UFAANSCAP HIT
35 000 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Jones, Seth (1 000 000 $ retained)
  2. Murphy, Connor
  3. Raddysh, Taylor
Détails additionnels:
To those who will claim that Jones is not valuable at $8.5 mil for the next 7 years with the cap going up, let's just get it out of the way and say I disagree, to say the least....
CHI
  1. Järnkrok, Calle
  2. Liljegren, Timothy
  3. Nylander, William
Détails additionnels:
With Klingberg going on LTIR, we'd now have enough cap space to sign Kane at a reasonable deal like 3 x $5 mil. If that happens it would allow us to take advantage of Willy's incredible trade value right now and distribute that value throughout the rest of the roster. Obviously the trade would not look exactly like this, as Chicago may not want to commit to some of these Leaf players long term, or the players may have a NMC and reject a trade to CHI. In this case, Chicago would act as intermediary in a 3 way trade, as the value would be worthwhile from both sides. The reason for Chicago trading these players would be that their prime years do not align with the Hawks cup window, which is obviously years away. Therefore, it makes sense to get assets back for them now while their value is highest. Otherwise, they'll just be eating up their cap space while only hurting their tank. Not to mention the players would probably like the opportunity to compete for a cup while they're in their prime. Raddysh could be an exception to this, but would be another opportunity to regain assets, along with whatever assets the Leafs players here would return. The value may not be exact and could use some tweaking either way, but the point is to show the potential roster based on the asset values, with the intention of bringing my balance to the lineup, as well as each individual forward line and D pair. These moves would be contingent on signing Kane, and the downgrade from Nylander to Kane would be worth the upgrades elsewhere IMO. I think we'd still be left with a top 3 forward group, but after this would also be in the discussion for a top 3 backend., largely in part because of getting a free asset in Kane.
TOR
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
Edmonton pays a 5th rounder to a 3rd team for 50% retention and flips Ceci, leaving a pairing of Ekholm-Brodie
TOR
  1. Seeler, Nick
  2. Choix de 7e ronde en 2025 (PHI)
Détails additionnels:
Seeler brings more balance and size to the 3rd pair with Timmins/Gio, both of whom have a complimentary playstyle.
PHI
  1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2024 (VAN)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (TOR)
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de EDM
Logo de NYI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de PHI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2183 500 000 $83 052 417 $0 $0 $447 583 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
758 333 $758 333 $
AD
RFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
762 500 $762 500 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
766 667 $766 667 $
G
RFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 7
3 550 000 $3 550 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
775 000 $775 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
23 nov. 2023 à 1 h 14
Chicago
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 2,852
You're losing a lot of production. Kane post hip resurfacing surgery won't be putting up what Nylander does right now. I doubt Jones waives his NMC considering it was between Chicago and Dallas to acquire him.
GMBL a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2023 à 1 h 29
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,340
Quoting: NickC1988
You're losing a lot of production. Kane post hip resurfacing surgery won't be putting up what Nylander does right now. I doubt Jones waives his NMC considering it was between Chicago and Dallas to acquire him.

Even if Kane does put up the same or more, for how long? Every player going to the Leafs is also older than Nylander except for Raddysh who is the same age as Liljegren. So, really they would be shrinking their contention window a ton. Obviously, CHI isn't the team to be giving up young players for Nylander but if the Leafs aren't at least getting some younger pieces, it's definitely not worth it. I know Murphy and Jones are younger than Jarnkrok and Brodie but that doesn't change much for me as one guy is a ufa and the other depth.
NickC1988 a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2023 à 1 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 434

Not a lot in my opinion. Let's not forget last year was the first year in almost a decade that he dipped below a PPG, the same year Nylander finally hit a PPG. Kane had 45 points in 54 games on an awful roster, with a bum hip. He got the surgery and took the time to recover to improve his injury, and he has some of the best doctors in the world around him. Sure, Nylander may outproduce him, but Jones should also massively outproduce Lily. Regardless, the slight dip would be worth it to address our greatest concern right now, that being a D core that is bottom 10 in GA/G and PK%. This always addresses our D longer term, and allows us to save our draft capital instead of spending it on bargain bin solutions to the top 4 at every TDL (Gio, Schenn, Lyubushkin, McCabe, etc.).

Defense matters, our defense core sucks, real bad....
23 nov. 2023 à 1 h 32
Chicago
Quoting: GMBL
Even if Kane does put up the same or more, for how long? Every player going to the Leafs is also older than Nylander except for Raddysh who is the same age as Liljegren. So, really they would be shrinking their contention window a ton. Obviously, CHI isn't the team to be giving up young players for Nylander but if the Leafs aren't at least getting some younger pieces, it's definitely not worth it. I know Murphy and Jones are younger than Jarnkrok and Brodie but that doesn't change much for me.

I'm telling you right now, there's no way he does. Trades/signing don't make sense at all.
GMBL a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2023 à 1 h 36
Chicago
Quoting: Affectionate_Side_64
Not a lot in my opinion. Let's not forget last year was the first year in almost a decade that he dipped below a PPG, the same year Nylander finally hit a PPG. Kane had 45 points in 54 games on an awful roster, with a bum hip. He got the surgery and took the time to recover to improve his injury, and he has some of the best doctors in the world around him. Sure, Nylander may outproduce him, but Jones should also massively outproduce Lily. Regardless, the slight dip would be worth it to address our greatest concern right now, that being a D core that is bottom 10 in GA/G and PK%. This always addresses our D longer term, and allows us to save our draft capital instead of spending it on bargain bin solutions to the top 4 at every TDL (Gio, Schenn, Lyubushkin, McCabe, etc.).

Defense matters, our defense core sucks, real bad....

Nick Backstrom had the same procedure done and is likely retiring. It's a very, very difficult surgery to recover from, let alone regain the power to compete in the NHL again. It's not going to be easy for Kane.

You're making this team significantly older, which is a common theme of the leafs in real life. Sandin trade, you want to move Liljegren, what's next? Sometimes you just need to hold onto your pieces and let them come together. This roster has faced far too much turnover and the result is in their playoff success.
GMBL a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2023 à 1 h 37
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,897
Hawks would never use up a retention slot for 7 years and Jones would never waive his nmc for a Canadian team.
Hawksguy81 a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2023 à 1 h 56
Démarrer sujet
I'm telling you right now, there's no way he does. Trades/signing don't make sense at all.

Saying they don't make sense is a failure to understand, rather than a valid criticism...

I never said he would outscore him, you're missing the forest for the trees here. First off, Kane could fill the role Willy is in now and would still be likely to make that the best 2nd line in the league. The key thing to understand here is that Nylander is our most valuable asset that we can trade right now with the rest of the top 4 having no trades. Kane is a free asset, who would step in and allow us to trade for a boatload of value elsewhere, while still forming an elite, elite 2nd line.

So it's not just Nylander/Liljegren/Jarnkrok for Jones/Murphy/Raddysh, but Jones/Murphy/Raddysh AND Patrick Kane. This allows us to retain our draft assets and our best prospects while addressing the glaring holes in our backend. And not just addressing them for this year with TDL rentals, but with long term solutions that will allow us to continue saving those futures, with nothing much coming through our defensive pipeline.

Then you consider Kane is $2 mil cheaper this year, but probably more than $5 mil cheaper until he expires. When he does expire, that will leave cap space for RFA contracts of guys like Knies, Cowan, Minten, Woll, etc., contracts we would 100% not be able to complete all of with Willy on the books making 11 mil, as he exits his prime. And again, I know you're latching on to this to further your narrative, but did Matthews somehow get worse after his wrist surgery or did he score 60 goals? I thought surgery was repairing the injury, not creating one...

As I said above, this would leave us with a top 3 forward group and arguably a top 3 defensive group, and a roster that is built for the postseason when checking gets tighter. This team is so much better than what we're icing now it's not even funny, and would quite literally make us cup favourites. Not to mention all the extra high end picks we'd be giving our elite scouting staff.
23 nov. 2023 à 1 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: SociallyHawkward
Hawks would never use up a retention slot for 7 years and Jones would never waive his nmc for a Canadian team.

Wrong!
23 nov. 2023 à 3 h 27
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,340

I don't doubt it, I'm just saying there's no justification for it even if he does. Makes more sense to lose Nylander in FA than trading him for a return like this as long as 1) they have a chance at winning the cup and/or 2) there's a possibility that he might re-sign. Reinhart, Stamkos, or even Kane (if he proves that the surgery was successful) might all be available to sign as Nylander replacements in free agency.
23 nov. 2023 à 13 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: GMBL
I don't doubt it, I'm just saying there's no justification for it even if he does. Makes more sense to lose Nylander in FA than trading him for a return like this as long as 1) they have a chance at winning the cup and/or 2) there's a possibility that he might re-sign. Reinhart, Stamkos, or even Kane (if he proves that the surgery was successful) might all be available to sign as Nylander replacements in free agency.

There's no justification even if he does? How do you see this as in anyway logical? Your last point is irrelevant to the most important factor in all of this, which is getting value back for an asset that will help the team now and in the future, so long as we're able to maintain a competitive forward group, which I have.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage