah, you clearly dont though. Cap is calculated daily, so by the time the deadline happens there is only 20% of the season left, so you dont get 50% of the cap and dollars saved. you get 50% of 20%. Retention is only valuable if it is for long term, for the deadline to the end of the season, especially for less than a million bucks off a full year is a very small number. You would get a 5th rounder for it if you are lucky.
So no, retaining half of monahan's deal does not make him valuable by any margin that matters. And you'd know that if you knew anything about the cap or actual salary retention
CD282 a aimé ceci.
27 janv. à 22 h 51
yeah, you clearly dont though. Cap is calculated daily, so by the time the deadline happens there is only 20% of the season left, so you dont get 50% of the cap and dollars saved. you get 50% of 20%. Retention is only valuable if it is for long term, for the deadline to the end of the season, especially for less than a million bucks off a full year is a very small number. You would get a 5th rounder for it if you are lucky.
So no, retaining half of monahan's deal does not make him valuable by any margin that matters. And you'd know that if you knew anything about the cap or actual salary retention

Ypur cap doesn't change! Monahan with no retention still counts 1.9mil on the cap! It doesn't go down to 20% based off how many games are left! We're not talking real money, its just the cap hit! Why do you think Monahan is so valuable? Because of his cap hit! You can't find a rental player of his calibre for that cheap of price.
27 janv. à 23 h 13
Ypur cap doesn't change! Monahan with no retention still counts 1.9mil on the cap! It doesn't go down to 20% based off how many games are left! We're not talking real money, its just the cap hit! Why do you think Monahan is so valuable? Because of his cap hit! You can't find a rental player of his calibre for that cheap of price.

and you are missing the point entirly. It is that it isnt worth a value increase for the cap hit because it has never cost anything significant to retain 1 mill for any pending ufa and it is also not worth it from a cash standpoint. So there are zero reasons why retaining a million bucks on Monahan would get you anything worth mentioning. There is literal tons of historical precedent on top of that too, but clearly you never bothered to actually look into something before. The sharks got a 4th for retaining 1.75 (50%) of Foligno, Montreal got a 5th and an empty contract player for retaining 1 mill (50%) on Bonino etc etc etc
congrats on getting that late round pick extra for retention
CD282 a aimé ceci.
28 janv. à 0 h 13
and you are missing the point entirly. It is that it isnt worth a value increase for the cap hit because it has never cost anything significant to retain 1 mill for any pending ufa and it is also not worth it from a cash standpoint. So there are zero reasons why retaining a million bucks on Monahan would get you anything worth mentioning. There is literal tons of historical precedent on top of that too, but clearly you never bothered to actually look into something before. The sharks got a 4th for retaining 1.75 (50%) of Foligno, Montreal got a 5th and an empty contract player for retaining 1 mill (50%) on Bonino etc etc etc
congrats on getting that late round pick extra for retention

There is a cap dummy! Teams tight against it may only have a mil to spend at the deadline! Monahan's low cap hit is the reason they get a first! If he made 10mil then he isn't worth a first. Most teams are tight against the cap. I don't understand what you're missing here lol
28 janv. à 0 h 29
There is a cap dummy! Teams tight against it may only have a mil to spend at the deadline! Monahan's low cap hit is the reason they get a first! If he made 10mil then he isn't worth a first. Most teams are tight against the cap. I don't understand what you're missing here lol

Except that has literally never happened with a pending ufa. The leafs were a cap team when they traded for foligno. No matter how you try to spin this bad take of yours you're still wrong. No team, none of them, are paying more than a 4th for a mill retained for 20% of a season
CD282 a aimé ceci.
1 févr. à 19 h 6
Except that has literally never happened with a pending ufa. The leafs were a cap team when they traded for foligno. No matter how you try to spin this bad take of yours you're still wrong. No team, none of them, are paying more than a 4th for a mill retained for 20% of a season

What? Lol. What I'm saying is because his cap hit is slow low that it increases his value! What the hell are you talking aboit. Why is that so complicated for you to umderstand?
1 févr. à 19 h 12
What? Lol. What I'm saying is because his cap hit is slow low that it increases his value! What the hell are you talking aboit. Why is that so complicated for you to umderstand?

Dude, you literally said he gets a 1st because he's cheap and has a low cap hit and i gave you actual trade examples of retention being worth a late pick. Being cheap does not make a player not worth a 1st worth a 1st when they are a pending ufa. It is so simple a habs fan can understand it
1 févr. à 19 h 22
Dude, you literally said he gets a 1st because he's cheap and has a low cap hit and i gave you actual trade examples of retention being worth a late pick. Being cheap does not make a player not worth a 1st worth a 1st when they are a pending ufa. It is so simple a habs fan can understand it

The cap hit is a major part of someone's trade value. Major! Its a hard cap bud. You ask teams who are tight against the cap of the cap hit doesn't matter. All the variables are what dictate someone's value. If Monahan made 10mil a seaaon, then he wouldn't be worth a first plus. His current contract with the other variables makes him worth a first plus
1 févr. à 19 h 24
The cap hit is a major part of someone's trade value. Major! Its a hard cap bud. You ask teams who are tight against the cap of the cap hit doesn't matter. All the variables are what dictate someone's value. If Monahan made 10mil a seaaon, then he wouldn't be worth a first plus. His current contract with the other variables makes him worth a first plus

except that I literally showed you that it wasnt. But hey, if you can find a single instance of a guy getting a significant return because a team retained a million bucks at the deadline I'd love to see it! But hey, just keep ignoring the actual historical record if it makes you feel better.
1 févr. à 19 h 28
except that I literally showed you that it wasnt. But hey, if you can find a single instance of a guy getting a significant return because a team retained a million bucks at the deadline I'd love to see it! But hey, just keep ignoring the actual historical record if it makes you feel better.

I didn't say specifically a mil retained dumb dumb, I'm saying with 50% rentention he is less than a mil on the cap! Try to find a guy that is available that only makes a mil with his production and pedigree. Frig, the leafs could even fit this guy in their cap without having to dump salary! He is getting a first plus or something equalivant 100%
1 févr. à 19 h 33
I didn't say specifically a mil retained dumb dumb, I'm saying with 50% rentention he is less than a mil on the cap! Try to find a guy that is available that only makes a mil with his production and pedigree. Frig, the leafs could even fit this guy in their cap without having to dump salary! He is getting a first plus or something equalivant 100%

so you literally have nothing to back up your claim that retaining 50% of monahan's contract makes him worth a 1st and i literally have historic proof that retaining 50% of the cap, even when it is more actual money and cap hit is worth a 4th round pick or less but you're still gonna pretend that it makes Monahan super valuable. Sure thing bud, sure thing.
CD282 a aimé ceci.
1 févr. à 19 h 37
so you literally have nothing to back up your claim that retaining 50% of monahan's contract makes him worth a 1st and i literally have historic proof that retaining 50% of the cap, even when it is more actual money and cap hit is worth a 4th round pick or less but you're still gonna pretend that it makes Monahan super valuable. Sure thing bud, sure thing.

No one can be this stupid lol. Yes, "someone's cap hit has no bearing of their value". Really? Lol. I've never talked to someone so out of touch with common sense before in my life. Also, why are you always on here? How do you have so much time on yoir hands to argue mock trades?
1 févr. à 19 h 42
No one can be this stupid lol. Yes, "someone's cap hit has no bearing of their value". Really? Lol. I've never talked to someone so out of touch with common sense before in my life. Also, why are you always on here? How do you have so much time on yoir hands to argue mock trades?

so again, I ask you to give me proof that retaining 50% of a similar contract at the deadline has given a guy the boost to get a 1st rounder. I mean, if you're just gonna ignore my actual trades that happened that show retention is worth almost nothing then surly you have something other than "because I said so"
but then, that is your entire argument for why monahan is valuable anyways so it's not surprising. You cant give evidence that he's good defensivly, or a good leader, or a good skater or literally anything other than he scores a lot on a power play for a one way 3rd liner.
But hey, you do always resort to insults like you're in highschool the second you get even a little pushback so you've got that going for you!
1 févr. à 19 h 49
so again, I ask you to give me proof that retaining 50% of a similar contract at the deadline has given a guy the boost to get a 1st rounder. I mean, if you're just gonna ignore my actual trades that happened that show retention is worth almost nothing then surly you have something other than "because I said so"
but then, that is your entire argument for why monahan is valuable anyways so it's not surprising. You cant give evidence that he's good defensivly, or a good leader, or a good skater or literally anything other than he scores a lot on a power play for a one way 3rd liner.
But hey, you do always resort to insults like you're in highschool the second you get even a little pushback so you've got that going for you!

If you can't admit that someone's cap hit changes someone's value positively or negatively then there is no point in talking to you anymore because you clearly don't get it. There is no point debating other points if you're being that stubborn
1 févr. à 19 h 51
If you can't admit that someone's cap hit changes someone's value positively or negatively then there is no point in talking to you anymore because you clearly don't get it. There is no point debating other points if you're being that stubborn

hahaha, oh man you really dont have anything. Like I literally said it had value, but the value was very very very minimal with actual examples. If this is such a hard concept for you to grasp i can turn it into a nursery rhyme for you.
CD282 a aimé ceci.
1 févr. à 19 h 53
hahaha, oh man you really dont have anything. Like I literally said it had value, but the value was very very very minimal with actual examples. If this is such a hard concept for you to grasp i can turn it into a nursery rhyme for you.

Lol
1 févr. à 19 h 56
Go Habs Go
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091

You're comparing the value of retention to the value of acquiring a player near league minimum at a time when many teams only have around league minimum available.
Those are not the same things.
1 févr. à 19 h 59
Quoting: ricochetii
You're comparing the value of retention to the value of acquiring a player near league minimum at a time when many teams only have around league minimum available.
Those are not the same things.

except that they literally are the same thing because the teams retained the same percentage and even more money in some cases because the teams getting the player were right up against the cap and had minimal cap room. The Leafs had to do like 3 cap things to make foligno fit at 50% retained including LTIR shenanigans and the only extra value it cost them was a 4th.
retaining on monahan is not going to increase value more than a tiny tiny bit and just saying it will does not change that, unless you have an example of it and i'd love to see it!
1 févr. à 20 h 42
Go Habs Go
except that they literally are the same thing because the teams retained the same percentage and even more money in some cases because the teams getting the player were right up against the cap and had minimal cap room. The Leafs had to do like 3 cap things to make foligno fit at 50% retained including LTIR shenanigans and the only extra value it cost them was a 4th.
retaining on monahan is not going to increase value more than a tiny tiny bit and just saying it will does not change that, unless you have an example of it and i'd love to see it!

Do you think Jeannot gets 5 picks if his cap hit is $2M or Tampa has enough cap space to go after someone else?
He went high because he was a target for multiple teams who were all cap strapped.
Retention had nothing to do with it. His low base value compared to his contributions made him more valuable.

Do you think Henrique will get more than Monahan if the Ducks retain 50%? No, because his cap hit will still be higher and therefore there will be less suitors.

Teams don't care how much is being retained unless it costs them additional assets. They care what the final cap hit is for the player they are acquiring.
1 févr. à 20 h 53
Do you think Jeannot gets 5 picks if his cap hit is $2M or Tampa has enough cap space to go after someone else?
He went high because he was a target for multiple teams who were all cap strapped.
Retention had nothing to do with it. His low base value compared to his contributions made him more valuable.

Do you think Henrique will get more than Monahan if the Ducks retain 50%? No, because his cap hit will still be higher and therefore there will be less suitors.

Teams don't care how much is being retained unless it costs them additional assets. They care what the final cap hit is for the player they are acquiring.

Except that jeanott cost that much because he had long term cost control, not one month of retention before going ufa.
Henrique would get more because hes better, if the ducks retained 50% then that retention would only boost the value minimally same as monahan.
No one is gonna pay more for monahan than henrique because he costs more against the cap, especially since we live in a world where teams can send back contracts too.
The only significant value boosters for players at the deadline are precived ability and years of control.
1 févr. à 22 h 16
Go Habs Go
Except that jeanott cost that much because he had long term cost control, not one month of retention before going ufa.
Henrique would get more because hes better, if the ducks retained 50% then that retention would only boost the value minimally same as monahan.
No one is gonna pay more for monahan than henrique because he costs more against the cap, especially since we live in a world where teams can send back contracts too.
The only significant value boosters for players at the deadline are precived ability and years of control.

That's just not true. Market factors very much apply.
How many players are available, the quality of those players compared to other options, how strongly teams believe they need to make a certain move, what teams are willing to part with to make it happen, etc. Some teams will even prefer rentals due to cap constraints and inability to fit term.
There are far more considerations beyond ability and control.
2 févr. à 7 h 2
That's just not true. Market factors very much apply.
How many players are available, the quality of those players compared to other options, how strongly teams believe they need to make a certain move, what teams are willing to part with to make it happen, etc. Some teams will even prefer rentals due to cap constraints and inability to fit term.
There are far more considerations beyond ability and control.

Except that no one is going to pay more because a guy has less term and control. The only time that matters is if the player has a bad contract and is a cap dump situation where it costs the team moving a player to get rid of them.
CD282 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage