Forums/Armchair-GM

its over just retool

Créé par: LordStanlersCup
Équipe: 2023-24 Lightning de Tampa Bay
Date de création initiale: 18 déc. 2023
Publié: 18 déc. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Currently we are 20th in the league in points% and are only 1 loss away from being tied for 23rd(a top 10 pick), we have the hardest remaining schedule in the league and a few of the teams below us are starting to go on a heater like the wild and oilers. Additionally a few of the teams above us in our conference that arent in a playoff spot are teams like the hurricanes, devils, and red wings that would be difficult to pass with the only team that I see realistically dropping out being the capitals and maybe philly. The only way I could see us getting out of this hole is if we fire blashill, no individual roster move will fix this team. We have 50 games remaining and would need to average a .650% win percentage to end the season with 98 points or a .598% win percentage which is around the average of what the last wild card spot has had in previous years (last year was an outlier). I would give it maybe 5 or 10 more games max before they should just start tanking, trade away a few depth pieces, play some of the prospects in prominent roles, and possibly look at a stamkos trade if he is willing to waive. If we tank this year and get our top 10 protected pick back we would probably land in the 7 to 10 spot and should draft a guy like Cayden Lindstrom that could possibly play in the NHL as soon as some point next year. If stamkos waives we should be trading for NHL ready players on ELC's, preferably defenseman, that would also give us the cap space to sign another defensemen through FA. If stamkos doesnt waive then we should sign him right now and not let him go to FA. I seriously dont know what JBB is waiting on, we know the general range of what the cap will go up next season and have seen that stamkos is still producing, unless he is looking to trade him at the TDL I dont know why he hasnt offered him a contract. If he does resign it would probably be for around 6.5 and we would have to fill the remaining spots with our prospects and close to league min guys and hope that lindstrom, the guys on ELC's and firing blashill will be enough to turn the team around. Also if we are tanking it would make sense that we havent fired blashill yet because we wouldnt want to fire him during the tank, do it in the offseason
Transactions
TBL
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (ANA)
ANA
  1. Motte, Tyler
Détails additionnels:
any team
TBL
  1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2024 (ANA)
ANA
  1. De Haan, Calvin
Détails additionnels:
any team
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TBL
Logo de ANA
Logo de TBL
Logo de ANA
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de CHI
Logo de MIN
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de MIN
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $82 996 666 $0 $302 500 $503 334 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 1
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
C, AD
NMC
UFA - 7
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 4
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 8
867 500 $867 500 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
AD, AG
RFA - 3
820 000 $820 000 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AG
RFA - 1
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 6
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 3
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 2
2 665 000 $2 665 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
828 333 $828 333 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
DD
RFA - 2
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 5
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 8
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
G
UFA - 2
870 000 $870 000 $ (Bonis de performance80 000 $$80K)
DG
RFA - 2
5 200 000 $5 200 000 $
DD
UFA - 8
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
758 333 $758 333 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 déc. 2023 à 15 h 12
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,170
each year Tampa has been losing good pieces and their prospects haven't been able to fill in for their losses.

They clearly still have some good pieces but very little depth.

Stamkos should fetch a decent amount at the deadline.
18 déc. 2023 à 15 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 269
Quoting: TMLBRIAN
each year Tampa has been losing good pieces and their prospects haven't been able to fill in for their losses.

They clearly still have some good pieces but very little depth.

Stamkos should fetch a decent amount at the deadline.

yeah Stamkos being traded at the deadline would really help the team but I think there is about a 30% chance that he waives. Suprisingly the reason them losing is not as much on the roster as you would think though. Its mostly the coaching, especially jeff blashill which our new defensive assistant coach. We are 30th in the league in goals against and that is primarily due to systems problems like backing up at the blueline letting the other team get free zone entries, let guys screen our goalie with no pushback, and sitting deep in our zone when the other team cycles so they get free shots from the top of the circle that seem to always go in. If we fire him then that is like half our problems fixed
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2023 à 15 h 30
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 556
Stamkos isn't going anywhere atvghe deadline, and there's still time for this season to not be a bust. Vasy has only been.back a couple of weeks for starters, and there are still options for improvement on the bluline via trade. The biggest problem is that this defensive scheme isn't working at all, and the pathetic coaching(both Cooper and Blashill here) refuse to change it to something that works for the team. They have 50 games left, and there's still time to make this season a success before thinking about tanking to try and keep the top 10 protected 1st. The offense is still strong, so if tbe defense(and to a lesser extent, the goaltending) improves, they will be fine.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2023 à 15 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: JTBF81
Stamkos isn't going anywhere atvghe deadline, and there's still time for this season to not be a bust. Vasy has only been.back a couple of weeks for starters, and there are still options for improvement on the bluline via trade. The biggest problem is that this defensive scheme isn't working at all, and the pathetic coaching(both Cooper and Blashill here) refuse to change it to something that works for the team. They have 50 games left, and there's still time to make this season a success before thinking about tanking to try and keep the top 10 protected 1st. The offense is still strong, so if tbe defense(and to a lesser extent, the goaltending) improves, they will be fine.

there is still some time but not alot, I said I would give it 5 or 10 games because anything after that in my opinion is unrealistic that we would be able to turn it around. I agree that stamkos probably isnt waiving which is why I didnt trade him in this ACGM but please tell me wtf JBB is doing by not offering him a contract. The only improvements to the blueline we could make are going to be depth additions that even further mortgage the future for rentals and that certainly wouldnt turn this team around. Even with vasy back I dont see things improving because goaltending with Johansson in net wasnt the problem, it was the defensive scheme like you said. The only way I see this team making the playoffs is if they fire blashill and they would have to do it like right now. Also cooper is a people manager, multiple players have said that he doesnt really do the coaching for the team
18 déc. 2023 à 16 h 9
FKA Bigtittielarper
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,226
Pretty light retool lol
18 déc. 2023 à 16 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: SomeonesOffended
Pretty light retool lol

this would be the roster for the end of the season while tanking, I will go make one for the next year but will keep stamkos in it even though it would make the team so much better to trade him
SomeonesOffended a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2023 à 16 h 21
FKA Bigtittielarper
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,226
Quoting: LordStanlersCup
this would be the roster for the end of the season while tanking, I will go make one for the next year but will keep stamkos in it even though it would make the team so much better to trade him

Yeah that’s fair
18 déc. 2023 à 17 h 5
there is still some time but not alot, I said I would give it 5 or 10 games because anything after that in my opinion is unrealistic that we would be able to turn it around. I agree that stamkos probably isnt waiving which is why I didnt trade him in this ACGM but please tell me wtf JBB is doing by not offering him a contract. The only improvements to the blueline we could make are going to be depth additions that even further mortgage the future for rentals and that certainly wouldnt turn this team around. Even with vasy back I dont see things improving because goaltending with Johansson in net wasnt the problem, it was the defensive scheme like you said. The only way I see this team making the playoffs is if they fire blashill and they would have to do it like right now. Also cooper is a people manager, multiple players have said that he doesnt really do the coaching for the team

If the scheme/system doesn't change then yes, defensive additions probably won't matter. There are players out there that could definitely help and be upgrades (Seeler, Lyubushkin, Benning perhaps and others), that Tampa could male work, both in regards to the cap and not giving away entire draft classes to acquire.

Blashill was a terrible hire from the start, and he needs to be fired asap. He's Cooper's buddy though, and as you said, he's a people person, so JBB needs to just step in and get it done.

As far as the Stamkos contract, I think he will be re-signed, but not until after the season or late in it. I believe JBB wanted to wait and see.more official cap numbers before the season, and he usually does contracts in the offseason, so perhaps that's what is going on. I also believe he wanted to see.how Stamkos and the team looked this season before committing another 3-4 years and an aav in the 6.5-7 range(at least), into a soon to be 34 year old Stamkos.

There will be other holes to try and plug this offseason, and even with the projected increase, Tampa will oy have in the 12.x range for Stamkos and at least 4 or 5 other roster spots. It's a tricky balancing act for JBB, but I do hope that if they come to a mutually beneficial arrangement with Stamkos, they then allocate the majority of what they have to an improvement at either 3LD or a #4 type RD. They can get rid of Sheary if needed and go with a cheaper F to add maybe another million or close and then spend the bulk of what they have on a dman(whether that's re-signing someone acquired at the tdl or an offseason ufa, who knows). I'd like them to get both Seeler and Lyubushkin now, and then potentially be able to roll this rest of this year and maybe next:
Hedman-Lyubushkin
Sergachev-Cernak
Seeler-Raddysh
With Jack Thompson, Declan Carlile and others ready(or close) to be part of the dcorp as well.
18 déc. 2023 à 17 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: JTBF81
If the scheme/system doesn't change then yes, defensive additions probably won't matter. There are players out there that could definitely help and be upgrades (Seeler, Lyubushkin, Benning perhaps and others), that Tampa could male work, both in regards to the cap and not giving away entire draft classes to acquire.

Blashill was a terrible hire from the start, and he needs to be fired asap. He's Cooper's buddy though, and as you said, he's a people person, so JBB needs to just step in and get it done.

As far as the Stamkos contract, I think he will be re-signed, but not until after the season or late in it. I believe JBB wanted to wait and see.more official cap numbers before the season, and he usually does contracts in the offseason, so perhaps that's what is going on. I also believe he wanted to see.how Stamkos and the team looked this season before committing another 3-4 years and an aav in the 6.5-7 range(at least), into a soon to be 34 year old Stamkos.

There will be other holes to try and plug this offseason, and even with the projected increase, Tampa will oy have in the 12.x range for Stamkos and at least 4 or 5 other roster spots. It's a tricky balancing act for JBB, but I do hope that if they come to a mutually beneficial arrangement with Stamkos, they then allocate the majority of what they have to an improvement at either 3LD or a #4 type RD. They can get rid of Sheary if needed and go with a cheaper F to add maybe another million or close and then spend the bulk of what they have on a dman(whether that's re-signing someone acquired at the tdl or an offseason ufa, who knows). I'd like them to get both Seeler and Lyubushkin now, and then potentially be able to roll this rest of this year and maybe next:
Hedman-Lyubushkin
Sergachev-Cernak
Seeler-Raddysh
With Jack Thompson, Declan Carlile and others ready(or close) to be part of the dcorp as well.

I mostly agree with everything but like you said, without firing blashill I just dont think the additions of lyubushkin and seeler would be enough for this team to make the playoffs. recently the problems have been less and less giveaways and losing 1 on 1s, and more systems issues. I am also not really a fan of carlile either, I think thompson, lilleberg, and crozier have been more solid, potentially even powell.
JTBF81 a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2023 à 17 h 44
I mostly agree with everything but like you said, without firing blashill I just dont think the additions of lyubushkin and seeler would be enough for this team to make the playoffs. recently the problems have been less and less giveaways and losing 1 on 1s, and more systems issues. I am also not really a fan of carlile either, I think thompson, lilleberg, and crozier have been more solid, potentially even powell.

Yeah, Lilleberg and Crozier are also good additions to the blueline, and probabalh ahead now of Carlile. Tampa will probabaly only get to make one key defensive add in the offseason due to the cap, so at least one spot should be open for one of those 3 or 4.guys.
LordStanlersCup a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage