Forums/NHL

How Good Is Girardi, and Support Your Case

How Good Is The Pylon
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

3 juill. 2017 à 2 h 25
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,053
278th best dman in WAR model, terrible corsi and Fenwick numbers which show he's a terrible puck mover. Horrific shot suppression as well. Makes 3M more than deserved
3 juill. 2017 à 9 h 43
get ur corsi up
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,558
Quoting: DavidBooth7
278th best dman in WAR model, terrible corsi and Fenwick numbers which show he's a terrible puck mover. Horrific shot suppression as well. Makes 3M more than deserved

Yea his corsi and fenwick speak bad things about him. He got overpaid in Tampa.
3 juill. 2017 à 9 h 59
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,886

HERO Chart is god-awful
3 juill. 2017 à 10 h 4
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 88
One thing to consider with Girardi is that all his numbers are going to look terrible because he was consistently thrown out there are against the best competition the NYR faced. I'm not saying he's a good defenseman, but I don't think he can truly be considered a minor league defenseman until given a shot with third line minutes.

But he's WAYYYYYYY overpaid for those.
3 juill. 2017 à 10 h 16
Quoting: tadhockey
One thing to consider with Girardi is that all his numbers are going to look terrible because he was consistently thrown out there are against the best competition the NYR faced. I'm not saying he's a good defenseman, but I don't think he can truly be considered a minor league defenseman until given a shot with third line minutes.

Actually, per "hockeyviz". He didn't play against the top-2 as much as you think.

http://hockeyviz.com/fixedImg/qoct/1617/NYR/girarda84/wrap
3 juill. 2017 à 11 h 16
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 88
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Quoting: tadhockey

Actually, per "hockeyviz". He didn't play against the top-2 as much as you think.

http://hockeyviz.com/fixedImg/qoct/1617/NYR/girarda84/wrap

He didn't play against the top two defenders a significant amount, but he did play the top three forwards more than any other set. You're right, the visual isn't as extreme as I thought, but I still return to my original statement. Spare until proven otherwise.
3 juill. 2017 à 12 h 31
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
Press box please or trade him. #freekoekkoek
nobody, phillyjabroni, matt59 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2017 à 13 h 1
Black Lives Matter
Mentions "j'aime": 4,652
He's a 2nd pairing guy i think because he blocks a lot of shots, he brings leadership to the Rangers, and he can get in the way of the play. So that is why i think he is a 2nd pairing defenseman, though he's pretty close to a 3rd pairing guy.
3 juill. 2017 à 13 h 3
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
He's a 2nd pairing guy i think because he blocks a lot of shots, he brings leadership to the Rangers, and he can get in the way of the play. So that is why i think he is a 2nd pairing defenseman, though he's pretty close to a 3rd pairing guy.

Blocking shots is not the same as shot suppression. Blocking shots are nothing compared to CORSI/Fenwick/PS/PODs/WAR
nobody et Jdp a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2017 à 13 h 6
Black Lives Matter
Please counter WAR numbers/CF% rel/Fenwick/HERO

i really don't know what's wrong with shot blocks.
3 juill. 2017 à 13 h 7
Black Lives Matter
I will add one more thing to my reason: Claude Giroux, who plays tons of minutes against Dan Girardi. Claude Giroux also thinks that Dan Girardi is the most underrated player in the league.
3 juill. 2017 à 13 h 8
Démarrer sujet
I will add one more thing to my reason: Claude Giroux, who plays tons of minutes against Dan Girardi. Claude Giroux also thinks that Dan Girardi is the most underrated player in the league.

Daniel Sedin said Sven Baertschi is better than him. Your point?
3 juill. 2017 à 13 h 8
RAIF, use any sort of advanced analytics to support Dan Girardi. Go onto hockeyrefernece.com and find some
3 juill. 2017 à 13 h 8
Black Lives Matter

Daniel Sedin said Sven Baertschi is better than him. Your point?

better than Girardi? And they're good players too.
3 juill. 2017 à 13 h 10
Black Lives Matter
RAIF, use any sort of advanced analytics to support Dan Girardi. Go onto hockeyrefernece.com and find some

phillyjabroni, use shot blocks to support that Girardi is bad.

Just saying here that we have both shown stats that support what we think. Maybe he's better than you think he is and not as good as i do.
3 juill. 2017 à 13 h 11

Just saying here that we have both shown stats that support what we think. Maybe he's better than you think he is and not as good as i do.

Shots blocks = recovery of failed shot suppression. standing in front of a shot, doesn't prevent the shot from happening.

Dan Girardi HERO Chart : EV Shots Suppressed per hour compared to everyone else : 0.0 out of 10.0
nobody a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2017 à 13 h 11
Démarrer sujet

Shot blocks are bad because that means Girardi allows shots to happen as opposed to stopping them beforehand, which is why he has to block them. You keep forgetting he has some of the worst shot suppression numbers in the league
phillyjabroni a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2017 à 13 h 13
NYR v3 GM
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 189
This article isnt exactly numbers based but it does, imo, a decent job of recapping his career with the Rangers. I personally think he shouldn't be playing in the NHL anymore and I'd back it up with different metrics and number but it seems like you guys already took care of that.
nobody et phillyjabroni a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2017 à 13 h 25
Go Jackets
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,722
One key reasoning behind shot suppression being far better than shot blocking is the impact on goalies. To block a shot, the goalie is blind to the shot and is essentially being screened by the defender. If that puck deflects to the side and a man is left open it's an easy goal as the goalie was unable to see where the puck went and has delayed reaction time as a result. Another thing with shot blocking is that if the shot is whiffed on by the defender or it deflects off their stick, the goalie has zero chance of stopping it without luck. It's much easier for a goalie to not face shot attempts than have to deal with tons of shot blocking in front of him.
phillyjabroni a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2017 à 13 h 27
Black Lives Matter

Shots blocks = recovery of failed shot suppression. standing in front of a shot, doesn't prevent the shot from happening.

Dan Girardi HERO Chart : EV Shots Suppressed per hour compared to everyone else : 0.0 out of 10.0

but it could stop it from going in.
3 juill. 2017 à 13 h 31

What's more important: preventing a shot from even occurring or blocking a shot you failed to prevent from happening?
nobody a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2017 à 15 h 12
Black Lives Matter

What's more important: preventing a shot from even occurring or blocking a shot you failed to prevent from happening?

they're pretty similar.
3 juill. 2017 à 15 h 37

they're pretty similar.

can you define both of them, in your own words please?
3 juill. 2017 à 15 h 39
Black Lives Matter

they're pretty similar.

can you define both of them, in your own words please?

'Stopping the shot from being taken' and 'Stopping the shot from doing anything.' So they both help.
3 juill. 2017 à 15 h 42
Quoting: matt59
One key reasoning behind shot suppression being far better than shot blocking is the impact on goalies. To block a shot, the goalie is blind to the shot and is essentially being screened by the defender. If that puck deflects to the side and a man is left open it's an easy goal as the goalie was unable to see where the puck went and has delayed reaction time as a result. Another thing with shot blocking is that if the shot is whiffed on by the defender or it deflects off their stick, the goalie has zero chance of stopping it without luck. It's much easier for a goalie to not face shot attempts than have to deal with tons of shot blocking in front of him.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage